HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Didnt that guy buy something within the NFL last year?
What did Pegula buy in the NFL?

Old
12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
What did Pegula buy in the NFL?
Perhaps I have it wrong, but it was a firm that handles NFL player agents or whatever. Not sure if he would have to sell off the investment.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:27 PM
McTank

Isnt it against the rules to own an NFL and NHL team? I think he would if he could

Old
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Isnt it against the rules to own an NFL and NHL team? I think he would if he could
Not if they're in the same market.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Perhaps I have it wrong, but it was a firm that handles NFL player agents or whatever. Not sure if he would have to sell off the investment.
I'm sure he'd divest his interest in that sports agency if he was going to own an NFL team.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Good read from Hamilton:

http://wgr550.com/The-Bills-need-to-...hange/15150689

Old
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Not if they're in the same market.
Yet not in a different market, that bffles me. Should be one way or the other.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:51 PM
sabresfan129103

We draft 8th.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:52 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
think the Bills would try to trade to get Flynn from the Seahawks?
hopefully they don't. Flynn=Rob johnson 2.0 i think. both had a few good games and lucked into a team thinking he was really good

Old
12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Feels like the millionth time this will be posted in the Bills thread, but here goes.

Pegula can own an NFL team in Buffalo. Same market = no problem at all.

Jeremy Jacobs cannot own an NFL team in Buffalo, because he owns the Bruins and they reside in a different NFL market (Boston aka New England). If he sells the Bruins (or writes them in someone else's name), then he becomes eligible to buy the Bills.

The owner of the Columbus Blue Jackets could buy the Bills, because his team does not reside in an NFL market.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
McTank

Well it seems like a pretty strong possibility pegula would have interest

Old
12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Feels like the millionth time this will be posted in the Bills thread, but here goes.

Pegula can own an NFL team in Buffalo. Same market = no problem at all.

Jeremy Jacobs cannot own an NFL team in Buffalo, because he owns the Bruins and they reside in a different NFL market (Boston aka New England). If he sells the Bruins (or writes them in someone else's name), then he becomes eligible to buy the Bills.

The owner of the Columbus Blue Jackets could buy the Bills, because his team does not reside in an NFL market.
I get that but what I don't get is....why is it a problem. Thats what I wanna know.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:14 PM
HogtownSabresfan

I really wish they'd kill Bills in Toronto series and have one special game a year like London as neutral site game The Bills suck and will never be embraced by Toronto. This is coming from hard core Sabres fan/Leafs hater.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
tsujimoto74

Kind of mad about the win today. I wish the Bills could learn to really bottom out when they're already tanking so we could at least pick in the top 5 for once.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Ddubs

I think both are gone. What if Ralphie is bringing Jimbo back like the Broncos did with Elway?

Old
12-30-2012, 09:52 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
I really wish they'd kill Bills in Toronto series and have one special game a year like London as neutral site game The Bills suck and will never be embraced by Toronto. This is coming from hard core Sabres fan/Leafs hater.
London??? The NFL in London every year is a joke, let alone have a team have one their annually every year on top of it.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
London??? The NFL in London every year is a joke, let alone have a team have one their annually every year on top of it.
A joke based on what? Revenue -- it's bringing in revenue. That revenue sharing is keeping small market teams afloat. Bills grabbed Toronto to protect their territory. Even with half hearted support and crowds in the 40,000, the Toronto games pulled in more money than any Bills home game ever could.
Wilson was pretty smart moving game to Toronto. He made sure he controlled the market and stopped any expansion into city which would hit Bills hard.
He may be old but Ralphie is no stooge.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
A joke based on what? Revenue -- it's bringing in revenue. That revenue sharing is keeping small market teams afloat. Bills grabbed Toronto to protect their territory. Even with half hearted support and crowds in the 40,000, the Toronto games pulled in more money than any Bills home game ever could.
Wilson was pretty smart moving game to Toronto. He made sure he controlled the market and stopped any expansion into city which would hit Bills hard.
He may be old but Ralphie is no stooge.
Because theres these dumb assumptions that Globalization is good. It's good for nobody but stooges like Roger Goodell. The players already hate playing overseas. If you have ever gone over there you would know it takes a huge toll on you with the jet leg and time adjustment.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:30 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Kind of mad about the win today. I wish the Bills could learn to really bottom out when they're already tanking so we could at least pick in the top 5 for once.
We'd just end up taking Mike Williams.

We did pick Dareus 3rd.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
We'd just end up taking Mike Williams.

We did pick Dareus 3rd.
He was one of; if not the most talented player coming out of the draft. Most mock drafts had him going #2 to Denver and the Bills picking Von Miller.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new GM tries to trade up or Geno Smith if he falls pass the 2nd pick.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
He was one of; if not the most talented player coming out of the draft. Most mock drafts had him going #2 to Denver and the Bills picking Von Miller.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new GM tries to trade up or Geno Smith if he falls pass the 2nd pick.
Hope not...

If only that had been true.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Because theres these dumb assumptions that Globalization is good. It's good for nobody but stooges like Roger Goodell. The players already hate playing overseas. If you have ever gone over there you would know it takes a huge toll on you with the jet leg and time adjustment.
Revenue is what they want. Face it. And, yes, I've been to Europe a dozen times, London a couple. It's a five-hour time adjustment from east, the west coast is three. Have you ever done the overnight flight to London and had meetings in the morning? It's done all the time. Poor babies, jet lag. I'd be more scared of getting hit by an NFL linebacker than jet lag. LOL.
Oh yes, the players could remove the game in contract talks. Oh wait, they love money too.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:49 PM
buffalowing88

I want to keep Nix and let Gailey and Fitzpatrick go. Sadly, we will likely get stuck with Fitzpatrick because no quarterback in the draft is ready to step into a starting role. I don't want to draft a Barkley who has never played in a cold weather environment and let him loose as the starter from day 1. We have seen how that works out. I don't see anyone splurging on an FA after the Fitzpatrick contract either so for better or worse we are stuck with him.

Gailey is an incompetent coach. Someone who teased us at first because he was the anti-Dick Jauron. The problem is that his potential is far outweighed by his loser persona and mind boggling play calling. He will go, that much I am sure of.

Nix really doesnt have a terrible track record. He brought in Mario who ended up being a solid pickup even if the price is rough (small market disadvantage), he drafted Gilmore and Dareus, two big pieces of our defense, and he locked up Stevie rather than let him go. I don't have an issue with Nix. He was dealt a terrible hand and did the best he could.

We just have to go WR or LB at the 8 spot and look into drafting a developmental QB in the rounds afterwards. This team is not that bad, their is a lot of talent on the roster and half of the problem could be blamed on poor coaching. Fitzpatrick will never be more than average but with the quality of our line and our RB's he will have to do.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:57 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
I want to keep Nix and let Gailey and Fitzpatrick go. Sadly, we will likely get stuck with Fitzpatrick because no quarterback in the draft is ready to step into a starting role. I don't want to draft a Barkley who has never played in a cold weather environment and let him loose as the starter from day 1. We have seen how that works out. I don't see anyone splurging on an FA after the Fitzpatrick contract either so for better or worse we are stuck with him.

Gailey is an incompetent coach. Someone who teased us at first because he was the anti-Dick Jauron. The problem is that his potential is far outweighed by his loser persona and mind boggling play calling. He will go, that much I am sure of.

Nix really doesnt have a terrible track record. He brought in Mario who ended up being a solid pickup even if the price is rough (small market disadvantage), he drafted Gilmore and Dareus, two big pieces of our defense, and he locked up Stevie rather than let him go. I don't have an issue with Nix. He was dealt a terrible hand and did the best he could.

We just have to go WR or LB at the 8 spot and look into drafting a developmental QB in the rounds afterwards. This team is not that bad, their is a lot of talent on the roster and half of the problem could be blamed on poor coaching. Fitzpatrick will never be more than average but with the quality of our line and our RB's he will have to do.
Aaron, Rodgers.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Nix has to go to. He hasn't addressed the QB spot or added a legit #2 WR among other things (linebacking core, competent kicker etc).

And who do you think brought in Gailey? Nix is a joke. He needs to go. They all do.

Closed Thread