HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 11:49 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I ended up getting the jersey, now I'm wondering where I can go to get it customized.
The only place that can do the customization so that the jersey looks like the ones the players wear on the ice is Denver Athletic. If you've read through this thread, Jay (AvsHockeyPodcast), TheU and I have said it quite a few times...DA is the only place to get it done. They've had the contract for the Avs jerseys since day 1 in Colorado and they are the only place that can do the name curve and number font/placement correctly and match exact materials to what the players wear. Depending on where you are you may have to send it through the mail & pay for extra shipping, but you got a killer deal on the jersey in the first place, right? And the couple of extra bucks will be worth how great your jersey will look, as well as the piece of mind that your jersey looks exactly like the ones the players wear on the ice. And I promise, once you get it you'll notice the difference when you see other Avs jerseys that weren't done at DA (it's that noticeable). Check their website for contact info, send them an email for details & get them your jersey. Have you decided on a player/number yet? Post pics when it's done!

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 11-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 12:41 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emackulate View Post
thanks for the long and detailed reply . do you happen to have any close up pictures of an authentic jersey that shows these differences? i'd like to see the differences as some sort of a guide.
I have some pics, hopefully this will do, at least to get you started: 1st pic is a close up of 3 authentic Starters with the NHL shield logo on the tail, bottom right. 2nd pic is a Starter Replica with the Western Conference logo in the same place (authentics have the NHL shield, replicas have a variety of logos on the tail). 3rd pic is another replica with the puck logo on the tail.

Also look at the left sleeve at the wrist on each pic. The authentic doesn't have anything on the sleeve, but you can make out the Starter logo in the 2nd pic, and it's easy to see the Koho logo in the 3rd pic. Authentics don't have a logo on the left sleeve and all replicas do (even the current Edge jerseys).

2 more pics: 1st is a CCM authentic. You can see at the elbows a half-circle stitching in white thread which is the double elbow (an extra layer of material sewn into the elbows) 2nd pic is the same jersey, replica version -different color b/c it's the other team- and no stitching for double elbow material (you can also see the sleeve tag on this one). Pre Edge CCM authentics all have double elbows & replicas do not, but Pre Edge Starter and Pro Player replicas do have double elbows.

And a couple more: 1st is an authentic Starter. This time look at the numeric (48-R) sizing. Authentics are sized with numbers and replicas with traditional S, M, L, XL. Hard to see in the 2nd pic, but the replica jersey's tag shows size "L".

CCM authentics have numeric sizing also, but the tags are lots smaller, like in the pic below. You can see the tiny "48" tag to the left of the CCM tag just inside the V neck. You can also see the "Authentic On Ice Game Jersey" wording on the large CCM neck label. CCM replicas say "Official Licensed Jersey" in the same place and size with letters, not numbers.

Here's a good pic of a fight strap.

Replicas don't have fight straps sewn into the backs, all authentics do.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 08-18-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
This may help: If you're small, get a size small. If you're medium-sized, go with a medium. If you are a large person, get a large, and if you're an extra large person, snag an XL.

Seriously...I will never understand how one manufacturer can differ so greatly from another with what they call a "large" or a "medium". I don't own any Edge jerseys, replica or authentic, so I can't really offer any perspective, but it seems the S,M,L,XL scale is a little more universal than the numeric system used for authentics. Maybe take a trip to the mall and see if you can find a store that sells jerseys, try a few on and go from there.
I usually wear XL t-shirts, but I own a Large Edge Jersey and it fits very well. I wear XL because of broad shoulders and large arms, which seems to be the exact way the Edge Jerseys are cut, more room in the upper portions and a little more fitted in the gut.

So my guess would be that most people could follow a similar rule and get a size which suits them well, unless they want it a bit bigger. I wear them during hockey practices with the kids I coach and still have plenty of flexibility to move in them, but if I had to wear gear I'd need to go up a size or two.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time

Took a picture for my Joe Sakic tribute blog post that I thought you guys would appreciate:

And the post is here, just in case you need a little more light Joe Sakic reading.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:22 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs Hockey Podcast View Post
Took a picture for my Joe Sakic tribute blog post that I thought you guys would appreciate:

And the post is here, just in case you need a little more light Joe Sakic reading.
Dude, that is ****ing amazing!

Old
11-25-2012, 11:48 PM
HockeyFan100
#FreeRedmond

Quote:

Holy Sakic jeresey Batman! That's nice! I do have this huge Sakic shrine in my room, but never had one of his jerseys.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:06 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:

Envious, as always Jay. One I've always been surprised not to see in your Sakic collection, though. A White team Canada from the 2002 gold medal game. Tournament MVP, awarded the gold medal in the white & all. Been looking for one to add to my collection, or a blank, for a while now. Also looking for a black 3rd from the '06 olympics - Captain of team Canada, not too shabby, and a cool jersey with the Captain "C".

Also of note - that you have exactly 21 Sakic jerseys in your collection....hmmmmm. 21, huh?

Enjoyed the blog on Sakic, too. Good stuff as usual.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:19 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:

holy JEALOUSSSS!!!

Old
11-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

Awesome collection.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Unlimited Chequing
Baecon Pancakes

vCash: 0
Quote:

That's freaking awesome! I just bought a Sakic jersey myself to commemorate his induction into the HHOF. I really wanted the current jersey with the home colours, but at the price the guy was selling it at it was hard to resist so I ended up with the away jersey.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:48 PM
marioni

Quote:

Wow!

Old
12-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Regardless of the fact I'd be supporting the NHL if I bought one of those discounted Black Ice jerseys, I'm wondering if anyone has any way of finding out if Altitude Authentics would have the capability of re-customizing one for me (ignoring price, which would probably be a lot).

Old
12-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NHL-REEBOK-Pr...#ht_567wt_1397

Anyone know if that jersey is legit? I don't think they make fake premier jerseys do they?

Old
12-23-2012, 11:08 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NHL-REEBOK-Pr...#ht_567wt_1397

Anyone know if that jersey is legit? I don't think they make fake premier jerseys do they?
You're right, they don't fake premiers. It's a legit replica. Careful, though. The numbers on the back and sleeves may be vinyl and not sewn twill material. Email the seller and ask to see closeup pics of the number on the back, or directly ask if the numbers are sewn layers of material. You should be able to tell from a good pic if the numbers are fabric or not. Look close, though because the vinyl numbers I've seen actually have computer printed stitch marks where the layers of fabric would be sewn together.

Old
12-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Just put up my #62 Stastny jersey on Ebay. Looking to pay down some student loans, and I've decided to follow DU instead in the future. Cheers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Stastny.../300838469229?

Old
12-27-2012, 01:33 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Just put up my #62 Stastny jersey on Ebay. Looking to pay down some student loans, and I've decided to follow DU instead in the future. Cheers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Stastny.../300838469229?
If I wear XXL would 48 fit me?

Old
12-27-2012, 03:36 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
If I wear XXL would 48 fit me?
48 Would be equivalent to a small.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:39 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Haha I was way off. Thanks for the info.

Old
12-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
This is one of the older Reebok authentics. Not the new ones. I bought this in Stastny's rookie year.

It's basically a size large. 30" Sleeve Length, 32" Jersey Length, and 48-50" Chest

Old
12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
48 is about a large, like Bonzai said. CCM/Reebok 6100 jerseys run a little bigger than Starters did. A 48 will measure 24 to 25 inches pit to pit, which would fit like a large jersey. I have a couple of size Large replica CCMs that measure 25 inches pit to pit and fit exactly like my CCM 48s.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

On the for sale subject...I got a Forsberg Reebok premier jersey for christmas in size XXL. Way too big and I'm looking to unload it. New with tags, bought at Pepsi Center. Twill numbers on back and sleeves.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:54 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
On the for sale subject...I got a Forsberg Reebok premier jersey for christmas in size XXL. Way too big and I'm looking to unload it. New with tags, bought at Pepsi Center. Twill numbers on back and sleeves.
How much? And would you have any pics?

Old
12-31-2012, 04:37 AM
billybobjoe2112

vCash: 504
How would I go about finding a Duchene Spengler Cup jersey.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:58 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
How much? And would you have any pics?
I'll take pics tonight and PM you with details.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:16 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
How would I go about finding a Duchene Spengler Cup jersey.
May be tough, but follow this thread on IceJerseys Boards:
http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.p...30#entry109416
These guys know how to get the rare & obscure stuff, so keep checking this thread.

If that goes nowhere, then watch seller WorldHockeyJerseys on Ebay. He has really cool stuff and lists frequently. His auctions end quickly, so check him often. Don't know if he has any Canada or ever carries it, though.

Also try,
http://www.facebook.com/spenglercupdavos
https://www.facebook.com/OchsnerHockeyAG
You'll have to google translate the content to see if anything gets you to a jersey sale page.

Other than that, try IceJerseys, Coolhockey, RiverCitySports, and team Canada's official site....last resort Google Spengler cup jersey and see where it takes you. Good luck.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 01-01-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Closed Thread