HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 8.0 - "Time on Ice" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Come on...stop inventing things to try to start something.....It's all about expectations of a 3rd pick overall who is supposed, for some, to SAVE this Habs team. Having said that....it doesn't make much sense either but has NOTHING to do with language.
Gauthier already saved the team from terrible coaching, what is left? Cole, Pacioretty, Gionta, Desharnais, Eller and Plekanec will save it from a lack of offense. I consider those players all top 6 capable, the addition of Galchenyuk is a compliment more than anything else. It's not like we are adding Tavares to a barren wasteland of a team.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Gauthier already saved the team from terrible coaching, what is left? Cole, Pacioretty, Gionta, Desharnais, Eller and Plekanec will save it from a lack of offense. I consider those players all top 6 capable, the addition of Galchenyuk is a compliment more than anything else. It's not like we are adding Tavares to a barren wasteland of a team.
Somehow we had the same players with so-so result. Galchenyuk is already seen, for some, as an all-star. Yet, I do have to add MIGHT be seen as a FUTURE star. Which we don't have in our core up front aside maybe from Pacioretty. You named 2 guys who are rather advanced in their career. A Desharnais who most people in here wants to trade for a 6th rounder, and a Eller who is still really unproven for all sorts of reasons offensively. So look at it as you prefer, but if Gally plays like what people expects of him, he is the 1st centerman that we've all been waiting for. Now if Sarnia.....or the US team would play him as a center.....but that's another story.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Danadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A Desharnais who most people in here wants to trade for a 6th rounder
Where is that coming from? Most here really like DD

Old
12-30-2012, 08:41 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
If i would be the canadiens, i would offer a clear program for Galchenyuk to improve his skating once his skating is improved i will feel confortable Gally will be a succesfull player in the nhl. Everyone look a lot quicker than him right now and maybe that why Center would suit him better... at least for now.

Despite that Gally produces and i am not worry one bit.. maybe just deceived a little I was expecting a flashier performance. But tournement is not over still time to prove us he can do it now.
WHAT???

Unbelievable all the **** we hear right now..

Old
12-30-2012, 09:04 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
If i would be the canadiens, i would offer a clear program for Galchenyuk to improve his skating once his skating is improved i will feel confortable Gally will be a succesfull player in the nhl. Everyone look a lot quicker than him right now and maybe that why Center would suit him better... at least for now.

Despite that Gally produces and i am not worry one bit.. maybe just deceived a little I was expecting a flashier performance. But tournement is not over still time to prove us he can do it now.
5 points in 3 games on an abysmal and offensively inept U.S. team.

If anyone's disappointed by Galchenyuk's performance, then they haven't been watching the games. Simple as that.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

If anyone's disappointed by Galchenyuk's performance, then they haven't been watching the games. Simple as that.
I was a bit disappointed with his shooting today, had numerous looks and his shot was off...but for his play as a whole at the WJHC he's looked good.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:13 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I was a bit disappointed with his shooting today, had numerous looks and his shot was off...but for his play as a whole at the WJHC he's looked good.
I wish he hit the net more, but at a certain point (after the midway mark in the 2nd) it was painfully evident that he was frustrated and shooting from anywhere. I don't blame him, his teammates were dirt.

The criticisms of Galchenyuk remind me of the people who ragged on Price last year for us. The Habs had a lot of problems; the least of them was Price. Same story for the Americans and Gally.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:

Why is everyone either on the defensive or offensive... wow. Flashier mean i was expwcting him to dance on the ice like many highly touted prospect have achieved in past wjc. Sorry to sound... to negative?

Did i say he suck...? he isnt a turtle but far from a speed dynamo, also when i said everyone its definately the wrong word i used, i would say many within his own team are clearly faster, but maybe i am trolling my own boy.. dont know...

I will repeat, great prospect not the dominant performance I was expecting.. thats all.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:19 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Why is everyone either on the defensive or offensive... wow. Flashier mean i was expwcting him to dance on the ice like many highly touted prospect have achieved in past wjc. Sorry to sound... to negative?

Did i say he suck...? he isnt a turtle but far feom a quick skater at this point.
I wasn't taking issue with the fact that you said he wasn't flashy or that he was slow. I find it unbelievable that anyone could be disappointed with Galchenyuk's play, put into the context of the team he's playing for. Talk about a guy being on an island.

He's even outscoring Yakupov...how much better were we anticipating him to be? Realistically?

Old
12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Montreal Impact FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
WHAT???

Unbelievable all the **** we hear right now..
Wrong word not everyone most of his teammates look faster.

I will apologize for that.

Please dont tell me he is fast, his accelaration is at best average compare to junior level, below average in most big wjc teams.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Flashier mean i was expwcting him to dance on the ice like many highly touted prospect have achieved in past wjc. Sorry to sound... to negative?
Like who exactly? It's the elite of the elite prospects playing there. Galchenyuk is 3rd in points while being terribly miss-used by Housley. If he was playing center on Canada with Huberdeau and Schifiele people would be calling Galchenyuk the next Sydney Crosby.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Montreal Impact FC

Quote:
I wasn't taking issue with the fact that you said he wasn't flashy or that he was slow. I find it unbelievable that anyone could be disappointed with Galchenyuk's play, put into the context of the team he's playing for. Talk about a guy being on an island.

He's even outscoring Yakupov...how much better were we anticipating him to be? Realistically?
I would be as happy with a great on ice performance despite the points. Just as points make me as happy... as not a flashy performance...

And thats basically what i am saying.

I know he was implicated on 50% of usa goals, cool feat.

But i am sure you know points dont mean everything sometimes it almost means squat... (corey locke, simon gamache) not talking about Gally tough since he has it all outside of skating. (Can i be more positive than that?)

Its not a tournement that makes a player.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Montreal Impact FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Like who exactly? It's the elite of the elite prospects playing there. Galchenyuk is 3rd in points while being terribly miss-used by Housley. If he was playing center on Canada with Huberdeau and Schifiele people would be calling Galchenyuk the next Sydney Crosby.
Like RNH? Just to answer your question without wasting my time. Btw its not all about the points you get. Can i say i am a big fan of gally and i was propably one of those who got flamed for saying he was used terribly by housley (prior to last game). I still think he can do better. Dont you? If he does would you say he is playing beyond his abilities? I think i am trying to say i am still very high on the kid... i am not bashing him.

Can we all get back behind gally now? Pointing out some flaws doesnt make him a bad prospect. Crosby had his issues, heck Gretzky did too, doesnt mean at 18 you cant take notes and try to improve thats what i want him to do so we can finally got that player to bring us to the next level... i think that all what we look for... we dont wanna suck every season like the oils and islanders to get a prime player sucking last season was hard enough on me lol.

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 12-30-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 09:50 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I would be as happy with a great on ice performance despite the points. Just as points make me as happy... as not a flashy performance...

And thats basically what i am saying.

I know he was implicated on 50% of usa goals, cool feat.

But i am sure you know points dont mean everything sometimes it almost means squat... (corey locke, simon gamache) not talking about Gally tough since he has it all outside of skating. (Can i be more positive than that?)

Its not a tournement that makes a player.
There is a heavy dissonance in the point you are trying to make and the arguments you are presenting. It seems like you know he is the only weapon for the US but are still blaming him for their dysmal performance. Galchenyuk has done everything humany possible considering the opportunities presented to him by Housely.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Montreal Impact FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
There is a heavy dissonance in the point you are trying to make and the arguments you are presenting. It seems like you know he is the only weapon for the US but are still blaming him for their dysmal performance. Galchenyuk has done everything humany possible considering the opportunities presented to him by Housely.
Were do i blame him? I dont know where this world is going. Lol. Saying he hasnt been playing to his level doesnt mean i think he is responsible for usa lack of sucess for Christ sake. Anyways i retire from those superb argument discussions its not even possible to have an opinion these days.

Sorry maybe its my english that isnt good enough, or just my vocabulary. Maybe there is a nuance i am missing or im just not smart enough. I really wonder.

Btw thanks for the prognostic Dr.

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 12-30-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 11:43 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
B.
What is so hard to understand, Gally is playing the wing with jerk players while Huberdeau has the same pts total playing with RNH as center and getting way more ice time since team Canada got some guys suspended.. If Gally was playing with RNH, not only his pts total would be higher but he would have the chance to display his amazing talent.. It doesnt take a degree to understand it, Gally is trying to find chimestry with 2 marginal guys who dont have the offensive instincts to complete his plays.. Also, while he isnt the most explosive (not every prospects have Yakupov's explosion), his speed is quite fine, needs work on his first few steps but when he reach his maximum speed, few are faster than him, just take a look at the way he hustles, thats called speed.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Habruti!

I had not seen him a lot before this wjc, from what i saw, and specially on the PP, he reminded me of kovy...

Old
12-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Honestly everyons freaking out over a stupid coach, and a weak team

and you know what? its alllllll good baby

even latendresse had ZERO points in 6 games and hes a decent NHLer

gimmie a break, any knowledgable person here can tell, he should of , and should BE playing center, since JUNE ive been waiting for this tournament because i couldnt wait to see him center the first or second line for team USA, and it hasnt happened, so what.

the second i heard in the PRACTICE lines that galchenyuk wasnt being used at center, i knew we'd all be in for some kind of disapointment, but it was about seeing how everyone here would TAKE that disapointment, some are handling it well, and some are taking it as "omg, maybe galchenyuk isnt as good as we thought he was???" .. PUHLEAAASE people, listen..he is that good, and is being mis-used, and thats all, guess what, hes STILL putting up the points on a god aweful american team who have to play together for 6 games in 2 weeks, and have never played with each other before

nobody freak out, hes still our golden boy, and i cant wait to see him surrounded by NHL talent

this was a stepping stone for him, and you know what, averaging 13 mins a game and still in the top 10 scoring for some of the BEST 19 year olds in the WORLD, and he isnt even being used in his proper element, man, some of you guys make me laugh

kids gonna be fine. he's so ahead of the curve over all of his team mates its laughable watching him out there, everyones trying to be a hero and galchenyuk is trying to help them do it, all-by-it detracting him from being THE hero of the team hes supposed to be

do you see him whining? nope. he's happy to be playing for usa and everything and thats great, but all hes thinking about is furnishing his skills, testing himself against elite NHL talent (at his age) and the NHL itself, thats it.

so team USA is going nowhere, who the eff cares, galchenyuk is going nowhere but up.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
The reason Beaulieu in Sarnia does not use Galchenyuk is;

- The defensive side of playing C might be too much for someone coming back from a major knee injury the year before. Yes, he's looked great, but the defensive responsibilities of skating up and down the ice numerous times, to back-check and help out your defenseman, it is a lot of work.

Now we want Housley to say, "Hey. Forget what Beaulieu may think. Galchenyuk can do it. Sure, it's a larger ice surface, but hey, I know Galchenyuk better than his coach back in the O."

Even when he takes a face-off in Sarnia, he converts right back to wing. Why? Because he's most effective working the side boards and using his strong pivot to trick the defender and come out with a dangle before firing a shot or passing it to a D.

He and Trouba have been great this tournament. Apart from the two goals they've contributed together, Galchenyuk always finds Trouba for a shot on net and a scoring chance. Why ruin that and take that away, just so he can take a few face-offs.

He's fine at wing for now. He needs better linemates than Kuraly and Grimaldi. I'd love to see Miller centre him.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:57 AM
Teufelsdreck

Too much pessimism, lads. Next thing you know someone will opine that Timmins should have drafted Grigorenko instead. I'm reminded of Lafleur's first two seasons, in which he was overshadowed by Marcel Dionne and René Robert before his spectacular breakout. I'd wait until Galchenyuk appears in a Hab Uniform before showing buyer's regret. Right now, he's a better passer than some of the centers playing for the Habs.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:05 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Wrong word not everyone most of his teammates look faster.

I will apologize for that.

Please dont tell me he is fast, his accelaration is at best average compare to junior level, below average in most big wjc teams.
Instead of saying this, you should just mention that you never saw him played on his junior team and can also mention that while some players are faster than him, they are Rico Fata faster meaning have no idea what to do with their speed and the only think they will achieve is winning a speed contest. Yeah, I guess he can improve his overall speed, like 99% of the players can, but don't worry....have a chance to see him in his team or next time you'll see him at practice with the Habs or a game with us and you'll suddenly find him not so bad after all.

As far as the dominant performance, well of course, I was also expecting more (note:the tournament isn't over), but yet, every player that did dominate in the past, or most of them, have been able to do it with a strong supported cast. Yes, there is a few Tomas Tatar in the past, but then, those few players do not make a general statement.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:35 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

A whole lot of US offense right now, obviously, though without Galchenyuk who I think has the big turnover that created the only Slovakia goal. But the supposed first line seems to be bringing it today. But it is just Slovakia....

Old
12-31-2012, 04:40 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
lol at Gally not getting an assist on the 5th goal.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:41 AM
GalHabsGal

1A Gally, ok periode for the moment, omg I hate Kuraly

edit: no assist what is that

Last edited by GalHabsGal: 12-31-2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: wow
Old
12-31-2012, 04:45 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Was that one of the worst calls in the history of calls?

Closed Thread