HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2012 NFL Season: Time for the playoff chase...or #1 draft pick chase

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  #926
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,607
vCash: 500
Hooray! The Jets season is over!

Scott04 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  #927
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
At least we aren't Cowboy fans
That's not saying much. Nobody likes them.

Saugus is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:12 PM
  #928
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Hooray! The Jets season is over!
I haz a sad

DatBoyJPP is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
  #929
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I haz a sad
I'm conflicted. I enjoyed the laughs, but it was a struggle finding somewhere to be every Sunday so I didn't have to attend and/or watch a Jets game.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
  #930
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
You really are. Every sports board I go on I have to hide Bear threads. You guys are right up there with Pittsburgh and the beautiful thing is you guys are too delusional to realize it. At least Steeler fans know they are hated.
Yup sports boards are fully representative of the whole fan base. You got it.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:15 PM
  #931
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Hooray! The Jets season is over!
My thoughts exactly

Devils Trap is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:23 PM
  #932
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Yup sports boards are fully representative of the whole fan base. You got it.
It doesn't matter where I go, I can never find a rational Bear fan and as a fan of the Cubs I've met my fair share of Chicagoans.

After seeing bandwagon/gloryhunter Pacman on Twitter acting like he knows football I really, really, really want the Vikings to stomp out Green Bay.

DatBoyJPP is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:28 PM
  #933
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,258
vCash: 500
This will be one of the few times I'll ever be rooting for the Packers to win. Wouldn't be surprised to see AP run all over them though.

And I've lived in both the Chicago area and New York area and both are nearly equally pessimistic. The only difference is that New York fans go crazy after a bad season and want people's heads. In Chicago there has been a long history of suckage save for the Bulls with Jordan.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:38 PM
  #934
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,452
vCash: 50
All of you guys are jerks and should be happy with what you have.

-Bills fan

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:44 PM
  #935
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
It doesn't matter where I go, I can never find a rational Bear fan and as a fan of the Cubs I've met my fair share of Chicagoans.

After seeing bandwagon/gloryhunter Pacman on Twitter acting like he knows football I really, really, really want the Vikings to stomp out Green Bay.
Christoph is a Bears fan. Only rational one I have ever come into contact with. But that's another story.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:48 PM
  #936
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
All of you guys are jerks and should be happy with what you have.

-Bills fan
At least the Bills are just bad...the Jets are bad and a constant embarassment off the field as well as on. I can't fathom how much this team has bottomed out less than two years after that epic playoff win in New England that buried a decade's worth of misery against them.

I don't get why you guys are bagging on Bears fans for being pessimistic, most fans are either overly pessimistic or arrogant optomists by nature. Plenty of 'Devil' fans are pessimistic lmao.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
  #937
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,973
vCash: 340
Well Packers D looks absolutely awful so far

My hopes for Bears playoffs are fading

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:03 PM
  #938
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,452
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
At least the Bills are just bad...the Jets are bad and a constant embarassment off the field as well as on. I can't fathom how much this team has bottomed out less than two years after that epic playoff win in New England that buried a decade's worth of misery against them.

I don't get why you guys are bagging on Bears fans for being pessimistic, most fans are either overly pessimistic or arrogant optomists by nature. Plenty of 'Devil' fans are pessimistic lmao.
I'd rather be "entertaining sideshow drama" bad than "crippling alcoholic depression" bad.

Last time the Bills made the playoffs was a few months before my 8th birthday.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:13 PM
  #939
King Henrique
ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
 
King Henrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 500
Let's go Colts! Big win today and looks like they will be playing the Ravens next week. What a season they had though. I was fully expecting a losing season and for Luck to be so-so in his first year. What a pleasant surprise, Luck is a ****ing stud.

King Henrique is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:17 PM
  #940
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I'd rather be "entertaining sideshow drama" bad than "crippling alcoholic depression" bad.

Last time the Bills made the playoffs was a few months before my 8th birthday.
Experience it then tell me that. I would have preferred a 4-12 season with no off-field nonsense. This whole season's been one big, unhappy mess. From the training camp sideshow with Tebow to the historically bad offense to the locker room mess during the season to the disgraceful way they handled Tebow and some of Woody's insane comments to the way Rex has botched the last few weeks PR-wise, the embarassment of Thanksgiving and butt-fumblegate.

It's felt like enough misery and embarassment for three seasons in one. There's just not ever been a break from embarassment. Even this week which should have been a nice, quiet nothing week was another kick in the teeth as a Jet fan between Rex's embarassment over the Mehta article (and not even being able to say whether he was on or off the record today), to the latest QB fiasco.

I understand the Bills' recent futility but at least you went to four straight Super Bowls in my lifetime. I've never even seen the Jets in one. I'd like to at least be able to soak up the insane two week hype machine at some point.


Last edited by NJDevs26: 12-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.
NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM
  #941
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Look I am a Akers fan but no more please! I am sorry there is something seriously wrong with him that we don't know about.

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:44 PM
  #942
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,973
vCash: 340
Vikes are going to playoffs

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:48 PM
  #943
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
So many possible storylines for the Colts this postseason. They face Baltimore which is their former city. Could realistically face either their former QB or their biggest rival in the 2nd and possibly 3rd rounds. Could face their divisional rival too. Then theres the unlikely possibility of #1 vs #2 overall for the Super Bowl.

That being said, they go as far as Luck takes them. I think they can beat Baltimore, but I don't think they can go further than that but I will be pulling the whole way.

apice3* is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:52 PM
  #944
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
It doesn't matter where I go, I can never find a rational Bear fan and as a fan of the Cubs I've met my fair share of Chicagoans.

After seeing bandwagon/gloryhunter Pacman on Twitter acting like he knows football I really, really, really want the Vikings to stomp out Green Bay.
Dude he's been a Packers fan for like 30 years

apice3* is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:52 PM
  #945
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,452
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Experience it then tell me that. I would have preferred a 4-12 season with no off-field nonsense. This whole season's been one big, unhappy mess. From the training camp sideshow with Tebow to the historically bad offense to the locker room mess during the season to the disgraceful way they handled Tebow and some of Woody's insane comments to the way Rex has botched the last few weeks PR-wise, the embarassment of Thanksgiving and butt-fumblegate.

It's felt like enough misery and embarassment for three seasons in one. There's just not ever been a break from embarassment. Even this week which should have been a nice, quiet nothing week was another kick in the teeth as a Jet fan between Rex's embarassment over the Mehta article (and not even being able to say whether he was on or off the record today), to the latest QB fiasco.

I understand the Bills' recent futility but at least you went to four straight Super Bowls in my lifetime. I've never even seen the Jets in one. I'd like to at least be able to soak up the insane two week hype machine at some point.
How about 13 of them?

Yeah we went to four straight Super Bowls....and lost all of them. We had an absolutely loaded roster, basically the football equivalent of the 90's Red Wings and somehow managed to choke our way to 0 championships.

At least you guys GET national coverage. I just want to sit at the big boy table again.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 04:53 PM
  #946
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Dude he's been a Packers fan for like 30 years
He's got a half dozen youtube videos at the bottom of his essay to prove it.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 05:08 PM
  #947
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany
 
Henrique Iglesias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ-NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
So, just to be clear, the winner of the Cowboys-Skins game gets a playoff spot?

Henrique Iglesias is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 05:08 PM
  #948
King Henrique
ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
 
King Henrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 500
Green Bay is down 3 with a long way to go. Will Bears fans stop all this doom and gloom **** and just watch the game.

King Henrique is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 05:09 PM
  #949
King Henrique
ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
 
King Henrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point Man View Post
So, just to be clear, the winner of the Cowboys-Skins game gets a playoff spot?
Yup, and the loser goes home.

King Henrique is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
  #950
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
How about 13 of them?

Yeah we went to four straight Super Bowls....and lost all of them. We had an absolutely loaded roster, basically the football equivalent of the 90's Red Wings and somehow managed to choke our way to 0 championships.

At least you guys GET national coverage. I just want to sit at the big boy table again.
The only game the Bills 'should' have won was the first one. They faced GREAT Cowboys teams and a borderline great Redskin team that was 17-2.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.