HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils D prospects for your F prospects

Old
12-31-2012, 01:09 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Devils D prospects for your F prospects

Devils have a logjam of NHL players on defense, and a lot of quality defensive talent in the pipeline, most of which are pro or close to going pro.

Jon Merrill (8.0C)
Alexander Urbom (7.0B)
Eric Gelinas (7.0C)
Brandon Burlon (7.0C)
Reece Scarlett (7.0C)
Damon Severson (7.0C)

In the meantime, outside of Matteau and a boom-or-bust Boucher the Devils have no forwards with top-6 talent and open spots on their NHL roster.

Any teams out there with a surplus of F talent that may be interested in a prospect swap?

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Vancouver would seem like an adequate trading partner, although I'm not sure how available some of our higher level forwards would be. would you have any interest in the following?

Anton Rodin (7.0C)
Alexandre Grenier (7.0C)
Darren Archibald (6.5D - 6 goals in 11 games this year tho so far)

I'm not gonna lie, all of these players are project players. Not of these guys project to be able to step in this season.

I'd be very interested in Urbom, myself. 2-for-1 maybe? I have no idea how highly he is valued to be honest.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 01:52 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Something around Merrill and Rattie?

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Puempel for Urbom

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Vancouver would seem like an adequate trading partner, although I'm not sure how available some of our higher level forwards would be. would you have any interest in the following?

Anton Rodin (7.0C)
Alexandre Grenier (7.0C)
Darren Archibald (6.5D - 6 goals in 11 games this year tho so far)

I'm not gonna lie, all of these players are project players. Not of these guys project to be able to step in this season.

I'd be very interested in Urbom, myself. 2-for-1 maybe? I have no idea how highly he is valued to be honest.
Before the Devils drafted Larsson, Lou referred to Urbom as their best prospect. He's NHL caliber right now.

That being said, we have 8 NHL defensemen on the roster and there simply isn't room for him unless moves are made.

Rodin appeals to me, though I'm not I'd move Urbom for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Puempel for Urbom
Sounds good to me.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Before the Devils drafted Larsson, Lou referred to Urbom as their best prospect. He's NHL caliber right now.

That being said, we have 8 NHL defensemen on the roster and there simply isn't room for him unless moves are made.

Rodin appeals to me, though I'm not I'd move Urbom for him.

Sounds good to me.
I don't blame you. Rodin hasn't been fantastic in NA so far, but like many Swedish players he may bloom late. He also may benefit from a different system, some believe.

To me, Archibald is an interesting prospect. He's been very good since coming up from the ECHL. He could end up being a 3rd line power forward type, unsure.

Our problem is we seem to have too many 2nd tier forward prospects that could amount to NHLers. Rodin, Grenier, Mallet, Archibald, and LaBate all COULD be NHLers in some capacity, but could just as easily bust. We have many project type players.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Merrill for Stone and Petersson?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Urbom for Pitlick ?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/tyler_pitlick/

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:39 PM
letmesleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Something around Merrill and Rattie?
I think I'd dig an idea like this. We have so many young forward prospects and are a little thin on the blue line so Rattie might be the odd man out.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:40 PM
boredmale

When was the last time we actually got a prospect for prospect trade(and I am not counting career AHL players for eachother)

The only ones that come to mind for me are when a guy is set to re-enter the draft so a team trades them

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
When was the last time we actually got a prospect for prospect trade(and I am not counting career AHL players for eachother)

The only ones that come to mind for me are when a guy is set to re-enter the draft so a team trades them
Ashton for Aulie, if you mean league wide.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:52 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Ashton for Aulie, if you mean league wide.
I guess while you can consider Aulie a prospect, Tampa made that trade to have a NHL player on their roster. I am talking about a pure trade of a prospect who hasn't sniffed the NHL yet(or had a cup of coffee at the most) who a team has hopes of them actually making some form of impact int he NHL.

I would look at that trade as a prospect(Ashton) for a guy who just stopped being one(Aulie) so it was a case Tampa got a better grasp what they were getting while the Leafs got the higher upside in the deal but more potential to bust

ETA: I guess one could argue the Lindros trade had 2 high end prospects(Forsberg and Lindros) plus one good prospect(Chris Simon) involved but that would be a special case

Last edited by boredmale: 12-31-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:

Does Negrin for Aliu count?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Does Negrin for Aliu count?
fair enough. only thing I will say about this though is it seems like a case where a team was forced into a trade(ie he was retired and the flames talked him out of retiring so the jets unloaded him for a very marginal NHL prospect), not exactly the Devils trading Jon Merrill for a teams top forward prospect

Old
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
fair enough. only thing I will say about this though is it seems like a case where a team was forced into a trade(ie he was retired and the flames talked him out of retiring so the jets unloaded him for a very marginal NHL prospect)
Hodgson for Kassian?

Again, notable flaws with this trade too. Often teams trade players after they've had a small amount of NHL experience first.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

Rundblad for Tarasenko kinda fits.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Hodgson for Kassian?

Again, notable flaws with this trade too. Often teams trade players after they've had a small amount of NHL experience first.
That would be same as Aulie for Ashton(and I would argue Hodgson was farther along then Aulie when traded)

Quote:
Rundblad for Tarasenko kinda fits.
That would be prospect for a draft pick which I have seen a few although most of those usually in the case of prospect doesn't want to sign with team(see Erixon). I would consider this a better example then the above trades though because nothing really was forcing St Louis to make the deal and neither team didn't get a player who would help the team anytime soon and also Rundblad was considered a top tier prospect at the time(while the 15th pick had value as well)

All that being said I don't see many GMs willing to do a pure prospect for prospect trade since nobody wants to be that GM who trades a star NHLer for a guy who amounted to nothing

Last edited by boredmale: 12-31-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old
12-31-2012, 04:27 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
That would be prospect for a draft pick which I have seen a few although most of those usually in the case of prospect doesn't want to sign with team(see Erixon). I would consider this a better example then the above trades though because nothing really was forcing St Louis to make the deal and neither team didn't get a player who would help the team anytime soon and also Rundblad was considered a top tier prospect at the time(while the 15th pick had value as well)
And I agree these trades don't happen very often. GMs don't want to get burned by trading a prospect they picked and having them hit it big on a different team.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:31 PM
boredmale

Quote:
And I agree these trades don't happen very often. GMs don't want to get burned by trading a prospect they picked and having them hit it big on a different team.
As I said I will count it because the more I think about it, nothing forced St Louis' hand to trade Rundblad and they knew exactly what they were getting since they made the trade right before the pick(ie it wasn't a blind trade before the draft)

Old
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
At the draft St. Louis approached Ottawa to get their pick. When asked why, they commented saying they felt they had strong depth in D. They were high on Tarasenko and made an offer that would be hard for Ottawa to turn down.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I'd rather not do the Puempel trade. Puempel's a good player and a great goalscorer, but I think he would struggle in Pete DeBoer's system

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Zippy316

I could see this being part of a bigger deal, but I don't think you will see Puempel for Urbom deals going down.

Very rarely do you see players with no NHL experience get traded for a player with no NHL experience. Devils best bet to get a forward is an Urbom+pick for a third line guy who might be able to play on the second line, a Mason Raymond type player.

Then again, the team the Devils are trading Urbom to has to want or need defensive prospects close to NHL ready. The Devils shouldn't trade any of their defensive prospects unless it's part of a bigger package, otherwise just trade away a defender for a forward if the young guys falter next year.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
If this isn't limited to forward wingers. Schroeder is certainly a possibility from Vancouver's perpective and closer to making the NHL jump. Raymond is obviously a roster piece we would move

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Greeningfan14

I like Urbom. Anyone you like on the Sens?

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:19 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Go big or go home: Merrill for Silfverberg