HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread - "Make it stop, make it stop!"

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I would be absolutely disgusted if all we got back was Bozak, Kadri, Franson and a 2nd round pick. Absolutely disgusted.
Disgusted? You get 3 pretty good young(and cheap) players back. Depth and potential.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:17 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
Disgusted? You get 3 pretty good young(and cheap) players back. Depth and potential.
Good doesn't belong in the same sentence as those 3.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:28 PM
ZenMaster*

Do everything possible to get Ryan Johansen from Columbus.

Luongo + Schroeder + Raymond for Ryan Johansen + John Moore + Steve Mason

They already have Dubinsky, Brassard, Anisimov, and MacKenzie as 4 good centers. An all-star goalie like Luongo may be enough to entice them to part with Johansen who fit PERFECTLY in the 3C position

Old
01-01-2013, 12:30 AM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post

They already have Dubinsky, Brassard, Anisimov, and MacKenzie as 4 good centers. An all-star goalie like Luongo may be enough to entice them to part with Johansen who fit PERFECTLY in the 3C position
atkinson, erixon, dorsett, jenner, 3 2013 first round picks reilly moore murray(not gonna be dealt) savard, anisimov, dubinsky........... lots of pieces

Old
01-01-2013, 02:02 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post

I highly doubt Columbus would let go of Johansen, as much as I'd like to see him on the Canucks. He's part of their future. And why would Lu waive to go to Columbus?

Old
01-01-2013, 02:23 AM
CpatainCanuck

The trick is to trade Luongo before the season starts: His value falls when he encounters his usual "October" doldrums in January and February.

Old
01-01-2013, 03:49 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

Bozak, Lupul, Franson, 1st (most likely protected)

That would be a good enough return for me.

Old
01-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post

What if both wants to go back to the Leafs after this season? So a prospect and a 1st for Luongo? Are you serious?

Old
01-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

Unless we're trading Schneider and possibly adding, Toronto backs away from that demand. Lupul + 1st/Kadri is fine by me. Add Raymond if need be and perhaps Reimer just to allow Lack some additional time.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:23 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
What if both wants to go back to the Leafs after this season? So a prospect and a 1st for Luongo? Are you serious?
What ifs are stupid. What if the Sedins demand a trade? What if Kesler never plays another game? What if Schneids totally fails as a #1?

Old
01-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Yes, i did post that, and if it were to be a full season i still would. But if this is to be a shortened season then i'd just run with what we have and make our changes in the offseason. I've said many times that i don't want to pay large in a dash for cash season.

I also fully agree with you, until we know what the CBA is, trying to determine value is moot.

Fair enough.

Though this assumes Luongo is still there to be had at the end of this season. Who can say?

Old
01-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Fair enough.

Though this assumes Luongo is still there to be had at the end of this season. Who can say?
All i said was make our changes in the offseason. I didn't say wait for Luongo. I fully expect Luongo to be traded as soon as the CBA is signed.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
What if the return is Gardiner and Kadri?
Gardiner won't be moved. The trading of Schenn made trading Gardiner not possible.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
The trick is to trade Luongo before the season starts: His value falls when he encounters his usual "October" doldrums in January and February.
Not really. GM's know what Luongo is capable of, a slow start isn't going to change their opinion of his value.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:47 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
Or trade him in late november when his numbers rocket upwards.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:54 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
And where are those 3 pretty good players? Bozak and Franson are garbage, and I'm convinced that Kadri wouldn't fit well in AV's system. I wouldn't be overly upset getting Kadri as a secondary piece, but if Bozak and Franson are main pieces that's absolutely terrible for a return for Luongo. It's not depth and potential, it's garbage filler for an elite goalie. Terrible.

01-01-2013, 02:55 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
What if the return is Gardiner and Kadri?
I would do that. Acquiring Gardiner would allow for us to move Edler for help up front. On the left side we would have Hamhuis, Garrison and Gardiner. Not bad at all.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:57 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Unless we're trading Schneider and possibly adding, Toronto backs away from that demand. Lupul + 1st/Kadri is fine by me. Add Raymond if need be and perhaps Reimer just to allow Lack some additional time.
Are you seriously suggesting that Toronto backs away from that deal because of the inclusion of Bozak and Franson?

Old
01-01-2013, 03:56 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Add Raymond to my deal. Too many forwards if he isn't included.

Old
01-01-2013, 04:34 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
And where are those 3 pretty good players? Bozak and Franson are garbage, and I'm convinced that Kadri wouldn't fit well in AV's system. I wouldn't be overly upset getting Kadri as a secondary piece, but if Bozak and Franson are main pieces that's absolutely terrible for a return for Luongo. It's not depth and potential, it's garbage filler for an elite goalie. Terrible.
You should just start preparing to be disappointed. If you think there is a "blow the doors off" offer incoming, it isn't. Think off all the time you will save if you stop typing about the Bozek, Kadri and Franson. We get it. We all get it. You can type "elite" and "Luongo" all you want, but unless you also start typing "long term contract", "34 years old" and "Canucks needing to trade him" what you say is pretty much meaningless.

It's far from "absolutely terrible".

Old
01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Add Raymond to my deal. Too many forwards if he isn't included.
It is already universally understood that all deals made by Canucks fans include Mason Raymond and a 3rd.

Old
01-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

7 months of this ********?

We don't want your Leaf garbage. You may not think its garbage because of the state of your team but compared to Luongo & what he can & will do to your team they are garbage.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:07 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
7 months of this ********?

We don't want your Leaf garbage. You may not think its garbage because of the state of your team but compared to Luongo & what he can & will do to your team they are garbage.
With every tic toc of the clock, we are looking more and more like we will have up to 9 to 10 more months of this and it went beyond the silly mark 5 months ago

Old
01-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Cogburn

Anisimov, either Tyutin or Wiz, and Mason for Luongo and Raymond.

Anisimov has tools to be a shut down center, and still has offensive instincts to make him threatening with the puck, but is woefully inconsistent. If nothing else, I think AV could make use of him and bring some consistency to his game.

Wiz just signed a big contract with Columbus, and frankly I don't see them wanting to move him right away, but he's a righty, physical, can score, can set up plays and will stick up for his team mates. He's perfect for a top 4 defender on this team to compliment Garrison, Edler or even Ballard (a PP pairing).

If Wizniewski is too much to surrender, Tyutin plays a smarter game, but is prone to brainfarts now and again, and to be honest, I don't know how he would pan out on the right hand side. A safer bet, I'd have him out with a lead before anyone but Hamhuis on our team, and he's about 1 million cheaper in terms of cap space.

Mason is purely a cap dump for Columbus, and needn't be included for our sake. Substitute a 2nd round pick if they would rather flip him themselves.

Columbus has the strength at center to cover the loss of Anisimov, as Brassard, Prospal, Dubinsky, Johansen, Mackenzie and Letestu are all natural centers, and their defence, aside from either Wiz or Tyutin remaining, also have the newly added Johnson, Aucoin, Nikitin, Moore and other youngsters like Murray, Erixon, Savard and even Ruth that could be ready to fill in.

Mason has had a steady decline in his play since his rookie season, but the guy has talent. I think shake up could be what he needs, playing with a more successful team, be it here, or some where like Chicago or another playoff team looking for an inexpensive starter or someone that could platoon. An easy flip, or a back up with NHL experience for us at a higher price tag then I'd like.

Raymond is a great talent, but like most Canucks fans on these boards I don't think he has a fit here anymore with so many other tweener wingers on the roster. He has played RW and even center in the past, and even with some of the above mentioned centers presumably playing wing, Foligno and Umberger are their only natural top 6 wingers. I see a good fit for him there

I think Anisimov, due to age, relative success with a playoff team in NY and potential, as being more valuable then Bozak.

Wiz, ideally, would be more valuable then anyone the Leafs could afford to surrender on D, and would be more useful then their wingers.

Mason is the piece being upgraded for Columbus, and holds no extra value to me, I'd gladly substitute a pick, but having 3 potential goalies with 1+ million dollar cap hits isn't ideal.

FORWARDS
R.J. Umberger ($4.600m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m)
Nick Foligno ($3.083m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Vinny Prospal ($2.500m) / Jared Boll ($1.050m)
Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Derek MacKenzie ($1.000m) / Colton Gillies ($0.625m)
Cam Atkinson ($0.875m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Jack Johnson ($4.357m) / Fedor Tyutin ($4.500m)
Adrian Aucoin ($2.250m) / Ryan Murray ($3.525m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / David Savard ($0.917m)
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)
BUYOUTS
Mike Commodore ($1.542m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,650,642; BONUSES: $5,922,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $18,814,358

Without Mason.

Please forgive the lines, I have no idea how the Blue Jackets will look at the start of this season.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Cogburn, that was a lot of work to trade Lu to a team that nobody can imagine him wanting to go to.

Closed Thread