HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2013-2014

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2012, 11:00 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
I only saw the last period Vs Canada, so can't comment much on that game, but i saw the US game and wasn't particularly impressed with Rasmus. Wasn't that impressed with his mobility or defensive abilities. Only game though.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Hockeycast

vCash: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Anyone get a chance to see how Grimaldi and Trocheck looked today vs Finland?
The whole team looked pretty tired but i'd say that both Grimaldi and Trocheck were ok, i mean they didn't do any huge mistakes but they weren't spectacular either. Huberdeau had a really sweet shootout goal but aside from that he was a bit disappointing, i mean he didn't stand out the way i was expecting him to.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiGFwFMbnco

Hubs shootout goal vs Sweden today

Old
12-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycast View Post
The whole team looked pretty tired but i'd say that both Grimaldi and Trocheck were ok, i mean they didn't do any huge mistakes but they weren't spectacular either. Huberdeau had a really sweet shootout goal but aside from that he was a bit disappointing, i mean he didn't stand out the way i was expecting him to.
Rocco posted this on twitter this morning:

Quote:
Rocco Grimaldi ‏@RGrimaldi23

I was the worst player on the ice today. I did absolutely nothing and that is unacceptable. That CAN NOT and WILL NOT happen again
-ghoste

Old
12-23-2012, 10:43 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Grimaldi's tweet is admirable in a sense, but somewhat goes too far. Of course it can happen, and of course it will happen again. Don't see the need for the hyperbole.

Most of these exhibition games have been pretty dull. Little fluidity too them with few individuals stand out. Sometimes hockey can be really dull.

Impressed with basically no one on the US. Galchenyuk the exception. Very talented. None of their other forwards displayed anything to really rave about yet. Defense was ok. Gibson will be very solid for them. The US are medal contenders, but i don't think they have the top end skills forward wise that other teams have. Very fast team, but lacking individual one on one abilities IMO.

Canada has skill, but again, no fluidity yet and games were quite dull. Only caught one period of Huberdeau, didn't do anything, but judgements aren't based on ten minutes. Like Drouin alot.

Finland has some nice players. Armia is really talented. Barkov very good player. Teravainen is really fun to watch. Definite medal contenders.

Sweden has been odd. Not impressed with the D in the first game, not impressed with the Forwards in the 2nd game. Really like Forsberg, even if he hasn't been efficient in the 2 games i saw. Lots of ability there. Rakell is a really fun player to watch, if fustrating. Definitely a Top 6 NHL player IMO, if likely to be inconsistent. William Karlsson will be a nice NHL forward. Not really a fan of Collberg. Vikstrand is interesting, good pick by sens. Looking forward to seeing Elias Lindholm.

Hopefully the games pick up, because they've been pretty dull so far (admittedly didn't see Finland vs USA).

Old
12-23-2012, 02:57 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
This should probably be on the Rampage thread but why the hell did we trade away Mike Kostka? He was a good player when we had him, and now he has 26 points in 28 games for the Marlies.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Thanks for the info, it seems like we have a lot of prospects who should make it in the NHL, but I'm curious as to where they will end up. It looks like we have a boatload of third and fourth line guys.
Who do we have with top line potential though? Huberdeau and maybe Grimaldi? Where do you think Bjugstad fits in? Shore, Knight and Trocheck I hope will make nice second liners...
Then we have Rau, Howden, etc.
One thing is for sure, we won't be short on depth.
Bjugstad has been inconsistent this season, which is disappointing, but I still think he's a potential #1 center and likely #2.

The good thing is he's getting a lot of chances, he's just been a little snakebitten. Actually, Rau hasn't had a great season either. The two of them not playing their best definitely affects the whole line. Bjugstad is still one of the top scorers on his team, and once the races tighten in the spring I think Minny will really get it going. They have a powerhouse team this year, maybe the most talented in the NCAA, and sometimes it's a little too easy for them to not give 100%. Despite this, even the BIg Ten announcers a few weeks back called Bjugstad the most complete, NHL ready player in college hockey, and they don't really have a Minnesota bias. Fox Sports North does 99% of Minnesota games.

This year's draft is going to be terrific for forwards, and I think we will go forward this year. Our defense is solid so we can afford to pass up a d-man even if he's the BPA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I just wanted to stop by and say you guys have a good one with Rasmus Bengtsson for Sweden. He's really get a big opportunity with a lot of the known commodities out (Brodin, Klefbom, etc.) and he's displaying a very solid, mistake free game with flashes of PMD ability. Really impressed me today against Canada. Not sure why he's having so much trouble in the USHL relatively speaking.
I liked his game as well, I was really blown away because I wasn't expecting that after the whole thing with being loaned to the USHL etc. But actually Ray Ferraro was saying Bengtsson had a great year in the USHL and really blossomed as a player there, so maybe that was the best thing to happen to him. He just plays for a terrible team. Lindholm is out too now so he's going to get HUGE minutes the rest of the way.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
This should probably be on the Rampage thread but why the hell did we trade away Mike Kostka? He was a good player when we had him, and now he has 26 points in 28 games for the Marlies.
He's inconsistent, most of the time he plays worse defense than a traffic cone. Good offensively, but not a big loss. I like our defense in SA now, he was one of the ones who always let Markstrom down.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

A good matchup tonight between Minnesota Gophers and Boston College Eagles. Two of the top teams in college hockey with Bjugstad and Rau going up against Matheson. I'm glad I get to see more of Matheson, he has impressed me with what I've seen of him so far.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Nick Bjugstad scores 3 minutes into their game tonight against BC.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Bjugstad just scored a highlight reel goal to put the Gophers up 3-0 on BC. His second of the night, Kyle Rau also with a goal and an assist, the downside though is that Matheson has looked bad this game so far.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Bjugstad just looks so dominate in this game tonight. My goodness, this kid is a freakin beast!

Old
12-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Bjugstad just scored a highlight reel goal to put the Gophers up 3-0 on BC. His second of the night, Kyle Rau also with a goal and an assist, the downside though is that Matheson has looked bad this game so far.
What a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzV9d8ARXjA&sns=tw

-ghoste

Old
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Good lord. That man didn't care about anyone's feelings. What a move.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
WOW... What a move

Old
12-30-2012, 11:15 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
A big man is not supposed to do things like that..

Old
12-31-2012, 12:56 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Good lord. That man didn't care about anyone's feelings. What a move.
This made me crack up! Bjugs just kinda pushes the BC player aside and goes for the goal.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Bjugstad had a spectacular game, 2G 2A +4, over 50% faceoffs. He could have realistically scored 4-5 goals. And this is against the #1 team in the nation! Rau was very sharp tonight too, 2G 1A, I don't know what these guys did over break but it worked. Matheson was just OK early, but got better later on. He had a nice PP assist. That kid is so good, I like him more than Petrovic now. The whole BC team was just abused tonight, but I thought Matheson maintained good composure.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:40 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
And Vancouver fans really think we're going trade him for Luongo.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:43 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
And Vancouver fans really think we're going trade him for Luongo.
I like Vancouver fans. They amuse.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:33 AM
RainingRats

Bjugstad is the real deal. I really hope Weiss stays with us next year to mentor him and let him slot in the second line center slot.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:11 PM
collegehockeyguy

think it was mentioned earlier, but rau had 2 goals as well. and brought his physicality (as usual)

http://snpy.tv/Vsn6KM

Old
01-03-2013, 07:55 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Huberdeau has been in everyone's doghouse. People calling him the next Tanguay.

Grimaldi did not look the same player from the Sioux. He was pretty selfish at times and made a good amount of mistakes; trying to do it all himself, etc. A really bad showing from him. Trocheck was solid and he displaying a lot of great qualities.

I watch a lot of Sioux games and the Grimaldi I've seen in this tournament is nothing like the one I've been watching this year. But, I'm glad that he's going through these growing pains as hockey player. Tallon drafted this kid because of his attitude and character, so I suspect he has enough drive to take his game to the next level. Otherwise, he'll have to leave his dream of playing in the nhl at the door because he will never succeed if he performs like that every night. We'll see how he responds to his dismal performance at the WJC.

Last edited by AaronEkbald: 01-03-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old
01-03-2013, 08:26 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Bjugstad is the real deal. I really hope Weiss stays with us next year to mentor him and let him slot in the second line center slot.
This kid looks to be a great piece of the puzzle for the future.

IMO, there's no way they lose Weiss. He's too important for the development of guys like Bjugstad and Hubereau.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Huberdeau has been in everyone's doghouse. People calling him the next Tanguay.

Grimaldi did not look the same player from the Sioux. He was pretty selfish at times and made a good amount of mistakes; trying to do it all himself, etc. A really bad showing from him. Trocheck was solid and he displaying a lot of great qualities.

I watch a lot of Sioux games and the Grimaldi I've seen in this tournament is nothing like the one I've been watching this year. But, I'm glad that he's going through these growing pains as hockey player. Tallon drafted this kid because of his attitude and character, so I suspect he has enough drive to take his game to the next level. Otherwise, he'll have to leave his dream of playing in the nhl at the door because he will never succeed if he performs like that every night. We'll see how he responds to his dismal performance at the WJC.
Well as far as Huberdeau goes, it's not nearly as bad as they make it out to be, he has been scoring pretty much every game. And if it wasn't for Gibson he could of had two or three points in this game. I think he's doing fine. Every game is not going to be a Lemieux highlight film. Every tournament is not going to be a like that either. And I think you're right about Grimaldi learning from this experience. I think this is all just part of his development. It forces him to bring more elements to his game other than pure physical talent. He just needs better decision making. Even still, he has been creating offensive opportunities throughout the tournament. If some of those end up in the net people would not be as critical.

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 01-03-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Closed Thread