HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League 2012-12 I: Gary and Donald sitting in a tree

Old
12-30-2012, 03:35 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
I'm really starting to hate RNH, the kid is such an emotional-less ********* and to be honest he scores some of the stupidest goals I've seen since Crosby.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Ceremony
Party like it's 1959

vCash: 0
@bryzgoalie30: This article is complete BS, i did not make any comments like that:-)Bryz leaves Russia because "lockout is ending" http://t.co/xgdypI8a

boooooooo

12-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I'm really starting to hate RNH, the kid is such an emotional-less ********* and to be honest he scores some of the stupidest goals I've seen since Crosby.
He has a very slappable face that's for sure.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Ceremony
Party like it's 1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He has a very slappable face that's for sure.

He talks like Napoleon Dynamite

Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceremony View Post
@bryzgoalie30: This article is complete bs, i did not make any comments like that:-)bryz leaves russia because "lockout is ending" http://t.co/xgdypi8a

boooooooo
NOOOOOOOO HUMANGOUS BAD NEWs

Rhaego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
22 years!!!

Quote:
I was, but anyone arguing that NHL was a more interesting league back in the days without the cap is living in a fantasy land, sure it was nice because Colorado was a powerhouse and a team that greatly benefited because of the no cap system, but the league is much more interesting right now with all the parity between the teams.

PS

And about the players don't owe us nothing claim. That's complete and utter rubbish, us fans are the biggest reason they live such a luxurious life. Without a strong fanbase which spends their hard earned money on tickets, sports gear etc there's virtually no reason for owners to pay players salaries.
It was a lot more interesting IMO. The playoff series were much more entertaining and it took more than skill to produce, I love that brand of hockey and this figure skating style will never come close to it. Again tho this is only my opinion.

Nope, they do not owe you a single thing. You buy a form of entertainment from them and they provide it for you. Now that they stopped playing you stopped paying, all is fair. I mean the EHM doesn't owe me anything after I bought the game the previous years, it's the same thing.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Bolded one is a terrible idea, you have 82 games to make the playoffs, that's enough, you shouldn't be able to get in the playoffs thanks to one lucky win.

The other two proposition aren't too good as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
It'd be for this year only. Which I think is silly. Season will already be enough of a joke without resorting to gimmicks.
Personnaly i'm not a fan of any of those changes, they should leave things as they are and it's ok this way. I think they were thinking about those changes to include more teams in the playoffs and that way, create an interest for more fans . In many US market you will see arenas completely sold out come playoffs time , but those same building were half or 3/4 full in the regular season. it's like giving the teams the easy way to attract more people and make more money. I guess that's one way of making business, can't really be worst than 4 tickets , 4 TShirts , 4 hot-dogs , 4 beers and free parking , for 99 $ and than going live on TV saying : Wow , can you feel the intensity in the building tonight , sold out areana full of real fans of X team .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
@bryzgoalie30: This article is complete BS, i did not make any comments like that:-)Bryz leaves Russia because "lockout is ending" http://t.co/xgdypI8a

boooooooo
shame on Bryz, if he told the truth in the article , when he wasnt suppose to.
I guess that time will tell .

Old
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Personnaly i'm not a fan of any of those changes, they should leave things as they are and it's ok this way. I think they were thinking about those changes to include more teams in the playoffs and that way, create an interest for more fans . In many US market you will see arenas completely sold out come playoffs time , but those same building were half or 3/4 full in the regular season. it's like giving the teams the easy way to attract more people and make more money. I guess that's one way of making business, can't really be worst than 4 tickets , 4 TShirts , 4 hot-dogs , 4 beers and free parking , for 99 $ and than going live on TV saying : Wow , can you feel the intensity in the building tonight , sold out areana full of real fans of X team .
More playoffs games means more money for the league and the teams involved, but that would just be a cheap gimmick to get more money out of fans and I don't like it one bit. Just look at the MLB, that's a right mess.

Last edited by Ivan13: 12-30-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
More playoffs games means more money for the league and the teams involved, but that would just be a cheap gimmick to get more money out of fans and U don't like it one bit. Just look at the MLB, that's a right mess.
I know , and like i said i dont like it either , but i'm pretty sure that the NHL is looking in that direction . We live in the world where people are trying to find shortcuts and find the easy way out. Why have 16 teams in the playoffs when they could add 4 more ? " not fair , just 16 teams , i wanna be in the playoff too "

Old
12-30-2012, 08:00 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1313033

I was reading this thread and one poster said that Colorado wouldn't want to be with four Canadian teams. I asked for a link because I am very sure that the Avs have been pretty quiet with the realignment situation, correct?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1313033

I was reading this thread and one poster said that Colorado wouldn't want to be with four Canadian teams. I asked for a link because I am very sure that the Avs have been pretty quiet with the realignment situation, correct?
Last thing i heard on this subject is a journalist ( TSN i think ) who said that the Avs are traveling alot playing the teams in the NW. That maybe it will suit them better to play in the western Division . But i dont recal anything coming from the Avs front office about it .

Old
12-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Ceremony
Party like it's 1959

Come on, as if the Avs front office would say anything.

I do remember seeing a list a while ago saying that we travel the second most out of any team over a season, behind only Vancouver, I think. What with the rising price of jet fuel we'd be silly to not want realignment that benefits us

Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
I think when there was a lot of realignment discussion last year several pundits said Colorado didn't want to be in a division with four Canadian teams.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Come on, as if the Avs front office would say anything.

I do remember seeing a list a while ago saying that we travel the second most out of any team over a season, behind only Vancouver, I think. What with the rising price of jet fuel we'd be silly to not want realignment that benefits us
Lmao Yeah good thinking , i didnt think about the jet fuel, they have to add this variable in the equation.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

How much money would we save if we just used a bus instead of a plane for travel?

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
How much money would we save if we just used a bus instead of a plane for travel?
I'm pretty sure that as soon as Kroenke runs out of air miles that the Avs will take the bus

Old
01-05-2013, 03:45 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Are we close to the end? Everything that I'm reading is optimistic.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Are we close to the end? Everything that I'm reading is optimistic.
That's what some in the media seem to think but I'm not going to get excited until a deal is done. Bettman and/or Fehr can kill the momentum at anytime.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

Well we'll know within 5 days if we'll have a season or not.

As much as I don't want a season at this point, I think they will get a new CBA done by Monday.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Well we'll know within 5 days if we'll have a season or not.

As much as I don't want a season at this point, I think they will get a new CBA done by Monday.
I wouldn't want a 4 months season if it means the Avs having a shot at a top 5 pick.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I wouldn't want a 4 months season if it means the Avs having a shot at a top 5 pick.
The Avs probably have a better chance at a top 5 by playing a season. The lottery system puts them about middle in odds and do you really want to see a team like Pitt, Detroit, Phoenix, etc luck out with a top 5 pick? You just know the league would land a top 2 pick with a league supported team or the big bread earners. About half to two thirds of the league have better or similar chances than the Avs.

Zandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:22 AM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
The Avs probably have a better chance at a top 5 by playing a season. The lottery system puts them about middle in odds and do you really want to see a team like Pitt, Detroit, Phoenix, etc luck out with a top 5 pick? You just know the league would land a top 2 pick with a league supported team or the big bread earners. About half to two thirds of the league have better or similar chances than the Avs.
Only 7 teams have a better chance than the Avs

TEAMS WITH THREE BALLS (7)
Calgary, Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, Minnesota, Toronto, Winnipeg

TEAMS WITH TWO BALLS (6)
Anaheim, Colorado, Florida, New York (I), St. Louis, Tampa Bay

TEAMS WITH ONE BALL (17)
Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, New York (R), Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Vancouver, Washington

Although I do agree, the Avs would probably get a better pick by playing this season than no season.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: A tentative agreement has been reached between NHL and NHLPA - source
Quote:
@aaronward_tsn: Deal is done. #TSN
Hockey is BACK!

edit: Dater was actually the first one to say a tentative agreement has been reached.

Quote:
@adater: Top sources on both sides tell @denverpost a tentative deal is done on the NHL CBA

Last edited by Avs_19: 01-06-2013 at 04:14 AM.
Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:13 AM
BoxOfChocolates

Dater broke it I think

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote