HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 8.0 - "Time on Ice" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
overlords
#FakeBlous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphabs View Post
Don't know if you guys know, but according to IIHF site, Galchenchuk now has 7 points, 2 goals and 5 assists, following his team's win 9-3 over Slovakia today. I think the game wasn't televised so it was kind of buried. That means he had 1 goal and 2 assists in that game. Should have had more in a 9-3 rout. Bust.
He had 1g 1a today. 2 points, not 3.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Jakomyte

I was just thinking, imagine we had picked Grigorenko instead of Galchenyuk? I'm thinking these boards would be exploding! Everyone would be saying: "Look how many points Galchenyuk has on a weaker US team! Why didn't we take him!? Grigorenk-bust!".

I also like the comment about how, not only is Gally 2nd in tournament scoring, but he's also the only 18-year old in the top 10 in scoring... except for Collberg

We have an amazing forward prospect for the first time in a LONG time. I just wished the fan base could appreciated him....

Old
12-31-2012, 01:37 PM
overlords
#FakeBlous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Yeah, it would have been Kuraly's goal if Trouba was there a second later.

Not really talking about the goals itself, but just the chances in general. We see it in Sarnia all the time, especially on the PP, when Galchenyuk looks for Basso to open up for a point shot. If not, he circles around the face-off circle and releases his wrist shot. Haven't seen it much this tournament, but if there's a chance for him to shoot, he will.
Yeah, I agree that if Gally has chemistry with anyone on this team, it's trouba. It seems the guys on his line have trouble just completing the cycle with him.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:44 PM
shutehinside

2nd leading scorer overall on one of the weaker teams and Gally isn't playing well?
Welcome to HF Boards!

Old
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

On his goal today he seemed, not kidding, about 2-3 steps ahead of the play. I'm no expert and a little biased, but believe 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
We have an amazing forward prospect for the first time in a LONG time. I just wished the fan base could appreciated him....
'Cause clearly not thinking he's awesome in this tournament means we don't appreciate him and think he'll bust. That's just as bad as an analysis than people wanting to trade him because he's suppose to suck right now, which he doesn't like I keep saying.

As far as if we'd have Grigo instead of Gally, which again I hope this madness stops soon, but for the fun of it....most "experts" keeps repeating that Grigo is amongst Russia's best no matter the points. While nobody mentions Gally for the US. Are they all wrong or all right? Who cares, only our own opinions count but I can tell you that for the same number of people who would say that we should have went with Gally based on points and so on.....you would have also a number of people saying that he had his best games against weaker teams. So nothing changes....no matter who we take. People might be different. But the number of people for pros and cons would be quite similar.

Having said all of that....I hope this Grigo/Huberdeau madness stops soon and frankly, for once, I agree with the main board that are actually wondering where the hell those comparisons are coming from. It's from here. And it makes total nonsense. Gally was and still is the guy to go. He will be a future star and will end up play a significant role for us. Huberdeau was not in the mix at the time. And neither Grigo who had fall from a lot of people. Gally based on position, type of player, work ethic and caracter is EXACTLY what we needed.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:54 PM
jphabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He had 1g 1a today. 2 points, not 3.
Sorry, my bad. He's still tied for second in tournament scoring playing on a awful team.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Harry22
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphabs View Post
Sorry, my bad. He's still tied for second in tournament scoring playing on a awful team.
The U.S aren't an awful team...

Old
12-31-2012, 01:57 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

A little off topic, but its going to be funny to see how Gally and Kristo react to eachother as a person and team players. Sorry if this is too off topic. Just a random funny thought.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

It is often the think with highly regarded prospects. They will be analysed more severely and frankly, I don't think it's that bad unless people exagerrate and want him traded and so on. And when you are that highly regarded, there's only one place to go is down unfortunately. Look at Collberg. I've loved what I've seen from him for 2 reasons: He's doing what he does best which is score and be a PP dangerous threat. Would have love to see him be more dangerous on ES, probably, but he had his chances as well. But most importantly, after that freakin season he's having with all those ups and downs, it would have been easy for him to just not come in the greatest of minds and not have a good tournament and he does. While Gally leads his team in points, a weak team, Collberg also has his own merits. But neither are perfect. Neither are awful.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Three of them. The only one he did not assist on was the goal against Germany.

But you're absolutely bang on with this point. Galchenyuk and Trouba have excellent chemistry together, whether it's 5-on-5, 5-on-4, any situation really. Gally always manages to find Trouba open, and is the reason for Trouba getting 2-3 quality shots a game.
Its not hard to tell who the only 2 NHLers are on team USA.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
A little off topic, but its going to be funny to see how Gally and Kristo react to eachother as a person and team players. Sorry if this is too off topic. Just a random funny thought.
Kristo-Gally-Collberg.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
2nd leading scorer overall on one of the weaker teams and Gally isn't playing well?
Welcome to HF Boards!
All thats happening atm on the boards is a battle between the "stat guys" and the "wannabe scouts who observe gameplay"

it all means absolutely nothing as housley has just failed since the begining. i put myself more in the middle of this "battle" and ill say, his gameplay does look good, some things ive seen really make me go wow, i WOULd like to see a bit more dominance, but the points dont lie, he will be a PP machine in the NHL, and all hes got right now is freakin trouba

Old
12-31-2012, 02:04 PM
OneSharpMarble

Amazing how Galchenyuk is top 2 and the next closer US player is Trouba! Kid is getting zero help.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Seb
Michel Therrien

vCash: 50
Quote:
To be fair, Trouba's goal today was going in whether he touched it or not.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...91596&catid=-6
Cammalleri's move right here

Old
12-31-2012, 02:15 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Kristo-Gally-Collberg.
LOL NICE! Make them room together and video it. Pure GOLD!

Old
12-31-2012, 02:25 PM
overlords
#FakeBlous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Cammalleri's move right here
Cammy rarely had to wait 15 minutes for the pass, though

Old
12-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
All thats happening atm on the boards is a battle between the "stat guys" and the "wannabe scouts who observe gameplay"

it all means absolutely nothing as housley has just failed since the begining. i put myself more in the middle of this "battle" and ill say, his gameplay does look good, some things ive seen really make me go wow, i WOULd like to see a bit more dominance, but the points dont lie, he will be a PP machine in the NHL, and all hes got right now is freakin trouba
But there's also the fact that while I would not make Housley coach my Midget team, that Kerdiles and Noesen weren't available. And that a reunion of coaches thought Boucher was not needed.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Cammy rarely had to wait 15 minutes for the pass, though
And it's much easier to drop down when you're 3'5 as opposed to 6'2.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Roulin

I didn't realize until today that Housley's regular gig is coaching high school. There must be some decent junior and college coaches born in the USA who would love to coach the WJC team.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
I was just thinking, imagine we had picked Grigorenko instead of Galchenyuk? I'm thinking these boards would be exploding! Everyone would be saying: "Look how many points Galchenyuk has on a weaker US team! Why didn't we take him!? Grigorenk-bust!".

I also like the comment about how, not only is Gally 2nd in tournament scoring, but he is also the only 18-year old in the top 10 in scoring... except for Collberg

Just because the TSN commentator does not like Galchenyuk does not mean he is having a bad tournament. He is the best 18 year old in the tournament. And Housley does not play him very much. Imagine if he was used 20 to 22 mins a game, he would probably lead the tournament in scoring.

Last edited by Undertakerqc: 12-31-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old
12-31-2012, 03:02 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But there's also the fact that while I would not make Housley coach my Midget team, that Kerdiles and Noesen weren't available. And that a reunion of coaches thought Boucher was not needed.
Kerdiles' suspension would've been over. He was available.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Kerdiles' suspension would've been over. He was available.
Yet, with not enough games, they decided to stick with who they had. Kerdiles didn't have enough games played for them. No suspension, more games. More games, clearly an obvious choice. But frankly, he would have been a choice for me even with less games.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Beendair Donedat

We've got a world class prospect that's putting up great numbers as an 18 year old (the best in the tournament) and people are complaining because he isn't fitting into their mode of how "they'd like to see him play."

Comical.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
The U.S aren't an awful team...
Their offense is

Closed Thread