HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

NoahH57's 2013 Mock Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 07:16 PM
  #1
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
NoahH57's 2013 Mock Draft

My 2013 Mock Draft, draft order set by www.DraftPickLottery.com, according to place of finish last season. The players chosen aren't solely based on BPA. I also took into account team needs.

1. Nathan Mackinnon

2. Seth Jones

3. Alexander Barkov

4. Jonathan Drouin

5. Elias Lindholm

6. Sean Monahan

7. Ryan Pulock

8. Rasmus Ristolainen

9. Hunter Shinkaruk

10. Curtis Lazar

11. Josh Morrissey

12. Adam Erne

13. Valeri Nichushkin

14. Max Domi

15. Andre Burakowski

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:16 PM
  #2
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
16. Darnell Nurse

17. Nikita Zadorov

18. (from ) Robert Hagg

19. J.T. Compher

20. Hudson Fasching

21. Zachary Fucale

22. Kerby Rychel

23. Ryan Kujawinski

24. Anthony Duclair

25. Steve Santini

26. (from ) Jacob de la Rose

27. Ian McCoshen

28. Spencer Martin

29. William Carrier

30. Frederick Gauthier


Last edited by NH57: 12-30-2012 at 07:23 PM.
NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:40 PM
  #3
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 500
I approve

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:43 PM
  #4
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
Devils will not take Fucale, we're going to pick forwards 1st 2 rounds.

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
  #5
Orange Thunder
Registered User
 
Orange Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,721
vCash: 500
Nice.

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:14 PM
  #6
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,267
vCash: 500
If Dallas does get screwed with 17, Zadarov is who I want. Oleksiak, Nemeth, Dillon, Vance, Zadarov... All at least 6'4". That's some insane size on the backend.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:05 PM
  #7
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =
 
I am Canadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
How many times did you run that simulator to get Montreal that high

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
  #8
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,470
vCash: 1004
No chance in hell the Sharks take Compher at 19. Duclair's my pick of what's left.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
  #9
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,041
vCash: 499
I approve of the habs pick

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:46 PM
  #10
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Canadian View Post
How many times did you run that simulator to get Montreal that high
Once. I based the number of balls based off of last year's standings.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 06:12 PM
  #11
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,470
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post
Once. I based the number of balls based off of last year's standings.
Use this url: http://timgur.com/nhl/draft/index#

It automatically has how many balls each team has. Montreal only has 1, so you were pretty lucky to get #4 if you ran it right and only once.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 02:00 PM
  #12
ManByng
Moroz fan
 
ManByng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Use this url: http://timgur.com/nhl/draft/index#

It automatically has how many balls each team has. Montreal only has 1, so you were pretty lucky to get #4 if you ran it right and only once.
^using this more logical system, this is what i came up with....

1. Detroit!!.........MacKinnon
2. Columbus........Jones
3. Minnesota.......Barkov
4. Calgary...........Drouin
5. Edmonton........Monahan
6. St. Louis..........Lindholm
7. Phoenix...........Ristolainen
8. Winnipeg..........Pulock
9. Buffalo.............Nichushkin
10. Nashville.........Shinkaruk
11. Colorado.........Erne
12. Carolina...........Morrissey
13. Chicago...........Zadorov
14. Boston............Nurse
15. Toronto...........Lazar
16. Anaheim...........Haag
17. Tampa.............Burakovsky
18. Columbus..........Mantha
19. San Jose..........Gauthier
20. Islanders..........Domi
21. Washington......Lehkonen
22. Pittsburgh........Duclair
23. Dallas..............Rychel
24. Jersey.............Fucale
25. Ottawa............Compher
26. Columbus.........Fashing
27. Florida.............Theodore
28. Philly...............Santini
29. Montreal..........Carrier
30. Vancouver........Klimchuk

bash away

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
  #13
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,818
vCash: 500
As talented as Nicushkin is, I don't see anyone using a first round pick on a guy signed for 3 more years in Russia. Kinda like Kirill Petrov in 2008, second ranked European, but didn't go till the third round due to contract status. Due to an ill mom, signed another 2 year contract in the summer. Meaning the earliest he plays his first NHL game, he'll be 24 or 25.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
  #14
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
As talented as Nicushkin is, I don't see anyone using a first round pick on a guy signed for 3 more years in Russia. Kinda like Kirill Petrov in 2008, second ranked European, but didn't go till the third round due to contract status. Due to an ill mom, signed another 2 year contract in the summer. Meaning the earliest he plays his first NHL game, he'll be 24 or 25.
24 or 25...? What?

He'll come over when he's 20-21. Should spend a year, maybe two max in the minors after that. You're off by at least two years.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:40 PM
  #15
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^using this more logical system, this is what i came up with....

1. Detroit!!.........MacKinnon
2. Columbus........Jones
3. Minnesota.......Barkov
4. Calgary...........Drouin
5. Edmonton........Monahan
6. St. Louis..........Lindholm
7. Phoenix...........Ristolainen
8. Winnipeg..........Pulock
9. Buffalo.............Nichushkin
10. Nashville.........Shinkaruk
11. Colorado.........Erne
12. Carolina...........Morrissey
13. Chicago...........Zadorov
14. Boston............Nurse
15. Toronto...........Lazar
16. Anaheim...........Haag
17. Tampa.............Burakovsky
18. Columbus..........Mantha
19. San Jose..........Gauthier
20. Islanders..........Domi
21. Washington......Lehkonen
22. Pittsburgh........Duclair
23. Dallas..............Rychel
24. Jersey.............Fucale
25. Ottawa............Compher
26. Columbus.........Fashing
27. Florida.............Theodore
28. Philly...............Santini
29. Montreal..........Carrier
30. Vancouver........Klimchuk

bash away
No way the Sabres take another centre, after Grigs and Girgs, and not to mention a Russian one . We haven't had our luck with Euro forwards in the past (I'm looking at you Zagrapan), so we are all hoping Grigorenko and Girgensons as well as Armia will live up to their potential. The Sabres would either add to their defence prospect pool, or add a big winger like Erne.


Last edited by couture23: 01-03-2013 at 03:19 PM.
couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:39 AM
  #16
kevrondl
Registered User
 
kevrondl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oshawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Use this url: http://timgur.com/nhl/draft/index#

It automatically has how many balls each team has. Montreal only has 1, so you were pretty lucky to get #4 if you ran it right and only once.
Clicked the "Bettman draft" option and nearly woke my household.

kevrondl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.