HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-Ana then Van Chi

Old
12-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
In theory, I don't think either trade is terrible, but in reality, I don't think they work out for either side.

Perry, and I understand the furor around trading him is based on him, maybe, kinda, sorta, wanting to move on if Anaheim isn't competing this year (or next or what ever). But, as much as I like Kassian (unproven and a little bit of a project), our first and Raymond doesn't bridge the gap between Kassian and Perry, even as a UFA. I'm not selling Raymond short as a Canucks fan, but I just don't see the value, or rather, I see other teams handily beating our offer.

Bolland+1st for Schneider seems intriguing to me on paper. Blackhawks get their goalie, we get an abrasive third line center with some skill. But the cold hard truth is Chicago isn't getting the franchise goaltender we see Schneider as, but rather, a young, semi- to unproven player with the potential to be so, at the expense of one of their more productive forwards. I don't for a second think Chicago loses this trade from a Canucks standpoint, infact I think we get royally ripped off, but when dealing for potential, Chicago is in the same boat we are in: They don't want "maybe", they want to know exactly what they are getting. It's the same way we don't want 7 goal Kulemin, but some Toronto fans insist he "probably will get 30 again". There's just a lot that can go wrong.

I'd be willing to make the trade for Perry, even as a rental, but I'm not sold on the Chicago deal at all. From the looks of it, Blackhawks and Ducks fans seem to agree with some of my points, and it doesn't surprise me they decline the trades.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
I've said it 100 times

If anyone is likely to purposely play like crap because they got traded to the Canucks, it's Dave Bolland.

Great player, but trust me, Canucks fans, you don't want him.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:25 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Anaheim wouldn't bother with that trade to begin with, you guys really need to look at our needs if you want to poach our best players. Anything with wingers is an automatic NO.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:45 PM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I've said it 100 times

If anyone is likely to purposely play like crap because they got traded to the Canucks, it's Dave Bolland.

Great player, but trust me, Canucks fans, you don't want him.
Good joke. The Sedins would love NOT to play against him anymore...

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
In theory, I don't think either trade is terrible, but in reality, I don't think they work out for either side.

Perry, and I understand the furor around trading him is based on him, maybe, kinda, sorta, wanting to move on if Anaheim isn't competing this year (or next or what ever). But, as much as I like Kassian (unproven and a little bit of a project), our first and Raymond doesn't bridge the gap between Kassian and Perry, even as a UFA. I'm not selling Raymond short as a Canucks fan, but I just don't see the value, or rather, I see other teams handily beating our offer.

Bolland+1st for Schneider seems intriguing to me on paper. Blackhawks get their goalie, we get an abrasive third line center with some skill. But the cold hard truth is Chicago isn't getting the franchise goaltender we see Schneider as, but rather, a young, semi- to unproven player with the potential to be so, at the expense of one of their more productive forwards. I don't for a second think Chicago loses this trade from a Canucks standpoint, infact I think we get royally ripped off, but when dealing for potential, Chicago is in the same boat we are in: They don't want "maybe", they want to know exactly what they are getting. It's the same way we don't want 7 goal Kulemin, but some Toronto fans insist he "probably will get 30 again". There's just a lot that can go wrong.

I'd be willing to make the trade for Perry, even as a rental, but I'm not sold on the Chicago deal at all. From the looks of it, Blackhawks and Ducks fans seem to agree with some of my points, and it doesn't surprise me they decline the trades.
Good post.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
If Perry makes it to UFA status, Brian Burke will sign him. Sure, Leafs are not a contender but Perry already has a cup, he's not desperate to win next season.

Toronto has craploads of cap space and I have a feeling Perry would love to play for Leafs and Burke & Carlyle again.
Interesting opinion....pretty sure most players would like to win every year.

I still think Perry and Getzlaf are both staying.

According to capgeek, Toronto has 41.5 mil to cap salaries for 13/14. Ducks have 32.8 to cap salaries that year. If the Cap goes down to 60 as proposed, the Ducks owner may allow a higher number than in the past.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Co Ho*

Canucks get robbed on the Chicago trade.
Schneider will be a stud. No doubt that Bolland is one of the best 3rd line centres, but just because he's the best at a position does not mean his value is as high as Schneider. I know Schneider is largely unproven, but he's going to be an incredible goalie and has been very promising so far, don't like this one bit. A quality (top 15) starter goalie is SO much more valuable than a great 3rd line centre, IMO.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Interesting opinion....pretty sure most players would like to win every year.

I still think Perry and Getzlaf are both staying.

According to capgeek, Toronto has 41.5 mil to cap salaries for 13/14. Ducks have 32.8 to cap salaries that year. If the Cap goes down to 60 as proposed, the Ducks owner may allow a higher number than in the past.
It was 56 million before the improvements to revenue sharing. We might be a cap team again under the new CBA.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Hawkaholic

Chicago can't add more salary for 2013-14. That and they wont be trading a C, especially their #1 shutdown C, to their #1 rivals.

I didn't even mention adding the 1st round pick.

Big NO.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:42 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Bolland isn't going anywhere.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Power-forwards take time to develop. Vancouver fans need to be patient with Zack Kassian. He has the potential to be a solid fifty-point scoring power-forward.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
For 2013-2014:

H. Sedin(6.1)-D. Sedin(6.1)-Burrows(4.5)
Booth(4.25)-Kesler(5.0)-Perry(6.0)
Higgins(1.9)-Bolland(3.375)-Hansen(1.35)
Lapierre(1.0)-Schroeder(1.0)-Jensen(.894)

Hamhuis(4.5)-Bieksa(4.6)
Edler(5.0)-Garrison(4.6)
Connauton(.9)-Tanev(.9)

Luongo(5.3)
Lack(.75)

Comes to 68 mil. What's the projected cap for 2013-2014? If it were 64 mil for 2012-2013, then 68 the following year should be doable, I think.

And sure I hate Bolland...But if he were on our team I think attitudes would change very quickly.
As other posters have said, cap will be 65 mil at the highest.

Perry is also likely to get 7+ mil.

Also, you have Higgins at 1.9, which is unlikely. He's going to want a raise.

You have no 7th d-man or 13th forward.

You're also relying on several players to make huge leaps forward in their careers. Cannauton, Schroeder, and Jensen are not locks to be NHL players at this point.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Perry is also likely to get 7+ mil.
Yes, he would get $7+ mil if the cap was $70.2 mil, but it wont be.

With the cap going down to as low as $60 mil, I don't see him getting that huge paycheck.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:10 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Yes, he would get $7+ mil if the cap was $70.2 mil, but it wont be.

With the cap going down to as low as $60 mil, I don't see him getting that huge paycheck.
I do. The other major change to the CBA is that cap circumvention contracts will be eliminated and were likely to see a 6 or 7 year contract maximum.

Several teams will offer 7+ mil, even with a reduced cap. Perry put up 50 goals and 98 points a couple of seasons ago. He's a franchise player, and he's 6'3''. There are plenty of teams with a load of cap space, even at a 60 mil cap. Everyone will be bidding for Perry's services.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I do. The other major change to the CBA is that cap circumvention contracts will be eliminated and were likely to see a 6 or 7 year contract maximum.

Several teams will offer 7+ mil, even with a reduced cap. Perry put up 50 goals and 98 points a couple of seasons ago. He's a franchise player, and he's 6'3''. There are plenty of teams with a load of cap space, even at a 60 mil cap. Everyone will be bidding for Perry's services.
While I disagree with Higgins given the cap decline. Perry will definitely see offers north of 6M, and Pittsburgh may just headline the rush. With an amnesty buyout clause, they could get rid of Martin, let Cooke and another FA walk and get rid under 60M.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:02 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
While I disagree with Higgins given the cap decline. Perry will definitely see offers north of 6M, and Pittsburgh may just headline the rush. With an amnesty buyout clause, they could get rid of Martin, let Cooke and another FA walk and get rid under 60M.
Pitts would then be screwed the next year when they have to literally re-sign an entire d-core. Buying out Martin would leave Pitts with zero d-men signed beyond 2013/2014.

I just don't see how Pitts can fit in 3 forwards at 7+ mil while having Neil and Fleury on the books. That's approximately 35 million tied up in 5 players...

Pitts could use Perry as a deadline acquisition, but won't be able to compete if he goes for that big contract as a FA. It'll be teams lacking franchise forwards who will throw 7-8 mil at Perry.

I'd be downright shocked if Perry, after hitting the UFA market, signs for anything less than 7 mil.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Zack Kassian, Mason Raymond, and a 1st round pick for Corey Perry.*

*IF Perry wants to sign with a contender. Otherwise Anaheim won't bother.

Cory Schneider for Dave Bolland + 1st.

Heartrenching as a Canucks fans to lose Schneider off the roster and replace him with Bolland, however, I think if we did these trades we would be absolutely favourited to win the cup.

I would assume that Chicago would have to acquire a 2C like Plekanec or something at the deadline(something they might do anyways), and I think Kruger should be okay as a 3C(obviously not as good as Bolland, but still).

For Anaheim, if there is a serious bidding war, I would be willing to up the offer, although I'm interested to know what pieces from the Canucks you'd be interested in if Perry were to be traded at the deadline. I've heard the Ducks had interest in Kassian(somewhere on these boards, don't remember where), and a 1st round pick is likely a given. Together those have some solid value, and as a roster player Raymond is a perfectly decent player with speed and able to play the PK, however if pushed to beat another team's offer I would consider replacing him with Booth.
I would never ever ever ever ever ever do that Bolland deal. Schneider >>> Bolland and a late 1st (Possibly 30th if we do that) Doesn't constitute for it. Above all else I would be willing to bet no one in our organzation wants Bolland here. (Thankfully)

The Perry deal isn't bad but since he is a UFA that he a HUGE risk for us, since the CBA will be going down if we lose the season, and then at that point we would probably not be able to resign Perry, and that would also kiss Edler goodbye who honestly is a bigger need for us than Perry (I love Perry but losing Edler destroys our defense)

So overall no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I believe we had interest in Hodgson, not Kassian.
I was thinking about that when Brayden Schenn's name was getting tossed around in those Bobby Ryan rumours.

And it was rumoured you wanted a young center capable of 2nd line duties right away (And other stuff obvisouly) and I thought "Rats" but looking back it wouldn't be all that beneifical for us now since we would surely lose Edler if we had Ryan.

And even though I was a big Cody fan, I'm happy getting a young player like Zack in return, he brings something we desperately need and had none of in our organization prior to the deal.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote