HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXXI: A woman needs love

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Drop The Mits
Dinger Derby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Question/story time:

So there's this girl that I'm going to ask out. We work together, and I like her a lot. I have no idea if she'll say yes - I flirt with her a lot, and she laughs at my jokes, and we talk all the time when we work together. She says she loves working with me, only enjoys work when she gets to work with me (And a few other people), and after I mentioned that I made a mean penne pasta she asked me to make her some and bring it to work. So either I'm already friendzoned, or I have a shot.

Anyway, my plan is just to ask her to do something low key, and casual. I'm thinking ice skating, for example. It may be kind of out of the blue, but I think we're comfortable enough with each other where it wouldn't be totally weird, or awkward.

However, talking to one of my friends tonight, he said that he thinks that is a bad idea. He said I should get to know her better, start slowly texting her, getting closer, and then eventually ease into hanging out and stuff like that. I trust this dude's opinion because he's one of the smoothest guys I know, and very successful with the ladies.

However, his idea seemed like total bull**** to me. Seems like a recipe for getting friendzoned, or just chickening out and eventually just not doing anything about it.

What do you think?
it can be a very thin line that you walk if youre taking that approach. your friend probably has good success cause like you said hes smooth. you just have to know when to kick it up a knotch

Old
12-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Kitten Mittons

Why don't you invite her over for some of that pasta?

Old
12-29-2012, 10:55 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:
Question/story time:

So there's this girl that I'm going to ask out. We work together, and I like her a lot. I have no idea if she'll say yes - I flirt with her a lot, and she laughs at my jokes, and we talk all the time when we work together. She says she loves working with me, only enjoys work when she gets to work with me (And a few other people), and after I mentioned that I made a mean penne pasta she asked me to make her some and bring it to work. So either I'm already friendzoned, or I have a shot.

Anyway, my plan is just to ask her to do something low key, and casual. I'm thinking ice skating, for example. It may be kind of out of the blue, but I think we're comfortable enough with each other where it wouldn't be totally weird, or awkward.

However, talking to one of my friends tonight, he said that he thinks that is a bad idea. He said I should get to know her better, start slowly texting her, getting closer, and then eventually ease into hanging out and stuff like that. I trust this dude's opinion because he's one of the smoothest guys I know, and very successful with the ladies.

However, his idea seemed like total bull**** to me. Seems like a recipe for getting friendzoned, or just chickening out and eventually just not doing anything about it.

What do you think?
You already talk to her enough at work it seems. There's really no point to slowly texting her. Like you said you'll either get friendzoned faster this way or chicken out. And then all you'll have to show for it is a headache and a lot of wasted time. Go for it now and good luck.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Cashier has a boyfriend.

I tried.

On to the next one.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Over a girl?
No because of this joke of a night, 6 hours at a stupid lame banquet that played nothing but Backstreet Boys music the whole night and took forever for people to show up and get the stupid thing going.

Anyways, the pressure is on me to find a GF now. This is for real, I have big pressure to find a GF in 2013. Why? Cause my turn of marriage was suppose to be the last turn, and the cousin younger than me just got married and guess what, the next youngest from him is already planning his marriage.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:11 AM
PZA*
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Quote:
Question/story time:

What do you think?
Get straight to the point... stop bull****ing. If you want more than just being friends, then escalate. **** your friend.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:52 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

Ah, the "friend zone."

I got friendzoned a lot in high school, and I vowed to never let it happen again after that. To be honest, I can't see how anyone of independent age could possibly be friendzoned. Does anyone agree with me? At some point in time you have to break on through to the other side, so to speak, into the romantic realm, which is always better sooner than later in my opinion. But if getting "friendzoned" is seemingly an imminent threat, I don't see what's to lose in a properly timed opportunistic advance. Of course getting that opportunity may be a challenge but if you are persistent and perhaps even confrontational enough those opportunities can be found.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:43 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Ah, the "friend zone."

I got friendzoned a lot in high school, and I vowed to never let it happen again after that. To be honest, I can't see how anyone of independent age could possibly be friendzoned. Does anyone agree with me? At some point in time you have to break on through to the other side, so to speak, into the romantic realm, which is always better sooner than later in my opinion. But if getting "friendzoned" is seemingly an imminent threat, I don't see what's to lose in a properly timed opportunistic advance. Of course getting that opportunity may be a challenge but if you are persistent and perhaps even confrontational enough those opportunities can be found.
I generally choose to confront the object of my affection rather than allow myself to sit around frustrated for however long. If rejected, move on.

12-30-2012, 08:36 AM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Question/story time:

What do you think?
meh i dunno. Ive been texting this one girl for about a week and a half now, and shes the one suggesting we hang out now and stuff.

id trust him. it seems to work.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Auguste Escoffier

How much love does a woman need?

With no judgement, how many partners is it acceptable for a woman in her mid-twenties to have had?

At what point does she reach "easy"?

Old
12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post

With no judgement, how many partners is it acceptable for a woman in her mid-twenties to have had?

How about who gives a ****?

Old
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
How about who gives a ****?
Unlimited, then?

Old
12-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Man, how do you determine if a girl is interested or if she just likes attention?

Old
12-30-2012, 07:27 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
I'm really hoping my date tonight goes well. First date with this girl I met online, thing is that she's normally not my type. I like being the more outgoing one and stuff, and I usually go for skinny white chicks haha, not hispanics idk why just prefer it haha. We like the same stuff though, I just hope since I met her online she's desperate because I don't seem like her type either, but idk we'll see. I also hope I can transform her into a hockey girl haha.
Why are you hoping she's desperate? Why are you already thinking about long term things for a girl you met online?

Old
12-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Man, how do you determine if a girl is interested or if she just likes attention?
You make a move and if she backs off you laugh in her face and never talk to her again.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
slackerracker

Quote:
Question/story time:

What do you think?
I did this with a girl that i met at work, slowly started talking to her but made it known i was interested from the start, we ended up hanging out like a few weeks after we started texting outside of work. Then ended up getting into a relationship with her, been basically a full year now.

Its a thin line really, maybe she's just the talkative flirtatious type and doesn't' mean anything beyond it. Or doesn't think she's giving you any idea by how she is.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerracker View Post
I did this with a girl that i met at work, slowly started talking to her but made it known i was interested from the start, we ended up hanging out like a few weeks after we started texting outside of work. Then ended up getting into a relationship with her, been basically a full year now.

Its a thin line really, maybe she's just the talkative flirtatious type and doesn't' mean anything beyond it. Or doesn't think she's giving you any idea by how she is.
Pretty much the exact same story here, but it's been about six months at this point.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:51 PM
mighty all the way

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
Why are you hoping she's desperate? Why are you already thinking about long term things for a girl you met online?
cuz then she'll try to be more outgoing and flirtatious. And it was a joke cuz we're on a hockey site, I never think that far ahead in real life. Anyways she all of a sudden stopped texting so I had no idea if the date was still on or what so it didn't happen. Met a different girl at a party anyways that same night.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post

It's easy to know when she is easy...

Tell her that she is a dirty girl and needs to take a shower with you.

If she agrees she is easy, duh. If she slaps you, propose.

Old
12-31-2012, 09:37 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Question/story time:
1- friendzone doesnt exist
2- dont go ice skating unless theres going to be a group going from work..the group thing might be a better atmosphere, let her gently see your 'outside of work' personality.

good luck

Old
12-31-2012, 11:29 AM
awfulwaffle

My theory has always been if a girl has a boyfriend, it's just a speed bump. GET 'EM BOYS!

Old
12-31-2012, 11:41 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

once she gets enough speed bumps, it’ll feel just like herpes. those ‘speed bumps’ become the Braille of a loose ****. enjoy scratching your **** for the next 50 years!

Old
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
akademiks

How would I go about cutting out a girl from my life?

Cold turkey by ignoring her or slowly making myself unavailable?

Old
12-31-2012, 04:12 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Cold turkey pisses them off more so go with that

Old
12-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks View Post
How would I go about cutting out a girl from my life?

Cold turkey by ignoring her or slowly making myself unavailable?
My friend does the "fade out." Works with texting mainly, although there can be a complementary real-life component. First off, you never initiate a conversation (or, in real life, a date). You start by being your normal texting self. Then, over time, your answers get shorter. As this happens, maybe you don't bothering responding to 25% of them, you know? Bump that up to 50%. Then 80%. One-word answers at this point. Then don't respond at all. Fade out complete. There is no defined end to your relationship. This should be reserved for cases where you don't hate the girl, but you just aren't feeling it, you know?

I, on the other hand, have done the complete cut-out in the past. Block Facebook, no answer to calls, no texts. This should be reserved for cases of spite.

Closed Thread