HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Staal to LA

Old
12-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Ronk

vCash: 500
As a king fan I dont see how there is hesitation here. Id do the first trade in a second. The second one, not so much.

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:26 PM
WTFMAN99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Not really:
Stoll (2011-2012): 6-15 = 21

Kelly (2010-2011): 14-14 = 28

Madden (2009-2010): 10-12 = 23

Staal (2008-2009): 22-27 =49

Boyle (2011-2012): 11-15 = 26

Outside of Staal (who is hardly a true #3 center), Boyle mathes fairly well with the previous three Cup-winning third line centers.
To be fair,

Stoll matched a career worst in LA during the regular season, they were not functioning well and only when Sutter came in did he start to work well

Kelly was on a god awful Senator's team

Madden was the 4th line C I am pretty sure, but he is an offensive black hole. I think the way it was structured was that it was Toews-Sharp-Bolland-Madden, but Sharp may have moved to the wings at times.

Staal is not a true #3 C, agreed.

I am a big Boyle fan and he was a heart and soul player for you guys in the play-offs before he got injured.

I think even before then, either Flippula or Hudler would of been the Detroit 3rd line C (don't quote me on it but I remember Helm came up in the play-offs),

I thought it would be a luxary for you guys though if you could get either Boyle on the wing or at 4th line C, but he shows up in the play-offs, maybe not so much on the stat sheet but he makes the other team play tough minutes by finishing his check or screening the goal.

Not knocking Boyle, I think if theres a season, NYR are one of the teams to beat.

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:35 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
You should re-read my post. I thought it was complimentary towards your pov typically and also, who called or even hinted at you being a hater? I have read you say things about Stoll that have been highly critical in the past and that is all that I have said.

DL just signed him to a new contract and said that he believes that he owed JS a couple of years centering two high end wings or something to
While you are pointing out Stoll's low O output you are overlooking his stellar D game. Not saying that he shouldn't be putting up more O numbers but I will say that he has been doing exactly what was asked of him everywhere else.that effect.

Whoever called you a hater is wrong imo. Misunderstood? Maybe?
Well I think it was a strange way to compliment a person but that must be me..thanks anyway.

I'm not a Stoll hater at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I like F63's take from time to time and wouldn't take anything he says too personally. He hates Stoll like I hated Jones and before him Igor Liba and before him Butsy Erikson so I can relate to the concept.
Am I missing something or did somebody hack your account ? I'm not blind you know.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:08 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Maybe Mr isghost is confusing you with kurrilino?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Well I think it was a strange way to compliment a person but that must be me..thanks anyway.

I'm not a Stoll hater at all.

Am I missing something or did somebody hack your account ? I'm not blind you know.

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
Maybe Mr isghost is confusing you with kurrilino?
Not sure if that is good or bad news.

But indeed, he dislikes Stoll.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 07:06 AM
txpd

i am not sure why anyone other than carolina would trade for a staal. they seem to have agreed that they want to play together and for the canes. any other team only gets staal til he achieves ufa status.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
To be fair,

Stoll matched a career worst in LA during the regular season, they were not functioning well and only when Sutter came in did he start to work well

Kelly was on a god awful Senator's team

Madden was the 4th line C I am pretty sure, but he is an offensive black hole. I think the way it was structured was that it was Toews-Sharp-Bolland-Madden, but Sharp may have moved to the wings at times.

Staal is not a true #3 C, agreed.

I am a big Boyle fan and he was a heart and soul player for you guys in the play-offs before he got injured.

I think even before then, either Flippula or Hudler would of been the Detroit 3rd line C (don't quote me on it but I remember Helm came up in the play-offs),

I thought it would be a luxary for you guys though if you could get either Boyle on the wing or at 4th line C, but he shows up in the play-offs, maybe not so much on the stat sheet but he makes the other team play tough minutes by finishing his check or screening the goal.

Not knocking Boyle, I think if theres a season, NYR are one of the teams to beat.
I am happy for NYR fans that Boyle managed to become a nhl regular but Stoll is a better player then him by quite a fair margin.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:34 AM
NYR Viper

I have to laugh at the people saying the Rangers should trade a top pairing, 25 year old defenseman who is wearing an 'A' on his sweater for a 3rd line center +. Pass. We'll hold onto our valuable players.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:37 AM
bigbuffalo313

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i am not sure why anyone other than carolina would trade for a staal. they seem to have agreed that they want to play together and for the canes. any other team only gets staal til he achieves ufa status.
When did they say that?

bigbuffalo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuffalo313 View Post
When did they say that?
I was wondering the same thing.

12-31-2012, 11:56 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac125330 View Post
Back off. All Staals belong to Carolina!
This is pretty much what should be said.

The only thing keeping Staal off the 'Canes roster is loyalty to the Rangers. If he gets traded to LA he's walking over to Carolina as soon as that current contract expires.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
This is pretty much what should be said.

The only thing keeping Staal off the 'Canes roster is loyalty to the Rangers. If he gets traded to LA he's walking over to Carolina as soon as that current contract expires.
The only thing keeping Staal of the 'Canes roster is a contract to the Rangers. Not, loyalty.

Even if he doesn't get traded, he still might be destined to play in Carolina. There's also a chance that if he does get traded to LA, he re-ups there when his contract expires in '15.

What's Carolina's cap space going to look like when Marc hit's UFA? Will they value him as high as some other clubs? If a team offers him a stupid contract, will Marc jump on the money or try and complete the Staal-Trifecta in Releigh?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 08:31 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Horrendous. Painful, truly. Just the OP and all subsequent suggestions by him are major NOs from NY.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Personally, I see it as a poor investment to trade for Staal. While there is a strong possibility he plans to ink his career with the Rangers, no such loyalty would exist for a new team and I see it far more likely he moves on to Carolina once his contract runs up. Of course, this does not alter New York's demands. I'm curious if New York will try to move him for good value prior to said contract though. Some teams may be desperate enough to try it.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote