HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Desharnais

Old
01-01-2013, 08:40 AM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
David Desharnais

I am seeing a lot of Eller and Plekanec trade rumours and I decided to make one about David Desharnais. His value is at an all time high right now and I was wondering what can he bring in?

Montreal would probably be interested in big and skilled wingers or big and skilled wing prospects.

Last edited by LeHabsMan: 01-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.
LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 09:03 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

It was already discussed before. People will say that Desharnais isn't proven enough since he only had one good season. Size is also an issue. The bottom line is that Desharnais is a lot more valuable to the Habs than he is in a trade.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I am seeing a lot of Eller and Plekanec trade rumours and I decided to make one about David Desharnais. His value is at an all time high right now and I was wondering what can he bring in?

Montreal would probably be interested in big and skilled wingers or big and skilled wing prospects.
I think you can't be more wrong, desharnais will get better and better. His value right now is far from what it should be.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:51 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
It was already discussed before. People will say that Desharnais isn't proven enough since he only had one good season. Size is also an issue. The bottom line is that Desharnais is a lot more valuable to the Habs than he is in a trade.
A 60 point season is very impressive. But for a guy who hasn't done anything other than that one season, I can see why there would be some skepticism. I'd like to see him have another successful season before I'd consider moving much for him.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
A 60 point season is very impressive. But for a guy who hasn't done anything other than that one season, I can see why there would be some skepticism. I'd like to see him have another successful season before I'd consider moving much for him.
It was essentially his first season in the NHL. Can't really expect him to have a history of scoring when he just received his shot in the bigs.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:54 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
It was essentially his first season in the NHL. Can't really expect him to have a history of scoring when he just received his shot in the bigs.
And there have been a lot of flash in the pan players that have had an awesome season when put in an ideal situation and never matched it later. The Habs drafting Galchenyuk was a brilliant move, but may be the worst possible thing to happen to a guy like Desharnais.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Chacal667

desharnais will become a great player, we were able to see his progression last year, I mean he was getting better game after game and trust me he will become better than what we saw

Old
01-02-2013, 12:25 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
desharnais will become a great player, we were able to see his progression last year, I mean he was getting better game after game and trust me he will become better than what we saw
You've seen him more than I, so I believe you. But, if I were trading for him, I would need another year of similar or better output to give what Montreal would be asking for.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
You've seen him more than I, so I believe you. But, if I were trading for him, I would need another year of similar or better output to give what Montreal would be asking for.
I understand that, I'm saying that I think his value is too low to be traded right now because he only played 1 season

Old
01-02-2013, 12:39 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
I understand that, I'm saying that I think his value is too low to be traded right now because he only played 1 season
So we're agreeing while saying it differently. Good to know, ha ha.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
So we're agreeing while saying it differently. Good to know, ha ha.
absolutely

Old
01-02-2013, 03:56 AM
capitalsrock

Desharnais for Stalberg?

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Desharnais for Stalberg?
no ty.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Esq.

Quote:
I think you can't be more wrong, desharnais will get better and better. His value right now is far from what it should be.
He's 26 years old. What makes you think he's going to keep getting better?

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
And there have been a lot of flash in the pan players that have had an awesome season when put in an ideal situation and never matched it later. The Habs drafting Galchenyuk was a brilliant move, but may be the worst possible thing to happen to a guy like Desharnais.
I don't see how he's a flash in the pan. He was top 5 scoring in the QMJHL three years in a row and was a top scorer in the pros until he made the NHL. It was never about his talent but whether he had the ability to play against the big boys in the NHL and he's proven he can do that.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:54 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
I'd rather not. I think we've only seen few of what he's got.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Mahleezer

I like Desharnais. He's like a poor mans St-Louis.

His story is just a feel good story.

Led the Q in points every year he was there and then was constantly top 5 in points in the AHL, but his size kept him from the big show.

When he finally got his chance he showed that he can play.

He's been a factor everywhere he played.

And I hear people saying that he was in an ideal situation which is true but let's give credit where credit is due.

Yes he had two power forwards to play with in Cole and Pacioretti but can you honestly say that Desharnais had a good season because of his wingers or the other way around?

I mean Max Pac was comming back from a nasty injury and ended up scoring 33 goals.

Cole had his best goal scoring output of his career and he's played with Eric Stall.

Also both wingers played full seasons including Desharnais.

So don't go jumping at the fact that Desharnais had a great season because of his wingers... it was a team effort by the whole trio.

They built chemistry quick and kept it going all year despite playing in a bad situation all around what with the trades, the bad coaching, the mid season coaching change, the team injuries etc,....

So come on guys show some love for the little guy.

I for one am very excited to see what he has in store for us over the next 3-4 years.

Last edited by Mahleezer: 01-02-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I don't see how he's a flash in the pan. He was top 5 scoring in the QMJHL three years in a row and was a top scorer in the pros until he made the NHL. It was never about his talent but whether he had the ability to play against the big boys in the NHL and he's proven he can do that.
Agreed. If he was 6'0 then he would've been in the NHL earlier.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
He's 26 years old. What makes you think he's going to keep getting better?
it was his first season in the nhl ( not because he was bad before, he dominated everywhere he goes, but because of his size ) and he led our first line at center, cole had his best season with desharnais at his side, and that guy ''desharnais'' have a huge heart, he always give his 100% and the combination of talent with determination is always a good mixture.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Biggest problem with determining Desharnais' value is after the 2013-14 season, he's a RFA who is a year away from UFA (assuming UFA age stays at 27, it sure seems like it).

There's not a huge window to determine what he is exactly before you have to pay him to retain him.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
LBC Vapo*

Quote:
it was his first season in the nhl ( not because he was bad before, he dominated everywhere he goes, but because of his size ) and he led our first line at center, cole had his best season with desharnais at his side, and that guy ''desharnais'' have a huge heart, he always give his 100% and the combination of talent with determination is always a good mixture.
he sure led montreal to an incredible season, one for the books, i'll give you pavel bure

LBC Vapo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generally View Post
he sure led montreal to an incredible season, one for the books, i'll give you pavel bure
let me tell you something,

u can't win a stanley cup with only one line.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
I love posts like these from guys who then tell you a rookie who has not touched NHL ice is worth more than most team's best young defenceman. Can you see why people are not willing to give up a Subban or Pacioretty for Yakupov with your enlightened eyes after looking at Desharnais?

Desharnais has proven to be a point producing pivot at all levels. His lack of size held him back. I understand other teams not wanting to give the moon for him. I would rather keep him, anyway, since Pacioretty and Cole have great chemistry together.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generally View Post
How many Cups do the Sedin twins have? I will send you LaFleur's jock strap for Henrik so that Vancouver can have a sniff at the tpe of sweat it takes to win a Cup. Fair? Seriously, why post inflammatory stupidity? Desharnais had a great rookie season. He will have others, as well.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
jphizzleruzbizzle*

how does Desharnais and a first for Ryan O'reilly sound?

jphizzleruzbizzle* is offline   Reply With Quote