HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

HF Boards' Healthy Body Transformation Thread - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 08:55 PM
KISSland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Not even close, indeed. That microwavable **** is disgusting.
Yeah I had that **** this morning because I ran out of it. ****ing awful.

I'll check again when I do my set next week Lynk, and thanks for the stretches I do one of them before every workout.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Unaffiliated

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
I don't really care what my calves look like. Maybe you care about what they do but they don't matter to me. I'm training to be stronger, not trying to have sexy calves.

If you think anyone on here should be using the program of a geared competitive bodybuilder, you're nuts.

Bodybuilding is lame these days anyways. There's some wrong with guys who want shave their body, turn their skin orange, get greased up and prance around on a stage in a banana hammock.
This thread isn't only for people who need to lose weight.

And besides, I only posted the video to show some total idiot who uses machines. Only an idiot would take it as a suggestion.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:50 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Just a few examples of the Bros I see in the gym:

Is it any wonder why the weight room is such a disaster to be in.

At least the weight is heavy though...... Right?...

Oh man that deadlift video was hard to watch. It hurt my lower back just watching it.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:54 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
When do you guys do deadlifts? On your back days or on your leg days? I do it for legs personally... Did a 3 sets last night and I know I'm not doing it 100% correct because my left leg has this pinching/twitching feeling when I get up.

Back days.

Try going lighter until you get the technique right. Then you can start adding weight.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:31 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeamonkey View Post
lmao.

Last edited by InjuredChoker: 12-29-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old
12-29-2012, 07:04 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Ordered some Clean Gainer on boxing day from Rivalus' website- 40% off, came to $53.99, plus it was free shipping.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Puck Farise

Quote:
Easy to screw up your knew though. If you squat properly you should have no problem with your back.

If you think you should be doing extra leg exercises after you squat and deadlift then you aren't training hard enough.
Speaking of "not training hard enough"...if you seriously follow squats up with deadlifts, then I'd almost guarantee you're not working either one of them hard enough, or lift some relatively light weight.

Tiring yourself out with one of the most intense compound lifts, and then following that up with probably the next most intense compound lift...genius.

And btw if your entire leg circuit consists of just squats and deadlifts, you are severely under-training your quads.

Last edited by Puck Farise: 12-29-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old
12-29-2012, 08:57 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Wilder just rustling jimmies guys. No one who actually lifts does what he's saying.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:50 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPass2Clarkson View Post
Speaking of "not training hard enough"...if you seriously follow squats up with deadlifts, then I'd almost guarantee you're not working either one of them hard enough, or lift some relatively light weight.
I've already stated that I use jellydick weights.

Quote:
Tiring yourself out with one of the most intense compound lifts, and then following that up with probably the next most intense compound lift...genius.
These days I don't. Or at least not with heavy (for me) weights. I'll do heavy deadlifts and then some light sets of squats. I used to do heavy squats then press followed up by deadlifts.

But I'm not the one who is looking to do leg presses after deadlifting.

Quote:
And btw if your entire leg circuit consists of just squats and deadlifts, you are severely under-training your quads.
Leg circuit? Are you some aspiring bodybuilding?

Don't be worrying about my quads. I already have a hard enough time fitting them into straight leg pants.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:

Don't be worrying about my quads. I already have a hard enough time fitting them into straight leg pants.

Aaaaaaaannd we're done.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:47 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Wilder just rustling jimmies guys. No one who actually lifts does what he's saying.
And I'm guessing your definition of "lifts" is gloved bicep curls in the squat rack. So by your definition, no, I don't lift.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

This week was discouraging.

I went to gym all week save for Friday, fighting the flu. Didn't lose a pound, and instead of feeling good after each session, I just felt really meh.

I'm eating healthier too, and calorie counting, I'm having trouble keeping UP with the maximum amount of calories. Appetite isn't there.

trying to drink water consistently too.

Frustrating, but I think the flu had a big part of it...oh well tomorrow is rest day and going back on monday.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:24 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
And I'm guessing your definition of "lifts" is gloved bicep curls in the squat rack. So by your definition, no, I don't lift.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:12 PM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post

I went to gym all week save for Friday, fighting the flu. Didn't lose a pound, and instead of feeling good after each session, I just felt really meh.

I'm eating healthier too, and calorie counting, I'm having trouble keeping UP with the maximum amount of calories. Appetite isn't there.

Frustrating, but I think the flu had a big part of it...oh well tomorrow is rest day and going back on monday.
You may want to take a few days off if you are feeling THAT ******.

It's not a habit, but if I feel ****** I'll either half my workout or skip it entirely.

Now I had decided before my crappy workout on Thursday that this week would be a de load week.

I expect a better session tomorrow.

Feel better.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:24 PM
darko

Quote:

You are better off giving it few days rest to get over the flu. Tried training with the flu but you are kinda half-assing it and just going thru the motions.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:39 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPass2Clarkson View Post
I follow squats with deadlifts, or to be specific, back and front squats then deadlifts.

You'd be wrong, I work hard on squats and deadlifts. With squats I push myself to whatever I can handle, with deadlifts I set 90kg (my bodyweight) while I am working on my flexibility as I deadlift off of a 20kg plate/blocks rather than the floor.

Quote:
It all depends on what you are used to. But I appreciate the judgement.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:48 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Old
12-29-2012, 06:35 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Yes, we get it. Crossfit sucks. But at least it gets women away from the stupid treadmills and ellipticals to get them lifting weights. Remember the adage - Crossfit turns men into women and women hot.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:01 PM
blue425

Crisis averted. Numbers are what they should be.

An easy week every 4-6 is nice.

Back to normal Wednesday.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Crisis averted. Numbers are what they should be.

An easy week every 4-6 is nice.

Back to normal Wednesday.
good to hear!

Old
12-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Unaffiliated

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
I follow squats with deadlifts, or to be specific, back and front squats then deadlifts.

You'd be wrong, I work hard on squats and deadlifts. With squats I push myself to whatever I can handle, with deadlifts I set 90kg (my bodyweight) while I am working on my flexibility as I deadlift off of a 20kg plate/blocks rather than the floor.

It all depends on what you are used to. But I appreciate the judgement.
A bdwt deadlift is pretty damn light (no offence)

And if the bar starts elevated, that's less work

Old
12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
blue425

Quote:
good to hear!
Thanks.

I was never too concerned as I figured I was just fatigued from the holiday. Tired in general and I had eaten things I hadn't eaten for months. I'm not saying that's what it was, but you never know how your body is going to react to things like flour when you never eat it, and then you're having three pieces of cake on Christmas.

Still though it was nice to get a good solid session in.

How are you feeling?

Old
12-31-2012, 07:43 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
A bdwt deadlift is pretty damn light (no offence)

And if the bar starts elevated, that's less work
None taken. As I said its short term while I improve my flexibillity. Which is why I can handle squatting then deadlifting. I just didn't appreciate the judgement from the otherguy when the circumstances weren't known.

If I was pushing myself hard on both then fine, probably not sensible.....I know that already

Old
12-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Thanks.

I was never too concerned as I figured I was just fatigued from the holiday. Tired in general and I had eaten things I hadn't eaten for months. I'm not saying that's what it was, but you never know how your body is going to react to things like flour when you never eat it, and then you're having three pieces of cake on Christmas.

Still though it was nice to get a good solid session in.

How are you feeling?
Pretty good! Did a lighter leg workout today.

I know there's quite a bit of people posting all these crazy leg workouts, but I've been sticking to three leg routines, with body weight (since I haven't gotten the correct posturing down): Squats, Lunges and calf rises. Sometimes I'll do leg extensions with the machine, but I decided to skip that today.

Definitely feel it lol. But I didn't feel drained like I did last week, but good afterwards, so the flu must be going away soon here!

Old
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Finally started chest lifts again (flys and presses) after tearing my inner chest wall in 2010..... only to feel like I tweaked it again.... How depressing. Now I'll be on the shelf for a couple weeks most likely.

I don't get it though, to avoid tweaking it I avoided direct-pec exercises and went shoulder and back heavy (deads, squats, crucifixes, lat raises, military presses). They were all fine, no chest pain. Soon as I start pec flys, felt the tweak. Lifts such as crucifixes still use your pecs though, which is what I don't understand.

Closed Thread