HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Plekanec

Old
12-30-2012, 02:15 PM
glenbuis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
You, as someone who has NO idea as to the going ons of the dressing room, makes ridiculous assumptions that Subban is having a negative impact on the team. You have absolutely no reasoning or definitive evidence, save for "heat of the moment" altercations between teammates in a bad season for everyone. The only fist fight I've ever been in was with my best friend. Friends and teammates don't always have to get along, conflict is BOUND to arise. Stop with trying to give away Subban for lesser pieces because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Trying to pry Bogosian out of Winnipeg is hardly a lesser piece. I doubt they would even contemplate it anyway. There seemed to be 4 heat of the moment altercations last year with teammates and subban was in every one of them. I know just a coincidence. Then there was the Darche interview when Subban piped in saying " what is this your retirement interview" ? But Darche politely asked the reporters to give pk some attention. Or did you see the look patches gave subban the time he almost tore his head off with a slapshot. It just seems to me that pk gotta be in the spotlight all the time. You can't seriously tell me that the stick swinging incident with Desharnais didn't alarm you.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:31 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Dude, I saw that 'subban-desharnais incident' and it was nothing, literally, nothing.... Subban checking too hard, tiny man whining a bit... Come on now...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:38 PM
TurdFerguson

I don't really think Montreal is looking for a rebuild. It seems pretty clear that they just tanked for a pick late last season when they realized they weren't making the playoffs.

They'll be in the running for a low playoff spot when hockey returns.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Chacal667

dude subban is an intense player, you can't ask him to go in a corner and be quiet ( like kostitsin was ), at least the coach don't have motivate him to get him in the game. He is passionated so sometime that intensity that he continue to show in practice disturb his teamates and this is normal especially when you have a bad season.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:01 PM
glenbuis

I respect your strong support for Subban. He is a workhorse and incredible talent. Myself if i could have bogo or subban , i would take bogo. I have a feeling that the first time that subban gets a little to fancy or showboating that the new coach will nip it in the bud very quickly. These heat of the moment altercations i hope will be a thing of the past. I think it is very important that teammates get along because you run the danger of small cliques forming which are never good for team chemistry.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Chacal667

well you're free to have your opinion but I do not agree

Old
12-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'd be very tempted. Throw in Raymond and you've got a deal. I'll even throw a 3rd in there or perhaps a 2nd.

Maybe I'm just high on Gaunce though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No need for Raymond at all.

Gaunce and a 1st is fair value. It also gives us a good problem later on. Who's the 3rd line centre ? Eller,or Gaunce ? Or, maybe Gaunce can move to wing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Done. Much as it would be comical a player that annoys me on my favorite goes to my second favorite team.

I do believe Raymond could find his niche again, especially on a team more geared his style. He needs linemates to cover for his deficiencies when gaining the zone. A problem is Kesler tends to rely on only himself in those scenarios, whereas Pacioretty or Cole are liable to grind the boards and leave Raymond to do his thing. If he can settle down and not attempt physicality, Raymond is a great speedster defensive player. I wouldn't line him up with Gionta though. He needs a bigger linemate. Even if Gio plays bigger than his size suggests.
Yes too all of this. Even with addition of Kaberle and Raymond, I think we could have a trade to be done, but.....we would be taking a lot of salary...so I think we'd have to negotiate a little more, but I like the basis.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:36 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
dude subban is an intense player, you can't ask him to go in a corner and be quiet ( like kostitsin was ), at least the coach don't have motivate him to get him in the game. He is passionated so sometime that intensity that he continue to show in practice disturb his teamates and this is normal especially when you have a bad season.
Well i would be the first to admit that Subban will be untouchable if he matures and these incidents become a thing of the past. I really believe that Therrien will quickly illustrate that this is his team and if anyone wants to put himself before the team that he will put them in their place quickly. I just have this nagging feeling that we haven't seen the last of these STUPID incidents.

Old
12-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I don't really think Montreal is looking for a rebuild. It seems pretty clear that they just tanked for a pick late last season when they realized they weren't making the playoffs.

They'll be in the running for a low playoff spot when hockey returns.
We would still have Desharnais, Galchenyuk and Eller as centers, so trading Plekanec does not mean total rebuild. It's all about get top talent on the wings to assure longterm success. We have an awesome core now, we jut have a couple holes to fill out and Plekanec is the best bet for max value.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:27 PM
pcamp

Lets get back on topic, Sweech would you do a trade in the mold of Plekanec for Trouba + cond 2013 1rst (Jets choose if its 2013 or 2014)

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Chacal667

btw we could keep plekanec and just put galchenyuk at his left

gally - plecky - gionta
pacc - desharnais - cole

Old
12-30-2012, 09:43 PM
glenbuis

Make the firsat unconditional and we could have a deal.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
Lets get back on topic, Sweech would you do a trade in the mold of Plekanec for Trouba + cond 2013 1rst (Jets choose if its 2013 or 2014)
Habs fan here and there's no way the Jets go for that. I'm sure they wouldn't trade Trouba straight up for Pleks.

I'd think about offerring Eller for Trouba, Eller being worth more then Pleks on account of age plus I'd doubt Pleks would lift his NTC to play for the Jets.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Jax Teller

Tyler Biggs + Brad Ross or Joshua Leivo + 2nd in 2013

Jax Teller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:46 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Habs fan here and there's no way the Jets go for that. I'm sure they wouldn't trade Trouba straight up for Pleks.

I'd think about offerring Eller for Trouba, Eller being worth more then Pleks on account of age plus I'd doubt Pleks would lift his NTC to play for the Jets.
I think Trouba is worth Eller but Pleks is a 1b centre or a great 2, two way centreman, he's worth Trouba + Wellwood? Not 100% on Trouba's value, but its far less than Pleks imo.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:21 AM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Hjalmarsson, Saad, and Jimmy Hayes for Plekanec, Weber, and a 2013 3rd.
You just basically added to Chicago and not Montreal in terms of value. Not fair for Chicago imo

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
You just basically added to Chicago and not Montreal in terms of value. Not fair for Chicago imo
I have managed to get agreements from Hawks fans in other threads for a package of: Plekanec + 3rd for Saad, Jimmy Hayes, and 1st. However, that was with the 70 million salary cap. With a 60 million dollar cap, and Plekanec's salary, I had to put Hjalmarsson into the deal for salary purposes, replacing the 2013 1st which, to be fair, Montreal would prefer. Hjalmarsson is not worth a 1st in the 2013 draft, but he is good enough to play for us and helps balance Plekanec's salary hit.

It might need tweaking, but I think it is fair. Weber might need to be replaced with a different prospect depending upon what Chicago might want.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
That plus what the heck are the Habs suppose to do with Hjalmarsson? We have Markov, Emelin, Gorges, Subban, Kaberle, Bouillon, Diaz and Weber + Tinordi and Beaulieu are really close to being NHL ready. We don't need any defensmen.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Just so we're on record here.

Plekanec
Kaberle

Raymond
Gaunce
1st

Obviously prefer no Kaberle but with a possible amnesty buyout. He is a non-issue.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Just so we're on record here.

Plekanec
Kaberle

Raymond
Gaunce
1st

Obviously prefer no Kaberle but with a possible amnesty buyout. He is a non-issue.
Why would Montreal get/or want Gaunce? We already have Bournival, Vail, Leblanc and maybe Geoffrion who I think are equal to Gaunce. Plus we have 3 - 2nd round picks in this draft, if we need someone like that then that will be the time to get a player like Gaunce.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Why would Montreal get/or want Gaunce? We already have Bournival, Vail, Leblanc and maybe Geoffrion who I think are equal to Gaunce. Plus we have 3 - 2nd round picks in this draft, if we need someone like that then that will be the time to get a player like Gaunce.
I know some Canuck fans would be against this but seeing as how our window is closing would any MTL fans be willing to do Kassian and Raymond for Plekanec?

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 06:24 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
I think Trouba is worth Eller but Pleks is a 1b centre or a great 2, two way centreman, he's worth Trouba + Wellwood? Not 100% on Trouba's value, but its far less than Pleks imo.
What in the name of god would you want wellwood for ? I hope it's for a spot in the front office or something. We've had enough little guys since forever. Think big.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:27 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
I know some Canuck fans would be against this but seeing as how our window is closing would any MTL fans be willing to do Kassian and Raymond for Plekanec?
Kassian, Gaunce and a first maybe but you can keep Raymond.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:44 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Well I would love to have Bogosian on the habs. What else with Plekanac would be needed to make this happen?
How times change, lol. I remember when Atlanta fans wanted to dump Bogosian for almost anything of value.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 07:04 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
How times change, lol. I remember when Atlanta fans wanted to dump Bogosian for almost anything of value.
It happens with defenceman all the time. It takes 5-6 yrs before they really get comfy. (some exceptions). Watching Seth Jones, I think he is an exception. If i had the first overall pick today, it would be him. For a big lad, he can move.