HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Orca Smash

vCash: 500
Did not see the game today but did arniel keep schroeder and kassian on the same line? I liked what I seen with archibald as well on the other wing last night.

But knowing arniell he probably blew it up.

Old
12-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Whale

The hate here for Haydar Sterling and Ebbett must be from fans who haven't watched the wolves much this year. Haydar had a rough start, but the other two have consistently lead the way while Schroeder and Kassian have been pretty up and down in their play.

Haydar is second all time in scoring for the Wolves, Sterling is 4th, they have won a calder cup for them.

If our guys were PPG, then ok maybe they have earned it, but at this point those guys have a ton of seniority.

And it showed last night, the line that got us going in that game was not the Schroeder line, it was a two minute shift by the Haydar line.

Haha.... just watched the highlights, seriously.... makes the commentary here seem like it's from Mars

Last edited by Whale: 12-30-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

theshaves:
Quote:
“@platour68: #ChicagoWolves victory comes with price. Lost Friesen (broken hand) and Longpre (shoulder) to bad injuries.” Tough win today.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:05 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
The hate here for Haydar Sterling and Ebbett must be from fans who haven't watched the wolves much this year. Haydar had a rough start, but the other two have consistently lead the way while Schroeder and Kassian have been pretty up and down in their play.

Haydar is second all time in scoring for the Wolves, Sterling is 4th, they have won a calder cup for them.

If our guys were PPG, then ok maybe they have earned it, but at this point those guys have a ton of seniority.

And it showed last night, the line that got us going in that game was not the Schroeder line, it was a two minute shift by the Haydar line.
Sterling has been the best out of those 3 so he's been fine, whereas Ebbett and Haydar - especially early on - were not. And seniority should not matter if you're consistently not performing - at least it's not enough to justify them getting so many prime opportunities again and again. Consider that even with them getting so much PP time, those 2 are still producing less than JS and ZK on a point-per-game basis. The Archibald - Schroeder - Kassian line was the best one yesterday, yet who's out there in the final minutes trying to tie it up? Haydar and Ebbett.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:06 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
theshaves:
Ouch, 2 centres out? Gotta think Mallet is coming back up.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Bieksa#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
theshaves:
broken hand from the fight he had?

Old
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

Haha.... just watched the highlights, seriously.... makes the commentary here seem like it's from Mars
You watched a highlight pack and now you're an expert?

How did the line that provided ALL the scoring last night not turn the game?

I haven't had a problem with Sterling at all, most of my disdain is for haydar.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Ouch, 2 centres out? Gotta think Mallet is coming back up.
Could be. He got his 2nd if the season the other night.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
And thanks to Chancellor Vitale for sharing your thoughts with us, much appreciated.
Sure thing.

Did anyone see if Tanev was in the lineup today? I want to find out what the deal is with his arm from last night.

I'm almost positive it was him. He got run into the boards, skated away holding his arm funny, disappeared on the bench, then the jumbotron showed someone's arm with a huge lump on it, then Tanev skated off a few minutes later and came back. But I can't find a thing on the Wolves site about it. Maybe burst a blood vessel or something and not a break? Trying to think what else could make it swell like that. I suppose it's possible they were showing someone else's arm but that would be a weird coincidence....

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 12-30-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old
12-31-2012, 01:20 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by IComeInPeace View Post
Your expectations are not based on reality. This type of unrealistic expectations destroys young players.

Your post should cause you to reflect on how skewed your vision is, and how YOU may be the one that needs to reevaluate how you see ZK, and likely all of our players.

Let's say he gets only 20 shifts in a game, and instead of a hit every shift (as you'd prefer), he 'only' throws one every second shift...

That is 10 hits per game, or 820 for the season.
200 hits would lead most teams in hits in the NHL.

You're only expecting him to outdo the best hitters in the NHL by 400%.

You're frustrated. That skews how we see things sometimes.

LOL yeah no ****.

Its seems that based on the ridiculous posts in here and from last season some people expectations of Kassian means he should have been drafted first overall.

A big guy who fights and kicks ass, hits every second shift, makes great passes, scores some goals and doesnt make mistakes.

FFS even a guys like Lindros didnt manage all that.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:21 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Sure thing.

Did anyone see if Tanev was in the lineup today? I want to find out what the deal is with his arm from last night.

I'm almost positive it was him. He got run into the boards, skated away holding his arm funny, disappeared on the bench, then the jumbotron showed someone's arm with a huge lump on it, then Tanev skated off a few minutes later and came back. But I can't find a thing on the Wolves site about it. Maybe burst a blood vessel or something and not a break? Trying to think what else could make it swell like that. I suppose it's possible they were showing someone else's arm but that would be a weird coincidence....
He actually got hit by a puck in the arm which is what caused all the swelling...

Could just be a hematoma who's swelling went down quickly.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:49 AM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IComeInPeace View Post
Your expectations are not based on reality. This type of unrealistic expectations destroys young players.

Your post should cause you to reflect on how skewed your vision is, and how YOU may be the one that needs to reevaluate how you see ZK, and likely all of our players.

Let's say he gets only 20 shifts in a game, and instead of a hit every shift (as you'd prefer), he 'only' throws one every second shift...

That is 10 hits per game, or 820 for the season.
200 hits would lead most teams in hits in the NHL.

You're only expecting him to outdo the best hitters in the NHL by 400%.

You're frustrated. That skews how we see things sometimes.
Right on the money!

Peoples expectations are beyond idiotic.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:05 AM
Wisp

Generally I like to be contradictory with the general opinion around here but Haydar is not someone I feel is doing especially well.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:30 AM
Tiranis

Quote:

Orcatown and I have commented on almost every single game this year right in this very thread. This is probably, what, the 2nd time that you've shown up around here? I might disagree with him occasionally but your commentary is so far off base I don't think you have ever even watched the Wolves.

Haydar has been piss poor all year. And the line that mounted the comeback last night was most certainly the Kassian - Schroeder - Archibald line which provided the only 2 goals of the night. Meanwhile Haydar and Ebbett were absolutely pathetic last night. Hell, guess which line allowed the GWG last night?

There's no doubt that it's Kassian, Schroeder, and Sterling driving the play offensively for the Wolves all year long. Ebbett has mostly benefitted from cushy minutes and good linemates (Kassian, Sterling). Haydar I won't even comment on, anyone that has actually watched the Wolves knows how poor he has been.

Last edited by Tiranis: 12-31-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 02:46 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Interesting thing I just saw is that Kassian and Schroeder have only one PP goal between them.
Kassian has picked up a decent number of assists on the PP, but Schroeder being on the 2nd unit only has 2 or 3 PP points all year. He's done most his damage at ES.

I actually posted earlier this month comparing Schroeder's production at ES to other top players and he was pretty much tied with all the AHL top scorers (and other top prospects). It's just his PP production that has not been where it should be.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:33 AM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
I don't want to argue for the sake of arguing, believe me I'm a huge ZK fan but like I said just because he's got a couple helpers doesn't mean he's playing up to standards or "playing well"

I mean there's no excuse for not playing with an edge. There should be no reason why he can't throw at least 1 hit per shift. Hell even 1 hit every second shift. My point is its hard to score and put points up on the board, but it's easier to go out there and cause trouble, hit, intimidate, scrap every once in a while. At least come off the ice breathless and beat because you just skated our ass off your whole shift.

He just isn't doing ANY of those things
Oooof, are you ****ing kidding?
The NHL leader in hits last year recorded roughly one hit every 3.75 shifts. And that's a guy that is paying like 10min/game and not being looked at to generate offense.
Dustin Brown, second in the league in hits, generated one hit every 6.9something shifts.
Cal Clutterbuck, in third, was one every 5.95.

And yet Kassian is supposed to crank out a hit per shift, while also fighting and scoring? Geez - dial it back a little.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:46 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Ooh, man I knew Friesen was hurt at the end of the fight, he either punched the guys visor or missed and hit the glass and it visibly stung him, good scrap for the little guy though, needs to work on his aim a bit.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:50 AM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
The NHL leader in hits last year recorded roughly one hit every 3.75 shifts. And that's a guy that is paying like 10min/game and not being looked at to generate offense.
Dustin Brown, second in the league in hits, generated one hit every 6.9something shifts.

And yet Kassian is supposed to crank out a hit per shift, while also fighting and scoring? Geez - dial it back a little.
I'm disappointed I missed that quote originally but I'm glad you pointed it out. Golden.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:04 AM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
I'm disappointed I missed that quote originally but I'm glad you pointed it out. Golden.
I liked the one that pointed out even conservatively at one hit every other shift, he would have over 800 hits, and 4 times more than anyone else in the League.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:09 AM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I liked the one that pointed out even conservatively at one hit every other shift, he would have over 800 hits, and 4 times more than anyone else in the League.
Well yeah, that would probably only shatter the professional hockey record for hits in one season but I don't know if that's good enough for some people.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:13 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Kassian just isn't trying hard enough.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post

The best part of it all is these jokers want HITS not hits.

Those hit numbers above are for hits with the occasional HIT mixed in.

The idea that a player can consistently SMASH guys game in game out is beyond absurd.

Not to mention all the other duties needing tending to during a game.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:40 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

I didn't even laugh when I first saw that thing about Kassian needing to hit more, but with the way you guys have put it...

Old
12-31-2012, 07:43 AM
stevecanuck16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
The best part of it all is these jokers want HITS not hits.

Those hit numbers above are for hits with the occasional HIT mixed in.

The idea that a player can consistently SMASH guys game in game out is beyond absurd.

Not to mention all the other duties needing tending to during a game.
Exactly. Kassian can throw HITS and has shown that he can, and that's enough to have players always looking over their shoulders when they're out there. It's a pretty rare quality.

EDIT: Just noticed I just all 3 of their/they're/there in close succession. Neat.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:03 AM
L4cer8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecanuck16 View Post
Exactly. Kassian can throw HITS and has shown that he can, and that's enough to have players always looking over their shoulders when they're out there. It's a pretty rare quality.

EDIT: Just noticed I just all 3 of their/they're/there in close succession. Neat.
That's a big asset to have people fear you. He is going to be very important to our franchise moving forward.

Closed Thread