HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
  #776
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,094
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Didnt that guy buy something within the NFL last year?
What did Pegula buy in the NFL?

Zip15 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
  #777
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
What did Pegula buy in the NFL?
Perhaps I have it wrong, but it was a firm that handles NFL player agents or whatever. Not sure if he would have to sell off the investment.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:27 PM
  #778
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Isnt it against the rules to own an NFL and NHL team? I think he would if he could

McTank is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
  #779
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Isnt it against the rules to own an NFL and NHL team? I think he would if he could
Not if they're in the same market.

Myllz is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:39 PM
  #780
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,094
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Perhaps I have it wrong, but it was a firm that handles NFL player agents or whatever. Not sure if he would have to sell off the investment.
I'm sure he'd divest his interest in that sports agency if he was going to own an NFL team.

Zip15 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
  #781
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Good read from Hamilton:

http://wgr550.com/The-Bills-need-to-...hange/15150689

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
  #782
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Not if they're in the same market.
Yet not in a different market, that bffles me. Should be one way or the other.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:51 PM
  #783
sabresfan129103
Registered User
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,815
vCash: 500
We draft 8th.

sabresfan129103 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:52 PM
  #784
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
think the Bills would try to trade to get Flynn from the Seahawks?
hopefully they don't. Flynn=Rob johnson 2.0 i think. both had a few good games and lucked into a team thinking he was really good

kirby11 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
  #785
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,199
vCash: 500
Feels like the millionth time this will be posted in the Bills thread, but here goes.

Pegula can own an NFL team in Buffalo. Same market = no problem at all.

Jeremy Jacobs cannot own an NFL team in Buffalo, because he owns the Bruins and they reside in a different NFL market (Boston aka New England). If he sells the Bruins (or writes them in someone else's name), then he becomes eligible to buy the Bills.

The owner of the Columbus Blue Jackets could buy the Bills, because his team does not reside in an NFL market.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
  #786
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Well it seems like a pretty strong possibility pegula would have interest

McTank is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
  #787
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Feels like the millionth time this will be posted in the Bills thread, but here goes.

Pegula can own an NFL team in Buffalo. Same market = no problem at all.

Jeremy Jacobs cannot own an NFL team in Buffalo, because he owns the Bruins and they reside in a different NFL market (Boston aka New England). If he sells the Bruins (or writes them in someone else's name), then he becomes eligible to buy the Bills.

The owner of the Columbus Blue Jackets could buy the Bills, because his team does not reside in an NFL market.
I get that but what I don't get is....why is it a problem. Thats what I wanna know.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:14 PM
  #788
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
I really wish they'd kill Bills in Toronto series and have one special game a year like London as neutral site game The Bills suck and will never be embraced by Toronto. This is coming from hard core Sabres fan/Leafs hater.

HogtownSabresfan is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
  #789
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Kind of mad about the win today. I wish the Bills could learn to really bottom out when they're already tanking so we could at least pick in the top 5 for once.

tsujimoto74 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
  #790
Ddubs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leesburg, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
I think both are gone. What if Ralphie is bringing Jimbo back like the Broncos did with Elway?

Ddubs is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  #791
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
I really wish they'd kill Bills in Toronto series and have one special game a year like London as neutral site game The Bills suck and will never be embraced by Toronto. This is coming from hard core Sabres fan/Leafs hater.
London??? The NFL in London every year is a joke, let alone have a team have one their annually every year on top of it.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
  #792
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
London??? The NFL in London every year is a joke, let alone have a team have one their annually every year on top of it.
A joke based on what? Revenue -- it's bringing in revenue. That revenue sharing is keeping small market teams afloat. Bills grabbed Toronto to protect their territory. Even with half hearted support and crowds in the 40,000, the Toronto games pulled in more money than any Bills home game ever could.
Wilson was pretty smart moving game to Toronto. He made sure he controlled the market and stopped any expansion into city which would hit Bills hard.
He may be old but Ralphie is no stooge.

HogtownSabresfan is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
  #793
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
A joke based on what? Revenue -- it's bringing in revenue. That revenue sharing is keeping small market teams afloat. Bills grabbed Toronto to protect their territory. Even with half hearted support and crowds in the 40,000, the Toronto games pulled in more money than any Bills home game ever could.
Wilson was pretty smart moving game to Toronto. He made sure he controlled the market and stopped any expansion into city which would hit Bills hard.
He may be old but Ralphie is no stooge.
Because theres these dumb assumptions that Globalization is good. It's good for nobody but stooges like Roger Goodell. The players already hate playing overseas. If you have ever gone over there you would know it takes a huge toll on you with the jet leg and time adjustment.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:30 PM
  #794
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Kind of mad about the win today. I wish the Bills could learn to really bottom out when they're already tanking so we could at least pick in the top 5 for once.
We'd just end up taking Mike Williams.

We did pick Dareus 3rd.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
  #795
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
We'd just end up taking Mike Williams.

We did pick Dareus 3rd.
He was one of; if not the most talented player coming out of the draft. Most mock drafts had him going #2 to Denver and the Bills picking Von Miller.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new GM tries to trade up or Geno Smith if he falls pass the 2nd pick.

dma0034 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
  #796
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
He was one of; if not the most talented player coming out of the draft. Most mock drafts had him going #2 to Denver and the Bills picking Von Miller.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new GM tries to trade up or Geno Smith if he falls pass the 2nd pick.
Hope not...

If only that had been true.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
  #797
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Because theres these dumb assumptions that Globalization is good. It's good for nobody but stooges like Roger Goodell. The players already hate playing overseas. If you have ever gone over there you would know it takes a huge toll on you with the jet leg and time adjustment.
Revenue is what they want. Face it. And, yes, I've been to Europe a dozen times, London a couple. It's a five-hour time adjustment from east, the west coast is three. Have you ever done the overnight flight to London and had meetings in the morning? It's done all the time. Poor babies, jet lag. I'd be more scared of getting hit by an NFL linebacker than jet lag. LOL.
Oh yes, the players could remove the game in contract talks. Oh wait, they love money too.

HogtownSabresfan is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:49 PM
  #798
buffalowing88
Registered User
 
buffalowing88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
I want to keep Nix and let Gailey and Fitzpatrick go. Sadly, we will likely get stuck with Fitzpatrick because no quarterback in the draft is ready to step into a starting role. I don't want to draft a Barkley who has never played in a cold weather environment and let him loose as the starter from day 1. We have seen how that works out. I don't see anyone splurging on an FA after the Fitzpatrick contract either so for better or worse we are stuck with him.

Gailey is an incompetent coach. Someone who teased us at first because he was the anti-Dick Jauron. The problem is that his potential is far outweighed by his loser persona and mind boggling play calling. He will go, that much I am sure of.

Nix really doesnt have a terrible track record. He brought in Mario who ended up being a solid pickup even if the price is rough (small market disadvantage), he drafted Gilmore and Dareus, two big pieces of our defense, and he locked up Stevie rather than let him go. I don't have an issue with Nix. He was dealt a terrible hand and did the best he could.

We just have to go WR or LB at the 8 spot and look into drafting a developmental QB in the rounds afterwards. This team is not that bad, their is a lot of talent on the roster and half of the problem could be blamed on poor coaching. Fitzpatrick will never be more than average but with the quality of our line and our RB's he will have to do.

buffalowing88 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:57 PM
  #799
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
I want to keep Nix and let Gailey and Fitzpatrick go. Sadly, we will likely get stuck with Fitzpatrick because no quarterback in the draft is ready to step into a starting role. I don't want to draft a Barkley who has never played in a cold weather environment and let him loose as the starter from day 1. We have seen how that works out. I don't see anyone splurging on an FA after the Fitzpatrick contract either so for better or worse we are stuck with him.

Gailey is an incompetent coach. Someone who teased us at first because he was the anti-Dick Jauron. The problem is that his potential is far outweighed by his loser persona and mind boggling play calling. He will go, that much I am sure of.

Nix really doesnt have a terrible track record. He brought in Mario who ended up being a solid pickup even if the price is rough (small market disadvantage), he drafted Gilmore and Dareus, two big pieces of our defense, and he locked up Stevie rather than let him go. I don't have an issue with Nix. He was dealt a terrible hand and did the best he could.

We just have to go WR or LB at the 8 spot and look into drafting a developmental QB in the rounds afterwards. This team is not that bad, their is a lot of talent on the roster and half of the problem could be blamed on poor coaching. Fitzpatrick will never be more than average but with the quality of our line and our RB's he will have to do.
Aaron, Rodgers.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
  #800
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Nix has to go to. He hasn't addressed the QB spot or added a legit #2 WR among other things (linebacking core, competent kicker etc).

And who do you think brought in Gailey? Nix is a joke. He needs to go. They all do.

Layne Staley is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.