HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rielly ranked #1 of 2012 draft class in TSN (Craig Button) Top 30 NHL Prospects

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2012, 12:04 AM
  #901
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Did Franson win CHL defenseman of the year? If not, then you have to say Hamilton is ahead of him if you are actually going to attempt to compare their development.
Interesting fact: two Leafs draftees have won the CHL defenseman of the year award since 1990. Drake Berehowsky and Brendan Bell.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:34 AM
  #902
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster
 
Random Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spooner Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Interesting fact: two Leafs draftees have won the CHL defenseman of the year award since 1990. Drake Berehowsky and Brendan Bell.
Do you think Hamilton will have a better or worse career than Drake Berehowsky and Brandan Bell?

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:52 AM
  #903
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة
 
Bravid Nonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: أور
Country: Syria
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Do you think Hamilton will have a better or worse career than Drake Berehowsky and Brandan Bell?
how does what they think matter?

there is no right answer with future projections

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:00 AM
  #904
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Did Franson win CHL defenseman of the year? If not, then you have to say Hamilton is ahead of him if you are actually going to attempt to compare their development.
Lol chill bud

I never said Franson was ahead at the same age...

I just said Hamilton looks like/ plays a similar game to Franson. Of course Hamilton is projected to be better, but they had very similar WJC.
No need to get your panties in a knot

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:09 AM
  #905
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Do you think Hamilton will have a better or worse career than Drake Berehowsky and Brandan Bell?
I have no idea, these CHL aren't a very good predictor of future success is my whole point.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:27 AM
  #906
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster
 
Random Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spooner Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I have no idea, these CHL aren't a very good predictor of future success is my whole point.
I would defniately put money on Hamilton.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:33 AM
  #907
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP
 
Wolfgang Krauser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Interesting fact: two Leafs draftees have won the CHL defenseman of the year award since 1990. Drake Berehowsky and Brendan Bell.
To be fair, look at the players that accomplished it at the same age as Hamilton and it is a different story.

I haven't been impressed with Hamilton when he's playing against top level talent(Canada Russia challenge and WJC) but he's a damn good player. He can easily develop into a stud with Boston and it's okay(lol).

Prospects come and go, we got a nice one in Rielly and we just have to move forward.

Wolfgang Krauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
  #908
Frankie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
You're entitled to your opinion. If you believe Hamilton is playing like the future hall of famer franchise defensemen he's touted to be, it's your choice.

Many fans believe his play has left a lot to be desired in order to match all the hype he's been getting. I don't know, and I don't care why the media hypes him up.
who's touting him as a future hall-of-famer? has anyone in the media actually said this? is hamilton getting more hype than anyone else? not that i can see.

lets call this as it is. you're greatly exaggerating the hype hamilton is getting, so that you can argue he's not living up to it.

you have no evidence or reason behind this apparent undeserved hype hamilton is getting because it actually isn't happening.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
  #909
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة
 
Bravid Nonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: أور
Country: Syria
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Hamilton has been great today

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:41 AM
  #910
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Hamilton has been great today
Yea, he's been solid today

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:06 AM
  #911
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
who's touting him as a future hall-of-famer? has anyone in the media actually said this? is hamilton getting more hype than anyone else? not that i can see.

lets call this as it is. you're greatly exaggerating the hype hamilton is getting, so that you can argue he's not living up to it.

you have no evidence or reason behind this apparent undeserved hype hamilton is getting because it actually isn't happening.
Read the forums. Do I need to do all the reading, and game watching for you, and then convey it to you in an easy to read format? I never said the media called him a future hall of famer, I said people have a right to their own opinions.

Dougie Hamilton: 9.0C
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeysfuture.com
9. Elite Talent – possesses the potential for greatness, a perennial All-Star throughout his career.

Defense: Nicklas Lidstrom, Zdeno Chara, Chris Pronger
Watch the games, and listen to how Hamilton's point shots are a key to Canada's PP. People were actually joking about Hamilton finally being able to hit the net today. The guy hasn't been able the broad side of a barn for most of the tournament.

He makes tons of mistakes, which get swept under the rug in most cases.

In a game against Germany, he was behind the boards with the puck being pressured by 2 forecheckers. Instead of doing the simple play, and chipping it up along the boards, he tries to stick handle through the 2 players, and ends up turning the puck over. Before he gets completely burnt, he uses his reach to poke the puck off the forward's stick to help a teammate regain possession. Ferraro's take on the play? "Great defensive play by Hamilton." No, it wasn't a great defensive play. The great defensive play would have been to chip the fn puck up the boards.

During today's game, he had his man along the boards behind the net, he lets him pivot, and skate out in front to get a centering pass off. Awful defensive effort, that was apparently not even worth a mention from the commentators.

His game to date (including this tourney, and the Subway series) leaves much to be desired for someone who's retarded as highly as Hamilton is. He's been getting better over the last two games, but nowhere near an impact player either physically, offensively, or defensively.

I'm done talking about Hamilton, and I'm done spoonfeeding you info.

4evaBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:16 AM
  #912
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Gobias Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Watch the games
I assume the scouts that tout him do just that.

You really need to start writing NHL teams because you clearly have the superior eye for talent.


P.S. That "C" is important in the 9.0C rating you provided, but then it is easier to ignore context.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
  #913
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
I assume the scouts that tout him do just that.

You really need to start writing NHL teams because you clearly have the superior eye for talent.


P.S. That "C" is important in the 9.0C rating you provided, but then it is easier to ignore context.
You'd be surprised how many around here feel they have just that.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
  #914
Frankie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Read the forums. Do I need to do all the reading, and game watching for you, and then convey it to you in an easy to read format? I never said the media called him a future hall of famer, I said people have a right to their own opinions.
so now we're talking forums? because earlier you were talking about the tsn commentators.

you're all over the map now because you know you're wrong.

he hasn't been overhyped anymore than anyone else on the team. they're all going to be hyped. this is a canadian broadcast, televising canadian hockey to rabid canadian fans.

if we're talking these forums, i've never seen any player as hyped as morgan rielly has been the past few months. i'm not saying its overhype at all, but the hype and superlatives used to describe rielly have been off the charts.

Quote:
I'm done talking about Hamilton, and I'm done spoonfeeding you info.
you're done talking about it because you know you're wrong. and there's nothing to spoonfeed because you're simply making things up about how tsn is overhyping hamilton.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:35 PM
  #915
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,820
vCash: 500
The main difference between hamilton today and Hamilton yesterday is that he hit the net consistently. It made a world of difference.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:39 PM
  #916
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Gobias Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
The main difference between hamilton today and Hamilton yesterday is that he hit the net consistently. It made a world of difference.
Agreed, and your point extrapolates into sample size.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:58 PM
  #917
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,836
vCash: 500
Isn't this thread supposed to be about Rielly, not Hamilton? Anyways, below average game for Rielly against Russia, didn't do a whole lot. Didn't get much ice time either though, I do think he's being under utilized a bit by Spott, but oh well, he's competing with plenty of other good dmen for minutes, so it's not a huge surprise. Still think he should be on the first PP unit.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:27 PM
  #918
LeaffanDM
Registered User
 
LeaffanDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
I wonder how Trouba got so low? to me hes been one of the best looking players this whole tourny. he looks like a pro playing with boys. he was flying out there.

LeaffanDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:29 PM
  #919
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaffanDM View Post
I wonder how Trouba got so low? to me hes been one of the best looking players this whole tourny. he looks like a pro playing with boys. he was flying out there.
He got low because 8 teams thought they had better players than Trouba.

Probably won't be the case, especially with Dumba being taken so high.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.