vCash: 500
Crouse 100%!

Old
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
Marner - not at #15 agreed. Forgot all about Kirwan, which by the way has played with Henley several times, adds total different outlook on your assessment of pick..100%! Kirwan, bigger than all named above actually, and is as massive if not more than Werenski, is for sure top 5 pick for a forward! He will continue to grow as well probably due to not only to genetics but a bone condition. Another reason why Spencer, as good as you may feel he is, will not be 3rd. Now you have Kirwan to consider as a matchup with McDavid. Greenway (which this convo was a topic at breakfast this morning amongst my boys who played with Greenway and found your match up with McDavid hilarious) will maybe go top 10 but that would primarily be for size..thats about it my friend. As for Henley, if you knew him as well as you may think, you would have been made aware of his talent and skill from years ago and the progress he just keeps attaining. In Canada, the Henley kid you're just learning about, in the States, he's a household name that is ranked and has been with Noah Hanifin and Werenski for years. There is not too many Hockey knowledgable people that are unfamiliar with Henley. Also, in case you are just learning of him, Henley has played with the 97 Birthyear..1 year. he has played with the 96 class from day 1. And has played against Canadians McDavid; Lindo; Addesi; Bennett and all of last years OHL 96 draft picks. Henley has also played with or against the 95s already in the O. Hence he has some experience playing agains your top guys from years ago and knows some of their style types. Henley actually plays down to the 97 level which hinders his ability to display his full potential, which is what you have been seeing. This was my reason for telling you that you are unfamiliar with both Henley and Greenway. Henley is pretty much classified as a 96 per say in the States, from having only playing with his age class 1 year. The players he's associated with were drafted last year and a few from the year before. Henley would be on the same train as Werenski because they've played one another for years as has Kirwan. But will agree with you on Marner 100%.
Ive said Henley is a first round pick. I like Henley. I do not agree with your prediction of saying he and Werenski are being floated as #2 picks. Werenski yes, Henley no. Henley is further down. I know Henley and Greenway extremely well. Im still quite puzzled that u dont think Greenway/Mcdavid would not be a good match. Explain why if u choose? Kirwan and Greenway I believe go in the Top 6. Im actually pretty surprised u dont think highly of Greenway. He is destroying his league, is completely unchallenged, he too plays down to that level.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:40 PM
checkmate3

2012-13 Boys Prep Roster

#

Name

Position

DOB

Grade

Shot

Luke Kania

G

L

Matt McArdle

D

R

Zack MacQueen

D

L

Truman Reed

D

R

Andrew Farny

D

L

Tyler Rockwell

D

L

Marcel Godbout

F

R

Nick Petrella

F

L

Tyler Vesel

F

R

Ryan Norman

F

R

Anthony Petrella

F

L

Chase Phelps

F

L

Alex Falconer

F

L

Max Becker

F

R

Nathan Noel

F

R

Broydon Stufko

F

R

Brett Boeing

F

L

Willie Raskob

D

R

Alex Rodriguez

F

R

Anthony Brodeur

G

L
Greenway is unchallenged becuase the Shattucks team he is on is not the stronger of the teams. He would be bored because again he is playing with players of average caliber. I am familiar with every player on his team! This is the team, if he were ranked that high, he would have been on:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Ive said Henley is a first round pick. I like Henley. I do not agree with your prediction of saying he and Werenski are being floated as #2 picks. Werenski yes, Henley no. Henley is further down. I know Henley and Greenway extremely well. Im still quite puzzled that u dont think Greenway/Mcdavid would not be a good match. Explain why if u choose? Kirwan and Greenway I believe go in the Top 6. Im actually pretty surprised u dont think highly of Greenway. He is destroying his league, is completely unchallenged, he too plays down to that level.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:42 PM
checkmate3

Sorry for the long extension of that post LOL.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
Sorry for the long extension of that post LOL.
We agree to disagree, interesting none the less. I dont need an introduction to Troy Henley as u suggest. Ive seen him 25 times this year. Ive known about Henley for years, im aware he played on the 96 comcast team. I know he was coached by Mark Messier's dad a few years ago on the 97 new york rangers peewee team. He does not get selected #2 as u suggest. Ive heard great things about his attitude, which is very important, to say nothing of his very appealing physical edge and skates well.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:40 PM
mapleleaf979

Here is a rundown of Luke Kirwan's current team roster birthdates: EJHL Islanders

6 players born 1992
11 players born 1993
4 players born 1994
3 players born 1995
0 players born 1996
1 player born in 1997

*Kirwan is 6-2 215 all muscle, looks 25 yrs old. One of his team-mates turns 21 in a few weeks. He is the second heaviest player on his team behind a 6-6 220 , 93 born Dman. His birthdate is September 24/1997. He just turned 15 and his height and weight was posted as a 14yr old. Kirwan has an OHL shot and beyond right at this current time. Kirwan has the hardest shot in this draft, if he comes here, no doubt about it. The kid has extremely strong skating and stick skills and is a major physical presense. Does that sound like anyone in Ontario? Nope. If Kirwin comes here he is gone VERY VERY EARLY. Top 2-3-4 , probably earlier than Greenway, could go back to back one or the other. Reporting to certain teams will be the only thing holding these 2 out of the top 5. Kirwan currently un-commited, rumblings he is coming.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:53 PM
mapleleaf979

If the all the American boys come to the draft this is how I see the top 5. As i said a few day ago #6 through 15 , U have 20 guys u could slot in there. Its will be tougher to guage.

1. Day
2. Werenski or Kirwan
3. Kirwin or Werenski
4. Greenway
5. Matt Spencer (argueable)

* The fact that Werenski plays U18 bodes well for his future, his production is extremely good.
Kirwan the fact that he plays U20 @ 14 at the beginning of the year also shows where these 2 are at. These 2 play against the toughest competion on a nightly basis compared to anyone in this draft. They both contribute immediately in the OHL.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:54 PM
chewerjones

Remember guys, when I posted the top 15, IT WAS FOR ONTARIO KIDS ONLY AND DIDNT INCLUDE THE KIDS PLAYING IN THE US.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:08 PM
wingman22

Quote:
If the all the American boys come to the draft this is how I see the top 5. As i said a few day ago #6 through 15 , U have 20 guys u could slot in there. Its will be tougher to guage.

1. Day
2. Werenski or Kirwan
3. Kirwin or Werenski
4. Greenway

* The fact that Werenski plays U18 bodes well for his future, his production is extremely good.
Kirwan the fact that he plays U20 @ 14 at the beginning of the year also shows where these 2 are at. These 2 play against the toughest competion on a nightly basis compared to anyone in this draft. They both contribute immediately in the OHL.
USA NDTP are doing everything they can to keep the USA kids. Even asking for commitments before the team is announced.
o
OHL teams on hold for a month to see what position they will pick as well as the availability of Non Canadian players.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:09 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman22 View Post
USA NDTP are doing everything they can to keep the USA kids. Even asking for commitments before the team is announced.
o
OHL teams on hold for a month to see what position they will pick as well as the availability of Non Canadian players.
They've always done that. It's not new. A guy like Eichel had been committed to the NTDP a year before they actually named his team.

12-31-2012, 07:22 PM
checkmate3

Now we're talkin' Leaf..agree with this analogy 100%!
Quote:

1. Day
2. Werenski or Kirwan
3. Kirwin or Werenski
4. Greenway

Old
12-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Garyboy

Kirwan sounds like quite the physical specimen. Does he play a physical brand of hockey considering the size of him? I really hope he's on one of the American teams that comes to the OHL Cup. Would love to see what he can do against Ontario's best.

** Happy New Year's, guys. It's a lot of fun talking/learning about all the various prospects from posters like mapleleaf, Chewer, and all the others that post and contribute regularly. Hopefully Tigers resurfaces in 2013, as he's a great poster with a wealth of info. This has always been my favorite level of hockey, so it's great to have a board with such well informed men to let you know what's what. Have a safe and happy new years, to all of you.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:44 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Kirwan sounds like quite the physical specimen. Does he play a physical brand of hockey considering the size of him? I really hope he's on one of the American teams that comes to the OHL Cup. Would love to see what he can do against Ontario's best.

** Happy New Year's, guys. It's a lot of fun talking/learning about all the various prospects from posters like mapleleaf, Chewer, and all the others that post and contribute regularly. Hopefully Tigers resurfaces in 2013, as he's a great poster with a wealth of info. This has always been my favorite level of hockey, so it's great to have a board with such well informed men to let you know what's what. Have a safe and happy new years, to all of you.
Thanks Garyboy. Happy New Years Garyboy, u have great posts and knowledge/insight in minor midget and the bantam marlie classic reviews were a fantastic read. To all HF boards, happy new year.

Kirwan plays a physical brand of hockey. I wouldnt want to see him in his age group, he would truely HURT kids his own age. The weight he has and the speed he generates results in some pretty nasty hitting. Ive seen games of him this year, where 19-20 yr old Dmen completely panic when this 14-15yr old forechecks. People wont believe this kid is 15 when they see him, he is a ripped 15yr old, very wide body. He should not have the quick feet/acceleration he has with his size, but he does. He takes small, powerful strides, this skating stride reminds me of Jerry D'amigo. I believe players in the OHL will fear him in year 1, if he comes to the O. Imagine how most 14-15 yr olds would react playing in a league full of 19-20-21 yr olds? Pretty unique player.

Old
01-01-2013, 01:13 AM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
Thanks Garyboy. Happy New Years Garyboy, u have great posts and knowledge/insight in minor midget and the bantam marlie classic reviews were a fantastic read. To all HF boards, happy new year.

Kirwan plays a physical brand of hockey. I wouldnt want to see him in his age group, he would truely HURT kids his own age. The weight he has and the speed he generates results in some pretty nasty hitting. Ive seen games of him this year, where 19-20 yr old Dmen completely panic when this 14-15yr old forechecks. People wont believe this kid is 15 when they see him, he is a ripped 15yr old, very wide body. He should not have the quick feet/acceleration he has with his size, but he does. He takes small, powerful strides, this skating stride reminds me of Jerry D'amigo. I believe players in the OHL will fear him in year 1, if he comes to the O. Imagine how most 14-15 yr olds would react playing in a league full of 19-20-21 yr olds? Pretty unique player.
Sounds like Justin sefton

Old
01-01-2013, 10:41 AM
mapleleaf979

If Sean Day gets ES status this year, he will be the fourth player to get ES, out of 10 players. 6 have been denied since 2004. Spezza and Fata are not included. The one name that has been published (unfairly) is well known and is an NHL second round pick(Panthers), but the other 5 have been kept under wraps and thats probably a good thing. Its pretty hard on a young player to be denied. Im sure a few can figure out some of those other 5 names. The openness of Day's intent for ES in late November is a first and basically signals its a lock.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:52 AM
ImaBullsfan

just wondering, where would you place Quinte red devil Brodie Butt in the draft?

Old
01-01-2013, 11:04 AM
wings5

I think Ottawa 67's getting Sean Day would be huge for them. Someone said that Erie requires a sniper like Korostelev perhaps even more than a defenceman. I think Day if available is too good to pass up. If Erie drafts 2nd though can't see them going with Konecny either way.

Old
01-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Garyboy

Quote:

Thank you kindly, mapleleaf.

YEESH! Kirwan sounds a lot like Eric Lindros when he played as a 15 year old leading the St. Michaels Buzzers to a Metro Junior B and Provincial championship. If that's an apt comparison, WOW! I'm assuming he's not quite on par with Lindros as a 15 year old, as he'd be a sure fire number 1 overall pick, but Kirwan does sound very impressive.

Here's hoping he's on one of those thrown together American teams that comes to the OHL Cup. Would love to see him play. Especially against his age group.

Old
01-01-2013, 01:12 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

YEESH! Kirwan sounds a lot like Eric Lindros when he played as a 15 year old leading the St. Michaels Buzzers to a Metro Junior B and Provincial championship. If that's an apt comparison, WOW! I'm assuming he's not quite on par with Lindros as a 15 year old, as he'd be a sure fire number 1 overall pick, but Kirwan does sound very impressive.

Here's hoping he's on one of those thrown together American teams that comes to the OHL Cup. Would love to see him play. Especially against his age group.
Its funny u say Lindros, that was the one player that crossed my mind. He is a legit 215-220, Ive heard he is now 6-3, He had NHL size at 13-14. He plays Junior A level at 14-15, I believe Lindros was the last to play Junior A at 15? Im not 100% sure. Now kids get ES but years ago it was different. Kirwan and Greenway have the best physical gifts in the draft, in my opinion, if they come to the OHL. I do not expect the US and Ontario boys to go to the first team that wants them, one or several could fall because of not wanting to report to a certain team. Erie should have no issues, Peterborough might unless they get #1. The OHL wants all the ES players to go #! even though its not written in any rule. The ES candidate isnt told to go #1 but if the ES candidate says he doesnt want to go #1 because he does not want to play on a certain team (like Mcfarland to Erie several yrs ago) it does not go over well.

I dont see Kirwan even in his 3rd year in the OHL being a 80-100 point guy, but the 60-75 range, 30-40 goals with a physical presence. He is a better sniper than playmaker. Id love to see him get more Ice on the team he plays with now.

Old
01-01-2013, 01:37 PM
mapleleaf979

My mistake Lindros played Junior B at 14-15. Just to clarify though, he doesnt hit to the level of Lindros, Im not sure your ever going to see anyone hit like Lindros at that age. But Kirwan is a physical presence for sure.

Old
01-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Garyboy

Thanks mapleleaf. Yeah, I can't imagine us seeing a prospect with Lindros' physical gifts ever again. Have you heard anything about Kirwan being made available to play in the OHL Cup? I remember Team Elite Hockey from New Jersey had quite a few Jr players on their roster at last year's OHL Cup. Seems logical, as I'm sure OHL teams would love to see how he fares against the cream of the crop from his age group in Ontario.

Old
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
mapleleaf979

I dont know if he will be there. If his team goes far in the playoffs they will be playing during the OHL cup, this year the EJHL regular season ends Feb 24th compared to last year Feb 19th. Last playoff game last year was March 14 2012. Ohl cup is March 12-17.

Old
01-01-2013, 04:43 PM
chewerjones

Quote:

I think we are getting a bit carried away.

Eric Lindros was the best prospect to come up into the system since Gretzky and Lemieux, and brought a type of game that no one could compare to. He was the best playmaker, best skater, best hitter and was bigger than anyone. Too bad for injuries. He was WORLD KNOWN AND ANTICIPATED.

Crosby and McDavid were and are stars in the making, and second tier to Lemieux, Gretzky and Lindros.

But to say that Kirwan and Greenway are Lindros type. WOW. Last time I checked the web, or media , they are at most locally and regionally known, NOT world known.

I dont doubt that they will be good/great players in the OHL or US program, but to say that they are Lindros Like, I must disagree.

JMO

Old
01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I think we are getting a bit carried away.

Eric Lindros was the best prospect to come up into the system since Gretzky and Lemieux, and brought a type of game that no one could compare to. He was the best playmaker, best skater, best hitter and was bigger than anyone. Too bad for injuries. He was WORLD KNOWN AND ANTICIPATED.

Crosby and McDavid were and are stars in the making, and second tier to Lemieux, Gretzky and Lindros.

But to say that Kirwan and Greenway are Lindros type. WOW. Last time I checked the web, or media , they are at most locally and regionally known, NOT world known.

I dont doubt that they will be good/great players in the OHL or US program, but to say that they are Lindros Like, I must disagree.

JMO
No one said he was as good as Lindros or on that level of prospect. The physical elements as far as a 14 yr old being massive are similar. Nothing else was compared.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:11 PM
mapleleaf979

*delete

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 01-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Closed Thread