HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group B • Dec. 30 • Canada 2, United States 1 • Part III

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
This Galchenyuk fandom reminds of Rangers fans with Kreider syndrome.
Yeah and Kreider led his team to two medals......

Old
12-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Yeah and Kreider led his team to two medals......
See what I mean?

Old
12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Don't want to make this into the Galchenyuk thread so I will only say this and hopefully won't have to dive deeper.

Do you think now Galchenyuk knows what Rielly has to deal with in Moosejaw?
I can tell you exactly what he has to deal with in Moose Jaw:

- one street town
- one decent-ish bar/pub for young people.
- one shopping mall with about 10 stores in it.
- no beaches or beautiful mountains just fields of rapeseed.
- no hot chicks.

Maybe Reilly`s found his jump in Ufa for a reason. Lol

Old
12-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymistri View Post
I haven't seen Rielly play in Moose Jaw but that isn't happening in this tourney. I can think of 2 different sequences in the Slovakia game where he used body position along the boards and stripped the puck. Also uses an active stick to break up plays and does it without taking penalties. I am not saying he is great defensively or physical in the way he does it, but he uses his strongest assets to his advantage in his own end and hasn't been a liability.

Also, can't ignore the fact that he has been on the ice for 7 of the 17 goals for and none of the 7 goals against.
Ive not seen these guys play prior to this tourney and know very little about them other than whats posted on here and scouting reports.

Reilly has been night and day above Murphy and Hamilton.

You can see the difference in how he plays vs them. Hes always thinking. Looking for those opportunities.

He been a real treat to watch.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymistri View Post
I haven't seen Rielly play in Moose Jaw but that isn't happening in this tourney. I can think of 2 different sequences in the Slovakia game where he used body position along the boards and stripped the puck. Also uses an active stick to break up plays and does it without taking penalties. I am not saying he is great defensively or physical in the way he does it, but he uses his strongest assets to his advantage in his own end and hasn't been a liability.

Also, can't ignore the fact that he has been on the ice for 7 of the 17 goals for and none of the 7 goals against.
All the more impressive that he was benched for almost the entire 2nd period against Germany, didn't play 5 on 5 for a long stretch against the US, has been sent out with a variety of d partners at times on the left side and other times on the right side.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Old
12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
- no beaches or beautiful mountains just fields of rapeseed.
- no hot chicks.
Well, of course the hot chicks don't hang around when all you've got to offer is RAPEseed. Even in seed form, not popular with women.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
Well, of course the hot chicks don't hang around when all you've got to offer is RAPEseed. Even in seed form, not popular with women.
LOL

True story:

I was visiting my family in MG and was out with my cousins. I was waiting for in the car with one of their friends making small chat when she told me she was from Tisdale.

I asked her where Tisdale was. And she told me and that it was referred to as the "land of rapeseed and honey".

First time I heard the term and nearly spat out my beer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tisdale,_Saskatchewan

Last edited by Lonny Bohonos: 12-30-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
He hasn't produced a damn thing against any competitive teams in this tournament. He'll get more ice time if he earns it. To be fair, pretty much everyone on USAs offense has been unimpressive, but Gally is no exception. So sick o Habs fans whining about their golden boy not playing 56:50 per game and leading the tourney in scoring.
He leads his team in scoring and has set up their lone goal the last two games.
Keep hating, it suits you.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2010 View Post
Really like Trouba, what a good player.
I agree with this, looks extremely polished. Big, excellent skater, pro shot. If Doug Hamilton is a consensus NHL top 4 defenseman, then what is the Trouba projection? Looks better than Hamilton to me already

Old
12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
nikhilmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
It's a real shame that a USA team with Galchenyuk, Jones, and Trouba on a PP isn't a top contender.
The US is one team I hope Canada doesnt have to face again. They can beat anyone. Just had some bad luck against Canada.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:53 PM
ed bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
just watched the game, jones played a major role in both canadian goals..

first game watching him, you can tell he has skill and size but his head didn't look great tonight.
Jones has been shaky his last two games but that isn't a surprise seeing they were both against the two top teams, but for a draft eligible d man the adjustment period is always longer so no worries here. The only thing that really bugs me is the Jones hype, but he projects to be awesome though. Just don't blow it up tough

Old
12-31-2012, 12:10 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
Jones has been shaky his last two games but that isn't a surprise seeing they were both against the two top teams, but for a draft eligible d man the adjustment period is always longer so no worries here. The only thing that really bugs me is the Jones hype, but he projects to be awesome though. Just don't blow it up tough
Jones has been pimped by everyone before this tournament. Usa Hockey themselves have overly talked up Jones, same with Portland and the CHL. This kid has a lot of pressure on him, he wears a leadership letter on his chest, and gave some chalkboard fodder for Canada a week ago... but he hasnt played anywhere near the kid I saw for the USNDP last year, and I am not sure if we will see that kid this tourney.

They say that he would have been a big time game changer for the US last year, but I dont see how he would have been as a 17 year old when he has been mediocre at best as an 18 year old this tourney.

Last edited by AmericanDream: 12-31-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 12:14 AM
petejudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
The player i am least impressed with is Seth Jones. The kid has all the physical attributes but his decision making is awful and forces plays. I don't see the hype (other than his physical assets).
Seth Jones was horrible today, but has been great in the other games of the tournament/pre-tournament. If you watch him regularly on a junior level you'll see he's one of the most solid players there is in the draft every night. He had a really REALLY bad game today but there's no doubt he bounces back. He's still young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey
It's a real shame that a USA team with Galchenyuk, Jones, and Trouba on a PP isn't a top contender.
I'm trying to figure out if this post is a joke. The obvious favorites are Canada and Russia, each of those two beat USA 2-1. I mean, I understand that USA is not a favorite but I'm pretty sure that playing extremely close games with those two teams makes them not contenders. Let's say in a few hours Housley finds some forward lines that work in this game. Not that I'm expecting it, but let's say the team rallies around these two losses and DESTROYS Slovakia tomorrow. Don't you think at that point they're just as much contenders as anyone else in the competition? I'd put the USA at #3 right now, and I had them as 2 before the tournament started.

Closed Thread