*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 04:03 AM
NHL Fanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSBSoupsta View Post
Seen Steelheads play 3 times this year, including home opener, and seen a few games on TV/online. while that's a small sample size I'm not seeing the same bad performance by Percy that people talk about in this thread. Sure, I'm a Leafs fan, and that probably screws with my judgement a bit, but Percy is the clear anchor of the defense, whether or not we have 8 or 9 d-men who could probably play in our top 6. He seems like the smoothest player out there, he has offensive upside, and he's relatively consistent on both sides of the ice from what I've said. Can anyone shine light on whether or not I'm correct here or if there's something I'm missing here...
The problem with Percy is his inconsistency and lack of toughness. I Percy's game because although he's not flashy, he just gets the job done. It's those simple suttle plays that can win games. But watching him as of late has been extremely tough. He's beginning to lose too many battles one on one, he lacks toughness along the walls and down low, and during certain stretches he gets beat wide too easily. He started off the season very strong but has slacked off since. Percy will be fine, and I expect him to elevate his game with the playoffs not too far off.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Shaun Bisson

Does anyone know if Hottot was suspended for his hit in the last game before the break? He's not listed in the line up for today's game, but I never saw a press release or a suspension video from the OHL.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:53 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bisson View Post
Does anyone know if Hottot was suspended for his hit in the last game before the break? He's not listed in the line up for today's game, but I never saw a press release or a suspension video from the OHL.
I think he may have a concussion. He was slammed into the turnbuckle in the game against Oshawa.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
superspitfan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I think he may have a concussion. He was slammed into the turnbuckle in the game against Oshawa.
Correct, Hottot went into the standard taking a hit in the first period of the game and has a minor concussion. Don't know how long he'll be out though.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:42 PM
superspitfan99

It's no secret that the rumor is Tesky and Graves have asked for trades. What's the consensus - will they get released to clear waivers or is there another team out there who will take them and at least get something in return? Given that these guys aren't worth a tonne, what will Boyd have to give up to acquire something on the front end?

Old
01-05-2013, 10:35 AM
superspitfan99

Was happy to see the effort put in as a team in last nights game against Niagara. Boyd must really be shopping Teskey out since he actually put him on the pp last night. That player has no business on a pp. the sad part is that Boyd has gone to great lengths to give that kid a chance to show something. Time to cut losses on a bust draft pick and cut him loose if no one wants him.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Luvtowatch

What's Boyd gonna do now? Too many losses lately against teams that we should have beat.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
What's Boyd gonna do now? Too many losses lately against teams that we should have beat.
Gotta sell. Barrie, Belleville and Oshawa are already ahead and will be adding! It's the smart move!

Old
01-07-2013, 05:39 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Gotta sell. Barrie, Belleville and Oshawa are already ahead and will be adding! It's the smart move!
Not necessarily. If Barrie loses Scheifele to the NHL, Niagara will lose Hamilton to the NHL. They could also possibly lose Strome and trade Ritchie. Oshawa could lose Jenner to the NHL. The East which is weak in comparison to the West becomes ultra weak. This could give a team like this leverage as they are a defensive team. Problem with this team is in the goal scoring aspect.

Selling is definitely a possibly but not an essential MUST move for this team. But would be the best thing for the future in retrospect.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Torts

when is the deadline????

Old
01-07-2013, 05:52 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
when is the deadline????
January 10th. Spoke with a couple OHL personnel and they say they highly doubt the trade deadline gets extended.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Torts

Quote:
January 10th. Spoke with a couple OHL personnel and they say they highly doubt the trade deadline gets extended.
thanks fanatic

as for what boydo does im not sure. id move teskey and graves and try to get an upgrade on them but other than that id stay put and see what happens due to the end of the lockout.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:46 PM
superspitfan99

Quote:
thanks fanatic

as for what boydo does im not sure. id move teskey and graves and try to get an upgrade on them but other than that id stay put and see what happens due to the end of the lockout.
Did you not say on the London blog that Brace and Demelo were speculated as being traded?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:54 PM
NHL Fanatic

While its confirmed as per Grant Syrette's twitter that he has been released by the Steelheads

Old
01-07-2013, 08:55 PM
izzys

Quote:
While its confirmed as per Grant Syrette's twitter that he has been released by the Steelheads
who was released?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:55 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheads101 View Post
Did you not say on the London blog that Brace and Demelo were speculated as being traded?
Not speculation, he just was proposing trade ideas. They should try to trade Brace, Demelo, Percy.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Torts

Quote:
i didnt have any sources its just something i would like to see happen. i personally say boyd will sit on his hands and do nothing though. hoping to be proved wrong, we need some more 94's and 95's that can actually contribute next season.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:08 PM
superspitfan99

Quote:
i didnt have any sources its just something i would like to see happen. i personally say boyd will sit on his hands and do nothing though. hoping to be proved wrong, we need some more 94's and 95's that can actually contribute next season.
Agreed, he's a fool if he doesn't trade and get something for the guys that aren't coming back next year. With other teams loading up Mississauga should have no choice but to set themselves up for next season at this point, but you are correct....Boyd might just sit back and be a spectator.

Old
01-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Torts

Quote:
Agreed, he's a fool if he doesn't trade and get something for the guys that aren't coming back next year. With other teams loading up Mississauga should have no choice but to set themselves up for next season at this point, but you are correct....Boyd might just sit back and be a spectator.
its tough.

as a fan and season ticket holder i don't wanna see those guys moved. they make the team better and ive watched them for upwards to 4 seasons now.

but in hindsight trading them would drastically help the team as DeMelo and Percy are not expected to stick with NHl clubs and it's Brace's last year.

decisions....decisions....

Old
01-08-2013, 06:00 PM
NHL Fanatic

Call me crazy but what would they acquire on the market for Smoskowitz. They should go all out, Smoskowitz, Brace, Percy, Demelo gain young assets and picks.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:19 AM
NHL Fanatic

Steelheads 2nd round prospect Jared Walsh committed to Michigan. 4th rounder Berton may be next.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Call me crazy but what would they acquire on the market for Smoskowitz. They should go all out, Smoskowitz, Brace, Percy, Demelo gain young assets and picks.
Probably a lot more than the 8th rd pick that was given up for him.
Wouldn't you need Smoskowitz next year as your leader on a young team?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Steelheads 2nd round prospect Jared Walsh committed to Michigan. 4th rounder Berton may be next.
Steelheads should not have taken Walsh in the 2nd. Could have had him later. Not big or physical enough for the OHL.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Steelheads should not have taken Walsh in the 2nd. Could have had him later. Not big or physical enough for the OHL.
....yet!

Old
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
....yet!
Exactly. 1st and 2nd rd picks are generally expected to make the team at 16.

Closed Thread