HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Stats and Discussion: 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2012, 02:05 PM
  #526
Baggie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Someone in the Finland thread on the WJC forum said he was released because of an injury.
Finnish newspaper sources only say he was cut off, no mention of injury, but I suppose it's possible. I know he was injured before the camp, but recovered(?). Suppose he's not 100%. Such a shame, would've loved to see him make the cut and I think him & Korpisalo would have been the best starters.

Baggie is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 08:54 PM
  #527
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec
 
nofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 500
Hey... did Rieder and Zharkov make the WJC?! According to TSN (Russia - Germany) and Oilersnation...

nofool6110 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 08:57 PM
  #528
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
Not sure if Reider will play, he's hurt I believe...

40oz is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 09:00 PM
  #529
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec
 
nofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Not sure if Reider will play, he's hurt I believe...
Darn...

But Zharkov? Thought he was, proverbially, doing his business in the bed in terms of his season in Belleville...

Eh. If he's good enough for Russia...

nofool6110 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
  #530
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Darn...

But Zharkov? Thought he was, proverbially, doing his business in the bed in terms of his season in Belleville...

Eh. If he's good enough for Russia...
Zharkov should be there, final cuts for Russia are tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.

Here's a (swedish) article about Reider, they guess that he'll join the club but wont play.
http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...ort-frgetecken

40oz is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:00 AM
  #531
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Hey... did Rieder and Zharkov make the WJC?! According to TSN (Russia - Germany) and Oilersnation...
Reider is the only NHL drafted player on team Germany..
real shame if he is injured.

Petro Points is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 12:41 PM
  #532
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Looks like our NCAA guys had a good weekend.


John McCarron (Cornell) – 2 Goals; 1 Assist
Jujhar Khaira (Michigan Tech) – 1 Goal [PPG]; 2 Assists
Kellen Jones (Quinnipiac) – 3 Assists
Kyle Bigos (Merrimack) – 1 Assist
Joey LaLeggia (Denver) – 1 Assist
Connor Jones (Quinnipiac) - 1 Goal [PPG-GWG]

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
  #533
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Looks like our NCAA guys had a good weekend.


John McCarron (Cornell) – 2 Goals; 1 Assist
Jujhar Khaira (Michigan Tech) – 1 Goal [PPG]; 2 Assists
Kellen Jones (Quinnipiac) – 3 Assists
Kyle Bigos (Merrimack) – 1 Assist
Joey LaLeggia (Denver) – 1 Assist
Connor Jones (Quinnipiac) - 1 Goal [PPG-GWG]
Khaira has 15 points in 19 games. After a bit of a slow start that is very good for a freshman.

Laleggia is also leading the NCAA in scoring by a defenceman.

Fourier is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 02:36 PM
  #534
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Khaira has 15 points in 19 games. After a bit of a slow start that is very good for a freshman.

Laleggia is also leading the NCAA in scoring by a defenceman.
Yes, those are two prospects I am excited about. I hope they take their time developing and turn into a couple solid players because I think they have it in them.

Does anyone know how Kharia's physical play has been?

scid14 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 04:20 PM
  #535
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
Couple pages back is a good review of Khaira from a poster who watches a lot of college hockey in response to BBO.

Groucho is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 03:55 AM
  #536
Hagged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Seems like Rajala has continued his point scoring in the ECHL, 18 goals, 18 assists in 26 games played. Any chance we see him in the AHL this season? Or the next?

Hagged is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 07:24 AM
  #537
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
Seems like Rajala has continued his point scoring in the ECHL, 18 goals, 18 assists in 26 games played. Any chance we see him in the AHL this season? Or the next?
He was already up in OKC. Played very well in his first game by the way.

If the NHL season starts Rajala probably moves up to OKC as theyt will need to replace some of the scoring from the loss of the kids.

Fourier is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
  #538
Hagged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
He was already up in OKC. Played very well in his first game by the way.

If the NHL season starts Rajala probably moves up to OKC as theyt will need to replace some of the scoring from the loss of the kids.
Yep I actually ment if there is a chance we see him back in OKC as soon as this season. He had 1+1 and +1 stats in 5 games in a bottom 6 role in OKC. I guess that's not good nor bad, a little too small of a sample.

Actually I think I'll watch the OKC-Houston game tonight, no Rajala of course but his old line mate Granlund from Finland U18 (when Rajala broke Ovechkin's goal record ).

I'm a bit of a Finnish homer when it comes to following prospects

Hagged is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
  #539
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
What do you guys think of Reider, do you think he can be a legit top 6 RW in 2 or 3 yrs. Read that he is playing very good at the WJC.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 07:34 PM
  #540
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec
 
nofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
What do you guys think of Reider, do you think he can be a legit top 6 RW in 2 or 3 yrs. Read that he is playing very good at the WJC.
Might have a shot at goaltender ... http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=191525



I've always been high on Rieder. I think his play at the WJC is a good indication he's returned fully from that nagging foot injury. Look for him to pick things up when he gets back to the O. He has a dash of Eberle in him.

nofool6110 is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 10:42 PM
  #541
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
I think so too. He is a lot more defensive minded than a lot of our forwards and still brings that offence. He reminds me a lot of Eberle too actually in how he positions himself around the ice. He's got some very good hockey sense and just knows where to be.

scid14 is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 10:58 PM
  #542
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec
 
nofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 500
Rieder, kinda sorta, looks like Eberle too...

nofool6110 is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM
  #543
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Rieder, kinda sorta, looks like Eberle too...
Nahh no gap in his teeth

scid14 is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 11:20 AM
  #544
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Rieder is a smaller player. If he is ready for the NHL in two seasons then I would think Yak would have to be moved as adding Rieder into the top 6 would definately give us a small top 6.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
  #545
nabob
Hall for captain
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Rieder is a smaller player. If he is ready for the NHL in two seasons then I would think Yak would have to be moved as adding Rieder into the top 6 would definately give us a small top 6.
Rieder is a player who can play in the bottom 6, he doesnt have to be immediatly inserted in to the top 6. If in 3-4 years he is a 3rd line winger in the NHL I'll be impressed.

I also heard a rumor that he is too slow

nabob is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
  #546
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Rieder is a player who can play in the bottom 6, he doesnt have to be immediatly inserted in to the top 6. If in 3-4 years he is a 3rd line winger in the NHL I'll be impressed.

I also heard a rumor that he is too slow
That is what they said about Luke Robitaille (Lucky Luke)sp

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
  #547
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
That is what they said about Luke Robitaille (Lucky Luke)sp
Lucky Luke also played in a different era, one were you didn't need to be the best skater to be a success.

joestevens29 is online now  
Old
01-02-2013, 02:47 PM
  #548
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Might have a shot at goaltender ... http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=191525



I've always been high on Rieder. I think his play at the WJC is a good indication he's returned fully from that nagging foot injury. Look for him to pick things up when he gets back to the O. He has a dash of Eberle in him.
umm so you are impressed with his 2 points and a -9 in 5GP ?
He did ok considering he was the only NHL drafted player on his team but he is long ways away from making Yakupov expendable.

Petro Points is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 03:14 PM
  #549
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
umm so you are impressed with his 2 points and a -9 in 5GP ?
He did ok considering he was the only NHL drafted player on his team but he is long ways away from making Yakupov expendable.
Don't think you can fault Rieder for his stats in this tournament, especially plus minus. Sure he only has two points, but you can also say that Reider has been in on 50% of all of Germanys offense.

What I like about Reider is that he has a wide range of skill, he's great defensively and really tenacious on the forecheck for a guy his size. He was 2nd in voting for best penalty killer in the coaches poll last year, scored a ton of short handed goals too.

40oz is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 03:32 PM
  #550
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
That is what they said about Luke Robitaille (Lucky Luke)sp
You missed the .

Rieder is not slow, and I am pretty sure nabob knows this.

Fourier is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.