HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA Negotiations III: Why Can't We All Just...Get Along?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 05:24 PM
  #851
MillerTime2181
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Say bryz is bought out this summer he'd get 2/3 of his remaining salary over 2x the time so we'd be paying him 1.642m a year until 2026-27.

With it coming out of the owners pocket like normal buyouts, that would cause the owners to pay extra money out of pocket.

With it coming from the players share, it would come out of their 50%
So theoretically instead of re-signing Giroux for 7M per we'd have to sign him to 6.5 per? Or am I completely still missing the gist of this?

MillerTime2181 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 05:28 PM
  #852
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
So theoretically instead of re-signing Giroux for 7M per we'd have to sign him to 6.5 per? Or am I completely still missing the gist of this?
Giroux's money doesn't have anything to do with the buyout..

If the revenue for that year was 4 billion, the players would get about 2 bil plus the 300m make whole payments

So, using the 2b, the buyout of bryz would reduce the share to 1,998,400,000 or so

Krishna is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
  #853
MillerTime2181
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Giroux's money doesn't have anything to do with the buyout..

If the revenue for that year was 4 billion, the players would get about 2 bil plus the 300m make whole payments

So, using the 2b, the buyout of bryz would reduce the share to 1,998,400,000 or so
You are a scholar, thank you. I FINALLY get it. haha thanks again.

MillerTime2181 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 05:36 PM
  #854
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
You are a scholar, thank you. I FINALLY get it. haha thanks again.
No problem, this is why I am the Poster of the Year

Krishna is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:25 PM
  #855
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Being given the one contract free of charge is an interesting development. If true, then very good news for us securing our free agents and picking up talent down the line.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
  #856
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Being given the one contract free of charge is an interesting development. If true, then very good news for us securing our free agents and picking up talent down the line.
It would royally screws over teams that don't have $$$

Perhaps Snider is pulling the strings more than I thought. That whole nonsense of "If a player who is on a long-term deal retires, then the cap implication goes to the team who gave him the contract" was scaring me that old Ed had lost his pull among the owners.

BrindamoursNose is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:14 PM
  #857
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
It would royally screws over teams that don't have $$$

Perhaps Snider is pulling the strings more than I thought. That whole nonsense of "If a player who is on a long-term deal retires, then the cap implication goes to the team who gave him the contract" was scaring me that old Ed had lost his pull among the owners.
Did they really suggest that? When you make a trade, you get the contract as well. That's terrible to give it back to the team that signed it because the player retired

Krishna is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
  #858
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Did they really suggest that? When you make a trade, you get the contract as well. That's terrible to give it back to the team that signed it because the player retired
I don't think it's in the language anymore, but I remember about a month ago reading that.

I was shocked.

BrindamoursNose is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
  #859
LetsGoFlyers1825
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 767
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
It would royally screws over teams that don't have $$$

Perhaps Snider is pulling the strings more than I thought. That whole nonsense of "If a player who is on a long-term deal retires, then the cap implication goes to the team who gave him the contract" was scaring me that old Ed had lost his pull among the owners.
I am pretty sure after that CBA Proposal was made, I saw that some owners were not aware that an offer was being made. There is no way Snider would have allowed it to be proposed, knowing Richards and Carter would come back to haunt us.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:17 PM
  #860
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Being given the one contract free of charge is an interesting development. If true, then very good news for us securing our free agents and picking up talent down the line.
As in one contract per team doesnt count against the cap or are you talking about the buyout?

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:28 PM
  #861
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
As in one contract per team doesnt count against the cap or are you talking about the buyout?
It sounds like the first one

Krishna is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM
  #862
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Owners and the PA are expected to meet today.

NHL aiming for noon. PA still working on it's counter proposal

Krishna is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 11:07 AM
  #863
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

CBA mtng expected to begin between 1pm - 1:30pm. Players will present counter to NHL


I was hoping the players would work with the NHL in the areas they think need to be addressed, we know what the NHL conceded with there proposal, obviously with this new counter, Fehr has seen something fishy and is making his push on something he wants.

One thing is the player variance now at 10% from 5 in the NHL offer, PA wanted 25%, so when fehr gives the PA counter today this counter probably will be asking for more the 10%. That is just 1 of several items Fehr might try and fish out however, the NHL will take time to overview it and take the rest of today, and tomorrow, and probably resume on WED after New years.

PHILOUDELPHIA is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
  #864
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Returning home like a lot of players have done this past week
if a lot of players are returning home, then that might be a good thing. I wonder if it will mean with these latest proposals will it be enough for a VOTE.

My overall gut feeling is a deal will be reached by JAN 11, but after seeing the PA going to counter today, tells me the tennis game might still be on.

PHILOUDELPHIA is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
  #865
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Will PA proposal contain "tweaks" and "trades" or will it be an item by item breakdown contrary to NHL request? Probably a bit of both.


what Darren tweeted, is what I was harping on when I first heard about the counter, I hope they use the NHL's proposal as a foundation and build or tweak from there vs re doing it all together.

PHILOUDELPHIA is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:13 PM
  #866
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
NHL PA has yet to arrive, there is a lot of traffic problems around times square right now.

they should have had this meeting somewhere else then NYC right now, even if it was on wall street, but not in times square bettman is a moron.

wouldn't surprise me if they call off the meeting today and meet tomorrow or jan 2.

but the goal I think was to get the new proposal to the NHL for them to use the next day or 2 to go over the new proposal by PA.

lets hope they will still meet today

PHILOUDELPHIA is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
  #867
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Yeah let's hold the meeting on New Years Eve in a city where they are getting ready for a huge celebration. Smart idea.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 03:38 PM
  #868
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
NHL PA has made it, and delievered there counter proposal, NHL will review it - its a bout a 300 page document. Probably won't hear word until tue or Wed.

Dregor on TSN breaks down 3 scenarios

1 they agree lol okay we can throw that one out.

2 tweaks and trade which would be a real good sign in getting a deal done.

3 item by item breakdown which is most likely knowing how bettman and fehr operate. this could lead to another staul and basically screw the season.

PHILOUDELPHIA is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 04:36 PM
  #869
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,510
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
NHL PA has yet to arrive, there is a lot of traffic problems around times square right now.

they should have had this meeting somewhere else then NYC right now, even if it was on wall street, but not in times square bettman is a moron.

wouldn't surprise me if they call off the meeting today and meet tomorrow or jan 2.

but the goal I think was to get the new proposal to the NHL for them to use the next day or 2 to go over the new proposal by PA.

lets hope they will still meet today
i wonder if the pro-owner bias around here would accuse the NHLPA of using the traffic as an excuse for stalling

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 05:13 PM
  #870
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
i wonder if the pro-owner bias around here would accuse the NHLPA of using the traffic as an excuse for stalling
if that's the case the owners should look in the mirror for picking NYC on new years eve as place to meet, and exactly in times square.

getting into times square on a day like to day is well only possible via train.

PHILOUDELPHIA is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 07:50 PM
  #871
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
some early news or leaks starting to pop out of the NHL's response to the players counter.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Clarification. NHL told union it would get back to them re: mtng tomorrow by noon. Some confusion


Little info leaking from either side. Far from alarming or surprising, but still some differences on the main issues that must be resolved

PHILOUDELPHIA is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:39 PM
  #872
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,932
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Did they really suggest that? When you make a trade, you get the contract as well. That's terrible to give it back to the team that signed it because the player retired
Yeah, that was widely rumored a while ago, along with the ability to trade cap space. I like one idea, despise the other.

Has anything happened? I've been MIA for a few days

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 11:56 PM
  #873
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,510
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
if that's the case the owners should look in the mirror for picking NYC on new years eve as place to meet, and exactly in times square.

getting into times square on a day like to day is well only possible via train.
well I was joking but it wasnt the greatest choice of venues to exchange proposals, especially if people expect things to get done on a timely matter.
At least the sides are exchanging proposals without taking shots at each other. Which is a first.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 12:07 AM
  #874
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
well I was joking but it wasnt the greatest choice of venues to exchange proposals, especially if people expect things to get done on a timely matter.
At least the sides are exchanging proposals without taking shots at each other. Which is a first.
TRUE, But most likely the bashing and taking shots will be tomorrow.

its bettman and FEHR lol they should have fought in UFC 155 for the CBA title lol.

PHILOUDELPHIA is online now  
Old
01-01-2013, 09:30 AM
  #875
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Yeah, that was widely rumored a while ago, along with the ability to trade cap space. I like one idea, despise the other.

Has anything happened? I've been MIA for a few days
NHL presented a 300 or so page proposal to the PA and told them to highlight things they want to change.

PA came back with about 22 pages of stuff to work on

NHL received that last night and will work off it today at noon hopefully

Krishna is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.