HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2014 NHL Draft Prospects Top 30

Old
12-27-2012, 07:27 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

vCash: 500
60 guys gone through and no Mason McDonald?

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:39 AM
cvandenberg22

Mason MacDonald

Not until he improves his .872 sv pct and his 4.65 GAA. I had Storm Phaneuf high at the beginning of the season but he has fallen way off also.

cvandenberg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:38 PM
shello
@WShello9

I dont think Audette is even a top 60player at the moment. Sherbrooke has claimed he has a small nagging injury, but that was at the start and if it were the case he should've sat down. Been nothing short to awful this season, wasn't a fan of him last year, and right when I started to come round he's disappointed. He's turned the puck over countless times this year (I'll never forget when he passed it to Kameron Kielly for his goal, problem is Kielly is on Gatineau), has looked very weak, cant handle the puck, etc, I hope he turns it around though, hate seeing prospects crash and burn.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:50 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvandenberg22 View Post
Ehlers is a 2nd-3rd Round prospects. He needs to grow a bit and was left off Denmark's WJC entry this year. It will be interesting to see how he does if he comes over to the CHL next season. He could definitely move up.

Halli was born in Appleton, WI so him coming over next year wouldn't be a huge stretch. I have not heard anything though, but agents usually arrange those types of moves. It's the same as William Nylander who was born in Calgary and played with Blake Clarke on the Chicago Mission U16 Midget Team in 10-11.

Kapanen played in the SM-Liiga as a replacement for Artturi Lehkonen while he plays for Finland in the WJC. He skates like his Dad, which you can't teach. He needs to have a good tournament at the Under-17s or he could slide a bit, but NHL teams love drafting former NHLers kids.

Sorry but, based off what?

Kid is only 16 and has been ripping up the U20 league, posting similar numbers to Bärtschi and Niederreiter, he is the youngest EVER to play an NLA game.

Only reason he was left of the U20 team is beacause of his age, he will however be playing for the U18's..
AND he did post points in a few U20 friendlies.

If does go in the later rounds he will, and im willing to put my head on the block with this, be a STEAL!

At fear of being called biased im going to challenge that statement, and tell you that this kid is definitely better than 2nd to 3rd round!

Sorry if I come across as rude, my knowledge of internet behaviour is very blurred, nothing rude meant by it, just not in agreement-

One last Question, do you really see Leon Draisaitl going in the top 5?

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 12-29-2012 at 08:50 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:46 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
I think sam bennet needs to be higher, IMO he will rocket up the charts
Agreed. I am quite suprised that he is not top 15, along with Watson. He is very strong on the puck and physical so I'm not really sure the 'he needs to fill out more' complaint.

I appreciate the list, but it doesn't seem like the reviewer has even seen Kingston at all this year.

ottsabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
cvandenberg22

Nylander and Kempe

Michael Nylander with 3 more points today for Sweden and Adrian Kempe with a hat trick. Kempe 2 days away from being a 2015 draft eligible.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Sorry but, based off what?

Kid is only 16 and has been ripping up the U20 league, posting similar numbers to Bärtschi and Niederreiter, he is the youngest EVER to play an NLA game.

Only reason he was left of the U20 team is beacause of his age, he will however be playing for the U18's..
AND he did post points in a few U20 friendlies.

If does go in the later rounds he will, and im willing to put my head on the block with this, be a STEAL!

At fear of being called biased im going to challenge that statement, and tell you that this kid is definitely better than 2nd to 3rd round!

Sorry if I come across as rude, my knowledge of internet behaviour is very blurred, nothing rude meant by it, just not in agreement-

One last Question, do you really see Leon Draisaitl going in the top 5?
I understand your reaction, but please bear in mind that it wasn’t quite fair to ask cvandenberg22 in the first place, how he evaluate the talent of a young Dane playing in the Swiss youth system. If cvandenberg22 is NA based (as I expect him to be) he has no real chance to measure him, and I suppose he said what he said to be polite and it was not meant to offend anybody.

I know, just as well as you, that Ehlers is considered to be one of the most promising Danish prospects ever, maybe he is even in the same category as Mikke Boedker. The 2014 draft is still far away, and much can happen until then, but if Ehlers continues his development he will have 1st round potential for sure.

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Draisaitl numbers in Germany were unreal. This kid is going to be awesome.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:55 PM
cvandenberg22

Nikolaj Ehlers

I am not saying that he will not be a 1st round pick when all is said and done. I am merely saying that he has not faced top competition yet and would do well to play in the CHL next year. There he could prove himself in the same venue as other Danes have that went high in the draft.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Not until he improves his .872 sv pct and his 4.65 GAA. I had Storm Phaneuf high at the beginning of the season but he has fallen way off also.
lol one thing you never do is scout by stats, scout by talent alone.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:19 PM
americanscout09

The fact that you dont have glover and milano in the top 30 is way beyond me. They are dominating the u17 challenge and they aren't even top 30. I would really like to know how many of the u17 ntdp games u have watched. also on your 2015 mock draft eichel should be top 2. he has prooved himself.

americanscout09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:34 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanscout09 View Post
The fact that you dont have glover and milano in the top 30 is way beyond me. They are dominating the u17 challenge and they aren't even top 30. I would really like to know how many of the u17 ntdp games u have watched. also on your 2015 mock draft eichel should be top 2. he has prooved himself.
who my top 30 or his....I did not have Milano or Glover....after being here at the U17s I would work Milano in my top 30

Old
12-31-2012, 05:46 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesSir View Post
I understand your reaction, but please bear in mind that it wasn’t quite fair to ask cvandenberg22 in the first place, how he evaluate the talent of a young Dane playing in the Swiss youth system. If cvandenberg22 is NA based (as I expect him to be) he has no real chance to measure him, and I suppose he said what he said to be polite and it was not meant to offend anybody.

I know, just as well as you, that Ehlers is considered to be one of the most promising Danish prospects ever, maybe he is even in the same category as Mikke Boedker. The 2014 draft is still far away, and much can happen until then, but if Ehlers continues his development he will have 1st round potential for sure.
I wasn't the one asking the question in the first place I guess you are right, but as I said nothing rude was meant by it Sorry if it sounded snippy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Draisaitl numbers in Germany were unreal. This kid is going to be awesome.
I agree Leon is going to be a star but numbers do not determine that..

This kid: Dominik Kahun Had even better numbers on the same team.. He is not talked about. THe Shcüler BL league is not a very strong league.

To me his size combined with his finese is what makes him so darn good.

Quote:
I am not saying that he will not be a 1st round pick when all is said and done. I am merely saying that he has not faced top competition yet and would do well to play in the CHL next year. There he could prove himself in the same venue as other Danes have that went high in the draft.

Well he has played one NLA game and a couple friendly games for BIEL's senior team.. I believe he even scored Other than that, I guess you are right
... Do you have any idea if any CHL teams are looking at him? Do you think he'll get drafted by any of the three leagues?

Old
12-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
At this stage, Koyš at 60 is way too high.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:34 AM
cvandenberg22

Koys and others

Thanks for all the comments- to answer a few

I haven't had a chance to see Kingston play this year. Have caught the Team Ontario games though and I must say Bennett and Watson are the real deal. I will be moving them up the rankings.

I also forgot to put in Juraj Siska and Julius Bergman in my rankings. They will appear in the net top 60 I do after he U17.

Also, Lindblom and Zinoviev have been really impressive, along with Brycen Martin. We all knew Nylander was going to be good.

Koys will be off my top 60 list when I post it again.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:44 AM
orangeandblack

Your rankings of the US kids are a little off.

Jack Glover is the best 96 defenseman and should be a first rounder. Wesley should not be ranked that high. Fortunato won't be a first rounder because he's small, but he has the best vision, poise and hockey sense, and is just silky smooth with the puck. He's a top 60 in my opinion.

Id rank the US forwards as follows.

Blake Clarke
Sonny Milano
Nick Schmaltz
Shane Gersich
Chris Wilkie
Dylan Larkin
Connor Chatham
Ryan MacInnis
Kevin LaBanc
Ryan Hitchcock
Alex Tuch
Shane Eiserman
Seamus Malone
Kyle Connor
Keegan Iverson
*Nolan Stevens

IMO, Sonny Milano and Jack Eichel (2015) are 2 of the 5 most skilled kids at the U17s.

Defense is a lot tougher outside of Glover, Anthony DeAngelo and Duncan MacIntyre. Fortunato, Keegan Ford, and Danny Willett might be the best of the smaller guys. Jack Walker has potential for a smaller guy. Then the bigger kids like Josh Jacobs, Aaron Haydon, and Ryan Collins could really turn the corner. Cant count out Josh Wesley's genes either.

The two wild cards are Ryan MacInnis and Nolan Stevens. MacInnis has a lot of potential, he just hasn't grown into his body yet. Nolan Stevens has been hurt all year, but is a big kid, with a ton of skill. Both also have genetics on their side, so its a wait and see.

Goalies its probably only Devin Williams and Thatcher Demko at this point, but goalies are even harder to project.

orangeandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Quote:

Lindblom
Leading scorer in WHC-17 right now, 5+4 in 4 games.

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:33 PM
cvandenberg22

Kasper kapanen

Kapanen has another couple of points tonight after a slow start. Thought the Finns would be better as a group. Lindblom has really had a good under 17 challenge playing with Nylander.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:53 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Nikolaj Ehlers played his second NLA game yesterday, and he scored after just 25 seconds into his first shift of the game

Highlights:

His is the first goal.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

This kid is eligible to be discussed here. David Pastrnak I've heard, he is top 60 for sure. Probably firstrounder.

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:29 AM
jake1

After scoring a few goals at the U17s, does Poganski get worked into the list of U.S. forwards?

jake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
toewsintangibles

Kasper Kapanen and Mikko Rantanen will be the gems on a average year for Finland

toewsintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Pilgore88

I can see Clark Bishop rising up soon. One of the best defensive forwards in the whole draft, great wheels, and I expect him to start putting up more points the second half.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:23 PM
bro
Rookie User

What about Mark Friedman.....hear he has been playing great in Waterloo, Iowa.

bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:00 AM
helicecopter

This guy is missing there:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=168687
http://mhl.khl.ru/en/players/20358/

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote