Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgardz View Post
Rumor at the Knights game last night is Jammes and Welychka to Ottawa for Cecil and Graovic. Was told this prior to Wely's hatty. I dunno if picks are involved as well, also not sure about the source...just repeating what I heard.
Rather just send Jammes (and a pick if necessary) for Ceci. Wely for Graovic isn't worth upsetting the chemistry of that line.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Rather just send Jammes (and a pick if necessary) for Ceci. Wely for Graovic isn't worth upsetting the chemistry of that line.
You're joking right?

Old
12-28-2012, 12:06 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Really? Cuz I heard Platzer to Niagara for Ritchie...Nobody knows whats going on. Players are very quiet, yet remain very nervous.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Omg lol I love watching what knights fans think they can get for that...be more realistic who ever made up that rumor was not there because your not going to get superstars for your spare parts, again thank you for the laughs knight fans.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
PoorPetes
Rookie User

Lots of rumours out there.
For the "petes sake" think their games this weekend will shed some clearer light on whether they are selling and rebuilding AGAIN....

We know Quine and KoekKoek want out, but then Mathers is up for grabs too and probably others too like Menard, Seymour and Trojanovic. Like the idea of Mathers & Seymour to Oshawa actually as BROCK predicted but would the Petes ever trade to their worst enemy? or does it help now with Jeff T. there who may have good relationship with new acting coach Hull and GM Oke?

Kitchener, Guelph, Windsor and of course London would be options too. Some descent forwards and defense out of Peterborough possibly up for grabs by Monday.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Omg lol I love watching what knights fans think they can get for that...be more realistic who ever made up that rumor was not there because your not going to get superstars for your spare parts, again thank you for the laughs knight fans.
Ya, because we gave up everything to get Watson and McKegg last year! Or were they not considered super stars????

Old
12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Ya, because we gave up everything to get Watson and McKegg last year! Or were they not considered super stars????
Is Ceci sitting at home and saying "London or nothing"?

Old
12-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
You're joking right?
No, to all of it. If this is a rumour with substance (I dunno), then ya I would rather have Welychka on the line he is on playing those type of minutes instead of Graovic.
Personal preference thats all.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:01 PM
JL17

No offense to the other fans who thinking we're giving them good laughs... some of the rumours come from good sources scouts and so on. Mark hasn't had to spend to much to get what he's gotten since the Del Zotto deal. Just simple as that.

I agree Jammes for Ceci is a joke... Jammes would get a mid round pick at best and maybe a water bottle or 2.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:02 PM
dino200022

Quote:
No, to all of it. If this is a rumour with substance (I dunno), then ya I would rather have Welychka on the line he is on playing those type of minutes instead of Graovic.
Personal preference thats all.
Welly has grown on me, plus having someone being able to play on the backend when needed is a bonus.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Rumours are out there, and we are just commenting on them. In all actuallity it probably is the framework of a potential deal (needing a bit of tweaking).
If Ceci is a half year rental, why wouldn't it cost Jammes (who many like his 'potential' (being the key word here, he is still young) and a pick or two.
I figure you are just upset that your team isn't in position to make a trade for a run, and also upset with the fact that nobody in the history of the O has sat at home saying I want to be traded to Windsor or nothing. London is the place to play
Unless of course the team breaks a bunch of rules for players for two straight years...

Old
12-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
Welly has grown on me, plus having someone being able to play on the backend when needed is a bonus.
He hasn't fought in a while and his physical game has not been as prevalent but his versatiltiy is certainly something that is a bonus.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Per loosepucks.com
Sarnia Sting acquire D Taki Pantziris from Guelph for OS 4th in '13 and 4th in'16.
Played for Brown University and will suit up tonight for the Sting.

I see this guy put up good numbers in Tier 2 a couple years ago....more of a depth move.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:15 PM
JL17

Quote:
He hasn't fought in a while and his physical game has not been as prevalent but his versatiltiy is certainly something that is a bonus.
He fought in the game before Christmas Aside from is 7 minute outburst which included an instigator the kid doesn't take penalties either.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:19 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Been hearing this rumour since November and IMHO it,s some fans wish list likely.

Ceci is also way too pricey for what Mark wants to do. They don't need expensive D at this point but a high end forward is more likely.

They already have D depth...galore so Mark will add one more cheaper...then blow the wad on a high end snipe.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Been hearing this rumour since November and IMHO it,s some fans wish list likely.

Ceci is also way too pricey for what Mark wants to do. They don't need expensive D at this point but a high end forward is more likely.

They already have D depth...galore so Mark will add one more cheaper...then blow the wad on a high end snipe.
To be honest, my wish list is simply a sniper and thats it. Trochek would top my list and I would happily part ways with young talent, draft picks and able bodied veterans. Don't need another defenceman, we have Platzer!

Old
12-28-2012, 01:25 PM
JL17

I mentioned if the Knights want to look at a D-man get one that will be back next year since they'll be a big hole to fill next year. You can blow a wad on that.

Things may change in the coming days as well with the new offer on the table in the NHL. This is one that can probably be the beginning of the end of the lockout so we'll have to wait and see how it goes.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:17 PM
KnightRanger

I agree. London bests moves are to go after players who have a good chance of returning rather than rentals. Specifically on the blueline.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:50 PM
aresknights

Agreed, Mark should look to add players well have for 1 1/2 years, knowing itll cost more now. 1F and 1D. He has enough good youngins wholl strugle to get minutes up front next year. Instead of burying decent assets on a 4th line or in jrB flip a few with picks for higher end guys.

These kids drafted from Tierneys year to the last draft with Herbst, MacD, and our 2 D of the future have a chance to be part of something special if Mark can continue to work the magic hes had for 3 years in regards to deals. A few maybe moved thou.
Bo, Domi, Anderson, Tierney, Platz, Elie, Broadhurst. Liberati, Wely, Matta, Zadarov et al

Being aggressive at the import draft (trading up 2 straight years) has paid huge dividends

Last edited by aresknights: 12-28-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 08:29 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Hearing it enough to believe it's somewhat true..Welychka,Jammes and Raine are definitely being dangled.

Look at your talent pool for next year and it makes perfect sense.

Welychka out MacDonald in
Raine out Centorame in
Jammes out anyone in

it wouldn't shock me at all to see any of those 3 or all of them moved.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 12-30-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old
12-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Hearing it enough to believe it's somewhat true..Welychka,Jammes and Raine are definitely being dangled.

Look at your talent pool for next year and it makes perfect sense.

Welychka out MacDonald in
Raine out Centorame in
Jammes out anyone in

it wouldn't shock me at all to see any of those 3 or all of them moved.
Welychka for Garret Ross and Picks? Would hate to see him go but I think either him or Trocheck is moved. But not both. (don't know London's OA situation)

Old
12-30-2012, 12:45 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Welychka for Garret Ross and Picks? Would hate to see him go but I think either him or Trocheck is moved. But not both. (don't know London's OA situation)
London has 3 OA's currently and would have to move one of Ferry/Hughes or Bailie for this move..don't see it happening. Trochek is on the radar.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Saginaw has traded 95 born goalie Lucas Peressini to Kingston for a 4th round pick in 2014. Peressini has been playing Jr A all season long and was in no way going to see any time in Saginaw during his junior career. This is basically a free pick for Saginaw. Way to to overpay Kingston. Thanks.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
I really think Trocheck will be coming to London (no inside info, just speculating). Monahan 'only' has 14 goals. The Knights only have one true sniper and that is Griffith. If he goes down, we then go to a solid group of goals by committee. Of the available players (or speculated to be available) here is why you don't take them: Monahan (cost too much as he is an all around player not a sniper and could be back next year inflating his value), B. Ritchie/Strome (too risky with NHL issues - throw Hamilton into that mix), Quine/N. Ritchie (Quine isnt that good, and Ritchie probably won't get dealt. If anyone in Peterborough has a brain in their head they would keep their assets and build through the draft, they have had poor leadership during this tough stretch).
Dont see why Sudbury would trade Corrado.

So that brings us back to Trocheck. With the recent 'try outs' a few of our forwards have had back on D, this allows us to acquire the secondary (to Seth) sniper we need and not loose too much in the process. Maybe we get away with Jammes and picks, might have to add Welychka (would hate to see that). Or maybe the trade gets bigger and a D comes over too and Raine goes back.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:38 PM
aresknights

Trickle, trickle, trickle. The flood gates should open up in a week.

Closed Thread