HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo-Anaheim

Old
12-29-2012, 09:34 PM

vCash: 500
I see no reason why Hodgson wont be a legit top 6 center when the NHL gets underway. If Buffalo can get 50 points out of Hodgson and Ennis they would be alright.

Its also pretty obvious that Buffalo is building for the future so they have time to let Ennis, Girgensons, Hodgson, and Grigorenko develop.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Ahh the classic l lost that debate so I must correct someone's grammar on an internet forum, kinda pathetic

Whats even worse is that you probably have a smartphone and know that auto correct doesnt always pick the right word.
At least I reread what I write before submitting. Helps clarify arguments and make my writing a little more worth reading. If you don't read what you write, why should I? BTW, we can have a pissing contest if you'd like, but it's not going to help your center situation. You have failed to make a valid argument and I have provided stats worth thinking about. You may think I lost the argument, but you would just be listening to the bias thoughts in your head. Besides, it's a moot point. Getzlaf isn't going anywhere. Grig probably isn't going anywhere. You are like a bad enforcer. You try to stir things up without purpose, lose the fight and then get the extra penalty for not backing down after the fact. If you want to continue with this, at least defend your point. Don't just brush off what others have to say without providing any sort of explanation.

Edit: Thank you for at least explaining a little bit there as I was writing the post above. It's not like I intend to try and insult anyone on this board, I would just rather have a constructive hockey talk.

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:43 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I see no reason why Hodgson wont be a legit top 6 center when the NHL gets underway. If Buffalo can get 50 points out of Hodgson and Ennis they would be alright.

Its also pretty obvious that Buffalo is building for the future so they have time to let Ennis, Girgensons, Hodgson, and Grigorenko develop.
Is it fair to say they are building for the future? I thought Pegula tried making it clear he wanted a winning team right now. Did that kind of get pushed aside with last year's performance?

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:07 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Is it fair to say they are building for the future? I thought Pegula tried making it clear he wanted a winning team right now. Did that kind of get pushed aside with last year's performance?
They're clearly a middle-of-the-pack team right now that could -- heck, should -- get into the playoffs if Miller has an up year or some of our young players take a big step forward (ie: Myers, Ennis, Hodgson, Foligno, Grigorenko, Armia). I mean, We nearly made the playoffs last year despite having so many injuries on our blue line at one point that Joe friggin' Finley played a couple NHL games. Nonetheless, I think it's fair to say that Buffalo's management is building a roster whose best years are a couple seasons away. I think that became pretty obvious when they traded away half of the guys who wore A's on their sweaters last year.

Last edited by tsujimoto74: 12-29-2012 at 10:35 PM.
tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:12 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

No, you're comparing an aging, Saku Koivu to Cody Hodgson in his first season as a top nine forward as if it means anything. You also claimed Derek Roy was Buffalo's best center, even though he hasn't been that in three seasons.

When the Sabres can spend unimportant assets (cash, Roy, Chris Butler, etc) on win-now players, they have and will continue to do so. Otherwise they like what they have assembled in the prospect pool and will allow those players to develop. Mortgaging several of those players into older, more expensive ones doesn't fit into either model.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:19 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Pegula gave a short term window which was understood to be somewhere in a 1-5 years he wanted a cup...frankly that window is now. They're not really rebuilding so much as they are rebuild and ready to be rolled off the assembly line. by next season(god willing) I wouldnt find it hard to believe in any capacity nearly EVERY top sabre prospect would be nhl ready including the obvious Foligno,McNabb,Hodgson,Tropp

but also including
grigorenko
girgensons
pysyk
armia

I dont honestly think their prospects are beyond 1-2 years away from nhl roster spots.

And not to be a jerk but when the ducks last took home a cup they were doing it with getlaf(a 2nd year center), bobby ryan a rookie winger, perry a 2nd year winger and a slew of veterans backing that fire power...EERILY similar to second year ennis, rookie girgorenko, 2nd year power forward foligno surrounded by Pominville,Vanek(Selanne,Koivu)...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 10:22 PM
DJN21

and while I dont think the trio of Ennis/Foligno/Grigorenko will ever be equal to getz/perry/Ryan at this stage in their careers they are just too similar to shrug off as ehhh buffalos in rebuild mode and their prospects are 2nd line or worse material because if anyone showed it could be done your ducks did it...

Old
12-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Pegula gave a short term window which was understood to be somewhere in a 1-5 years he wanted a cup...frankly that window is now. They're not really rebuilding so much as they are rebuild and ready to be rolled off the assembly line. by next season(god willing) I wouldnt find it hard to believe in any capacity nearly EVERY top sabre prospect would be nhl ready including the obvious Foligno,McNabb,Hodgson,Tropp

but also including
grigorenko
girgensons
pysyk
armia

I dont honestly think their prospects are beyond 1-2 years away from nhl roster spots.

And not to be a jerk but when the ducks last took home a cup they were doing it with getlaf(a 2nd year center), bobby ryan a rookie winger, perry a 2nd year winger and a slew of veterans backing that fire power...EERILY similar to second year ennis, rookie girgorenko, 2nd year power forward foligno surrounded by Pominville,Vanek(Selanne,Koivu)...
You're missing the two 1st ballot HOF defensemen and the best since the (last) lockout shutdown line in that equation. Also, you're short one 1st ballot HOF winger. The kids weren't backed by the firepower, they were getting 3rd line minutes. (Nitpicking, but Ryan wasn't in the league, it was Penner, and Koivu was in Montreal, it was Andy McDonald having a 78 point season)

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 08:35 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
You're missing the two 1st ballot HOF defensemen and the best since the (last) lockout shutdown line in that equation. Also, you're short one 1st ballot HOF winger. The kids weren't backed by the firepower, they were getting 3rd line minutes. (Nitpicking, but Ryan wasn't in the league, it was Penner, and Koivu was in Montreal, it was Andy McDonald having a 78 point season)
def forgot about that McDonald season, way off topic but I really thought he was gonna be something special after that season darn injuries!

Old
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Buffalo's not trading seven years of team control over Grigorenko (and 6+ over Pysyk) for a season of Getzlaf. It's really that simple.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:43 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post

We will get something for him if he decides to leave.
He is a free agent. You don't know that for sure. Did Nashville get anything for Suter.
Suter > Getzlaf

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
He is a free agent. You don't know that for sure. Did Nashville get anything for Suter.
Suter > Getzlaf
He's a free agent this summer.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:10 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Seeing you're from Boston, I'll put it real simple....our front office and coach thought they had legit conteder to start last year, and honestly, they started like 10-5. Then Lucic ran over Miller, everyone from the casual fan to the commisioner knew the Sabres were a bunch of pansies with no heart. The front office now knows they were pretenders, hence the trade of Roy for Ott. It's really that simple, the 3 year plan had to be pushed back, focus on a little toughness and center depth.

Grigs is not going anywhere. The only trade between the two teams WILL include Bobby Ryan before next season starts.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
Seeing you're from Boston, I'll put it real simple....our front office and coach thought they had legit conteder to start last year, and honestly, they started like 10-5. Then Lucic ran over Miller, everyone from the casual fan to the commisioner knew the Sabres were a bunch of pansies with no heart. The front office now knows they were pretenders, hence the trade of Roy for Ott. It's really that simple, the 3 year plan had to be pushed back, focus on a little toughness and center depth.

Grigs is not going anywhere. The only trade between the two teams WILL include Bobby Ryan before next season starts.
I'll bite - who do you think the Ducks would want from Buffalo enough to trade Ryan? Especially with the uncertainty around them having any actual top 6 forwards signed other than Ryan for 2013-14?

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

Quote:
It's hard to call Ennis or Hodgson prospects (if that's what you meant), and neither are close to first line centers. You are clearly in denial if you believe they are capable of playing as first line centers. Grig is the only player the Sabres have that has top line center potential, and that is no given. You clearly overrate your players and do not understand the value of a big, top line center. It's alright though, because the Ducks won't be moving Getzlaf. He already has stated he wants to resign with the Ducks and the Ducks would obviously want him back.

But in all seriousness do you believe Ennis or Hodgson are going to be good first line centers? Ennis stands at 5'9". Hodgson is a small 6', and hasn't amounted to anything so far. You have an abundance of small centers, most of whom are not even capable of the second line. Congrats for being "knowledgeable" about your own players. You have no top line center, even in fairytale land. And the only part that was sarcastic about my post was asking who your top line center was (Ott or Gerbe), but really, they are right there for the hunt for the Sabres' best center (even though Ott rarely plays C anymore). Good luck finding a real top line center.
I guess this means Sidney Crosby, standing only a measly 5'11, isn't a first line center then? Nor is the puny 6' John Tavares? Since when was there a height requirement for number one centermen? Hell, Wayne was 6'.

Sean McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:15 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Suter > Getzlaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post

Only way this happens is if we sign both Perry and getzlaf. If we lose either one of them then I dont see any reason to trade him. Money wont be tight and he will have a much larger role.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:32 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
He's a free agent this summer.
And how do you know that another team wont sign him?

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
I'll bite - who do you think the Ducks would want from Buffalo enough to trade Ryan? Especially with the uncertainty around them having any actual top 6 forwards signed other than Ryan for 2013-14?
Wasn't there already a deal in place last summer but it was axed because Darcy had chemistry issues, Which Sabres fans took to mean that Ennis was going to be the second line center we sent back?

Ennis, Stafford, pick/prospect, pick/prospect

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
And how do you know that another team wont sign him?
What in god's name are you talking about? This is a trade thread. The only context that allows us to trade Getzlaf is if we have half a season. If he wants out, there's a very good chance that Murray will trade him under the circumstances being discussed in this thread. If we lose the season and he's a FA when the next CBA is signed, he may very well walk to wherever he wishes.

Old
01-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Wasn't there already a deal in place last summer but it was axed because Darcy had chemistry issues, Which Sabres fans took to mean that Ennis was going to be the second line center we sent back?

That's a new one to me.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post

Oof, too much from Buffalo's perspective. I like Ryan, but that's a ton going back the other way. If Ennis is the centerpiece, I don't see Regier going farther than Ennis + Pysyk/McNabb + pick (maybe a couple 2nd's, especially if Buffalo can pick some up in Leopold and Regehr trades).

Also, there was no deal in place. The silly rumor was that Anaheim was going to trade Ryan + Hiller for Ryan Miller and maybe another player, but the Lucic fiasco nixed that. If anyone knows Darcy Regier, he doesn't make earth-shattering trades like that midseason and he certainly doesn't make any moves when the team is 10-5, as it was before Miller got hurt.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote