Notices

No More Lockout Blues! - 2012 Lockout Part 2 [UPD: AGREEMENT REACHED!]

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
To me not changing where the Jets play is idiotic. They have to draw up a whole new sked anyways so why not just make a change. The whole reason the PA scoffed at the last realignment was posturing for this CBA so that shouldn't be a problem here.

01-01-2013, 11:50 AM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
Should we have a draft on what day and time this thing will end? My guess is Jan 7th at 6PM but Ive been optimistic about this thing all along.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Kent C Tugood
Not Quite Dead Yet

January 2nd, 3:49 PM EST.

Old
01-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Just so I know we're in agreement when the NHL does return, Ponikarovsky's goal song will be Pony by Ginuwine, yes?

Old
01-01-2013, 04:43 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Just so I know we're in agreement when the NHL does return, Ponikarovsky's goal song will be Pony by Ginuwine, yes?
Works for me, but it either has to be a mash-up:

...or has to have dancing Star Trek characters in it:

That second vid is actually slightly disturbing.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:36 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
To me not changing where the Jets play is idiotic. They have to draw up a whole new sked anyways so why not just make a change. The whole reason the PA scoffed at the last realignment was posturing for this CBA so that shouldn't be a problem here.
rumor has it, that it will be a combination of current in conference dates remaining from what should have been this years 82 game schedule, plus new ones.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:03 PM
jiho

Quote:
NO doubt!! I love Frankenpov, and I have to say I was so stoked to see our 2 new beasts in action. Poni and Joki instantly make us bigger more skilled and harder to handle up front.
I want to see Scheifele centering Poni and Antro. I think that would be a great third line.

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 01-01-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old
01-01-2013, 11:07 PM
thereturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
rumor has it, that it will be a combination of current in conference dates remaining from what should have been this years 82 game schedule, plus new ones.
Interesting... so if they right the ship on time, our season may start @ home vs Philly (Jan 15), the Rangers (17th), or the Sens (19th).

Old
01-01-2013, 11:52 PM
mondo3

vCash: 571
At this point I actually hope they cancel the season...I'd rather have a fresh start in Oct. without the negative feelings.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Just ****ing agree on something or cancel the season at this point. Stop dragging this ******** out.

01-02-2013, 12:34 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Just ****ing agree on something or cancel the season at this point. Stop dragging this ******** out.
We only have to endure it for another week.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:36 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Have to agree, the whole point of the Jets not moving into the western conf. was the old CBA. Hope the realignment issue is settled for the start of the 2013-2014 season. As much as I hate to lose seeing TB and Washington on a regular basis the Jets do belong in the NHL central.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:08 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

The only problem with the deal not getting done at the deadline is after they cancel the season what is the Gaurentee that next season starts on time? all time pressure goes away the moment this season is cancelled up to the end of preseason games next year again? I am done being suprised by either side but I would prefer something gets done before the 2013 draft and if it doesn't get done at the deadline I don't see that happening.

While we have the junior hockey going I have pretty much tuned out on the CBA chatter other than what I see on that's hockey once in a while when I am bored.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Bob E

Thinking today will be a big day. Either there is movement and a deal close, or NHLPA files their disclaimer of interest. Either way, something should happen today of note.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

As much as I've hated the process this lockout has taken (who hasn't?), I've remained oddly optimistic each time there seems to be a spur of hope, and with each time I have obviously been led to disappointment. But, as many have speculated over the days leading us to today, this is the deadline or time in which many figured Fehr was leading his union to, the final days in which the NHL could salvage a season. So, here we are.

Either this was game-plan all along, like many speculate, or Fehr is all hands on deck and really doesn't care if the season is lost.

We'll see. One way or another, in the coming days we are about to find out.

01-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
The only problem with the deal not getting done at the deadline is after they cancel the season what is the Gaurentee that next season starts on time? all time pressure goes away the moment this season is cancelled up to the end of preseason games next year again? I am done being suprised by either side but I would prefer something gets done before the 2013 draft and if it doesn't get done at the deadline I don't see that happening.
This is the main reason why i don't want the season canceled. It's gone on long enough that, yah, i'm pretty well adjusted to their being no hockey and would do fine without it for a season, but if they don't get a deal done, it just seems like we're back to square one, without any pressure on either side.

hopefully they resolve this in the next couple days, i'm pretty tired of getting my hopes up. The news so far sounds good, progress being made, etc etc etc, that'd be great- if we hadn't heard it 3-4 times before already.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
sully1410

You'll all be happy to know I haven't told my wife this time. The lat few times that they were close I told her and was met by a wall of pessimism and each time the talks fell apart. I haven't said a ****ing word this time, so if my suspicions are correct and my old lady truly is jinxing the season, there should be hockey soon.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
You'll all be happy to know I haven't told my wife this time. The lat few times that they were close I told her and was met by a wall of pessimism and each time the talks fell apart. I haven't said a ****ing word this time, so if my suspicions are correct and my old lady truly is jinxing the season, there should be hockey soon.
honestly sully this is as plausible a theory for the problems as there is out there right now so we have this going for us.............which is nice

Old
01-02-2013, 12:04 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
As much as I've hated the process this lockout has taken (who hasn't?), I've remained oddly optimistic each time there seems to be a spur of hope, and with each time I have obviously been led to disappointment. But, as many have speculated over the days leading us to today, this is the deadline or time in which many figured Fehr was leading his union to, the final days in which the NHL could salvage a season. So, here we are.

Either this was game-plan all along, like many speculate, or Fehr is all hands on deck and really doesn't care if the season is lost.

We'll see. One way or another, in the coming days we are about to find out.
where have you been my friend, seems like you haven't been weighing in on the world juniors and joining the Jets fan boy Trouba bandwagon party parade....what gives lad?

Old
01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
where have you been my friend, seems like you haven't been weighing in on the world juniors and joining the Jets fan boy Trouba bandwagon party parade....what gives lad?
Unfortunately my Wife came down with the flu on boxing day, and after looking after her I was the lucky guy to get it next.

I just want the NHL back, so this place and my interest levels can peak again. This lockout has really taken a toll on me in terms of my productivity here on the boards. I'm still here every day, just don't have the same urge to post. Just want the NHL back...

Old
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
This lockout has really taken a toll on me in terms of my productivity here on the boards.
May or may not be a good thing.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
You know I've been okay with the lockout.

I became a Jets fan back in '90 when I moved back to the 'Peg as a teen. But even back then there were arena rumblings. The team was almost as often in the regular news as in the sports pages.

After '96 I half-heartedly followed another team, but it wasn't the same.

But by '04, following Jetsowner, I felt a team was possible again. I described myself as a Jets fan. But that meant following BOG meetings and hockey financials, not the on-ice product.

So this feels just like old times as a Jets fan.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:15 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 580
Interesting discussion on hockey central.
Nick Kypreos apparently has heard that the NHL and NHLPA have talked about adding four teams to the playoffs. Not clear if it would just be for the shortened season (to increase revenue) or if it would be a lasting change.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
May or may not be a good thing.
oh no you dinit!

Old
01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
sully1410

Quote:
honestly sully this is as plausible a theory for the problems as there is out there right now so we have this going for us.............which is nice
I haven't spoken to ANYBODY about it. A lot of my friends and family are more casual hockey fans then anything else. They'll watch the games and stuff, but they just know they haven't agreed to anything yet. I've just kept my mouth shut and not said a god damn word about to anyone, so they are all safely in the dark. Just in case its one of them as well.

There's no question in my mind that my wife is jinxing it though. Absolutely none. So my lips will remain sealed.

Closed Thread