HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #14 - Historic collapse complete, Lovie fired

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
  #501
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,598
vCash: 500
rather not see a retread. nobody has won a sb with two different teams before, and i don't think anyone the bears could hire would either.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:06 PM
  #502
Paul Allen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
i think bears are in for big changes now. usually a new GM will want to shake things up anyways.
3-4 defense. Beginning to think Emery started last year w/ the McClellin pick. Changes loss of Urlacher to need of NT.

I think we are pretty solid at WR for a change with Marshall, Jeffery, and Bennett. They just need to stay healthy.

Paul Allen is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:50 PM
  #503
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,310
vCash: 500
I would love to run the 3-4.

What is the latest on Knox though? Will he ever even play again? If you add him to the mix of our WR it's definitely decent.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:15 PM
  #504
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
rather not see a retread. nobody has won a sb with two different teams before, and i don't think anyone the bears could hire would either.
Agreed, I want the next star not a fading one

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:31 PM
  #505
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Knox is done, sad but true.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:49 PM
  #506
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,532
vCash: 340
How did Pioli not get fired in KC? Chief fans cant be happy with that

Also Nnamdi Asomugha has to be one of the biggest FA busts in recent football memory

He was truly awful these last 2 years culminating in yesterdays benching ,,, Today he ate lunch in his car to avoid philly media as Eagles cleaned out there facility

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
  #507
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
How did Pioli not get fired in KC? Chief fans cant be happy with that

Also Nnamdi Asomugha has to be one of the biggest FA busts in recent football memory

He was truly awful these last 2 years culminating in yesterdays benching ,,, Today he ate lunch in his car to avoid philly media as Eagles cleaned out there facility
only two worse ones that come to mind are haynesworth and chester taylor. suppose sidney rice could be in the conversation as well

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:03 PM
  #508
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,532
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
only two worse ones that come to mind are haynesworth and chester taylor. suppose sidney rice could be in the conversation as well
Taylor was bad but he was only signed for a backup RB job

Nmandi was supposed to be final piece of Eagle D puzzle ,, He was supposed to put them over top

And Rice was good for Seahawks when healthy

Also Devin Hester really cant get out of Chicago fast enough IMO

Quote:
"The media, the false fans, you all got what you all wanted," Hester said. "Majority of you all wanted him out. As players, we wanted him in. I guess the false fans outruled us."

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:05 PM
  #509
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 21,648
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
How did Pioli not get fired in KC? Chief fans cant be happy with that

Also Nnamdi Asomugha has to be one of the biggest FA busts in recent football memory

He was truly awful these last 2 years culminating in yesterdays benching ,,, Today he ate lunch in his car to avoid philly media as Eagles cleaned out there facility
It's not really Nnamdi's fault. He's a man to man guy playing zone. He's going to look out of place.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:08 PM
  #510
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,532
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
It's not really Nnamdi's fault. He's a man to man guy playing zone. He's going to look out of place.
He has been burned playing man to man alot in Philly as well

And this yr in Philly he was there worst CB

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:09 PM
  #511
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Taylor was bad but he was only signed for a backup RB job

Nmandi was supposed to be final piece of Eagle D puzzle ,, He was supposed to put them over top

And Rice was good for Seahawks when healthy

Also Devin Hester really cant get out of Chicago fast enough IMO
yea but if you can't stay healthy, you're still a waste of money...

also Taylor may have been signed as backup, but they still have him a decent chunk of change and he want just bad, he was historically bad. worst ypc of any rb who got a certain number of Carries in the history of the nfl. he was so bad he didn't even get signed after the bears dumped him irc

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:10 PM
  #512
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 21,648
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He has been burned playing man to man alot in Philly as well

And this yr in Philly he was there worst CB
Put him in man to man 100% of the time and he'll be comfortable. The guy was playing out of place and it affected his whole game.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:26 PM
  #513
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 500
Why is Hester and skin head urlacher so buthurt do they understand with out the fans and media they have no job..

BK201 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:26 PM
  #514
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
yea but if you can't stay healthy, you're still a waste of money...

also Taylor may have been signed as backup, but they still have him a decent chunk of change and he want just bad, he was historically bad. worst ypc of any rb who got a certain number of Carries in the history of the nfl. he was so bad he didn't even get signed after the bears dumped him irc
Comparing a 5 year $60 mil deal (Namdi) vs a 4 year $12.5 mil deal (Taylor) is stupid.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:30 PM
  #515
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,598
vCash: 500
the category was fa busts...its not the same scale but still bad when you consider the money spent on backup rbs while the oline was falling apart

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:34 PM
  #516
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Calamity, ensue!

BBH is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 11:50 PM
  #517
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Why is Hester and skin head urlacher so buthurt do they understand with out the fans and media they have no job..


This kind of thought needs to stop.

Martini* is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 12:32 AM
  #518
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post


This kind of thought needs to stop.
Why?

Edit: Nevermind I wasn't really serious anyways I'm kinda always 1/2 trolling so don't worry.

I have respect for them but at the same time I dont have patients for people complaining about this kinda stuff.


Last edited by BK201: 01-01-2013 at 12:56 AM.
BK201 is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 03:46 AM
  #519
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,629
vCash: 500
As I said before I had no ill will towards Lovie but it was time for him to go and this team to go in a new direction.

Will be interesting to see who the new coach is. Hopefully someone who is offensively minded and can gameplan an good offense.

Looks like the Bears will go to a 3-4, have no issues with it, have the personal already, another LB and it's all but set. I think Marinelli can coach a 3-4, he is a smart defensive mind and I think he could gameplan a good 3-4 D but I guess it's up to Emery, does he let him stay, bring in someone else, or let the new HC decide his staff. Think he deserves a chance as it wasn't the Bears D the last few years that cost them games, if anything they won them a few games this year.

Understand the players respect of Lovie but this backlash towards the fans is kind of pathetic, the fans didn't get Lovie fired, if fans fired coaches Tom Coughlin would lose his job every year. It's a business and Lovie wasn't doing a good enough job, have his back and say all the nice things you want but don't attack the fans as if they single handedly got someone fired who didn't deserve it.


Last edited by Sir Psycho T: 01-01-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Sir Psycho T is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 05:39 AM
  #520
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
As I said before I had no ill will towards Lovie but it was time for him to go and this team to go in a new direction.

Will be interesting to see who the new coach is. Hopefully someone who is offensively minded and can gameplan an good offense.

Looks like the Bears will go to a 3-4, have no issues with it, have the personal already, another LB and it's all but set. I think Marinelli can coach a 3-4, he is a smart defensive mind and I think he could gameplan a good 3-4 D but I guess it's up to Emery, does he let him stay, bring in someone else, or let the new HC decide his staff. Think he deserves a chance as it wasn't the Bears D the last few years that cost them games, if anything they won them a few games this year.

Understand the players respect of Lovie but this backlash towards the fans is kind of pathetic, the fans didn't get Lovie fired, if fans fired coaches Tom Coughlin would lose his job every year. It's a business and Lovie wasn't doing a good enough job, have his back and say all the nice things you want but don't attack the fans as if they single handedly got someone fired who didn't deserve it.
Out of curiosity...why does it look like the Bears will go to the 3-4? Did I miss something?

Sarava is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 07:44 AM
  #521
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Out of curiosity...why does it look like the Bears will go to the 3-4? Did I miss something?
Personal, players acquired, previous experience. Emerys last 2 jobs where Atlanta and KC both who ran 3-4 defenses. Obviously it's up to the people hired but I think, and am obviously not the only one, that the Bears will likely move to the 3-4.

Sir Psycho T is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 09:58 AM
  #522
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Allen View Post
3-4 defense. Beginning to think Emery started last year w/ the McClellin pick. Changes loss of Urlacher to need of NT.
I thought about this as well. This could very well be what we see.

Recoil is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 10:00 AM
  #523
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
When has Atlanta run a 3-4 defense?

brtriad is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 10:19 AM
  #524
Paul Allen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Sounds like Emery is only going to switch to a 3-4 if the coach can convince him. He feels that they have 4-3 personnel.

From pc

Paul Allen is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 10:37 AM
  #525
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,560
vCash: 500
Emery's press conference today is fascinating talking about how he constructed the team. I'm sure it'll be up on 670 the Score. Everyone should listen to it

Illinihockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.