Are some of these ones made up or serious? This is for Florida by the way.
You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.
It is considered an offense to shower naked.
Oral sex is illegal.
You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.
If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
Unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence.
There was also one that you need a license to ride a skateboard. I wouldn't be surprised if that was true, but I doubt it's enforced. Alright is it legal to sell your children anywhere? Do people seriously ride elephants around, and park them at meters? Do I have to wear shorts next time I take a shower?!
Those "dumb laws" are stupid. They twist around something that's already illegal to make it sound funny.
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>. New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Or is it illegal to wake up a sleeping bear for any purpose? They mentioned "to take a picture" to make it sound funny.
Or maybe that's the actual law. I doubt they're enforced. Just like a police officer in NY can ask you to present a dollar to prove that you're not a vagabond. But has that ever happened to you?
Here's a good one from South Carolina:
Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.
Too many twisted "FACTS" on Twitter and around the place that are there to entertain. Nothing wrong with that I guess until someone starts a sentences with "did you know" or someone tries to win an argument against you by saying "50% of all....." When it's scientifically and empirically against reason to make statements pertaining to that subject or idea in absolute terms and with statistics to begin with
"No, seriously, no, humans use 100% of their brain at all times"
"I read on @Uberfacts that we only use 5% of our brain and scientists are figuring out how to tap into the remaining 95%"
Had a much better day of basketball today than the other day. Even took it to the rim a couple of times Legs even felt better too. Ran 3 games of full, and 3 games of half court and wasn't even dead at the end.
Love having my friends back in town. Too bad they start leaving tomorrow
I love the Lord of the Rings more than most and have seen them literally dozens of times and read them several times as well, but even I have never wanted to watch them all in one day. Usually, when a friend and I decide we want to watch the trilogy, we just have three movie nights in a row. Also, starting that marathon at 10pm is not going to end in success. Especially, if like me, they're watching the extended editions. Still, Fellowship is probably my favorite of them all.
Haven't seen you online barely since you been away! Hope it was fun!
As for Lord of the rings, I'm a little old for that. I mean I was in my 20s by the time they came out. Same with Harry Potter!
That's a joke, right? There is no such thing. They're not even close to the same thing as Harry Potter. Harry Potter is sophomoric, both in the content and in the style with which the movies are filmed. Lord of the Rings is an action/fantasy epic with drama, political intrigue and high stakes. Just because it takes place in a fantasy world it's kids stuff? The books were published in the 1940s and are one of the most beloved, renowned and enduring series of all time. Millions of adults much older than you adore the books and the movies and with plenty good reason. And not all of them read the books as children and simply enjoy the movies because it's nostalgic to them. My step mother (? weird to say that at 26...) had never read them nor seen the movies until she began dating my dad a few years ago but, being the LotR fan that he is, he shared them with her and she loved them and insisted they see the Hobbit on opening weekend (just for example). They're genuinely good films and the story is ageless. Anyhow, not sure why you'd think the way you are. Not an attack, but I believe you are misguided.