HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #14 - Historic collapse complete, Lovie fired

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Its not that bad

- Ravens are very bi-polar like Bears
- Ditto Giants
- Cowboys are nothing special (And Bears play them well)
- NO had no defense and offensively they aren't as great as they were a few years back
- Phi is entering rebuild
- Cleveland is going with another QB and regime change (Stuck in rebuild)
- Pit is aging fast and showing decline
- Stl is nothing special

Only Cincy and Was make me think sure losses
STL could quickly turn into a team that's scary. Fisher has turned that ship around fast.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Cullksinikers

Sorry. **** game from the Pack. Was out all day again. Saw a game at some die hard Minnesota fans' house. Crazy. The Bears are in the playoffs if they don't go 3-5 down the stretch and Green Bay defenders go low on AD.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:34 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Of course, but it was Angelo who had the final say, and in the reguard, his track record as a GM has done more to hamper the Bears future then Lovie. Lovie was a defensive coach, and later round picks, Like Peanut, Briggs, etc, were stellar. I highly doubt Angelo gave Lovie full control over first round pick choice when it was Angelos reputation/ job on the line and to think otherwise is just hating on Lovie for the sake of hating. Angelo has a history of falling in love with certain players and taking them reguardless if there is a better player on the board, like the guy who could jump out of a pool and Williams. Sorry, that isnt Lovie.

Tice isnt bad and look at what Martz had to work with. For Matrz's system to work he needed his type of player and he just didnt have it here while he tried to make Hester a WR and failed because the guy just doesnt have the intelligence to be one.

Again, look at what he has to work with. Scrubs for an O-line arent gonna turn into PB'ers with proper coaching. They might get a bit better, but they sure arent gonna be world beaters when they are average to mediocre in the first place. You cant turn chicken crap into chicken salad when your skill set says you are steaming chicken crap.

And on that note, your not gonna be anything but mediocre if you reach on draft picks or draft injured players with valuble first round picks and trade away first rounders and use what you have left on pure garbage, which Angelo did.

The leagues changed. Its not Lovies fault he was given crap to work with.

I mean seriously, does this team need yet another OC coaching change when the biggest problem this team has is an uneffective Offensive line?
lovie and tice have been saying the oline was fine. it doesn't take 9 years to turn an offense around either. he has no clue about that side of the ball. and finally, the Martz system doesn't work anymore, exact reason i wouldn't hire norv turner or cam cameron and their similar offenses. it takes to much creativity away from qb and relies on passing plays that often take too long to develop.

and saying tice is fine is a joke.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
lovie and tice have been saying the oline was fine.
Seriously? What are they suppossed to say?

Old
12-30-2012, 09:43 PM
madgoat33

that they could improve there?

fire lovie, give kyle shannahan a shot

Old
12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
that they could improve there?
And throw their entire line under the bus?

Sorry, isnt Lovie's style. The great thing about Lovie is his players want to play for him and what little they have to give they do...for Lovie.

He isnt going anywhere, nor should he.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
madgoat33

there's no way you're actually a bears fan if you think 1 playoff appearance in 6 years is acceptable. lovie made this bed by hiring incompetent people to run the side of the ball that he has no clue about. time to pay the piper. i have no clue why you think its relevant that his players like him if those guys aren't good enough to win.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Cullksinikers

Chicago takes pride in its football. The fans here of fhe Bears expect more than making the playoffs almost 17 percent of the time the last six seasons. Starting 7-1 and not winning the division is bad and not getting a postseason berth is unacceptable. You guys have to fire him. If you don't, more frustration is on the horizon.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Tony lolmo amirite?

Old
12-30-2012, 10:17 PM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

I feel bad for Romo. I honestly like the guy, and he gets so much hate, but my God is he a choker.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
I feel bad for Romo. I honestly like the guy, and he gets so much hate, but my God is he a choker.
After he threw that pick, I kind of started pulling for Dallas.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

I can't stand the cowboys.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:30 PM
TwistedWrister90

Luck vs RG3 in the Superbowl

Old
12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
High confidence for the Broncos coming out of the AFC, but the NFC seems like its open to be upset city to me....

Old
12-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Illinihockey

Bears do indeed pick 20th

Old
12-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Cullksinikers

Call me crazy, but there is a team dumb enough to give a first-round pick for Tony Romo. Why not trade him and attempt to develop a quarterback? He obviously doesn't have a clutch bone in his body. However, the Cowboys have enjoyed being mediocre the past decade. Just a suggestion.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:58 PM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Call me crazy, but there is a team dumb enough to give a first-round pick for Tony Romo. Why not trade him and attempt to develop a quarterback? He obviously doesn't have a clutch bone in his body. However, the Cowboys have enjoyed being mediocre the past decade. Just a suggestion.
That has Jets written all over it.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:13 AM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
That has Jets written all over it.
Which I would just love.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:39 AM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

Imagine the NY media on Romo. That would be great. He honestly could help them out in the regular season though. Can't count on him in the playoffs. If the Jets were smart they'd go for Alex Smith.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:45 AM
Sarava

Honestly, as much as Romo chokes - he would be a 10,000% upgrade over Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. And I think with Romo he puts too much on his own shoulders. The Dallas team kind of sucks and he has been their best player all year. He just needs to learn to do his job and his job only.

I would go for it if I were the Jets - but I don't see him being available.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:28 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
there's no way you're actually a bears fan if you think 1 playoff appearance in 6 years is acceptable. lovie made this bed by hiring incompetent people to run the side of the ball that he has no clue about. time to pay the piper. i have no clue why you think its relevant that his players like him if those guys aren't good enough to win.
Its not, but blaming the head coach for personel decisions thru the draft is just a bit obtuse when he used the cards he was dealt to the best of his abilities and had those same mediocre players playing over their respective heads in terms of skill level.

Cutler did as much as he could with what he had to deal with with no offensive line at all, and no confidence in any wide out not named Marshall, who had a career year, no, not because he is just that elite level good, but because Cutler had nobody else to throw to. Tice did all that he could with what he had, and just giving up on a, no obnoxious homerish aside, was a five win team going into this season, another system just to install yet another offensive system when Cutler has had what, four new systems to learn in his short tenure here just makes the situation look like somebody needs to blame somebody for a team that over achieved from the get go.

You want to blame somebody, you blame Angelo for stinking up the joint on draft day and leaving this franchise in a state of stale for allowing his stupidity/ ego to control a team that is already old and didnt have the clairvoiance to restock thru the draft with the best players availible and instead nursed his own, borderline reaches that amounted to absolutely nothing. Countless times during the draft there were moments where Angelo bit on somebody that every draft guru was scratching his head at the pick. Every single draft. Drafting Benson when he had a capable running back already and killing the locker room instead of trading down. Theres countless epic fails that fall under Angelo and Angelo only.

And this is the thing nobody sees, but next year, if Emery does nothing with the O-line, and does get a new OC, you all will be saying the exact same thing when the Bears bugger off worse then they already are considering the main cog of this team, the defense, is getting up there in age and you wont see a year from Peanut that you saw this year.

Emery fixed a couple holes last off season, give him time to try and fix the gaping hole that is the offensive line while those who are forced into playing, will play their hearts out for Lovie Smith.

Shhesh, I would imagine many here would throw out a lotto ticket that had five numbers only because it didnt have six and is still a winner.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:52 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Honestly, as much as Romo chokes - he would be a 10,000% upgrade over Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. And I think with Romo he puts too much on his own shoulders. The Dallas team kind of sucks and he has been their best player all year. He just needs to learn to do his job and his job only.

I would go for it if I were the Jets - but I don't see him being available.
Being better then Mark Sanchez is damning with very feint praise.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
And throw their entire line under the bus?

Sorry, isnt Lovie's style. The great thing about Lovie is his players want to play for him and what little they have to give they do...for Lovie.

He isnt going anywhere, nor should he.
WHO CARES!

This is football not some lovefest. Results are your resume not how much the players adore and love you and have your poster on their wall and how much they want to play for you. I don't care if the players hate your guts as long as you win.

Lovie isn't getting the results he should be, you can blame Angelo, the players, the weather, the Mayans, whomever, but a coaches job is to win, if he doesn't he is fired.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
WHO CARES!
Obviously the players do as Peppers coming here had alot to do with Lovie being here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
This is football not some lovefest. Results are your resume not how much the players adore and love you and have your poster on their wall and how much they want to play for you. I don't care if the players hate your guts as long as you win.
Save the speeches for Mike Ditka who doesnt have a HC job anymore. The day of the "firey head coach" went out with gangsta rap. Doesnt work anymore in this day and age of multi million are divas. Its funny that a cool, calm head coach who has done wonders with the limited talent he has had is now suddenly on the firing squad when there isnt a respectable coach who could have done more with what Lovie had.

Its Cub syndrome. The first thing to do is point blame and try some grass roots rebellion in ousting somebody just for the sake of ousting somebody. Hasnt worked for them for over 100 years last time I checked and it wouldnt work now for the Bears.

Let me know when Lovie gets fired, because it isnt gonna be this year.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:47 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Being better then Mark Sanchez is damning with very feint praise.
Of course, but what other options are out there?

Closed Thread