HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buyouts per team

Old
12-30-2012, 08:58 PM
arshonagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Philly will have Coburn, Grossmann, Mezsaros, Schenn, Gervais under contract for that year. Really, they only need 1 more defenseman with the 7th being one of their AHL/NHL guys. Plus all their top 9 forwards are signed so the other forwards they'll need will be cheap players. They'll be fine, in a salary cap sense.

The only candidates they have to buyout are Pronger, Briere and Bryzgalov. All have advantages and disadvantages to buying them out.
Just a hypothetical situation. If the Flyers bought out Bryzgalov, could you see them trading for Luongo? And if so, what would you give up for him?

arshonagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 09:32 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshonagon View Post
Just a hypothetical situation. If the Flyers bought out Bryzgalov, could you see them trading for Luongo? And if so, what would you give up for him?
No. We'd be dumping Bryz for his contract, and I think Luongo's may be worse than Bryz's.

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
No. We'd be dumping Bryz for his contract, and I think Luongo's may be worse than Bryz's.
Bryzgalov makes more than Luongo...how is it worse? That's absolutely laughable.

12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Zonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Loophole: Pittsburgh buys out Malkin (amnesty clause), resigns him for $1m per year for 6yrs
After the last lockout there was a rule that a player bought out under the amnesty clause could not be resigned by the same team.

Zonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kings don't have anyone they'd buyout.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:13 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
Other than the fact that Briere is still one of the top playoff performers in the league, and Bryzaster is worth about 6 bucks an hour.
Briere is great at scoring points in the playoff. He's even better at letting the opposing team score points. The guy is a minus player in the playoffs. He's one dimensional.

Bryzgalov was not the reason the Flyers lost in the playoff. He actually was one of Philly's better players in the NJ series and he played lights out after the All-Star break.

Plus, the Flyers have internal replacements for Briere. They don't for Bryzgalov.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:17 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshonagon View Post
Makes no sense from Philly's perspective. Why dump one bad contract and then give up assets for another bad contract?

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:46 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Actually it is 16 contracts at $53.3, 11 forwards and 5 D. They probably have to let Horton and Ference walk at the end of the season and bring in a couple of rookies, but besides that I think they can be under $60 million as long as Rask is signed at a reasonable rate.
16 contratcs if you include Savard. But I have removed him to get to $53.3M.

With a $60M cap letting Horton and Ferrence walk is nearly a given, unless some other big moves are made. If Rask gets $3.5M, which would be a significant win for the Bruins, they would have $3.2M left to fill 7 roster spots. The math does not work. Even if the cap is at $63M things would be tight.

Again, I am not suggesting that Boston or any other team will have to make massive changes, but I don't think a $60M cap is going to be achieved without some movement beyond a single buyout for some of the big spenders.

Last edited by Fourier: 12-31-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 06:54 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
16 contratcs if you include Savard. But I have removed him to get to $53.3M.

With a $60M cap letting Horton and Ferrence walk is nearly a given, unless some other big moves are made. If Rask gets $3.5M, which would be a significant win for the Bruins, they would have $3.2M left to fill 7 roster spots. The math does not work. Even if the cap is at $63M things would be tight.

Again, I am not suggesting that Boston or any other team will have to make masive changes, but I don't think a $60M cap is going to be achieved without some movement beyond a single buyout for some of the big spenders.
I didn't catch that. Thanks.

I think the Bruins probably promote 2-3 forwards and a D from Providence. Guys like Spooner and Knight have a salary of $870,000, Khokhlachev has a $925,000. I think it is almost assured that we see probably 2 of those guys in Boston for the 2013-2014 season. Nicklas Svedberg as a back up for $1 million unless khudobin was re-signed for around the same. Bartkowski and Trotman on D for under $1 million each so they probably need $4 million instead of the $3.2 you said they would have.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see Paille or Campbell or even both traded to free up an extra $1 million. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Krejci traded for a wing who makes $1 million less than he does enabling Seguin to move to center.

There is also the fact that we don't know how this CBA will work out. We may see all player contracts rolled back by a percentage and if that happens it changes everything.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:00 AM
rockinghockey

I actually see the cap for next season coming in at about 65mil. That always made sense to me.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Pelle31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I doubt the Flyers use the buy out option on Bryzgalov. Simply put, there isn't anything out there that's available that's better than Bryzgalov without having to give up a Couturier or Brayden Schenn in any deal. It will more than likely be Pronger who the buy out would apply to.
What about Backstrom from Minnesota on a short 2 or 3 year deal. I think Holmgren has to look at his options thru free agency. And Snider has to man up and shell out some cash for his bonehead mistake and get rid of Bryzgalov. Now if there is a season this year then Bryzgalov has 48 games to prove himself otherwise get rid of his contract.

Pelle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Maxpac

It's not something I would do, but if the plan is to have either Prust or Moen on the 3rd line always, than I would not be surprised if the Habs buyout is Rene Bourque. Galchenyuk has a guaranteed spot on the top 6 at this point and my guess is they will burry Gomez next season so that they can have as much cap space as possible by the end of 2013-2014 when Gomez, Kaberle, Markov and Gionta all become free agents (~23.3 mil on the cap)

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I actually see the cap for next season coming in at about 65mil. That always made sense to me.
It may make sense to you, but every indication shows a 60 million dollar cap for next year.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
It may make sense to you, but every indication shows a 60 million dollar cap for next year.
We have an offer from one side that probably includes that figure (although we don't know all the details). In what way is that "every indication" as to what the final deal will be.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:35 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Bryzgalov makes more than Luongo...how is it worse? That's absolutely laughable.
Luongo is signed for two more years than Bryz. 300K difference in cap isn't enough to convince me Bryz' contract is more damaging for Philly than Luongo's.

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:13 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Luongo is signed for two more years than Bryz. 300K difference in cap isn't enough to convince me Bryz' contract is more damaging for Philly than Luongo's.
Bryzgalov would pass through waivers. Luongo wouldn't make passed the first team.

Not sure why people even bring Luongo into buyout threads.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
I really don't see the Penguins buying out anyone. Martin, to the chagrin of this board, still has value in this league and his absence would create a defensive unit that is way too green to be comfortable with.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:24 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I doubt the Flyers use the buy out option on Bryzgalov. Simply put, there isn't anything out there that's available that's better than Bryzgalov without having to give up a Couturier or Brayden Schenn in any deal. It will more than likely be Pronger who the buy out would apply to.
Can you buy out a player that is on LTI ? Did not think you could buy out an injured player , i may be wrong on that .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Bryzgalov would pass through waivers. Luongo wouldn't make passed the first team.

Not sure why people even bring Luongo into buyout threads.

Bryzgalov or Luongo, and someone actually said Luongos contract is worse. I cant even wrap my head around how someone could possibly, in any way think that.

Lu has been better every year of his life, along with being a dedicated and conditioned athlete, there is zero reason to think he'll slow down for many years to come.

Bryz is a headcase who only ever excelled under Tippet's premiere defensive system.

Can that Philly fan honestly think these 2 goalies have anything in common other than being payed 5+mil for a long term? But I think these haters actually think that Lu would pass thru waivers, but someone would scoop up Bryz. How can people claim to be hockey fans but be so far off base on player talent and contract value?!?!

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Billdo

vCash: 300
I cannot fathom a world in which the Devils would use this amnesty clause to buy out Salvador. He's their best defensive defenseman, had a terrific year last year, and could be named to the captaincy this year, at the very least he'll take an A. Volchenkov on the other hand could and should be bought out making room for a defensive core of this for this year....

Salvador-Zid
Greene-Fayne
Larsson-Tallinder

Extra-Harrold

Billdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:59 PM
zeus3007*

Take Brian Campbell off of Florida's list. He was their MVP last season.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Vitto79

thanks to the dude who posted this link

Agree with the below. Also EDM makes sense on paper with Bulin and Horcoff but they are way under the cap floor so likely keep both
BOS-Savard.......insurance?
BUF-Leino
CLB-Umberger...maybe
MTL-GOMEZ
NYI-DiPietro......they luck out here
NYR-REDDEN
PHI-Pronger...................35 plus?.insurance?
TB-Lecavalier.........would be crazy to see Vinny.........Ohlund for sure
TOR-Komisarek
VAN-Ballard
CHI - Olesz
CAL- Stajan

Last edited by Vitto79: 01-03-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Each Club will be entitled to execute up to one "Compliance Buy-Out" prior to the 2013/14 season pursuant to which payments made to the Player will not be charged against the team's Cap, but will be charged against the Players' Share.

Also to consider is how some teams may have 2 or 3 buyout options on their team and that they may trade that player to another team in order to get out from under the contract:

Each Team and possible players:

ANA-None...trade partner
BOS-Savard
BUF-Leino, Erhoff
CAL-None
CAR-None
CHI-None
COL-None
CLB-Wiz, Umberger
DAL-None
DET-None
EDM-Horcoff
FLA-Campbell, Fleishmann
MINN-Heatley
MTL-GOMEZ
NASH-None
NJ-Salvador
NYI-DiPietro
NYR-REDDEN
OTT-None
PHI-Bryzgalov, Pronger
PHX-None
PITT-Martin
SJ-Havlat
STL-None
TB-Lecavalier, Ohlund
TOR-Komisarek
VAN-Luongo (better trade value), Ballard
WASH-None
WINN-None

Add or delete your own...and if a team has 2 or more buyout candidates which teams that do not would be good trade partners and for what?
I was informed recently that each team will be allowed their 2 compliance buy-outs before the 2013-14 season and here it says one before next season. Did they change the rule because of the Gomez and Redden situations?

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:44 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I really don't see the Penguins buying out anyone. Martin, to the chagrin of this board, still has value in this league and his absence would create a defensive unit that is way too green to be comfortable with.
Martin has turned his game around in the early stages of the season. Maybe the move to the other side, the side he played while in NJ, gets him back to a comfortable place. He actually looks good on the power play. He is still overpaid, but he is playing closer to what he is worth as opposed to the previous two years. I say he stays.

I wonder if Cammeleri would be a potential buyout guy for Calgary. 6 million per year is STEEP.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:50 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Martin has turned his game around in the early stages of the season. Maybe the move to the other side, the side he played while in NJ, gets him back to a comfortable place. He actually looks good on the power play. He is still overpaid, but he is playing closer to what he is worth as opposed to the previous two years. I say he stays.

I wonder if Cammeleri would be a potential buyout guy for Calgary. 6 million per year is STEEP.
I brought this post up from a ways back so players may have played well or poorly since then which may change people's opinions on whether there buyout candidates. I thought it was one buyout prior to the 2013-14 season but i'm told were allowed two.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote