HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 03:31 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Nedomlel - Nicastro probably, and somebody like Evans as 7th vet. Lashoff could be NHL 7th at next year. Billins goes to Toledo or Europe, defensively liable PP mickeymouses are not needed because we have also bigger talent that can move the puck. Billins is a nice transitional player for this season, when we are lacking prospects. In the future, he's just a spare part at maximum.
He is on a Griffins only contract, I could see a team coming in and signing him because he fits their organization. With Marshall and Almqvist already in the Wings system I don't think they need him.

Could be a good player, needs to work very hard at improving his shot though if he wants to be an offensive PP guy at the NHL level.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Not to mention Jensen might turn pro too. Have a hard time seeing him getting beat out by Nedomlel. They might have to go with four rookies.
I think Jensen is the 2nd option if Marchenko won't come. Same kind of players.

We don't need any veteran to play. Any prospect should not sit on the pressbox without a reason. They need to play to play and develop. Veterans can teach those experience things at practises, but I can't see any reason why wouldn't we play with just a prospect defence. Every game develops, sitting doesn't.

Nedomlel and Nicastro are physical D's that replace those horrible "Evanses" from there.

Ouellet 6'1 L - Sproul 6'4 R
Almqvist 5'11 L - Nicastro 6'3 R
Nedomlel 6'5 L - Marchenko 6'2 R/Jensen 6'0 R
Veteran

I just love that group. It has everything. Best overall D-men and power-play threats in Ouellet and Sproul, Physical PK D-man in Nedomlel and Nicastro. Good puckmoving defenceman in Almqvist/Marchenko/Jensen. Perfect handnesses in every pair.

Last edited by Henkka: 12-30-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 03:50 PM
newfy

Quote:

We don't need any veteran to play. Any prospect should not sit on the pressbox without a reason. They need to play to play and develop. Veterans can teach those experience things at practises, but I can't see any reason why wouldn't we play with just a prospect defence. Every game develops, sitting doesn't.

Nedomlel and Nicastro are physical D's that replace those horrible "Evanses" from there.

Ouellet - Sproul
Almqvist - Nicastro
Nedomlel - Marchenko/Jensen
Veteran
They play vets because the griffins are a busniess as well and need to win games. Having a decent vet in there is much better for the team it isnt just about Detroit prospects getting all the playing time and developing even if the teams losing.

As "horrible" as you think Evans is, hes a physical vet and can protect the young players. Nicastro and Nedomlel will look worst then him full time in the AHL. Nedomlel will most likely start in the ECHL.

On your defense the only guy who is supposed play defense at a high level is Ouellet. Sproul, Almqvist, Nicastro, Nedomlel and Jensen are all needing work. And Who knows about Marchenko, the guy plays 11 mins a game and has barely been healthy, no one knows what he'll be like in North American pro hockey.

Dont hold your breath for them to not have a vet on their defense

Old
12-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
They play vets because the griffins are a busniess as well and need to win games. Having a decent vet in there is much better for the team it isnt just about Detroit prospects getting all the playing time and developing even if the teams losing.

As "horrible" as you think Evans is, hes a physical vet and can protect the young players. Nicastro and Nedomlel will look worst then him full time in the AHL. Nedomlel will most likely start in the ECHL.

On your defense the only guy who is supposed play defense at a high level is Ouellet. Sproul, Almqvist, Nicastro, Nedomlel and Jensen are all needing work. And Who knows about Marchenko, the guy plays 11 mins a game and has barely been healthy, no one knows what he'll be like in North American pro hockey.

Dont hold your breath for them to not have a vet on their defense
Griffins are now 100% Red Wings controlled business. 10-year deal with full control. No more curtfrasers trying to win with veterans and doesn't even get to the playoffs.

Why should we waste our prospect development? The only-prospect-TOP6 is that on paper. But like it has been at Red Wing side since the lockout, the 7th defenceman has played 70 games on average. It doesn't mean that the 7th D veteran does not play. There will be injuries and games where we rest guys.

But the starting position should be that prospects will start, until something happens.

At 2013-14 season:
Nicastro 6'3 23
Jensen 6'1 23
Almqvist 5'11 22
Marchenko 6'2 21
Ouellet 6'1 20
Sproul 6'4 20
Nedomlel 6'5 20

When looking those player ages, it's not just juniors thrown to wolves. And many of them are already big and physical guys. If all of them would be small and physically weak like Billins, Almqvist, Pyett, Meech etc, then you surround them with big matured veterans. But our prospect core has so good size, that isn't inevitable anymore.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
I see Ned in the ECHL to start.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:16 AM
InjuredChoker

Sproul with goal, +1 in a 4-1 loss.. must be a mistake .

Hudon 1+1.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:39 AM
ChadS

Marshall had 2 assists as Minnesota beat Boston College 8-1.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:

Ouellet 6'1 L - Sproul 6'4 R
Almqvist 5'11 L - Nicastro 6'3 R
Nedomlel 6'5 L - Marchenko 6'2 R/Jensen 6'0 R
Veteran

I just love that group. It has everything. Best overall D-men and power-play threats in Ouellet and Sproul, Physical PK D-man in Nedomlel and Nicastro. Good puckmoving defenceman in Almqvist/Marchenko/Jensen. Perfect handnesses in every pair.
I'm not convinced Ned and Nicastro are sure fire AHL'ers. We'll see how this season unfolds for Nicastro. I also see Jensen as much more likely to be a Griffin next year than Marchenko.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
I'm not convinced Ned and Nicastro are sure fire AHL'ers. We'll see how this season unfolds for Nicastro. I also see Jensen as much more likely to be a Griffin next year than Marchenko.
I agree with you regarding Marchenko and Jensen. Someone else mentioned this earlier, but I believe that Jensen could pull a Schultz (for lack of a better word) after this year given our prospect depth on D.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Harnessed in Slums

He's not a true DRW prospect but I thought it'd be worth noting Danny DeKeyser was part of the All-GLI team this past weekend. WMU lost 4-0 to Michigan Tech in the GLI Finals.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
I agree with you regarding Marchenko and Jensen. Someone else mentioned this earlier, but I believe that Jensen could pull a Schultz (for lack of a better word) after this year given our prospect depth on D.
Yeah he has shown enough IMO to sign with Detroit once his season ends. If we don't sign him he'll become a UFA following the 2013-14 season.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
I see Ned in the ECHL to start.
Agree, if we can sign DeKeyser he could begin his career in GR and Ned starts off in Toledo.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:44 PM
ChadS

Sproul has a hat-trick tonight ... and is a -1.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:52 PM
MBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
2 were on the powerplay so that partially excuses that, but a -1 isn't a big deal anyways there can be a lot of factors to it.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Still +2 overall, not the best in team but not the last either.

He has only three games without points at this season, that's freaking impressive.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:11 PM
MBauer

Quote:
Still +2 overall, not the best in team but not the last either.

He has only three games without points at this season, that's freaking impressive.
For sure, and very few d-men develop an offensive side over time, but almost every young d-man improves defensively, so yeah he does need work in that area but he has the tools to develop defensively as well.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:25 PM
ChadS

Dudes, there was a smile at the end in case you didn't notice it He ended up as 1st star.
---
Happy New Year to everyone here! If anyone has ideas or comments for @DRWProspects I'd love hear them. Trying to develop it all the time. Thanks!

Old
12-31-2012, 05:37 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
He's scoring so many goals. Mike Green 2.0

Old
01-01-2013, 03:25 AM
InjuredChoker

AA2 had an assist +1 in a 4-1 loss.

Old
01-01-2013, 03:48 AM
InjuredChoker

http://www.soogreyhounds.com/video/i...2ba60bf49588ef

Highlights from Sproul's hatty. That second GA was on Sproul imo.

Old
01-01-2013, 04:31 AM
ChadS

McKee 0+0, +/- 0 and 23 PIM in their 10-2 loss. Interference minor, roughing minor x 2, cross-checking minor, spearing major + game misconduct.

Toledo with a big win, 9-4. Nestrasil 2+3, Coetzee 0+2 and Nicastro 0+1.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
For sure, and very few d-men develop an offensive side over time, but almost every young d-man improves defensively, so yeah he does need work in that area but he has the tools to develop defensively as well.
Yeah, that's the thing. The skill is there. The 6'4 frame is there. And Lidström/Chelios/Fischer maybe has some advices how to play at own end.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Henkka

Quote:
McKee 0+0, +/- 0 and 23 PIM in their 10-2 loss. Interference minor, roughing minor x 2, cross-checking minor, spearing major + game misconduct.
He is starting to be my favorite like Markus Kankaanperä in his own way.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:10 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Dudes, there was a smile at the end in case you didn't notice it He ended up as 1st star.
---
Happy New Year to everyone here! If anyone has ideas or comments for @DRWProspects I'd love hear them. Trying to develop it all the time. Thanks!
Happy New Year!

I think the Prospects account is very good. Maybe make separate tweets for each league. I know you do most of the time, but that's really the only suggestion I can make. If you start linking stories, it might be too much like the Red Wings feed. If you find an interesting article or some scouting reports for some interesting prospects that could become DRW draft picks too.

Old
01-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Always add a video link if possible. If picture can tell 1000 words, video tells one million.

Keep up the good work!

Closed Thread