HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA Negotiations III: Why Can't We All Just...Get Along?

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 05:24 PM
MillerTime2181

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Say bryz is bought out this summer he'd get 2/3 of his remaining salary over 2x the time so we'd be paying him 1.642m a year until 2026-27.

With it coming out of the owners pocket like normal buyouts, that would cause the owners to pay extra money out of pocket.

With it coming from the players share, it would come out of their 50%
So theoretically instead of re-signing Giroux for 7M per we'd have to sign him to 6.5 per? Or am I completely still missing the gist of this?

Old
12-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
So theoretically instead of re-signing Giroux for 7M per we'd have to sign him to 6.5 per? Or am I completely still missing the gist of this?
Giroux's money doesn't have anything to do with the buyout..

If the revenue for that year was 4 billion, the players would get about 2 bil plus the 300m make whole payments

So, using the 2b, the buyout of bryz would reduce the share to 1,998,400,000 or so

Old
12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
MillerTime2181

Quote:
Giroux's money doesn't have anything to do with the buyout..

If the revenue for that year was 4 billion, the players would get about 2 bil plus the 300m make whole payments

So, using the 2b, the buyout of bryz would reduce the share to 1,998,400,000 or so
You are a scholar, thank you. I FINALLY get it. haha thanks again.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
You are a scholar, thank you. I FINALLY get it. haha thanks again.
No problem, this is why I am the Poster of the Year

Old
12-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Flyerfan808

Being given the one contract free of charge is an interesting development. If true, then very good news for us securing our free agents and picking up talent down the line.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Being given the one contract free of charge is an interesting development. If true, then very good news for us securing our free agents and picking up talent down the line.
It would royally screws over teams that don't have $$$

Perhaps Snider is pulling the strings more than I thought. That whole nonsense of "If a player who is on a long-term deal retires, then the cap implication goes to the team who gave him the contract" was scaring me that old Ed had lost his pull among the owners.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post

Perhaps Snider is pulling the strings more than I thought. That whole nonsense of "If a player who is on a long-term deal retires, then the cap implication goes to the team who gave him the contract" was scaring me that old Ed had lost his pull among the owners.
Did they really suggest that? When you make a trade, you get the contract as well. That's terrible to give it back to the team that signed it because the player retired

Old
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Did they really suggest that? When you make a trade, you get the contract as well. That's terrible to give it back to the team that signed it because the player retired
I don't think it's in the language anymore, but I remember about a month ago reading that.

I was shocked.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post

I am pretty sure after that CBA Proposal was made, I saw that some owners were not aware that an offer was being made. There is no way Snider would have allowed it to be proposed, knowing Richards and Carter would come back to haunt us.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:17 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
As in one contract per team doesnt count against the cap or are you talking about the buyout?

Old
12-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
As in one contract per team doesnt count against the cap or are you talking about the buyout?
It sounds like the first one

Old
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Krishna

Owners and the PA are expected to meet today.

NHL aiming for noon. PA still working on it's counter proposal

Old
12-31-2012, 11:07 AM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

CBA mtng expected to begin between 1pm - 1:30pm. Players will present counter to NHL

I was hoping the players would work with the NHL in the areas they think need to be addressed, we know what the NHL conceded with there proposal, obviously with this new counter, Fehr has seen something fishy and is making his push on something he wants.

One thing is the player variance now at 10% from 5 in the NHL offer, PA wanted 25%, so when fehr gives the PA counter today this counter probably will be asking for more the 10%. That is just 1 of several items Fehr might try and fish out however, the NHL will take time to overview it and take the rest of today, and tomorrow, and probably resume on WED after New years.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Quote:
Returning home like a lot of players have done this past week
if a lot of players are returning home, then that might be a good thing. I wonder if it will mean with these latest proposals will it be enough for a VOTE.

My overall gut feeling is a deal will be reached by JAN 11, but after seeing the PA going to counter today, tells me the tennis game might still be on.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Will PA proposal contain "tweaks" and "trades" or will it be an item by item breakdown contrary to NHL request? Probably a bit of both.

what Darren tweeted, is what I was harping on when I first heard about the counter, I hope they use the NHL's proposal as a foundation and build or tweak from there vs re doing it all together.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:13 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

NHL PA has yet to arrive, there is a lot of traffic problems around times square right now.

they should have had this meeting somewhere else then NYC right now, even if it was on wall street, but not in times square bettman is a moron.

wouldn't surprise me if they call off the meeting today and meet tomorrow or jan 2.

but the goal I think was to get the new proposal to the NHL for them to use the next day or 2 to go over the new proposal by PA.

lets hope they will still meet today

Old
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
RussianRocket10

Yeah let's hold the meeting on New Years Eve in a city where they are getting ready for a huge celebration. Smart idea.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:38 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

NHL PA has made it, and delievered there counter proposal, NHL will review it - its a bout a 300 page document. Probably won't hear word until tue or Wed.

Dregor on TSN breaks down 3 scenarios

1 they agree lol okay we can throw that one out.

2 tweaks and trade which would be a real good sign in getting a deal done.

3 item by item breakdown which is most likely knowing how bettman and fehr operate. this could lead to another staul and basically screw the season.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
NHL PA has yet to arrive, there is a lot of traffic problems around times square right now.

they should have had this meeting somewhere else then NYC right now, even if it was on wall street, but not in times square bettman is a moron.

wouldn't surprise me if they call off the meeting today and meet tomorrow or jan 2.

but the goal I think was to get the new proposal to the NHL for them to use the next day or 2 to go over the new proposal by PA.

lets hope they will still meet today
i wonder if the pro-owner bias around here would accuse the NHLPA of using the traffic as an excuse for stalling

Old
12-31-2012, 05:13 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
i wonder if the pro-owner bias around here would accuse the NHLPA of using the traffic as an excuse for stalling
if that's the case the owners should look in the mirror for picking NYC on new years eve as place to meet, and exactly in times square.

getting into times square on a day like to day is well only possible via train.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:50 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

some early news or leaks starting to pop out of the NHL's response to the players counter.

Clarification. NHL told union it would get back to them re: mtng tomorrow by noon. Some confusion

Little info leaking from either side. Far from alarming or surprising, but still some differences on the main issues that must be resolved

Old
12-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Yeah, that was widely rumored a while ago, along with the ability to trade cap space. I like one idea, despise the other.

Has anything happened? I've been MIA for a few days

12-31-2012, 11:56 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
if that's the case the owners should look in the mirror for picking NYC on new years eve as place to meet, and exactly in times square.

getting into times square on a day like to day is well only possible via train.
well I was joking but it wasnt the greatest choice of venues to exchange proposals, especially if people expect things to get done on a timely matter.
At least the sides are exchanging proposals without taking shots at each other. Which is a first.

Old
01-01-2013, 12:07 AM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
well I was joking but it wasnt the greatest choice of venues to exchange proposals, especially if people expect things to get done on a timely matter.
At least the sides are exchanging proposals without taking shots at each other. Which is a first.
TRUE, But most likely the bashing and taking shots will be tomorrow.

its bettman and FEHR lol they should have fought in UFC 155 for the CBA title lol.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Yeah, that was widely rumored a while ago, along with the ability to trade cap space. I like one idea, despise the other.

Has anything happened? I've been MIA for a few days
NHL presented a 300 or so page proposal to the PA and told them to highlight things they want to change.

PA came back with about 22 pages of stuff to work on

NHL received that last night and will work off it today at noon hopefully

Closed Thread