HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Little Erik Karlsson Update

Old
12-31-2012, 03:10 AM
failedsaucerpass

vCash: 160
This song was played at home games:

failedsaucerpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:37 AM
nudpedler

vCash: 500
What an amazing player you guys have! I watch NHL (mostly Philly matches), but still until now haven't realize how good he is. Have to watch few Sens games from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6y2Ye6Sr8

He's last game at Jokerit versus our rivalry team HIFK. Atmosphere at the arena was like in playoffs, can't really be any better for Jokerit fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Is he still throwing trantrums and sticks at officials
Well, actually he did it once. Got 1 game suspension for that. Nevertheless he is a class act guy!

nudpedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
meh. Edler is overrated. Hamhuis does all the heavy lifting in Vancouver.

?

Karlsson > Leetch
Whole-heartedly agreed on the bolded. Karlsson is one of a kind - there is no defenceman in the league like him. He is a superstar in the league, the first true one Ottawa's had (Chara doesn't count as his true value was appreciated when he moved to Boston to win a cup). Players like Alfie don't get true appreciation in their prime - and he was on Iggy, St. Louis, and Lecavalier level in his prime. Spezza is also underrated, but not on the Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, or Stamkos level of stardom. Karlsson is actually up there with the true elites, and I see no reason why he can't repeat his performance from last season. EK's Norris win won't be his last, and I won't be surprised to see this guy get at least a nomination for the Hart in the future. Back in 2003, I was laughed at by my friends when I told them Chara would win the Norris one day. They also thought I was crazy when I jumped on the K-wagon. Naysayers, don't laugh when I say that a Hart nomination for King-K is actually very likely in the not so distant future.

I do not agree with your stance on Edler and Hamhuis though. If the opportunity presents itself, I would pick Edler over Hamhuis 10 out of 10 times. Ham n' egger's not worth $4.5/year in my books. Hopefully, Edler is given a long look by BM if he becomes UFA next season.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:31 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Whole-heartedly agreed on the bolded. Karlsson is one of a kind - there is no defenceman in the league like him. He is a superstar in the league, the first true one Ottawa's had (Chara doesn't count as his true value was appreciated when he moved to Boston to win a cup). Players like Alfie don't get true appreciation in their prime - and he was on Iggy, St. Louis, and Lecavalier level in his prime. Spezza is also underrated, but not on the Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, or Stamkos level of stardom. Karlsson is actually up there with the true elites, and I see no reason why he can't repeat his performance from last season. EK's Norris win won't be his last, and I won't be surprised to see this guy get at least a nomination for the Hart in the future. Back in 2003, I was laughed at by my friends when I told them Chara would win the Norris one day. They also thought I was crazy when I jumped on the K-wagon. Naysayers, don't laugh when I say that a Hart nomination for King-K is actually very likely in the not so distant future.

I do not agree with your stance on Edler and Hamhuis though. If the opportunity presents itself, I would pick Edler over Hamhuis 10 out of 10 times. Ham n' egger's not worth $4.5/year in my books. Hopefully, Edler is given a long look by BM if he becomes UFA next season.
Karlsson is just... I can't believe he exists. I'm just speechless. He's certainly up there with Crosby, Malkin and Stamkos. They're all gods in their own different ways.

Karlsson is imo the 3rd best offensive d-man of all time behind Orr and Coffey. Hopefully he can surpass Coffey both offensively and defensively

I would probably pick Edler over Hamhuis too based solely on age and Swedishness. That said, Hamhuis has without a doubt outperformed Edler in Vancouver. Hamhuis is certainly worth $4.5M. At his current level he's probably worth $6M. He's a legit #1 D-man.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:46 PM
HavlatMach9

Karlsson is a simple player. I mean what more do you imagine when you think of him playing hockey than just skating the puck out, carrying it in or passing it, and shooting the puck a lot. Other dman can do some of those, Karlsson can do all and better than them.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Finnpin

Finnpin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:18 PM
HavlatMach9

It's almost as if Jokerit fans love him more than Sens fan do. I don't remember an ovation for him (yet) but we haven't seen him since his Norris nor had we had to say goodbye to him. Karlsson probably learned a little what it feels like to be Alfie.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 06:39 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
It's almost as if Jokerit fans love him more than Sens fan do. I don't remember an ovation for him (yet) but we haven't seen him since his Norris nor had we had to say goodbye to him. Karlsson probably learned a little what it feels like to be Alfie.
He'll find out soon enough, don't you worry.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laista View Post
Do all of you guys think i am an idiot if i say
Brian Leech = Erik Karlsson?
Can he be that big?
Honestly I think he will be better. He might already be as good as Leetch ever was.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:05 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

HOLY ****, DAT PASS!
http://youtu.be/JJ6y2Ye6Sr8?t=4m30s

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
COME ON NHL, I WANT TO SEE THIS IN EST!

Just get it done already...

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Greeningfan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Nice!

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Kentti

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/arkisto/uutis...n-pelaaja.html

Ice Hockey Magazine and SM-liiga have chosen Erik Karlsson as the player of the month (December) in SM-liiga. He showed why he was chosen as the best defenseman in NHL last season. He did what he wanted in the rink and had 4+11=15 points in 8 games. He was by far the best player in points in the league and helped Jokerit to solidify their number one spot. The award will be given to Karlsson when an appropriate time occurs.

Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote