HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

St. Louis vs NYR SCF matchup-who wins?

Old
12-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
So, the Blues gave their player contracts structured so that in a few years they can't afford to pay them?
Not saying it's not true, just seems like a rather... Dumb business decision

12-20-2012, 12:54 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
So, the Blues gave their player contracts structured so that in a few years they can't afford to pay them?
Not saying it's not true, just seems like a rather... Dumb business decision
Who said that? Nobody said anything of the sort.

When the majority of your top players are all on their first or second contracts, they are cheaper than if you signed them at market value. If you are a financially strapped team, you aren't going to be able to keep all of them at market price. That is why you develop new talent.

Stop insulting the Blues for doing the best the can with the finances they have. The Blues have 10 RFAs to resign within the next two years. Including Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Stewart, and Berglund. Something will have to give. Likely players like Sobotka and D'Agostini, certainly guys like Langenbrunner and Nichol. But that might not be enough.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Pietrangelo's gonna get the hope diamond when he hits free agency

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:38 PM
SnowblindNYR

Why do people get their panties in a bunch over people saying their team is boring? It's an opinion! I'm a Rangers fan and during the playoffs last year I was incredibly bored for large portions of the game. Grinding and soccer scores tests even my patience.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:09 AM
journeyman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why do people get their panties in a bunch over people saying their team is boring? It's an opinion! I'm a Rangers fan and during the playoffs last year I was incredibly bored for large portions of the game. Grinding and soccer scores tests even my patience.
Probably because the people who say that state it as fact, not an opinion. And alot of the time what they're actually doing is desperately trying to discredit a team they hate.

journeyman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Cotton McKnight
BLUESBLUESBLUESBLUES

I would see the Blues having a very tough time winning this series, we don't have a clutch playoff performer, barring a miracle (Tarasenko, being paired with a good dishing linemate, and actually being as good as everyone says) then the Blues could make a game of it. 7 Games, Rangers win...

Cotton McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman79 View Post
Probably because the people who say that state it as fact, not an opinion. And alot of the time what they're actually doing is desperately trying to discredit a team they hate.
Not true. I don't hate St. Louis or the Rangers, and I made it incredibly clear that I knew what I was stating regarding thinking the teams were boring was my opinion and not an iron fact.

Generally the people who make the sweeping generalizations (ala "because the people who..." rather than, perhaps, "because SOME of the people who...") tend to fail at explaining things fairly.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:58 PM
journeyman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Not true. I don't hate St. Louis or the Rangers, and I made it incredibly clear that I knew what I was stating regarding thinking the teams were boring was my opinion and not an iron fact.

Generally the people who make the sweeping generalizations (ala "because the people who..." rather than, perhaps, "because SOME of the people who...") tend to fail at explaining things fairly.
Fair enough. I did, in fact, mean some.

journeyman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Section32

My Long SLeep is Over

As I was so pissfully ostracized when I said the Isle's were moving to Brooklyn so many months ago, I have remained off the boards.

I think a Mod should look up my history and acknowledge the unjustified crap I received.

Nevertheless, as hockey looks more like a 60% chance of starting, I feel it worthwhile to post again.

The Isle's should be good now, last year...the past 10 years...as a Ranger's fan I hate my owner too, but I still do hold a surprisingly great amount of sympathy for you. Well, I did...

Now that you are playing in an arena less than a 12 min walking from my brother's place in Brooklyn, it is difficult to take. My hate for you will only grow stronger.

Just wise up, don't start mocking the Rangers now that you have a Brooklyn address. It takes much more than that. I am shocked this pitiful league allowed you to move into the Ranger's territory- and don't give me that ***** that Brooklyn is part of LI. WHEN?

I don't like it, but I am prepared to hate you more than ever.

To the Isles fans...just get a team first before you start popping off...this is the big City now, which I am certain most of you know nothing about.

Good luck...

Section32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
They do have a stacked lineup.....
With a severe Messier deficiency.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section32 View Post
As I was so pissfully ostracized when I said the Isle's were moving to Brooklyn so many months ago, I have remained off the boards.

I think a Mod should look up my history and acknowledge the unjustified crap I received.

Nevertheless, as hockey looks more like a 60% chance of starting, I feel it worthwhile to post again.

The Isle's should be good now, last year...the past 10 years...as a Ranger's fan I hate my owner too, but I still do hold a surprisingly great amount of sympathy for you. Well, I did...

Now that you are playing in an arena less than a 12 min walking from my brother's place in Brooklyn, it is difficult to take. My hate for you will only grow stronger.

Just wise up, don't start mocking the Rangers now that you have a Brooklyn address. It takes much more than that. I am shocked this pitiful league allowed you to move into the Ranger's territory- and don't give me that ***** that Brooklyn is part of LI. WHEN?

I don't like it, but I am prepared to hate you more than ever.

To the Isles fans...just get a team first before you start popping off...this is the big City now, which I am certain most of you know nothing about.

Good luck...
Um.. the Rangers are the one who allowed them to move there.

12-30-2012, 09:20 PM
stlblues57

I feel like this "boring style" that the Blues apparently play with is caused by all of these high scoring teams coming in to play the Blues and all of the sudden they can't score 5-6 goals. That doesn't mean the Blues are boring, it means they play defense better than other teams. Last time I checked defense was an important part of the game.

stlblues57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Cotton McKnight
BLUESBLUESBLUESBLUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues57 View Post
I feel like this "boring style" that the Blues apparently play with is caused by all of these high scoring teams coming in to play the Blues and all of the sudden they can't score 5-6 goals. That doesn't mean the Blues are boring, it means they play defense better than other teams. Last time I checked defense was an important part of the game.
Oh you better watch out, Bettman and Co. will get a camp going to see about getting rid of that pesky defense you speak of.

Cotton McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:51 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues57 View Post
To non Blue/Ranger fans it can possibly be boring. Defense is much more boring than offense and that applies to the majority of hockey fans.

Nature of the beast

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote