HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Plekanec

Old
12-31-2012, 08:46 PM
MISC*
Negged.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Kassian, Gaunce and a first maybe but you can keep Raymond.
3 1st round pics for Pleks?

Ya, okay.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:03 PM
glenbuis

Don't you get the sense though that Plekanac is the only sure thing in the trade.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Kassian, Gaunce and a first maybe but you can keep Raymond.
Then I'll pass, I like Pleks but I don't think we can afford him if thats the asking price.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:43 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
Then I'll pass, I like Pleks but I don't think we can afford him if thats the asking price.
I could see that might be a bit much to. Has anyone heard any news regarding his inujry. (plekanacs)

Old
01-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Don't you get the sense though that Plekanac is the only sure thing in the trade.
While that may be true, it's also irrelevant. Hossa and Kovalchuk are superior players and neither garnered a return that high. I'm good with possibly dealing Kassian but not both him and Gaunce.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 07:48 AM
ulysse84

---> PLEKANEC + 2nd + 3rd 2013 (CH)

---> 1st 2013 - C. MURPHY

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse84 View Post

Plekanec alone should be enough for that. As good as Timmins is at drafting in the 2nd, no way we give up a 2nd and a 3rd with Plekanec for a mid 1st and a very good prospect. When you consider we have a more pressing need for a big LW prospect with size and talent, this is a poor use of our most valuable trading asset. I am not saying C. Murphy has no value, I am simply saying that based on our team's needs, this is not the right deal for Plekanec alone.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Hugo Sham

the proposals in this thread are awful. every prospect offered is not necessarily as good as the young centers and wingers we already have in the system + we have 4 top 60 picks in 2013 AND trading Plekanecs creates a massive hole at center. he's not available, and we're not rebuilding and MB is not starting the season with Eller and 1 good year of desharnais as his centers 1-2...sorry hab fan, turtleneck haters

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
glenbuis

We may not be rebuilding to you, but it's been 20 yrs since we last won the cup. We could add a piece here and there but realistically well finish around the middle of the pack and get a middle pick. We have an awesome young core to build around in Price, Subban, Galy, Eller, Patches, Tinordi etc.. By rounding up some first rounders and Solid prospects to compliment them we could be far better off in 3-4 yrs then we will be by finishing in the middle for the next 20 yrs.

Old
01-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
We may not be rebuilding to you, but it's been 20 yrs since we last won the cup. We could add a piece here and there but realistically well finish around the middle of the pack and get a middle pick. We have an awesome young core to build around in Price, Subban, Galy, Eller, Patches, Tinordi etc.. By rounding up some first rounders and Solid prospects to compliment them we could be far better off in 3-4 yrs then we will be by finishing in the middle for the next 20 yrs.
drafting is 1/3 of building a team--trades and FA's the other. there are numerous examples of teams - Detroit, NJ etc...who do not sell off their best vets to 'rebuild'. The obsession with trading plekanecs right now is idiotic. you don't know very much about the montreal ticket paying fan-base and you weren't paying attention to what Geoff Molson said when he fired Gauthier if u think habs are going to tank or sell-off important vets to possibly be better 4 years down the road.

Old
01-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
drafting is 1/3 of building a team--trades and FA's the other. there are numerous examples of teams - Detroit, NJ etc...who do not sell off their best vets to 'rebuild'. The obsession with trading plekanecs right now is idiotic. you don't know very much about the montreal ticket paying fan-base and you weren't paying attention to what Geoff Molson said when he fired Gauthier if u think habs are going to tank or sell-off important vets to possibly be better 4 years down the road.
It is highly likely that either one of Plekanec or Desharnais gets traded soon enough and if that is management's plan I hope they use their brains and maximize the value we get in return instead of how we've been handling veterans in the past.

I don't like your eternal mediocrity plan and don't forget the "Mickey Mouse" organization comment by Gretzky (NJ) and the "Dead Wings". When those teams sucked, they really sucked, but that was so long ago.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
glenbuis

Oh. Let me get this straight. Because some guy named Geoff Molson said something like were gonna be a winner or something then it's done. Some guy in a suit whos probalbly never even played hockey. The way i see it theres two ways to go about it. Try to add to the core we have now and add a coupla pieces to try and contend for the cup, or look at a 2-3 yr plan and be a serious contender for a while.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
It is highly likely that either one of Plekanec or Desharnais gets traded soon enough and if that is management's plan I hope they use their brains and maximize the value we get in return instead of how we've been handling veterans in the past.

I don't like your eternal mediocrity plan and don't forget the "Mickey Mouse" organization comment by Gretzky (NJ) and the "Dead Wings". When those teams sucked, they really sucked, but that was so long ago.
huh? NJ and Detroit got better because of smart drafting NOT necessarily high picks + a host of other solid management decisions. imbeciles have run the Habs. it's a miracle we haven't been worse. I'm not even going to bother discussing trades that have set franchise back last two decades. point is to bring it back on topic is that a rebuild/ tank / whatever is not necessary - competency is. and trading plekanecs is not a competent move. not even close. there is not a center on team who can do what he does. Yet. when that day arrives, we can talk, otherwise trading him creates one hole to fill another.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Oh. Let me get this straight. Because some guy named Geoff Molson said something like were gonna be a winner or something then it's done. Some guy in a suit whos probalbly never even played hockey. The way i see it theres two ways to go about it. Try to add to the core we have now and add a coupla pieces to try and contend for the cup, or look at a 2-3 yr plan and be a serious contender for a while.
LOL some guy. some guy who spent half a billion + on team doesn't know what's going on? he knows what's going on and he knows there is an accountability factor with fans. habs don't have a clued out fan-base. the plan should be in the middle of your suggestions - add and at the same time, jettison worn assets for younger assets that make habs younger and perpetual contenders.

this discussion is ultimately about plekanecs, and my humble opinion is that he's better, bigger and more complete than desharnais - and always will be. I like Eller but not convinced he's a 2nd liner yet - and galchenyuk is not ready. so why would i want to move my best center over the last 5 years when i know that fan-base will never accept another season like last year? l think plekanecs makes team better there...last year gionta was absent as was cammy and bourque stunk. he had no one to play with. when he replaced desharnais in vancouver between cole and pacioretty. i believe he had 3 pts in a 4-1 win.

center is a massively difficult position to replace and find quality. i'd rather keep him and find wingers all the while letting timmons perform his magic and let guys develop

Old
01-01-2013, 11:40 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
huh? NJ and Detroit got better because of smart drafting NOT necessarily high picks + a host of other solid management decisions. imbeciles have run the Habs. it's a miracle we haven't been worse. I'm not even going to bother discussing trades that have set franchise back last two decades. point is to bring it back on topic is that a rebuild/ tank / whatever is not necessary - competency is. and trading plekanecs is not a competent move. not even close. there is not a center on team who can do what he does. Yet. when that day arrives, we can talk, otherwise trading him creates one hole to fill another.
I love your spirit. I hope you are right. Twenty years has been way to long. I'm just skeptical of the team as it sits now. I know were tougher and therrien will be competent as well. Theres no doubt in my mind were a playoff team. But are we right there with the penguins, flyers, rangers and bruins. A lot of things are gonna have to go right.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:44 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
I agree, how DARE the owner of the team intervene in team affairs.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:03 AM
glenbuis

Well i think we got a good one in Bergevin. He's played there, won there, he's been tutored under the Bowmans. He's surrounded himself with quality people. He recognizes the need for greater team toughness. I'm sure it wont be long and Gomez and Kaberle will be gone. Markov to because that knee is never gonna hold up. He'll have some money to pursue a coupla free agents. My only wish is that the players that he does acquire from here on in is that they are made up of skill and nuts and bolts. Soft players we should be directing to the leafs.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:22 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse84 View Post

No, that's pretty weak. Phoenix's 1st isn't worth that much.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No, that's pretty weak. Phoenix's 1st isn't worth that much.
And how would you know that?

Personally, I would like to concentrate on getting a good yound LW to play with Galchenyuk. Someone like Brandon Saad or Teravainen would be perfect. I get the Murphy proposal, as we get to see him a lot in Sarnia for obvious reasons, but we have our D core set up with Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis and Thrower as main pieces looking to crack the line-up over the next 3 years.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
You're huh is just plain wrong and Hab's management was far more competent then NJ or Detroit's through their lean years. Skew the facts any way you want, it doesn't make them any more truer.

This a trading forum and if you don't want to discuss trading players, what's the point of being here.

Plekanec is far from being an irreplaceable piece and I think one of the core incompetencies of previous management has been doing what you recommend, namely keep Plekanec until he's worth nothing and then let him go for next to nothing.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
And how would you know that?

Personally, I would like to concentrate on getting a good yound LW to play with Galchenyuk. Someone like Brandon Saad or Teravainen would be perfect. I get the Murphy proposal, as we get to see him a lot in Sarnia for obvious reasons, but we have our D core set up with Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis and Thrower as main pieces looking to crack the line-up over the next 3 years.
Because they made the playoffs last 3 seasons. Their 1st isn't going to be a lottery one. They are a good team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Plekanec alone should be enough for that. As good as Timmins is at drafting in the 2nd, no way we give up a 2nd and a 3rd with Plekanec for a mid 1st and a very good prospect. When you consider we have a more pressing need for a big LW prospect with size and talent, this is a poor use of our most valuable trading asset. I am not saying C. Murphy has no value, I am simply saying that based on our team's needs, this is not the right deal for Plekanec alone.
I agree with this post, except I don't mind not getting a winger. I also think a big RW would be more pressing than LW, but whatever that's just nitpicking

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:37 PM
ulysse84

Firstly
Each person sees things her way

mine is ...
than getting a first-round pick # 20 (2011)
already developed 2 years in MURPHY
that is 6 '5'' would be by far ... second best
right d-man in the
depth chart ---> after SUBBAN

and a 2013 pick -> # 8 to # 14 for PLEKANEC + 3 rd 2013 would be a flight to my eyes

imagine that the choice is the 2013 # 10
which would mean that the CH ...
obtained for PLEKANEC - 2nd + 3 rd 2013
for
2013 # 10 + 2011 # 20
you can not even have a choice # 20
in exchange for choice ---> # 34 + 64

and then you get a young, already developed 2 years
with a big body, very solid defensively speaking
and not bad offensively speaking

when you have a club like CH (very average) and aging
with Gomez - Gionta - Kaberle - Markov - Bourque
without forgetting COLE 34 years
you arrange for you dispose of them as soon as possible
and you invest your $ $ elsewhere
from 2013 -> 1st July

If you can get your hands on COREY PERRY
you just pass a homerun

so ... the important thing is not necessarily share PLEKANEC
but share the others, it's urgent
except that
if you have the chance to get a pick # 8 to # 14 for him .. well GO
If CH was contender for cutting there would be different

If you want a big winger ... offer you a contract CLOWE
or otherwise CLARKSON or HORTON
it costs you ---> NOTHING (no draft pick)

GAINEY has made patching for 6 or 7 years
he give for players
Rental -> 1 st 2008 + 5 or 6 round 2nd
for ---> WIZ - SCHNEIDER - LANG - TANGUAY - MOORE
and this .... since 2008 (not one to play a full season in MONTREAL)
+ 2 nd 2010 for TINORDI ( MERRILL - PETROVIC were all available
but it still has to liquidate a 2 nd round for JARED )
I love TINORDI but .. no more that PETROVIC )

and I speak not of choice from 3 to 7 th round
he lost his 1st 2001 for nothing
- 2002 + 2007 -> for GOMEZ hahahaahah
result ---> 28 th 2012

Gainey-Gauthier strategy ---> Congratulations
and ... GAINEY was worse than Gauthier

I wish and hope ... BERGEVIN that will not make the same mistakes

excuse my English

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Noob616

I like the idea of Teravainen and Hjalmarsson. THe other thing I'm seeing here is an overvaluing of 1st round picks. When you take a guy in the first round, you're hoping that you might get a guy like Plekanec.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
You're huh is just plain wrong and Hab's management was far more competent then NJ or Detroit's through their lean years. Skew the facts any way you want, it doesn't make them any more truer.

This a trading forum and if you don't want to discuss trading players, what's the point of being here.

Plekanec is far from being an irreplaceable piece and I think one of the core incompetencies of previous management has been doing what you recommend, namely keep Plekanec until he's worth nothing and then let him go for next to nothing.
someone's hurt. sowwy. habs management was more competent? show me. after all. people skew the facts any way they want. just a quick reminder, trading forums also include arguments for not trading that particular player. i never said plekanecs was irreplaceable, i said we stink at center and it was easier to find him a quality winger than trade him. you mustn't spend much time in montreal if you think habs' brass will endure another year like last.

at just 30 with 4 more years on his contract and still in his prime - 20+ goals, avg 55+ points last 5 years (not including nightmare of last year) - he shouldn't be the target of dealing guys past their prime. he's not a guy who's worth 'nothing' and not anywhere near the top of the list of guys who require being traded first. that list includes markov, bourque, gionta, kaberle etc...

you need to reevaluate your pro scouting skills

Old
01-02-2013, 05:46 PM
ulysse84

Before that the world knows nothing level assessment

must know how to share things

here,
there is a demand that would be interesting for a player like ---> PLEK

I then responds to this request with MY arguments

the question is not whether YES or NO