HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 08:59 AM
punch1943

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
by my count we have 6 cards left to work with if the rumours are true u will use 1 on koko so make it 5 then
If the rights to Koko are traded as I expect they will be, (why would he come back to this mess) I'd hope it shouldn't cost us a card. Heaven knows we'll need every card we can possibly scrounge up. I certainly don't pretend to know the intricacies of the card system but perhaps some of the prospects that we might possibly obtain may be on B cards and if so might be eligible to play a number of games with us. If I remember correctly Jordan McNaughton came our way in this fashion from Brampton. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:25 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
If the rights to Koko are traded as I expect they will be, (why would he come back to this mess) I'd hope it shouldn't cost us a card. Heaven knows we'll need every card we can possibly scrounge up. I certainly don't pretend to know the intricacies of the card system but perhaps some of the prospects that we might possibly obtain may be on B cards and if so might be eligible to play a number of games with us. If I remember correctly Jordan McNaughton came our way in this fashion from Brampton. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think koko gets moved but if they trade his rights a card won't be spend,as well as in the case of mcnaughton he was waived so the 10 game rule started over again

Old
12-30-2012, 09:40 AM
hockeylegend11

what alarms me the most about the teams recent slide is the poor goaltending, most would agree goaltending has not been an issue this season,if anything one of the few positives spits have had,no doubt moves have to be made.The spits are 4-5-0-1 in the last 10 games.An atrocious rd record is what is killing this team,one of the worst in the league,where as the home record is pretty good

Old
12-30-2012, 09:51 AM
hockeylegend11

Should be an interesting matchup Monday vs Whalers,Spits going in on a 5 game losing streak,while the Whalers have won 1 game in their last 9 games. Both teams have no excuses for their recent records

Old
12-30-2012, 10:06 AM
hockeylegend11

Interesting stats from the last two games,Vail,Johnson,Murphy,Bateman,Maletta were all -5 in those 2 games,while Ebert was a -4.The much malinged Rychel and Clarke were only -1 each,while Lorentz was 0 or even,not bad when your team gives up 17 goals. Sav Posa was a +1 in his return last nite,and fought Erić Locke despite feeling not quite 100% gutty effort in my view

Old
12-30-2012, 10:51 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
It makes you wonder what is really happening with Boogs & Warren. Are they both on the same page and working as a unit. I know when the kids get dropped into these situations ( Kerbys draft ) it often brings up hard questions on team development. Now that Boog has again laid waste to his kids it makes you wonder where they head now. When that kid came from Erie I rolled my eyes after watching him perfect his skating skills in Erie while not doing much else. IT sounds like there is some division in the ranks down there and maybe it's time Warren finds out who needs to go. Development of these kids doesn't really begin to show until next year...patience is needed by all the staff. They drafted some good kids in the past who kind of turned into low maintenance players with skills to die for....now they have a crop that is far different. So which way are the big guys focused right ? On Kerbys draft, Mem Cup hosting, trades, getting Koko back..........wow that's a busy itinerary for Management.
All the bells and whistles are nice but the big one is development of your present crop of kids. Trying to hit a home run swing in the trade market might help but when these guys are struggling no other teams are spending big to knock your door down.
If the elephant in the room is hosting next year I don't see this crazy stuff ending anytime soon.
Go back under your bridge pal. I am betting dollars to donuts that you're the same SimonKnightsman on the NOOF who in December of 2009 said the Spits had zero direction and never win after Boughner sent Mitchell and Cundari home after a poor performance against Kitchener and that it's no way to treat players. Just admit that as a London fan you're relishing this and jumping for joy. This is the exact garbage others were pointing to earlier in the week when a London fan dropped in. Sorry Libbs I know you said other fans are welcomed but this stuff above is exactly what I don't like. OHLTG maybe you can have beers and eat some wings with Simon how does that sound?

Old
12-30-2012, 11:01 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
what alarms me the most about the teams recent slide is the poor goaltending, most would agree goaltending has not been an issue this season,if anything one of the few positives spits have had,no doubt moves have to be made.The spits are 4-5-0-1 in the last 10 games.An atrocious rd record is what is killing this team,one of the worst in the league,where as the home record is pretty good
You're right on the goaltending. My concern is with the roof caving in DeKort won't be ready for next year if they continue to play Pavelka.

Legend in regards to finding help why not look to GB and 93 D Barrett Kaib, he was part of the USDP, dismissed from Providence and now producing with the GB Gamblers. He's never been drafted into the NHL, he would definitely help the Windsor D a clear upgrade on McNaughton, Bateman, Bowen. Arguably more talented than Posa and more ready than Sanvido. Just trying to think outside the box here because there needs to be changes. Kaib could return next year as well and might be a good choice for OA. Doesn't hurt to call.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:05 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
First point bang on.

As for a fire sale or clean house etc.. I think it would be a heck of a lot easier if Warren didn't have his son on the team. If his name was Kerby Jackson or Kerby Rose you could move him. Right now if they had a 2013 1st round pick I think they would rebuild. I know I am Mr. Negative but I wouldn't have an issue with any player being dealt.

Why not Vail to a team like Owen Sound? They have a decent core could do some damage.

Kitchener wants to make a run they seem to have top tier talent in place but want depth. Why not move Clarke and Johnson that would give them good support on the 3rd line?

Khokhlachev to Sarnia who has room for an import. Would look good with a guy like Galchenyuk and Goldobin.

There are a myriad of possibilities. I realize Maletta and Bateman have very little value because they have stunk you can put Marchese in that boat as well.

Heck Sieloff would have a lot of value to a contending team wanting to make a run this year and possibly next year.

I do like Vail and Sieloff but this is only under the idea that they aren't contending next year or in position to do it next year. Get prospects and picks for the 13 draft to go with the draft picks you get to keep in 2014 and 2015 and start rebuilding the right way.
I definitely see your point here. Looking from the outside in..Vail will be back next year(pretty close to 100%)..do you really want to move him? He would be a real nucleus as a leader.

Sieloff I could definitely see moving to a contender.... he'd likely bring at least 2-3 top picks plus a prospect. The pieces are there for Windsor to rebuild and subtract without completely blowing up the base they have. The sanctions definitely put them behind the 8-ball...but I believe the hockey minds are there to bring them through it.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:21 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
You're right on the goaltending. My concern is with the roof caving in DeKort won't be ready for next year if they continue to play Pavelka.

Legend in regards to finding help why not look to GB and 93 D Barrett Kaib, he was part of the USDP, dismissed from Providence and now producing with the GB Gamblers. He's never been drafted into the NHL, he would definitely help the Windsor D a clear upgrade on McNaughton, Bateman, Bowen. Arguably more talented than Posa and more ready than Sanvido. Just trying to think outside the box here because there needs to be changes. Kaib could return next year as well and might be a good choice for OA. Doesn't hurt to call.
Rayzor,I agree about Kalb,which is why i suggested Inglis from out west, a guy who can play, who"s tough and would not cost anything

Old
12-30-2012, 11:24 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I definitely see your point here. Looking from the outside in..Vail will be back next year(pretty close to 100%)..do you really want to move him? He would be a real nucleus as a leader.

Sieloff I could definitely see moving to a contender.... he'd likely bring at least 2-3 top picks plus a prospect. The pieces are there for Windsor to rebuild and subtract without completely blowing up the base they have. The sanctions definitely put them behind the 8-ball...but I believe the hockey minds are there to bring them through it.
Solid post,agree with everything u say,though i would hate to part with Seiloff

Old
12-30-2012, 11:34 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
He's going to bring you biggest return. Lick your wounds..recoup some picks and move forward. I'd love him on my team...though I highly doubt you'd see it. He'd really shore a team like Barrie or Owen Sound.

Run this up the flagpole and see who salutes

Sieloff to Barrie

2nd(2013),2nd(2014) conditional 4th rounder and Josh Carrick to Windsor

Old
12-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Sorry Libbs I know you said other fans are welcomed but this stuff above is exactly what I don't like. OHLTG maybe you can have beers and eat some wings with Simon how does that sound?
Trolls need not apply to my generosity. I stuck up for aresknights because he (and a couple other London posters) don't come in here to troll, but to have sincere conversations about Junior hockey. That and he came to my defense back in the day on the Jr.A boards when I posted in the London forum (about how dirty I thought Rinaldo was) and PP31 jumped all down my throat.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:38 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
That and he came to my defense back in the day on the Jr.A boards when I posted in the London forum (about how dirty I thought Rinaldo was) and PP31 jumped all down my throat.
Prove it..doesn't sound like anything I'd do

Old
12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
He's going to bring you biggest return. Lick your wounds..recoup some picks and move forward. I'd love him on my team...though I highly doubt you'd see it. He'd really shore a team like Barrie or Owen Sound.

Run this up the flagpole and see who salutes

Sieloff to Barrie

2nd(2013),2nd(2014) conditional 4th rounder and Josh Carrick to Windsor
How about Seiloff and Johnson to London for Welytcha and Raine and a couple of picks

Old
12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Legend in my mind and let's say for discussion sake that Spits don't get the Memorial Cup and can't turn it around over night for a contender. In regards to Sieloff I think there's a better chance if you trade him now you could entice a team like Sarnia to move DeAngelo, Plymouth could move Mistele. If you wait to next year there's no way Plymouth moves Mistele or Sarnia moves DeAngelo. If you moved Vail and Ebert you maybe could get a guy like Middleton in OS. If you moved Vail or Ebert to Guelph maybe you could scoop a guy like Garlent at least the Spits would finally have a guy down the middle.

If you wait it out for next year guys like DeAngelo, Mistele, Middleton, Garlent won't be available. My thought is all based upon getting young guys because you aren't going to get any impact player from the 2013 draft. We also have to keep in mind Saginaw will probably be selling and anything they get from Trocheck and Ross is likely to make the team better next year and when you put them with guys like Moutrey, Locke, Lodge, Kea, Young(I think he will be back), Paterson, Prophet(he should get better) and possibly a high pick in 2013 I would put them ahead of Windsor. We have had debates about Plymouth I would still take Mistele, Wilson, Hartman, Payne up front over what Windsor has returning. I think you take your medicine get some young guys and with picks in 14 build for 2015.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:22 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Trolls need not apply to my generosity. I stuck up for aresknights because he (and a couple other London posters) don't come in here to troll, but to have sincere conversations about Junior hockey. That and he came to my defense back in the day on the Jr.A boards when I posted in the London forum (about how dirty I thought Rinaldo was) and PP31 jumped all down my throat.
And I was a big fan of Rhino lol.

Razor/PP I agree with your above posts. Be aggressive, move some pieces now while the return is at a max.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:26 PM
aresknights

Quote:
How about Seiloff and Johnson to London for Welytcha and Raine and a couple of picks
I wouldnt, but that maybe just me. Id use Wely as a piece to try and go bigger. I love Seiloffs style of play, just that Id use Wely n picks to go after a F.

They prolly get more for Seiloff elsewhere as well, therfore maxing return.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
punch1943

Quote:

I like the way you think. Turn over every rock to see if you can find a hidden gem that can play on this team. If you can bring in someone that can play it would allow us to move out someone else for picks. Perhaps Phil DiGiuseppe,Jordan Schmaltz or others in the US on our protected list who are not burning up the college ranks this year might be ready to try the OHL and their rights could be add-ons in a trade.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:48 PM
JL17

Quote:
I don't want Welchyka going to a place were the have to deal with him 4 or more times a season.

Johnson I've never liked. Seiloff would be a nice fit. I like his game and he can fit in nicely plus he should return next year which IMO is important for London especially on D.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
I don't want Welchyka going to a place were the have to deal with him 4 or more times a season.

Johnson I've never liked. Seiloff would be a nice fit. I like his game and he can fit in nicely plus he should return next year which IMO is important for London especially on D.
There's no way they would trade With London unless they got a overpayment offer, I think the last trade between these two teams was Frank Rediker for Tom Mannino and it was really jus a minor deal, Sieloff would definetly make the spits pay for trading him, next season he will be a beast.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Ottomatic

Sieloff can play in the AHL next year right?

Old
12-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
No he's a 94, you have to be a 93 born player... It's either the NHL or back to the OHL.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Correct.

But he is in the Flames system and they are known for slow progression of their prospects. I think you will see him back.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
No he's a 94, you have to be a 93 born player... It's either the NHL or back to the OHL.
Incorrect. He was drafted out of the USNTDP. He can play in the AHL as a 19yo.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Incorrect. He was drafted out of the USNTDP. He can play in the AHL as a 19yo.
Oh so there's a good chance he won't be back next year, to me he's ready for the jump.

Closed Thread