HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Couturier + Coburn for Yakupov + Teubert

Old
12-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly34 View Post
Elite? Thats a little extreme for a guy who has played one single season
Again, he referred to Yakupov as a top-line scoring winger. He hasn't played a single game.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:55 AM
rockinghockey

I dont see a need for the Flyers to have a need for Yak on their team, their top 6 are
Giroux, Briere, Hartnel
Voracek, Courtier, Read/Schenn

Yes, Yak would look good in their top 6 but not at giving up that package. If Yak had a good season this year what about a package of Schenn and Varacek. It gives EDM exactly what they need and gives PHI that dynamic one time scorer to take heat off Giroux. Maybe EDM adds a prospect like a Tuebert or something. Remember fans GMs dont look at keeping brothers together especially PHI.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:07 AM
jmoss45

From the Oil i'd do it 100%. Lower cap hit on Couturier than yakupov, and I wouldn't mind a solid shut down D like Coburn.

Even Yak+Nick Schultz+ Teubert for Couturier+ Coburn

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:09 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
This will be interesting.
Haha , I am an Oiler fan and the way i seen Yak play this last few months the Flyers laugh hard .

McSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:09 AM

The Flyers are ****ed without Coburn. Printer is done, Timonen is aging, and Carle was lost of free agency. Coburn is way too important to us at this time.

55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Stizzle

Stop offering Teubert. No one wants him. He has almost no value.

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If Edmonton wasn't so overloaded on the right wing or if Yakupov was a natural left winger, Edmonton wouldn't consider this.

But I must feel I've felt the Anti-Oil on Yakpov ever since Edmonton won the lottery. People were saying great things about him like "can't miss" "possibly the next Bure" and "could be an odd mix of Ovechkin and Bure" and then after he got drafted by Edmonton the praise turned to cynicism and sarcasm.

That shouldn't matter after he wins a cup in Edmonton, though.
LOL someone's feelings are hurt because other fan bases view an NHL'er as more valuable than their highly touted prospect. No reason not to like Yak but it doesn't mean people won't like other players more.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly34 View Post
Elite? Thats a little extreme for a guy who has played one single season
I meant their ceilings sheesh

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:22 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 50
Edmonton would do this because they get insane value out of it. Philadelphia would not even be on the phone long enough to hear that Edmonton was adding Teubert so it's largely inconsequential that he be included anyways.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
The Flyers are ****ed without Coburn. Printer is done, Timonen is aging, and Carle was lost of free agency. Coburn is way too important to us at this time.
Didn't you guys trade for Luke Schenn? I thought I read about that somewhere...

Old
12-31-2012, 11:26 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Oilers fans commenting that they'd do this trade is embarrassing to Oilers fans. This trade is so one-sided in favour of the Oilers it would be made less obvious with the inclusion of an image-macro meme explaining that "Obvious trade favouring Edmonton is obvious."

Old
12-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Didn't you guys trade for Luke Schenn? I thought I read about that somewhere...
So you think the acquisition of Luke Schenn makes Coburn expendable?????

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
zeus3007*

I don't think I'd do this from the Oilers. Philly fans are really overrating Coutourier here, he's come in as a solid third line center, but Yakupov should be a top tier, 40 goal per year game breaker. And he could be more than that. I don't think I'd trade that type of potential for a 2/3 defenseman and a guy who should be a good #2 center. I wouldn't expect Philly to offer any more than that though, I just really don't think moving Yakupov makes much sense for the Oilers unless its for another young star player, and I don't consider Coutourier a young star of that level.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:04 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I don't think I'd do this from the Oilers. Philly fans are really overrating Coutourier here, he's come in as a solid third line center, but Yakupov should be a top tier, 40 goal per year game breaker. And he could be more than that. I don't think I'd trade that type of potential for a 2/3 defenseman and a guy who should be a good #2 center. I wouldn't expect Philly to offer any more than that though, I just really don't think moving Yakupov makes much sense for the Oilers unless its for another young star player, and I don't consider Coutourier a young star of that level.
Saying no has little to do with Couturier and more to do with trading one of the Flyers best d-men for more offense.

The Flyers need more defense, not less. Trading Coburn is basically a no-go with how the Flyers' defense looks right about now.

The trade creates more holes for the Flyers than it fills.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
If he plays like he showed he could in the past then maybeee depending on return.

If he played like last season, hell no lol.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:08 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Saying no has little to do with Couturier and more to do with trading one of the Flyers best d-men for more offense.

The Flyers need more defense, not less. Trading Coburn is basically a no-go with how the Flyers' defense looks right about now.

The trade creates more holes for the Flyers than it fills.
I understand that aspect completely, but to the Oilers, Coutourier is certainly the more tempting piece. Coburn is a great defenseman, but not worth trading a guy who could very well be an annual 50 goal scorer, regardless of the rest of the package.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
I think you're undervaluing Couturier a bit here. Couturier has #1 center potential. His potential isn't as high as Yakupov, but it's still extremely high.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:12 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Again, he referred to Yakupov as a top-line scoring winger. He hasn't played a single game.

again, Yakupov gets to showcase his skills with NHL calibre line-mates when he comes to Edmonton. City of Champs.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Oilers fans commenting that they'd do this trade is embarrassing to Oilers fans. This trade is so one-sided in favour of the Oilers it would be made less obvious with the inclusion of an image-macro meme explaining that "Obvious trade favouring Edmonton is obvious."
I am an Oiler fan . This is not fair to the most Oiler fans . I would Trade Yak straight up for a good 2 way center with size . I been saying it all along the Oilers should have grab a center . Our team would be much more balance . Also Yak may not jump to the KHL , but Russian are very moody and hard to keep happy . Most Russian would be happier scoring 60 goals and missing the playoffs then scoring 30 goals and winning the cup .

Old
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I think you just didn't list him among the defencemen on the Flyers.

The Flyers are already short-changed on the blue line, so this trade proposal is bogus. If Coburn was being traded for some sort of actual help on the blue line, though, the presence of Schenn as a potential shut-down guy might make it palatable.

Like swapping out Coburn for a more offensive-minded blueliner.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:33 PM
lCensored

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am an Oiler fan . This is not fair to the most Oiler fans . I would Trade Yak straight up for a good 2 way center with size . I been saying it all along the Oilers should have grab a center . Our team would be much more balance . Also Yak may not jump to the KHL , but Russian are very moody and hard to keep happy . Most Russian would be happier scoring 60 goals and missing the playoffs then scoring 30 goals and winning the cup .
Yak would be happy winning the cup while scoring at a career low in points. He just wants to win. He is not most Russians.

lCensored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:19 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Yak would be happy winning the cup while scoring at a career low in points. He just wants to win. He is not most Russians.
He sure does not come across that way . Plus I still think we are a better team with a good number 2 2 way center over him . Hall on one line , Eberle on another . fill in with Hemsky and Hartikainen to fill in the top six . Start developing PRV into a physical 3 line checker that can chip in on the O and we start looking like a team that can start to climb up the standings

Old
12-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
He sure does not come across that way . Plus I still think we are a better team with a good number 2 2 way center over him . Hall on one line , Eberle on another . fill in with Hemsky and Hartikainen to fill in the top six . Start developing PRV into a physical 3 line checker that can chip in on the O and we start looking like a team that can start to climb up the standings
Yak is more valuable to a lot of teams in the league than couts is... But I agree, if EDM traded Yak for Couts they instantly become better.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:29 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I think you're undervaluing Couturier a bit here. Couturier has #1 center potential. His potential isn't as high as Yakupov, but it's still extremely high.
I don't see the offense in Coutourier to make him a legitimate number one.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
again, Yakupov gets to showcase his skills with NHL calibre line-mates when he comes to Edmonton. City of Champs.

This post doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

I was simply noting that referring to Couturier as an "elite 2C" is certainly no more absurd than calling Yakupov a top-line scoring winger.

Couturier obviously needs to develop a much more refined and consistent offensive game to reach 2C (let alone elite 2C) status, but his defensive skills are already well on the way there. The projection isn't much a stretch to me, and I agree with others who have said that, if we are talking about his ceiling, it is 1C rather than 2C.

Quote:
I don't see the offense in Coutourier to make him a legitimate number one.
While, I don't expect he will reach 1C status either, his production in juniors certainly demonstrates that it isn't a complete reach. I think most Flyers fans ultimately hope / expect him to be something of a 1B / 2A type--a 60+ point center with a very strong two-way game.

EDIT: Sasso likes the "+".

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-31-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote