HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins - Oilers

Old
12-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
How about Ryan Whitney for Dennis Seidenberg?
Emphatic NO!

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 05:49 PM
b in vancouver

Smyth fits to a T the kind of player I hope the Bruins pick up if there's a shortened season this year. Big body, tough to get off the puck, veteran, capable of scoring 20-30 goals in a year, excellent on the power play, slot him anywhere into the top 9 or even shorten his minutes sometimes. Would help tire defenders out and allow Lucic and Horton to run rampant. -Iginla would be another.

For those saying he's not enough of an upgrade on Caron. I disagree. I haven't seen Caron play this year but I don't even think they're comparable at the moment. The Oil fan are right that Smyth was over-used in the 1st half of the season last year and seemed to burn-out. That wouldn't be a problem this year.

As far as the cap. That's why I would like the Bruins to go all in this year while they can afford their full roster. If you have to then you can trade him back to Edmonton for pennies on the dollar like a sixth round pick in 2018 if you need to - but I think he would definitely help them make a run for another Cup, especially when they run up against the likes of some of these teams that just drop 5 guys back into the crease and try to block shots.

Edmonton fans.
I kind of thought of a few players you might be interested in - Boychuk, Khudobin, Subban - but Boston can't afford to give up Boychuk this year and Subban doesn't help you soon enough.

I thought you would be more excited about having Khokholachev to play with Yakupov. He's the forward prospect on the Bruins I'm most excited to watch and see what happens. Moreso than Spooner, Knight or Caron. I think he's going to be an excellent 2nd line player, at wing or centre - and I've only ever been wrong most of the time.

I also thought the Oilers would prefer to get some more players in their system sooner then waiting on picks forever, and that 2013 is supposed to be much deeper than 2014.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Sasso09

Oilers fans would say no to Crosby for Horcoff trade... But in this case they're right

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:46 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Ekblad is worth more.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:48 PM
lakai17

add Khudobin!

Old
01-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Oates2Neely

If Smyth and Gagner are so good,, keep me both

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 01:11 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
We will. Unless we can get a better player, which we wouldn't in this (or most HF) deal.

I don't think the OP who intiated this discussion is an Oiler fan either, so don't act like we're not getting what we want here.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:17 AM
lakai17

Quote:
no one mentioned the 6th overall drafted center whom has NHL calibre wingers today, is someone new riding shotty on the band wagon today?

Old
01-03-2013, 01:12 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by b in vancouver View Post
Khokholachev, Caron, 2013 2nd rounder

for

R. Smyth, 2014 1st rounder

Why Boston does it.
With a young core they are able to Trade near future for immediate and further down the road.
Vet presence for another Cup run.
One of the few players that can stand in front of the net on the P.P. and tip Chara slapshots.
Teach Lucic and Horton how to do the same.
Gamble that the Oilers pick next year is high.

Why Edmonton does it.
Speeds up their re-build and gives leadership to Taylor Hall.
Young talented Russian centreman who has experience playing with Yakupov in both the Subway Series and WJC.
Solidifies their top 6 going forward and gives Yakupov a natural teammate. (I think these two would be great together for years)
Big bodied young 3rd liner who (struggling this year) showed more than enough promise last year to expect him to be a mainstay. Is pencilled in as B's 3rd line left winger right now.
Get another 2nd in a deep draft.
Gamble that they are able to turn it around and make the playoffs beginning next year.
Play without a 1st round safety net forcing them to compete.
The Oilers are not trading first rd picks unless it for a package that gets us a number 1 D man or a big 2 way #2 center that is young enough to grow with our team .

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

I don't know what it would take to get him or if he would even want to play for the Bruins but a line of Smyth - Bergeron - Seguin would look great as it did for part of the Spengler Cup.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:37 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
I don't know what it would take to get him or if he would even want to play for the Bruins but a line of Smyth - Bergeron - Seguin would look great as it did for part of the Spengler Cup.
It would literally be impossible. Smyth will be an Oiler until he retires

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:23 PM
BattleGuy

Quote:
No chance. Ryan Smyth is washed up and overpaid. Caron is cheaper and arguably more effective than an over the hill Smyth. And Boston certainly can't be giving up roster forwards for draft picks. They are tight against the cap and at the ment don't have the depth for a forward to step in on the 3rd line where Caron will be playing.
In what freaking universe is Caron more effective then Ryan Smyth? Oh nevermind. I just realized who I was responding to.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:04 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

I'm an Oiler fan but at this point Smyth has hardly any value.

Gagner is worth something decent, though.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote