HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Coyotes

Old
01-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

vCash: 500
I wouldnt trade OEL for anybody on the Oilers, but thats just me.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 12:21 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Neither team is going to do this, so why is this thread still alive. Question, why does Oilers do this with Oscar Klefbom coming up. Is not Klefbom that top line D stud the Oilers need. It sounds like he has the potential to be as good as OEL, ridiculous to even think this offer would be made.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 12:23 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Neither team is going to do this, so why is this thread still alive. Question, why does Oilers do this with Oscar Klefbom coming up. Is not Klefbom that top line D stud the Oilers need. It sounds like he has the potential to be as good as OEL, ridiculous to even think this offer would be made.
I like Klefbom as much as the next guy, but to expect that he will be as good as OEL is certainly overboard.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 12:24 AM
hockeycore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
It still goes both ways, and if you can't see why, maybe we should slow it down a bit.

If you don't like the name Yandle go ahead and insert "any defenseman on Phoenix who isn't as good as OEL". Seriously, its not like we're actual GM's here. Just because an Oiler fan asks the price doesn't mean that Phoenix were to hold all the cards in a real trade. It doesn't change the fact that IF Oilers management were going after a defenseman from Phoenix, they wouldn't trade RNH/Hall/Eberle and probably wouldn't trade Yakupov for "any defenseman on Phoenix who isn't as good as OEL".
Uh Yep...Phoenix would hold the cards in the deal if it were for OEL. You made up the Yandle edge in a proposal for OEL. If the owners were to "hang" Tambellini for trading one of the "Big 4" for OEL, then the owners themselves should be "hung".

hockeycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 12:35 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycore View Post
Uh Yep...Phoenix would hold the cards in the deal if it were for OEL. You made up the Yandle edge in a proposal for OEL. If the owners were to "hang" Tambellini for trading one of the "Big 4" for OEL, then the owners themselves should be "hung".
You really have no idea who would hold the cards in whatever deal were to theoretically happen, just like I don't. That's my point. As far as we know, Phoenix gets a new owner who wants an exciting forward to build around and is willing to part with OEL to get it. Then OEL is a trade chip to get what Phoenix wants. The Oilers young forwards are just as untouchable as OEL is right now, for what its worth.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 01:09 AM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
You really have no idea who would hold the cards in whatever deal were to theoretically happen, just like I don't. That's my point. As far as we know, Phoenix gets a new owner who wants an exciting forward to build around and is willing to part with OEL to get it. Then OEL is a trade chip to get what Phoenix wants. The Oilers young forwards are just as untouchable as OEL is right now, for what its worth.
OEL is not getting traded period as GMDM thinks he is a Norris candidate right now. Any other D men in PHX could be had for the right deal. Yandle will only be traded if PHX gets a first line center or top line stud winger in return. A combination of other PHX D men for a first line forward could be worked out. Not sure the oilers have any chips to offer other then the names mentioned.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 01:32 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Absolute ludacris,RNH has much more value than OEL.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Outsider but I would trade OEL for Hall in a second.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Oshie97

I agree with Phx fans here, only way I would trade OEL is for RNH. Just watch the kid play, he'll be a top 5 d man in the .eague very soon if he keeps developing like he is.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 02:02 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Absolute ludacris,RNH has much more value than OEL.
Not sure if serious.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Outsider but I would trade OEL for Hall in a second.
I'd give the value to OEL slightly. But Hall is the best of the Oiler bunch and I think straight up swap would be 'fair value'.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 02:38 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycore View Post
Nope not Hall.

I'll give you a hint, If OEL was to ever end up with Edmonton in a trade with the 'Yotes, you'd have to change your avatar and username.
I still wouldn't since I'm also a massive Coyotes fan. As someone that watches 82 Edmonton games a year and 50+ Phoenix games, if you think that Hall isn't the guy, you need to watch him more. Hall would be an absolutely perfect replacement for Doan and would give the Yotes a true top line, 40 goal guy

Last edited by The Nuge: 01-01-2013 at 03:23 AM.
The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

I really like OEL but he is being overvalued sorry. 1 good season and you are asking for an NHL All star or 2 former 1st overalls?

With the depth on D that Phoenix has and the lack of a legitimate star to bring in fans, I see Phoenix at least considering this.

Besides I would rather swap Yakupov for Carlson.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 03:29 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedker89 View Post
Last time I checked a potential #1 D-man is worth more than a potential top line forward.
Actually it's not so cut and dry. Also Eberle or Hall isn't a potential elite forward they already are. Eberle was 15th in scoring, Hall was one of the top PP goalscorers in the league.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 03:30 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
rnh > oel .

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 03:54 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

i'm a huge OEL supporter , but there's no way id move rnh for him if i were edmonton.

skip2mybordeleau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 04:49 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
This is potentially a great topic to discuss, but it seems that people are only in the mood for a pissing match.... so lets jump into the pool and get wet!

#1 - It's never a good idea to make a proposal involving another team's best and most valuable player.
#2 - When you can't follow #1, it's never a good idea to say your team's best or most valuable player is off limits.
#3 - When you can't follow #1 and #2, maybe you should just give up on posting at all.

OK

So we've got OEL for one of Hall, Eberle, Yakupov or Hopkins?

No thanks. And I'm sure it's mutual. I don't want to see Edmonton trading any of their coveted forwards until we've got an abundance of depth in scoring.

No way in hell for Hopkins. It kills our depth at center.
No way in hell for Eberle. He's got the best overall game among all of our kids right now and he seems to have wicked chemistry with everyone he plays with.
No way in hell times ten for Hall. He's the heart of our team. Take him out of the line-up and we've pretty much got no motivation.
No way in hell for Yakupov. I'd feel like an idiot to have given up the next Pavel Bure for only a first pairing d-man.

As for how Phoenix fans should see this...

#1 Some Phoenix fans will see that defense is an area of strength for their origination and that they could afford to give up one of their d-men... but trading away OEL is probably not the best idea. The world isn't going to come to an end if Yandle or Gormley get traded, but the world could end if you trade away your best player.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:57 AM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
I really like OEL but he is being overvalued sorry. 1 good season and you are asking for an NHL All star or 2 former 1st overalls?

With the depth on D that Phoenix has and the lack of a legitimate star to bring in fans, I see Phoenix at least considering this.

Besides I would rather swap Yakupov for Carlson.
Yakupov for Carlson is not happening.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:58 AM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
rnh > oel .
lol no...

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 07:36 AM
DesertDawg

The problem with these scenarios is that the Coyotes are a physical team and none of the Oilers being offered are known to be, while OEL is expected to get more physical and contribute more offensively when he matures physically. RNH would be a good return, but he wouldn't be perfect for Tippet's system, while OEL fits perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Hall would be an absolutely perfect replacement for Doan and would give the Yotes a true top line, 40 goal guy
So you think he can consistently dish out 200+ hits/season? Stick up for teammates? Be a role model? I rather see how Boeds works out before even thinking about trying to acquire Hall.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 01:24 PM
rockinghockey

Everyone knows that RNH, Hall, Eberle and Schultz will never be traded so why bring it up. I would like to see EDM pick up Gormley, what would it take for EDM to get Gormley that makes more sense for both teams.

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The problem with these scenarios is that the Coyotes are a physical team and none of the Oilers being offered are known to be, while OEL is expected to get more physical and contribute more offensively when he matures physically. RNH would be a good return, but he wouldn't be perfect for Tippet's system, while OEL fits perfectly.

So you think he can consistently dish out 200+ hits/season? Stick up for teammates? Be a role model? I rather see how Boeds works out before even thinking about trying to acquire Hall.
You don't have to sell me on the importance of Doan. Despite my username, Doan's still my favourite player. You should watch Hall some more though. He's still very young, and hasn't fully filled out, but he plays like a bull and is Edmonton's future captain. I doubt he hits 200+ every year since he's more of a scorer, but he does hit a lot still, and hits hard, he does stick up for teammates, he does lead, and he can score in a way Doan never could. Ya... He'd be the guy DM would want

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post

Doan was a special kind of player with a very good mix of grit with offence. Hall is a different mix of player I will give you that, but he will be a gritty forward who scores when he is fully developed. Doan's physicallity is is biggest asset, where as Hall is more of a scorer. In my mind there will no cpmp[aring these two player for value to a team though as Hall's speed and skill will show through and he will be a much more valuble player to what ever team that he plays on.

That being said I would also not move him for anything if I were the oilers as he is going to be the glue that holds a championship team together if they can put it all together. Some will mock me for this statement, but unless your an absolutly clueless hockey fan you can see that the oilers have an embarrasment of riches right now especially with the addition of Justin Schultz. Championship teams need more than just skill and trading a player like Hall is a mistake if your trying to win the cup.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Everyone knows that RNH, Hall, Eberle and Schultz will never be traded so why bring it up. I would like to see EDM pick up Gormley, what would it take for EDM to get Gormley that makes more sense for both teams.
Both fanbases have had this chat before, and we could never agree on what would be fair for both teams with respect to Gormley.

I have no idea if he is even available, but it seems as though he wou'd be too expensive if Yotes fans are right about his internal value to their organization.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 04:26 PM
ThePhoenixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
Its amazing how 'flavour of the week' Oilers prospects are on the boards...

When the WJ's are over, people will be back to saying Eberle or bust.. or Schultz.. or hey, Hall just scored another hat-trick, maybe he's the only one worth trading for.
It's the same poster makes these trades over and over and over again.

Anyway, for Coyote fans...

Franchise Centreman > Franchise Defenceman

RNH > OEL

Just as an aside, Yakupov or Hall would sell many more tickets in the desert than OEL.

ThePhoenixx is offline   Reply With Quote