HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout VI - Game On! Rejoice! Players to vote Saturday.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 01:13 AM
  #101
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,293
vCash: 500
with this new cba, how much and how long do the leafs resign kessel for?
i'm thinking 8 mil 5 years

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:16 AM
  #102
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
with this new cba, how much and how long do the leafs resign kessel for?
i'm thinking 8 mil 5 years
7 year max contract for your own free agents.

I see him getting max length, but I'm not sure on the money side.

Burke will have won on the cap smoothing issues, so can go all in now.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:18 AM
  #103
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
7 year max contract for your own free agents.

I see him getting max length, but I'm not sure on the money side.

Burke will have won on the cap smoothing issues, so can go all in now.
burke does not sign more than 5 year contracts, so i say good bye to kessel

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:19 AM
  #104
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Nope...not in my opinion anyway.

In my opinion..Balsillie interfered with the NHL's handshake agreement with Toronto and Buffalo that prevents competition.

In other words, more anti-competitive activity from the NHL.

Believe me this kind of stuff is not unnoticed by the NHLPA when they are developing anti-trust lawsuits.
Didn't Balsilie try to take over the Penguins?

I thought that was the point that pissed Bettman off. When Balsilie was strutting around with a Pens logo on his Blackberry.

Nashville and Phoenix just made things way worse.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:20 AM
  #105
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
burke does not sign more than 5 year contracts, so i say good bye to kessel
under the last cba he didn't.

He will sign longer under this one rest assured..

With 10% variability, we risk having a 34 year old $7 million dollar player who just can't score points (his only purpose)

What is the risk in that?

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:21 AM
  #106
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Didn't Balsilie try to take over the Penguins?

I thought that was the point that pissed Bettman off. When Balsilie was strutting around with a Pens logo on his Blackberry.

Nashville and Phoenix just made things way worse.
He tried to buy the Predators at a high premium off Boots who bought the team through fradulent means.

So the NHL said no to Balsillie a second time even after they were complicit in soliciting a buyer with shady, criminal connections.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:23 AM
  #107
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
under the last cba he didn't.

He will sign longer under this one rest assured..

With 10% variability, we risk having a 34 year old $7 million dollar player who just can't score points (his only purpose)

What is the risk in that?
he said no more than 5 years, no matter what the cba says.

kessel is still going to want more than 7 mil per year

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:31 AM
  #108
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
he said no more than 5 years, no matter what the cba says.

kessel is still going to want more than 7 mil per year
Hmm..didn't know he meant under ANY cba....

The Leafs can't really afford 13% of their capspace going to Kessel.

I don't see $8 million as a reasonable starting point in negotiations.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:33 AM
  #109
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
he said no more than 5 years, no matter what the cba says.

kessel is still going to want more than 7 mil per year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Hmm..didn't know he meant under ANY cba....

The Leafs can't really afford 13% of their capspace going to Kessel.

I don't see $8 million as a reasonable starting point in negotiations.
I think with the new CBA and the limitations it imposes he'd go to the limit.

To me he'd be a hypocrite to chase these limitations, chase cap exchange and then not utilize them.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:38 AM
  #110
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Hmm..didn't know he meant under ANY cba....

The Leafs can't really afford 13% of their capspace going to Kessel.

I don't see $8 million as a reasonable starting point in negotiations.
how much to you think? how about lupul, how much for him/ 6.5 to 7mil

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:55 AM
  #111
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
how much to you think? how about lupul, how much for him/ 6.5 to 7mil
$7.5 for Kessel and that is overpayment in my eyes.

Awh man no way that much for Lupe.

$5 max. and 4 year deal.

ANything else is too rich.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:15 AM
  #112
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I think with the new CBA and the limitations it imposes he'd go to the limit.

To me he'd be a hypocrite to chase these limitations, chase cap exchange and then not utilize them.
Agreed. I can see him signing Kessel to max term, as for the $ amount... I would have been fine w/ $8M in a $70M cap world, with $60M cap though, $6.85?

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  #113
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
he said no more than 5 years, no matter what the cba says.

kessel is still going to want more than 7 mil per year
Burke also said he would not leave anaheim and had no interest in the Leafs job. funny how that worked out.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:06 AM
  #114
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Gill As A Leaf View Post
try not to forget what a "gamebreaker" is. i think the leafs' position in the standings would be considerably different if Kessel were all-around, and a "gamebreaker". he's a good scorer, but he's just not Sundin/Gilmour-like sorry.
Oh please, with the horsebleep goaltending we have, him playing better defense would not change our position in the standings.

You forget, Sundin played on some bad Leaf teams his first few years in Toronto. And as soon as the Leafs started to struggle, Gilmour asked to be traded and gave up on the team.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:32 PM
  #115
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 36,156
vCash: 500
NHLPA SET TO MEET WITH NHL ON MONDAY IN NEW YORK

The NHL and the Players' Association will be meeting in person for the first time since they met with federal mediators on Dec. 12-13.

The league would like to have an agreement in place no later than January 11 with training camps to open the following day and the season set to start on January 19. The season needs to start by that date to accommodate a 48-game regular season which would see playoffs end in late June.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412474

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:25 AM
  #116
Anthrax442
Registered User
 
Anthrax442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
NHLPA SET TO MEET WITH NHL ON MONDAY IN NEW YORK

The NHL and the Players' Association will be meeting in person for the first time since they met with federal mediators on Dec. 12-13.

The league would like to have an agreement in place no later than January 11 with training camps to open the following day and the season set to start on January 19. The season needs to start by that date to accommodate a 48-game regular season which would see playoffs end in late June.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412474
They have raised my hopes and hot them down too many time for me to even get remotely excited about it.

Anthrax442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:39 AM
  #117
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
They have raised my hopes and hot them down too many time for me to even get remotely excited about it.
Ditto...to busy watching a great Canada/Russia game to give a rats ass what the rich brats are arguing about now.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
  #118
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 61,077
vCash: 500
The NHL Players' Association will meet on Monday afternoon with the NHL and are expected to present a counter offer, after spending the weekend reading through the league's 288-page proposal. Full Story.

__________________
Signature: There is no greater demonstration of Fan patience then to suggest to "Play the Kids " and be willing to accept the consequences of those actions..
Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:12 PM
  #119
MapleLeafGardens*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Nick Kypreos‏@RealKyper

#NHL has new #NHLPA proposal and now reviewing it internally. Hearing a few tweaks in offer but sounding like no major changes as of now.
No major changes from the NHLPA counter offer looks positive for a deal kids!!


I can also offer that sources very close to the negotiations told me today..."it will get done!"

MapleLeafGardens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:48 PM
  #120
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 36,156
vCash: 500
no major changes meaning they like the NHLPA proposal ?
alrighty twitter time LOL

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:54 PM
  #121
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 36,156
vCash: 500
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 2hr
PA proposal was 26 pages in length. Compared to NHL offer of 288 pages, might lead you to think there was some common ground.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1hr
Without question, the NHL will respond to the PA's counter tomorrow, however, the process has moved beyond proposals. Still work to do...

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:03 PM
  #122
philer Bozel
Coming Soon
 
philer Bozel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Windsor, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie John View Post
Having the 1st overall pick is better than having a real shot at the Stanley Cup, of course.
Toronto ? Real shot at Stanley cup ? This year ?
laugh::l augh:

Lets just get Mackinnon and call it a season.

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:42 PM
  #123
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 100
Well let's not get too hyped up. We've seen dozens of times optimism coming out and things looking good, before it all falls apart again. Be nice if this time was different, but would rather avoid starting 2013 with more disappointment.

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:52 PM
  #124
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go
 
MapleLeafsFan4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
burke does not sign more than 5 year contracts, so i say good bye to kessel
Burke said he doesn't want to break any league rules that are not in the CBA. So if it's said he can re-sign his own UFA's to a contract no more then 7 years, I'm sure he won't have a problem doing that.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 10:53 AM
  #125
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Burke said he doesn't want to break any league rules that are not in the CBA. So if it's said he can re-sign his own UFA's to a contract no more then 7 years, I'm sure he won't have a problem doing that.
I'm sure if it comes down to 5 or 7 years, and it means keeping the player that so far defines his career in TOR and has potential to score 100 pts in a season, I'm sure Kessel gets 7 years. Even at 8M.

I'd be happy with it.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.