HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 8.0 - "Time on Ice" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 04:53 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalHabsGal View Post
1A Gally, ok periode for the moment, omg I hate Kuraly

edit: no assist what is that
Likely will be changed.

1st period:
5 shifts - 4:01 TOI
ES - 3:41
PP - 0:29

Last three minutes were served on a PK, which Gally doesn't play. Housley had his line sit for a bit after the Slovak's first goal. Not bad ice time considering the major penalty and the fact that they have not looked good at all, so far.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:54 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Was that one of the worst calls in the history of calls?
A five and a game is way too much. A minor penalty would have sufficed.

Nice delayed reaction too. Sorry, I've been speared between the legs like that too during games and the pain comes right away.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:02 AM
GalHabsGal

vCash: 500
Ooooo on TSN Summary he got a assist

Last edited by GalHabsGal: 12-31-2012 at 05:03 AM. Reason: fix
Old
12-31-2012, 05:09 AM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to Carey Commit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalHabsGal View Post
Ooooo on TSN Summary he got a assist
IIHF updated and he has an assist.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:10 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Galchenyuk just doesn't seem to really fit in well with the rest of the team's style of play. He also doesn't look very fast.

Still you can see the tools are there.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Well with that result so far, you can bet Gally is now a member of the 4th line. Everybody is contributing but his line. Obviously, Housley would not think to give him guys like Trocheck, Lucia or anybody not named Barber and Kuraly.....Looks totally disinterested. If true, not the right attitude to have no matter if you are extremely right. Should I repeat...EXTREMELY right. Yet the end result is that in a short tournament like that, Housley will ride what works. And that's not his line.

But hey....this is the Habs we are talking about. Last time we had a star in this tournament was Subban. And yet, people loved to bash him anytime they could. Then Price....but most were saying that he had an incredibly strong team in front of him.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 12-31-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 05:29 AM
Danleri

Gally's not doing anything atm, kind of disappointing in such a high scoring game. I keep waiting for him to take control but it's not happening.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:30 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleri View Post
Gally's not doing anything atm, kind of disappointing in such a high scoring game. I keep waiting for him to take control but it's not happening.
He currently is sitting on 1:49 TOI in the 2nd period. Not sure what you want him to do. US continues to take penalties, so we won't see too much of him.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleri View Post
Not going to happen. Not at the taking control stage at that level. With his team, surely. Not here. Not with the players he play with. And too late for this game as his contribution if it happens, have no meaning in such a blowout that late in a game. Problem is that he is a kid who gets frustrated really quickly and that might not bode well for the rest of the tournament. And especially with the confidence that all of the other lines are giving Housley right now.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:40 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
2nd period:
5 shifts - 3:39 TOI
ES - 2:06
PP - 1:33

No shots on net, 2 turnovers.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:46 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Really bad bad showing. Not only for today's game but for the rest of the tournament.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:04 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Really bad bad showing. Not only for today's game but for the rest of the tournament.
Carefull you will be eaten alive by some prestigious poster here (lol). I personally wouldnt say he had a bad tournament he did have 1 amazing game... other than that despite the ice time... he was so-so with so-so ice time (this gamebis something else tough from the ice time i have read) its non excuse at least those on the main board saying Housley was managing his ice time are pretty much... speachless or will most likely say he suck thats why he doesnt play.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:21 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Carefull you will be eaten alive by some prestigious poster here (lol). I personally wouldnt say he had a bad tournament he did have 1 amazing game... other than that despite the ice time... he was so-so with so-so ice time (this gamebis something else tough from the ice time i have read) its non excuse at least those on the main board saying Housley was managing his ice time are pretty much... speachless or will most likely say he suck thats why he doesnt play.
I was talking about today despite the late goal AND the rest of the tournament that is coming. Not the past games though he could have been better. And it's more of a matter of others giving Housley more faith in them than him and his line. Instead of trying to mix it up, Housely will most definately keep the same lines. And Kuraly, Barber and him DO NOT WORK.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:22 AM
David_99

Yay, a late goal!

Old
12-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Galchenyuk just doesn't seem to really fit in well with the rest of the team's style of play. He also doesn't look very fast.

Still you can see the tools are there.
Not sure how he looks but he is a fast and agile skater. Maybe it's because he doesn't run around like a chicken with it's head cut off like a lot of US players.

They have more of a grinding team that passes back to the point and drives in for rebounds than a great tic tac toe passing team.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:33 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
16 shifts - 13:42 TOI
ES - 8:35
PP - 5:07

1 shot, 1 goal, -1, 3 turnovers.

EDIT: IIHF gave the assist to Galchenyuk on the Trouba goal. 1 goal, 1 assist.

Last edited by Shawn Wilken: 12-31-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 06:49 AM
NewHabsEra*

It wasnt a very good game by Gally in the whole, he isnt playing with alot of confidence right now but his 2 pts put him 2nd best scorer of the tournament so far..

Old
12-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
It wasnt a very good game by Gally in the whole, he isnt playing with alot of confidence right now but his 2 pts put him 2nd best scorer of the tournament so far..
Yup indeniable fact.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
...and 3 more points(in 4 games) than anybody on the USA team. Not bad for a guy who is supposedly "disapointing".

If he was ptting up MacKinnon numbers people would be calling for Bergevin's head.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:59 AM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Well with that result so far, you can bet Gally is now a member of the 4th line. Everybody is contributing but his line. Obviously, Housley would not think to give him guys like Trocheck, Lucia or anybody not named Barber and Kuraly.....Looks totally disinterested. If true, not the right attitude to have no matter if you are extremely right. Should I repeat...EXTREMELY right. Yet the end result is that in a short tournament like that, Housley will ride what works. And that's not his line.

But hey....this is the Habs we are talking about. Last time we had a star in this tournament was Subban. And yet, people loved to bash him anytime they could. Then Price....but most were saying that he had an incredibly strong team in front of him.
As I have posted previously, despite being frustrated, Galchenyuk hasn't resorted to becoming a [selfish] puckhog like other players (haven't seen the Svk game yet), which I think is significant. Also, he has contributed thus far pointwise more so than any other player. I don't see how hasn't shown to be a player "that works". Despite this, the coach seems to be waiting for ANY other player/line to contribute, waiting and waiting, and, no surprise, some players appear to break out against Svk while Gally's line flounders.

It's a good indicator that he was placed on a blackhole of a line when he can still somehow manage to get points with his whole line apparently being stapled to the bench, and getting more points than his linemates. I can sympathize with him being disinterested. What more is he supposed to do.

Edit: Just noticed that his linemates are 5th and 6th rounders. Not that those can't pan out, but... come on, really? The probability that they're as good as other first round players is pretty low.

Last edited by jedimyrmidon: 12-31-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Worst 2 point performance ever?

Now the real stuff begins. Hopefully he kicks it into another gear. He played today like a player who is either injured or sick. No need to panic though.

At least TSN showed Anna a few times.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 12-31-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Andy

i think it's time to bring back out the "Galchenbust" again.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:05 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Didn't even watch the game. Read comments, thought USA lost, checked the score, checked Gally's stats. Second best scorer in the tournament while not getting top line minutes:

Old
12-31-2012, 08:07 AM
shutehinside

I've seen every US game and not to make excuses for Gally but what exactly is the problem everyone seems to rag on? He's 2nd in tourney scoring behind 1 guy who should be in the NHL on a stacked team. He's done all he's been asked to on what everyone knows is not his natural position and what everyone knows to be sub par line mates in an effort to spread the scoring.

Has he been the main driving force for the US? not really, but again, he's not been asked to or been put in a position to do so by Housley. For what he's done and how he's done it, I think he's doing a pretty remarkable job. Far better than just about every other player not named Ryan Nuggent-Hopkins, who plays first line at his natural position on the best team and who's he's only behind by 1 point. Yeah, huge bust.

Some of you need a good shake.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I've seen every US game and not to make excuses for Gally but what exactly is the problem everyone seems to rag on? He's 2nd in tourney scoring behind 1 guy who should be in the NHL on a stacked team. He's done all he's been asked to on what everyone knows is not his natural position and what everyone knows to be sub par line mates in an effort to spread the scoring.

Has he been the main driving force for the US? not really, but again, he's not been asked to or been put in a position to do so by Housley. For what he's done and how he's done it, I think he's doing a pretty remarkable job. Far better than just about every other player not named Ryan Nuggent-Hopkins, who plays first line at his natural position on the best team and who's he's only behind by 1 point. Yeah, huge bust.

Some of you need a good shake.
The last three games he has been off...any huge Gally fan would admit that.

Closed Thread