HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v24: Rudy Gay/Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis/Jose Calderon swap imminent

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Cousins really intrigues me, the talent is ridiculous.. Just the attitude, he reminds me of like Radulov. Both very talented players who have proved they can play in the league, just don't have the personality of team players and are not very likeable individuals. Another thing about Cousins is how young is, he's only 22 and would become a core player within this young group. I haven't seen a whole lot of Cousins (when I saw him, he was a beast) but can he play PF? I think Valanciunas is this team's C to build around.
He can play PF or C.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Kamal007
God Level

vCash: 50
Why is it that every horrible, bum raptor player have to be in some stupid commercial? Turkoglu, Bargnani and now Landry Fields.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:23 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
Why is it that every horrible, bum raptor player have to be in some stupid commercial? Turkoglu, Bargnani and now Landry Fields.
Bargnani's commercial isn't terrible! how dare you disrespect the power of Primo pasta and sowce! Off with your head, I say!

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Kulemon

Would there be any chance we could maybe.... Possibly.... Get Thomas Robinson from Sacremento? It would be a dream come true if we got him.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Acekicker123

Watched Cousins drop a triple double tonight vs. the Celtics.

The guy is a phenomenal passer in the low post.

He also drew three charges tonight.

On the court, he definitely knows what he's doing.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:06 AM
RedRenegade

Maybe Cousins could become our new Charles Oakley?

I didn't know about his triple double, that's impressive. He can pass though. I've seen him make a lot of nice passes to kick it out to the 3-line when he's doubled or there's nothing available down low. Are his off court issues really that bad? I know he's sort of got a bad&** tough guy look to him but I hadn't heard of anything specific happening away from the court.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
thatshype

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRenegade View Post

I didn't know about his triple double, that's impressive. He can pass though. I've seen him make a lot of nice passes to kick it out to the 3-line when he's doubled or there's nothing available down low. Are his off court issues really that bad? I know he's sort of got a bad&** tough guy look to him but I hadn't heard of anything specific happening away from the court.
Short answer, yes.

He's been a problem on the Kings since he started there. They've sent him home on the middle of road-trips, issued team suspensions for arguing with coaches, he's demanded (and been denied) trades, etc. etc. Not only that, he was initially considered for Team USA at the London Olympics, but was ultimately sent packing (largely due to his behavioural issues). Don't forget that Team USA was criticized for only having 1 true Center on the roster, and they sent Cousins away. Then of course there is his history of bone-headed on-court suspensions for throwing elbows and the like.

And that's just the public stuff. Who knows what else goes on in the dressing room.

I've said it before, but the change of scenery Cousins' needs is NOT going to be found in Toronto. The team leadership structure of the Raps is even worse than the Kings, and Cousins' would likely be held even LESS accountable for his actions. He needs a guy like Kevin Garnett to whip him into shape.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Short answer, yes.

He's been a problem on the Kings since he started there. They've sent him home on the middle of road-trips, issued team suspensions for arguing with coaches, he's demanded (and been denied) trades, etc. etc. Not only that, he was initially considered for Team USA at the London Olympics, but was ultimately sent packing (largely due to his behavioural issues). Don't forget that Team USA was criticized for only having 1 true Center on the roster, and they sent Cousins away. Then of course there is his history of bone-headed on-court suspensions for throwing elbows and the like.

And that's just the public stuff. Who knows what else goes on in the dressing room.

I've said it before, but the change of scenery Cousins' needs is NOT going to be found in Toronto. The team leadership structure of the Raps is even worse than the Kings, and Cousins' would likely be held even LESS accountable for his actions. He needs a guy like Kevin Garnett to whip him into shape.

I don't even know if that would help. Like you said, he had a spot to lose on Team USA and he did end up losing it. If those players and coach K couldn't straighten him out for a couple weeks at camp, I don't hold out much hope for anyone else in the NBA being able to do so. He's just too wrapped up in his own little world where he doesn't feel the need to be accountable for his actions.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:35 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I don't even know if that would help. Like you said, he had a spot to lose on Team USA and he did end up losing it. If those players and coach K couldn't straighten him out for a couple weeks at camp, I don't hold out much hope for anyone else in the NBA being able to do so. He's just too wrapped up in his own little world where he doesn't feel the need to be accountable for his actions.
I don't think Casey wants a player like that either.. His style fits the team, but his attitude doesn't.. I'm just surprised the Kings have put up with him for this long.

12-31-2012, 12:50 PM
thatshype

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Garnett might not be able to salvage Cousins, but I'd venture a guess that he's got the best chance of any on-court leader in the NBA right now. To be totally honest I don't know enough about the Head Coaches around the league to comment on which coaching staff might be able to work with Cousins.

All that being said, you're right.....Cousins may be FUBAR.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Garnett might not be able to salvage Cousins, but I'd venture a guess that he's got the best chance of any on-court leader in the NBA right now. To be totally honest I don't know enough about the Head Coaches around the league to comment on which coaching staff might be able to work with Cousins.

All that being said, you're right.....Cousins may be FUBAR.
I think you need to look more at a player's coach, like Popovich in SA, and Duncan. They could really turn Cousins into something else.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Anyone else seen the gong show going on with Royce White? He released a 500 word statement to the media in which he says he's refusing assignment to Houston's d-league team on medical reasons and that he thinks that Rockets management shouldn't be making career decisions for him because they're not medical professionals.

I don't doubt the kid has social anxiety disorder. As someone with relatively mild social anxiety issues, I understand how crippling it can be at times. But the longer his saga with Houston goes on, the less it seems to be about his mental health and the more it seems to be about him trying to manipulate the situation to make Houston bend to his whim.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quick question who is the best prospect in NBA atm?

12-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Brody

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Anthony Davis maybe?

Old
12-31-2012, 03:20 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
So best rookie? Damian Lillard or Anthony Davis

Old
12-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRenegade View Post

He's not a criminal...but he has a bad temper and will go off on coaches. He'd probably go off on Casey the minute Casey puts in Kleiza at the 4...which maybe wouldn't be so bad.

If Bargs and filler could get you DMC, I'd do it but I want to see him do well so I'm hoping he goes to Boston like rumoured.
Quote:
The NBA isn't really like hockey, no one refers to players past their draft as "prospects". Anthony Davis isn't really a prospect, neither is MKG or any of the other guys.

Wiggins and Parker could be referred to as prospects I guess. Best young player in the NBA however I'd go with Kyrie at the moment.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:41 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Kyrie is easily the best youngster in the NBA. But it depends on the parameters. Best rookie is Davis.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Kb21

i'd do bargs+ for cousins 100%, i doubt cousins could be worst then bargs. if anything we could parlay him into a better package in the off season.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Cool Hand Luke

ESPN NBA Trade Machine;
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atur9bf

Thoughts?

Old
01-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Platinum Seat Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
ESPN NBA Trade Machine;

Thoughts?
i would do that in a heartbeat anything to get rid of Bargani

Old
01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
ESPN NBA Trade Machine;

Thoughts?
Man is that lopsided for the Raptors. No way in hell either other team even considers it.

Remember: The trade machine only measures if trades are permitted under NBA rules and salary cap restrictions. It does not assess trades for fairness or realism based on the components involved.

Old
01-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Quote:
ESPN NBA Trade Machine;

Thoughts?

Memphis and Minnesota both laugh hysterically at us.

Old
01-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
ESPN NBA Trade Machine;

Thoughts?
Can I have some of what you're smoking??

Old
01-01-2013, 01:22 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I never do NBA trade proposals so if the value is off that's why:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czmq99t

or

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cfu5hmu

how close are these to fair value?

Old
01-01-2013, 01:28 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

The Bulls would probably love to get rid of Boozer, but I'm not sure they'd take Bargs in return. They'd almost assuredly not want Fields either.

And on the flip side, I don't think the Raptors would want to take Boozer just to have Deng and rid themselves of Bargnani.

Closed Thread