HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Who are your top 15 prospects?

Old
12-29-2012, 09:03 PM
bizzz*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
With there only being 1 spot on the roster, I honestly see that going to Murray. CBJ isnt going to send Murray to the AHL in his first season. Although i'd love to see Erixon shine, I dont think he will get the nod over Murray or Moore tbh
There's gonna be 2 spots for the AHL kids anyway.
If season starts this year - Murray is injured.
If it starts in October - Aucoin won't be on the team and the Jackets won't look for another stop gap if Moore and Erixon are ready.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#firstroundexit

I'm not very sold on Ryan Murray, to be honest. I think he's more of a top-15 prospect, not a top-10 guy. Yea, he'll be a solid top 3 d-man, but nothing in his play will really standout, per say. In my opinion, he's only a 6 goal, 25 assist guy in the NHL. Also, the past 1.5 seasons he's been even in terms of +/-. Not saying its his team, but he should be better than that.

Also, being a blues fan, I'd like to ask how close Ty Rattie is to cracking this list. I'm not saying he's a top-10 guy, but I think hes an elite scorer. So I wonder what some think he will become.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:36 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
I'm not very sold on Ryan Murray, to be honest. I think he's more of a top-15 prospect, not a top-10 guy. Yea, he'll be a solid top 3 d-man, but nothing in his play will really standout, per say. In my opinion, he's only a 6 goal, 25 assist guy in the NHL. Also, the past 1.5 seasons he's been even in terms of +/-. Not saying its his team, but he should be better than that.

Also, being a blues fan, I'd like to ask how close Ty Rattie is to cracking this list. I'm not saying he's a top-10 guy, but I think hes an elite scorer. So I wonder what some think he will become.
I could see Rattie becoming a 20-20 guy in the NHL.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:43 PM
hockeyjockey

Can someone turn this into a poll? Would be interesting to see with quite so many contributors...

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:58 AM
RipCityPuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjockey View Post
Can someone turn this into a poll? Would be interesting to see with quite so many contributors...
I did the HF team board mock draft last year

If enough people were interested I could organize a top 50 prospects poll here on the prospects board or something along those lines

RipCityPuckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:05 AM
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER

01. Justin Schultz
02. Alex Galchenyuk
03. Nail Yakupov
04. Morgan Rielly
05. Doug Hamilton
06. Evgeni Kuznetsov
07. Sven Baertschi
08. Mikael Granlund
09. Jakob Silfverberg
10. Chris Kreider
11. Ryan Strome
12. Jonathan Huberdeau
13. Braden Holtby
14. Jaden Schwartz
15. Griffin Reinhart

HM:

Mikhail Grigorenko
Brendan Smith
Jonas Brodin
Ryan Murray
Mika Zibanejad

King William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
With there only being 1 spot on the roster, I honestly see that going to Murray. CBJ isnt going to send Murray to the AHL in his first season. Although i'd love to see Erixon shine, I dont think he will get the nod over Murray or Moore tbh
Murray is done for the season.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#firstroundexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
01. Justin Schultz
02. Alex Galchenyuk
03. Nail Yakupov
04. Morgan Rielly
05. Doug Hamilton
06. Evgeni Kuznetsov
07. Sven Baertschi
08. Mikael Granlund
09. Jakob Silfverberg
10. Chris Kreider
11. Ryan Strome
12. Jonathan Huberdea
13. Braden Holtby
14. Jaden Schwartz
15. Griffin Reinhart

HM:

Mikhail Grigorenko
Brendan Smith
Jonas Brodin
Ryan Murray
Mika Zibanejad

Taresenko?

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:40 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
I did the HF team board mock draft last year

If enough people were interested I could organize a top 50 prospects poll here on the prospects board or something along those lines
Biggest issue with this is it becomes a popularity contest and fans just vote for their teams prospects.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:42 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Biggest issue with this is it becomes a popularity contest and fans just vote for their teams prospects.
There was one not all that long ago where Kreider was voted in at 11.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:55 PM
adaboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Based off how fast Schultz has adjusted to the AHL and how much he's dominating. Schultz should be #1-#5 on all lists.

Only comparable d-prospect is Hamilton.
You need to take his age + players he plays with into account. No doubt he's good, but he's significantly older than the rest of the players on everybody's list, and he's playing with RNH, Eberle and Hall. His stats are pretty skewed by those things.

adaboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:38 PM
"Craigs on it"

Just curious, what makes Galchenyuk a better prospect then Grigorenko? because what ive watched Grigorenko has a better tool set and is a few inches bigger.

I am not being a biased Sabres fan btw, I was as high on Grigorenko as any prospect last year.

Old
12-30-2012, 02:12 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Based off how fast Schultz has adjusted to the AHL and how much he's dominating. Schultz should be #1-#5 on all lists.

Only comparable d-prospect is Hamilton.
Schultz is a lot older than the top prospects. He is the same age as Norris trophy winner Erik Karlsson.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Just curious, what makes Galchenyuk a better prospect then Grigorenko? because what ive watched Grigorenko has a better tool set and is a few inches bigger.

I am not being a biased Sabres fan btw, I was as high on Grigorenko as any prospect last year.
I obviously don't know as much about Grigorenko as Galchenyuk, but here are the tools that Galchenyuk is seen to have by those keeping track of him:

- very good wrister (NHL quality)
- very good vision/IQ and a passing ability to match it
- very good stickhandler
- able to perform many of the above at speed
- willing to play just about anywhere on the ice (i.e. not a perimeter player)
- versatility: able to play all three forward positions
- doesn't have explosive acceleration, but does have good top speed
- 6'2" or 6'1" is nothing to sneeze at, he should be perfectly fine in this department
- work ethic: this isn't just casually thrown in here. Galchenyuk is driven to improve and be a great player. Not many players are as dedicated as him.

Things to work on:
- acceleration (not poor by any means, but an area of improvement)
- defensive efforts (consistency)

I'd be interested in knowing what tools Grigorenko is seen to have as a comparison.

Edit: my impressions are that Grigorenko probably has a pretty good accurate shot (not sure if it's known to be a hard shot or not), great vision, stickhandler, not sure if he is good at performing maneuvers at speed (seems like he prefers to slow things down), figured he was probably more of a perimeter player than Gally (again, not sure) and is a good skater while not being particularly explosive, but is probably still pretty fast. I'm also pretty sure he is not known for his work ethic - doesn't mean he doesn't have a good work ethic, but he isn't known for it (i.e. confirmed, a defining trait).

Last edited by jedimyrmidon: 12-30-2012 at 06:02 PM.
jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:29 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

It excites me that the Jets own not one but two prospects on some of these lists (Scheifele and Trouba). I'm also curious how much Trouba is going to move up on these lists after the WJC is over.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:12 PM
jameswrjobe53

1. Alex Galchenyuk
2. Gustav Nyqvist

Last edited by jameswrjobe53: 01-02-2013 at 06:21 PM.
jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:56 PM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
It excites me that the Jets own not one but two prospects on some of these lists (Scheifele and Trouba). I'm also curious how much Trouba is going to move up on these lists after the WJC is over.
A lot. He's got a killer shot and he's a ridiculously smooth skater.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:47 PM
ResilientBeast
MLD Draft Czar

vCash: 300
1. Evgeny Kuznetsov (I just love the way he plays and Ovi will get him over here)
2. Nail Yakupov (Could be number one if actually arrives tomorrow for the semi-final)
3. Vladmir Taresenko ( Same as Kuznetsov, I love fast paced super talented hockey and russians can play like that)
4. Justin Schultz (A defenseman tied for the AHL points lead, is just ridiculous.)
5. Jonathan Huberdeau (Really talented can't wait to see the revamped Florida)
6. Mikeal Granlund (Pulls of highlight reel goals in meaningful games, Wild fans have got a gem on their hands)
7. Alex Galchenyuk (Hadn't seem tons of him before the WJC, worried that his injury would have had lasting effects, but after the round robin I'm a believer.)
8. Ryan Murray (Steady defenseman, best bet to have a long career in the NHL but with offensive upside)
9.Dougie Hamilton (Hasn't looked great in the WJC, but with those tools and hopefully Chara to mentor him, the Bruins will have no problems on the blue line.)
10. Morgan Reilly (Dynamic offensive defenseman plays a more all-round game than Ellis and Murphy but still gets the job done.)

After 10 it gets really tough but there in my mind about 10 players that could reasonably fit in the 10-15 range.

-Jacob Trouba (Looked great so far, really talented Jets have a bright future)
-Mark Scheifele (See Trouba)
-Jakub Silverberg (After watching the few playoff games he played last season I was amazed at his work ethic.)
-Sven Baerschi (I may grit my teeth while I say this, but great prospect, soon the Battle of Alberta will mean something.)
-Mikhail Grigorenko (Big, strong and talented, every team wants a center like him)
-Ryan Strome (We'll see how his game translates but he has talent to burn)
-Jonas Brodin (Another excellent swedish defenseman)
-Oscar Kelfbom (See Brodin)
-Brendan Smith (Strong has offensive upside and I have him in hockey pool so I really want him to do well)
-Chris Kreider (Strong powerforward in the making reminds me of a younger Rick Nash)

ResilientBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
1. Evgeny Kuznetsov (I just love the way he plays and Ovi will get him over here)
2. Nail Yakupov (Could be number one if actually arrives tomorrow for the semi-final)
3. Vladmir Taresenko ( Same as Kuznetsov, I love fast paced super talented hockey and russians can play like that)
4. Justin Schultz (A defenseman tied for the AHL points lead, is just ridiculous.)
5. Jonathan Huberdeau (Really talented can't wait to see the revamped Florida)
6. Mikeal Granlund (Pulls of highlight reel goals in meaningful games, Wild fans have got a gem on their hands)
7. Alex Galchenyuk (Hadn't seem tons of him before the WJC, worried that his injury would have had lasting effects, but after the round robin I'm a believer.)
8. Ryan Murray (Steady defenseman, best bet to have a long career in the NHL but with offensive upside)
9.Dougie Hamilton (Hasn't looked great in the WJC, but with those tools and hopefully Chara to mentor him, the Bruins will have no problems on the blue line.)
10. Morgan Reilly (Dynamic offensive defenseman plays a more all-round game than Ellis and Murphy but still gets the job done.)

After 10 it gets really tough but there in my mind about 10 players that could reasonably fit in the 10-15 range.

-Jacob Trouba (Looked great so far, really talented Jets have a bright future)
-Mark Scheifele (See Trouba)
-Jakub Silverberg (After watching the few playoff games he played last season I was amazed at his work ethic.)
-Sven Baerschi (I may grit my teeth while I say this, but great prospect, soon the Battle of Alberta will mean something.)
-Mikhail Grigorenko (Big, strong and talented, every team wants a center like him)
-Ryan Strome (We'll see how his game translates but he has talent to burn)
-Jonas Brodin (Another excellent swedish defenseman)
-Oscar Kelfbom (See Brodin)
-Brendan Smith (Strong has offensive upside and I have him in hockey pool so I really want him to do well)
-Chris Kreider (Strong powerforward in the making reminds me of a younger Rick Nash)
Don't dislike your list, my only question mark is Huberdeau. I don't see elite player - good vision, good hands but skating is not at elite level.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote