HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

Rookie of the Year

View Poll Results: Who wins Rookie of the Year?
Andrew Luck 20 21.74%
Robert Griffin III 44 47.83%
Russell Wilson 24 26.09%
Doug Martin 0 0%
Alfred Morris 3 3.26%
Other 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Getz2perry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
The Colts beat only 3 teams who finished over .500 this year. I'm sorry but is that really that impressive?
Would you like to go count how many teams redskins beat over 500?

Redskins won 3 games vs teams above 500
Seattle won 5 if you include the interception touchdown which i dont.
Colts won 3

dont get the argument

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
A great team accomplishment. Luck's qb rating is on par with guys like Sanchez. He's an interception machine with a low completion percentage.
Well, he was talking about the Colts as a TEAM, right?

Luck has shown poise in crunch time multiple times, but he can also look like Tony Romo at times. I'd pick RG3, Wilson and Alfred Morris before him.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
A great team accomplishment. Luck's qb rating is on par with guys like Sanchez. He's an interception machine with a low completion percentage.
He is throwing all game long, not handing the ball off or running the ball, lot of times hes playing from behind, and under a ton more pressure, and throwing into a lot tougher pass defenses because of their lack of a run game. I will take 11-5 with 18 interceptions any day of the week.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Would you like to go count how many teams redskins beat over 500?

Redskins won 3 games vs teams above 500
Seattle won 5 if you include the interception touchdown which i dont.
Colts won 3

dont get the argument
Luck also lost at home to the Jaguars. griffin was just simply the better qb this year, its not really up for debate. If they played on the same team, Luck would be the back up. That's why Griffin is the deserving winner.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
He is throwing all game long, not handing the ball off or running the ball, lot of times hes playing from behind, and under a ton more pressure, and throwing into a lot tougher pass defenses because of their lack of a run game. I will take 11-5 with 18 interceptions any day of the week.
Its not likely to be very sustainable.He's going to have to cut down on the picks to maintain that success. he very well could cut down on those picks and I wouldn't be shocked if he did, but in 2012, Griffin was better at the game of football and that's who the award goes to.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I'm not buying that crap that Luck had nothing to work with. Last I checked he still had Reggie Wayne and T.Y. Hilton is pretty good as well.

Of course that doesn't compare with the amazing talent at WR that RGIII had with Pierre Garcon, Leonard Hankerson and Santana Moss.

Luck's QB Rating was worse than Blaine Gabbert's. The only qualified QB with a worse completion percentage was Chad Henne. He threw 18 INT's, tied for second worst in the league with Mark Sanchez.

I'm sorry but Andrew Luck wasn't good this year and it's embarrassing that he's even being discussed as the ROY.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
He's a lot of the reason they play from behind a lot. He's like Tebow last year. Play awful most of the game, have a late drive and comeback.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:13 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Its not likely to be very sustainable.He's going to have to cut down on the picks to maintain that success. he very well could cut down on those picks and I wouldn't be shocked if he did, but in 2012, Griffin was better at the game of football and that's who the award goes to.
peyton threw 28 interceptions his rookie season, and now considered 1 of the best qbs of all time.when your a pure pocket passer as a rookie interceptions come, coming from college straight to pros your going to throw picks, the thing is his interceptions were not losing them any games and he wasnt getting down on himself for throwing the interception he was learning from his mistakes.. After this season if they had a reroll on the draft id take luck first with no after thought.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Luck is clutch, sure. His comeback wins aren't that significant when he's part of the reason that the Colts are down in the first place.

Luck is completely overrated. He had more turnovers than touchdowns and he could barely complete half his passes. He broke Cam's passing record because of how much he's asked to throw a game and the fact that the Colts have no running game.

Don't get me wrong, I think Luck will be good.. but I don't get the hype.

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Luck is clutch, sure. His comeback wins aren't that significant when he's part of the reason that the Colts are down in the first place.

Luck is completely overrated. He had more turnovers than touchdowns and he could barely complete half his passes. He broke Cam's passing record because of how much he's asked to throw a game and the fact that the Colts have no running game.

Don't get me wrong, I think Luck will be good.. but I don't get the hype.
Isn't that kinda of contradiction, you think hell be good but you dont get the hype?

The hype is hes the next big QB to take the place of Manning and Brady when they retire. People are excited for his future, they think he will be great.

I like griffin and wilson and have been impressed by their styles but i think luck prooved this season he was worth the hype and yes hes numbers dont look as clean as griffins/wilsons but i think he showed his ability to make mistakes and learn from them. Luck was fearless he threw interceptions trying to make impossible throws in tight holes.

Like i stated before a lot of griffins passes were fairly easy because of the run game and that is credit to griffins speed and ability, but i dont think its fair to look at the stats and say hey griffins completed 60 percent of his passes and threw more touchdowns and less interceptions because griffin never had to try and make those risky passes.

Ill admit i dint get a chance to watch wilson play to much... so i wont really judge on him but i do know seattles defense is beastly.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
This thread got out of hand in a hurry. Luck is being mentioned with guys like Gabbert, Sanchez, and Tebow now. That's more embarrassing than him being discussed as ROY. I guess that's what happens when you only look at the stats.

He's not the ROY but he wasn't bad this season. He actually had a very good season for a rookie QB. RG3 and Wilson were just better.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Russell Wilson imo.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:16 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Bob griffin times three

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Statistically, Griffin and Wilson are close, they are within a couple points of each other rating wise. I thought Wilson was better down the stretch (honestly, rg3 didn't play very well last night), but I think its really impressive that Griffin only threw five IIInterceptions all year long.

Wilson, based on his performance toward the end of the year, especially against the niners.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Garo

Quote:
Luck also lost at home to the Jaguars.
Oh, now he lost that game?

It certainly wasn't the blown coverage by some guy who's not even on the team anymore, after Luck led a drive down the field for what should have been a GWFG.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Trap Jesus

I'd give it to Wilson. He really capitalized on the opportunities he got, and only really had two poor games all year.

I was more impressed with Martin than Morris, even with a few subpar games late in hte year. He turned out to be a major factor in the receiving game as well, something that Morris was non-existent in.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:35 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Voted Luck by accident, meant to vote Russell Wilson.

Man oh man was this rookie class ever so impressive. Had Henne been the QB since day 1, Blackmonville would be worthy of a nod and he would have easily cracked 1000 yards with more rec and td then he ended up with (wouldn't win over any of the above, but would deserve recognition).

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Wilson.

He'll also end up having the best career.

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:06 PM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
Great year for ROY... I voted RG3, but Wilson and Luck worthy and deserving.

I won't be disappointed as long as one of these 3 QBs wins it

DJyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:56 PM
m9

People need to differentiate better between what the player did this year and what they might still do in the future. The top four nominees are RG3, Wilson, Martin, and Morris. Yet if I'm drafting tomorrow I still take Luck over all those guys. It seems Luck supporters get so hurt when you think someone else should win the award and I don't get it. Nobody is saying the Colts made a mistake drafting Luck over RG3, most just think he had the better season. That's it.

As for support, it's fairly even. Indy picked Ballard over Morris, so they must feel like he offers something at least similar. The Colts also have two wrs better than anything the Skins have, and a pair of talented TE's.

Griffin and Wilson are the top two choices. Griffin has less around him and won the division, to break the tie. RG3 should and will win.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Cullksinikers

OROY: Griffin
DROY: Hayward/Kuechly

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Aquin001 on Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
OROY: Griffin
DROY: Hayward/Kuechly
On Defence, I'd have to think Janoris Jenkins would be in the mix as well. Set the NFL Rookie record and led the entire league with 4 defensive touchdowns. I'd personally go with Kuechly though.

Aquin001 on Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

With Luck attempting his best Brett Favre impression this year, I think RG3 is your unanimous rookie of the year! Either him or Morris. Both played heavy contributions this year.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Rhaego

RG3PO

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:21 PM
MK9

Blair Walsh!