Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Royal Rumble Predictions

Old
12-30-2012, 09:46 PM
M.C.G. 31
Jesus Price

vCash: 233
I still want Rock/Cena/Punk and Taker/Lesnar. I have no interest whatsoever in Rock/Cena II and HHH/Lesnar II. Knowing that these are potential match ups (especially HHH/Lesnar again) makes me happy I'm not going to WrestleMania 29 and I'm deciding to save for WrestleMania 30.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
I still want Rock/Cena/Punk and Taker/Lesnar. I have no interest whatsoever in Rock/Cena II and HHH/Lesnar II. Knowing that these are potential match ups (especially HHH/Lesnar again) makes me happy I'm not going to WrestleMania 29 and I'm deciding to save for WrestleMania 30.
At least you've come off of Taker/Punk. I do also want the triple threat but I want Punk to pin Rock for the title. I'm also not opposed to lifting Cena from that match and get his own program with someone like Brock, Taker, or HHH but you can't redo last year's main event.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:10 PM
M.C.G. 31
Jesus Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
At least you've come off of Taker/Punk. I do also want the triple threat but I want Punk to pin Rock for the title. I'm also not opposed to lifting Cena from that match and get his own program with someone like Brock, Taker, or HHH but you can't redo last year's main event.
WrestleMania is shaping up to be Rock/Cena, Taker/Punk and HHH/Lesnar. I hope that **** changes because 2/3 of those are rematches that everyone knows what the result will be, and no one believes CM Punk is going to beat The Undertaker.

Brock Lesnar is a true, legitimate threat to the streak. CM Punk is nowhere near that.

CM Punk and John Cena still have an unresolved issue that was never settled from back in October and now we have The Rock, who's getting a WWE Championship match and defeat the golden boy last year at WrestleMania. It writes itself.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Debuting his new theme (hopefully!!).. your Royal Rumble winner and challenger to Dolph Ziggler in a Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship.....

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
WrestleMania is shaping up to be Rock/Cena, Taker/Punk and HHH/Lesnar. I hope that **** changes because 2/3 of those are rematches that everyone knows what the result will be, and no one believes CM Punk is going to beat The Undertaker.

Brock Lesnar is a true, legitimate threat to the streak. CM Punk is nowhere near that.

CM Punk and John Cena still have an unresolved issue that was never settled from back in October and now we have The Rock, who's getting a WWE Championship match and defeat the golden boy last year at WrestleMania. It writes itself.
As easy as it is to say it would be those three matchups, it shouldn't be done. Rock/Cena was built as once in a lifetime. Doing a rematch ruins that. Now, I wouldn't put it past WWE to be that stupid but certain things shouldn't be tainted and that is one of them. May not have been the best build, the best match, or whatever but it shouldn't be redone the very next year. The same goes for having HHH and Taker in matches for WrestleMania. End of an era and yet both guys are still there the next year? It makes it all hollow and WrestleMania builds shouldn't ever be seen as that.

Rock-Punk and Taker-Cena would be ideal to me as the building blocks for WrestleMania. I think a Lesnar-Ryback match at Mania is a strong possibility. The Shield's impact on it should be huge but whatever their match may be, will likely be underwhelming. Then you have whatever you want to do for the World title. Personally, I hope Show drops it at the Rumble, they split Hell No, give Bryan a WM rematch where he wins to give him his moment and a legitimate Mania match, then have Ziggler cash in. We'll see. The easy answer I actually don't think will happen.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:38 PM
M.C.G. 31
Jesus Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Debuting his new theme (hopefully!!).. your Royal Rumble winner and challenger to Dolph Ziggler in a Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship.....

I like Christian, but he's almost 40 and has become injury prone. No thanks.

Quote:
As easy as it is to say it would be those three matchups, it shouldn't be done. Rock/Cena was built as once in a lifetime. Doing a rematch ruins that. Now, I wouldn't put it past WWE to be that stupid but certain things shouldn't be tainted and that is one of them. May not have been the best build, the best match, or whatever but it shouldn't be redone the very next year. The same goes for having HHH and Taker in matches for WrestleMania. End of an era and yet both guys are still there the next year? It makes it all hollow and WrestleMania builds shouldn't ever be seen as that.

Rock-Punk and Taker-Cena would be ideal to me as the building blocks for WrestleMania. I think a Lesnar-Ryback match at Mania is a strong possibility. The Shield's impact on it should be huge but whatever their match may be, will likely be underwhelming. Then you have whatever you want to do for the World title. Personally, I hope Show drops it at the Rumble, they split Hell No, give Bryan a WM rematch where he wins to give him his moment and a legitimate Mania match, then have Ziggler cash in. We'll see. The easy answer I actually don't think will happen.
I'd say Undertaker vs. John Cena for WrestleMania 30. That has headliner potential and is a good way for The Undertaker to leave, defeating the top guy in WWE on his way out and pushing the streak to 22-0, at, what WWE will dub, the 30th Anniversary of WrestleMania.

I have no interest in seeing Lesnar/Ryback personally. I just don't think they'd mesh well at all. I also think Ryback is destined to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at this point if Orton or Sheamus doesn't take the championship off Show soon.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
I'd say Undertaker vs. John Cena for WrestleMania 30. That has headliner potential and is a good way for The Undertaker to leave, defeating the top guy in WWE on his way out and pushing the streak to 22-0, at, what WWE will dub, the 30th Anniversary of WrestleMania.

I have no interest in seeing Lesnar/Ryback personally. I just don't think they'd mesh well at all. I also think Ryback is destined to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at this point if Orton or Sheamus doesn't take the championship off Show soon.
I think you can do Cena-Taker like HBK-Taker with the obvious exception being the career being on the line but you can get two good matches out of it. It has headliner potential for sure and I wouldn't disagree with saving it if they don't have it right for it. Maybe they can work it where a heel Sheamus is the opponent. That would be pretty legit.

I don't have interest in Ryback-Lesnar either but I don't think that Ryback is going to be lumped into a midcard mega-ten man tag match either. They'll need a program for him and he's their hot face right now, like it or not.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
I like Christian, but he's almost 40 and has become injury prone. No thanks.
Injury prone? ********.

The ankle injury was 100% on Sheamus. Sheamus ****ed up and messed up his ankle. Yeah, sure he's had one serious injury recently, but he could have wrestled though it. He took the time off because WWE wasn't sure what they wanted to do with him.

There are lots of wrestlers who had bad injuries and stay relatively healthy later.

And who cares if he's 40. He's the best damn wrestler on the roster and would make Ziggler look like a million dollars. Not to mention, Christian has no problem (like Jericho) putting people over.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:45 PM
M.C.G. 31
Jesus Price

Quote:
I think you can do Cena-Taker like HBK-Taker with the obvious exception being the career being on the line but you can get two good matches out of it. It has headliner potential for sure and I wouldn't disagree with saving it if they don't have it right for it. Maybe they can work it where a heel Sheamus is the opponent. That would be pretty legit.

I don't have interest in Ryback-Lesnar either but I don't think that Ryback is going to be lumped into a midcard mega-ten man tag match either. They'll need a program for him and he's their hot face right now, like it or not.
Which is why he'll likely go against Big Show, whether its for the title or not, so Ryback can be put over in around 7-10 minutes. He won't be in a multi-man match for sure.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:54 PM
The Shockmaster
Balee Dat?

That was an awesome cover theme.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:06 AM
M.C.G. 31
Jesus Price

Quote:
Injury prone? ********.

The ankle injury was 100% on Sheamus. Sheamus ****ed up and messed up his ankle. Yeah, sure he's had one serious injury recently, but he could have wrestled though it. He took the time off because WWE wasn't sure what they wanted to do with him.

There are lots of wrestlers who had bad injuries and stay relatively healthy later.

And who cares if he's 40. He's the best damn wrestler on the roster and would make Ziggler look like a million dollars. Not to mention, Christian has no problem (like Jericho) putting people over.
He has no problem putting people over, which is great, but no chance Christian will win the Rumble. And Ziggler just beat Cena. He doesn't need to go through Christian to get elevated.

If Jericho didn't win the Rumble last year, Christian isn't winning.

And how was the ankle injury Sheamus's fault? At a house show, Christian slid under a clothesline, got up, punched him and then ended up clutching his leg.

Yes, 100% Sheamus's fault.

Last edited by M.C.G. 31: 12-31-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 11:52 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:

I agree that it's shaping up to very possibly be Rock/Cena, Taker/Punk and HHH/Lesnar...and while I realize that 2 out of 3 are rematches and nobody expects Punk to end the streak, I can safely say at this point that I would still really enjoy the evening just for the simple fact that something crazy MIGHT happen.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
He has no problem putting people over, which is great, but no chance Christian will win the Rumble. And Ziggler just beat Cena. He doesn't need to go through Christian to get elevated.

If Jericho didn't win the Rumble last year, Christian isn't winning.

And how was the ankle injury Sheamus's fault? At a house show, Christian slid under a clothesline, got up, punched him and then ended up clutching his leg.

Yes, 100% Sheamus's fault.
Okay, maybe not 100%.

But when it happened, it was said that Sheamus botched a move early in the match and landed on Christian's ankle.

If you watch that video, it looks like Christian is not putting full pressure on that foot (even when he comes off the ropes) and he just finished off his ankle doing that slide.

And I know Christian won't win the Rumble. Cena will. Unfortunately.

But I would love to see Christian get one more World Title.. and maybe a US title just to round it out.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
M.C.G. 31
Jesus Price

Quote:
Okay, maybe not 100%.

But when it happened, it was said that Sheamus botched a move early in the match and landed on Christian's ankle.

If you watch that video, it looks like Christian is not putting full pressure on that foot (even when he comes off the ropes) and he just finished off his ankle doing that slide.

And I know Christian won't win the Rumble. Cena will. Unfortunately.

But I would love to see Christian get one more World Title.. and maybe a US title just to round it out.

This is literally the entire match. Sheamus did nothing to injure Christian's ankle.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:00 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
he was the most over person at last night's RAW taping.
I have no clue what you're talking about. He got little to no reaction from the crowd when he came out to face The Shield

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 10:08 AM
M.C.G. 31
Jesus Price

Yeah, it sounded like Orton was more over than Ryback, but that's not surprising. Orton has somehow maintained his large reaction despite his booking in 2012.