HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 8.0 - "Time on Ice" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 04:14 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

vCash: 500
Been thinking. I know it is a first, but Gally has playing so well as a secondary that he is the primary point getter. There were a few threads indicating that Phil's only chance of winning was to spread his talent and hope they meet the expectation. Gally has if this was his plan.

Phil may be smarter than I think.

Last edited by cphabs: 12-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 04:19 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Your second comment is ridiculous, I am a proud supporter of team Canada and even draped in the Maple Leaf Subban was the undisputed MVP of that game . He stopped 36 many of them difficult . Even the tsn experts agree that Gibson has played great but has been outplayed in 2 consecutive games. Having watched those games I agree
Subban played very well, don't get me wrong. He had a couple hugee saves. Gibson gobbled up everything though, giving no rebounds and making huge saves on terrible breakdowns. Canada had far more threatening chances with far better players.

Old
12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'd rather fly back home than play a shift of hockey with Kuraly. My god he's awful. When Galchenyuk was about to rush the puck through the Canadian D, he blindly skates through the lane and hits Galchenyuk.

What is wrong with him?
They all suck, guys like Francine Grimaldi and JT Miller couldnt even crack team Canada C team.. Grimaldi looks like a poor man Scott Gomez while JT.Miller looks quite lost.. Frankly, I didnt expect that USA team to be that bad up front..

Old
12-30-2012, 04:50 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

What did Huberdeau do last night? I barely noticed him.

No way in hell would I take him over Galchenyuk.

I was hoping to see Galchenyuk flat out dominate this morning and leave everyone in the dust but just because that didn't happen doesn't mean he still didn't play well.

He made a lot of real nice passes. Think he definitely was too generous at times. What about that one time he finally got to carry the puck, made a few nice moves then had one of his teammates run into him at the blue line. Just pathetic.

His shot is just lethal. Even though he missed wide a few times a couple of those times the crowd just gasped at the sheer velocity on his wrister.

He needs to work on his explosiveness. That's something that'll help him a lot more when he's being so closely guarded like he was in this game. He's smart and a gym rat. He knows that's a big thing he has to improve and I guarantee he will.

Old
12-30-2012, 04:51 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
They all suck, guys like Francine Grimaldi and JT Miller couldnt even crack team Canada C team.. Grimaldi looks like a poor man Scott Gomez while JT.Miller looks quite lost.. Frankly, I didnt expect that USA team to be that bad up front..
With the right discipline and some reimagination of their forward lines, I feel they can still pull the gold medal. They aren't abysmal, they are just badly coached and somewhat lacking in the skill department, not even properly using what they do have in term of skill.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Been thinking. I know it is a first, but Gally has playing so well as a secondary that he is the primary point getter. There were a few threads indicating that Phil's only chance of winning was to spread his talent and hope they meet the expectation. Gally has if this was his plan.

Phil may be smarter than I think.
I'm pretty sure this was the plan from the start for USA's offense. Housely tried to put his 2nd/3rd/4th best players together as his '1st line', expecting Galchenyuk to be able to carry a line by himself. Gally's 5 points suggests he's pulled his weight, problem is that Gaudreau/Miller/Grimaldi haven't really produced. Those three combined score at least 1 goal in each of the last two games and things could be looking very different for that team right now...

Old
12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Are we really going on a Gally for this player or that player again? Come on people. I'm a Q and franco lover and in no way would I trade Grigo and Huberdeau for Gally. Yet, where are those trade suggestions coming from anyway? Based on this tournament? Are people learning from the past ones?

Old
12-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Are we really going on a Gally for this player or that player again? Come on people. I'm a Q and franco lover and in no way would I trade Grigo and Huberdeau for Gally. Yet, where are those trade suggestions coming from anyway? Based on this tournament? Are people learning from the past ones?
What people seem to forget as well is that Galchenyuk has missed a whole year of hockey last year and doesn't seem to have lost a step... He was 2nd in scoring in the OHL iirc before leaving for the tournament... and now he's 3rd in scoring in the tournament after playing against Russia and Canada...

I really don't understand these people wanting to trade Gally...

Old
12-30-2012, 05:38 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
What people seem to forget as well is that Galchenyuk has missed a whole year of hockey last year and doesn't seem to have lost a step... He was 2nd in scoring in the OHL iirc before leaving for the tournament... and now he's 3rd in scoring in the tournament after playing against Russia and Canada...

I really don't understand these people wanting to trade Gally...
He

Doesn't

Speak

French

Is it THAT hard to understand?

Old
12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
He

Doesn't

Speak

French

Oh... Right. Totally forgot about that. Burn him at the stake!

Old
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
In Sarnia, they know to get the puck to Alex, and it's not every game that he pulls a rabbit out the hat. Small sample here, with limited opportunities.

Oh goodness..

Numerous misplays? I'd love for you to expand on that statement. So now a puck bouncing over his stick, only for him to coral it and get it to the net, is to be held against him in such a negative light? It's him that allowed for all those chances at the end there.

This is much truer than you think.

I wonder what lens you were watching this through if you think there wasn't much difference here? Canada outplayed them and if not for Gibson, would have won bigger.

Although Galchenyuk hasn't been at his absolute best, his ability is there to be seen. USA hasn't been able to take advantage of it for whatever reasons, but I for one, am not disappointed in the slightest by his play thus far.

Because having no bias means we should lie to ourselves?

Plain as day who the best forward for USA is, and how inept the forwards surrounding him have been. Jones, Ghost, and Reilly as well.

A lot of people won't notice things such as this, because it doesn't suit their predisposed notions.

Reality is, most of the time, he ties the game there and is the hero. Point is, you can't get too high about the good days, or too low about the bad days. Read between the lines, and see the big picture. In re-watching the game, it's painful to see the muffed plays by his linemates, and turnovers/bad passes to Alex when he's open in a prime area.

Oh man, I forgot about that play. So promising until..

Agreed.
You are displaying knowledge, perspective, the ability to be objective and use logic.............you had me at hello

Old
12-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
What did Huberdeau do last night? I barely noticed him.

No way in hell would I take him over Galchenyuk.

I was hoping to see Galchenyuk flat out dominate this morning and leave everyone in the dust but just because that didn't happen doesn't mean he still didn't play well.

He made a lot of real nice passes. Think he definitely was too generous at times. What about that one time he finally got to carry the puck, made a few nice moves then had one of his teammates run into him at the blue line. Just pathetic.

His shot is just lethal. Even though he missed wide a few times a couple of those times the crowd just gasped at the sheer velocity on his wrister.

He needs to work on his explosiveness. That's something that'll help him a lot more when he's being so closely guarded like he was in this game. He's smart and a gym rat. He knows that's a big thing he has to improve and I guarantee he will.
You wouldn't take Huberdeau because of his poor performance last night without minding Galchenyuk's average performance. Rightttttt.

There always a downside in having a successful team or a terrific prospect in Montreal : the fans.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
You wouldn't take Huberdeau because of his poor performance last night without minding Galchenyuk's average performance. Rightttttt.

There always a downside in having a successful team or a terrific prospect in Montreal : the fans.
Galchenyuk has been better than him all season long and he has missed close to two years in development relative to Huberdeau...........that is why most people would take Galchenyuk.

Put Galchenyuk with Hopkins and Scheifle and I guarantee you he outperforms Huberdeau.....he already has with Kuraly and Barber.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:28 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Glad to see I'm not the one who noticed the uncanny resemblance in uselessness.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Habs

Housley gets what he deserves, he can't manage his players or lines.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for Huberdeau in a 1-1 trade. Nope, not happening.

Hubs was the beneficiary of a stacked St. Johns team. Now that he's playing on a subpar team, he ain't so dominant.
Saint John, and no, Huberdeau is awesome. It's not saying we have to downgrade a player in order to praise our own.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Undertakerqc

I think you cant go wrong with either Huberdeau and Galchenyuk. They will both be stars.

Old
12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Is it just me, or does Gally not seem to be working very hard at times, but yet he still leads team USA in points if I'm not mistaken

Old
12-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

If i would be the canadiens, i would offer a clear program for Galchenyuk to improve his skating once his skating is improved i will feel confortable Gally will be a succesfull player in the nhl. Everyone look a lot quicker than him right now and maybe that why Center would suit him better... at least for now.

Despite that Gally produces and i am not worry one bit.. maybe just deceived a little I was expecting a flashier performance. But tournement is not over still time to prove us he can do it now.

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 12-30-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is it just me, or does Gally not seem to be working very hard at times, but yet he still leads team USA in points if I'm not mistaken
It is you

He is on the wing and thus is left out of the play when the puck is on the other side of the ice. There is absolutely nothing that he can do about this but play his position and hope that the puck comes to his side of the ice. If he was playing center then it would be a very different story.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
He

Doesn't

Speak

French

Come on...stop inventing things to try to start something.....It's all about expectations of a 3rd pick overall who is supposed, for some, to SAVE this Habs team. Having said that....it doesn't make much sense either but has NOTHING to do with language.

Quote:
Gally is a kid with a whole lot of great attributes from his playing to his mental attitude yet......it does seem that as a kid....he will have that tendancy to be frustrated real early in his struggles or his team's struggles. Which at one point is not bad, 'cause it's a sign that he cares, yet, he will learn to play through those bad stretches as he progresses. Has nothing to do with how hard he works.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

I've been reading a lot of people (not here) saying that Galchenyuk has been unimpressive?

Couldn't disagree more. Every time he touches the puck he looks in complete control of the game. One of the few players who gives me that feeling in the pit of my stomach when he's on the ice. I think he has looked brilliant, but he doesn't have a ton of offensive strength to work with up front on team USA.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
I've been reading a lot of people (not here) saying that Galchenyuk has been unimpressive?

Couldn't disagree more. Every time he touches the puck he looks in complete control of the game. One of the few players who gives me that feeling in the pit of my stomach when he's on the ice. I think he has looked brilliant, but he doesn't have a ton of offensive strength to work with up front on team USA.
Agreed!

Old
12-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Roulin

Quote:
IMO he's been cheating for offence during the tournament. He's been making the extra effort to get the puck into scoring position, but he could work harder at puck recovery in the neutral and D zones.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:22 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Come on...stop inventing things to try to start something.....It's all about expectations of a 3rd pick overall who is supposed, for some, to SAVE this Habs team. Having said that....it doesn't make much sense either but has NOTHING to do with language.
And here I was hoping my smiley was giving my sarcasm away!

Closed Thread