HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Happy New Year! Now Can We Finally Beat These Guys? OKC @ Houston, Tue. 1/1 4PM MDT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
  #26
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,667
vCash: 500
Good lord, that was so easy. It's time for them to return for the NHL, it's silly how good they are at this level.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:24 PM
  #27
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Yeah that PP actually looked like practice haha.

Another nice move by Hall and Ebs on a 2 on 1 but a big save from Hackett. Danis comes up big on the next rush too.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
  #28
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,740
vCash: 500
Barons starting the game strong, hopefully they can keep it up.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:26 PM
  #29
oilphan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Does Magnus still play for this team?

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
  #30
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Thanks so much, listening to homers in the AHL is terrible.
Welcome and I 100% agree with you.

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:29 PM
  #31
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
What a play by Ebs to create that space there. Hall had an empty net but Cuma just came up huge with a block there!

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
  #32
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,740
vCash: 500
Hell of a shift by the Nordic line, great job by Houston not taking a penalty on that shift considering how long they were pinned in their zone.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
  #33
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Does Magnus still play for this team?
Yes.

Ref needs to blow the whistle quicker when its covered.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:31 PM
  #34
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Hell of a shift by the Nordic line, great job by Houston not taking a penalty on that shift considering how long they were pinned in their zone.
Yeah that was a beauty shift and continued after the change too. Prv almost had one as well.

Pitlick with a nice drive to the net there

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:34 PM
  #35
bewbies
Registered User
 
bewbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
NHLers (which would be... Ebs, Hall, Schultz ()) getting the call up to Edmonton after the game.

Just putting it out there...

And yes. Schultz is not allowed in Edmonton till all records are broken.
I think you may be misinterpreting what that guy is saying.

bewbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:36 PM
  #36
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Love Arcos tenacity, wish he had more size to him he could be a great 2C.

Good first period there, battled hard and had a lot of solid shifts that generated scoring chances. Need to keep the mistakes pretty low for the rest of the game or this team will capitalize.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:42 PM
  #37
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up
 
Matt Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 50
I dont really watch the games, but I have noticed Arcobello has had a lot of points. Is it just because he's playing with Hall/Eberle, or is he actually good (possible future NHLer)?

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
  #38
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Good lord, that was so easy. It's time for them to return for the NHL, it's silly how good they are at this level.
I actually think we will see NHL hockey. This is the first time I've felt that way in quite some time. But if the talks fall apart I think that with the return of the Nuge we might see some amazing things from these guys. They seem to be over their adjustment period in the AHL and are at times totally dominating in a way that I have not seen in a long time. Kind of reminds me of some nights back in the 80's when Gretz and the boys would go into beast mode.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
  #39
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
I dont really watch the games, but I have noticed Arcobello has had a lot of points. Is it just because he's playing with Hall/Eberle, or is he actually good (possible future NHLer)?
Talked about it a bit on the first page, and more in other threads. But to sum it up:

He is a good player, makes smart plays, good vision, not afraid of the physicality. But he won't get a chance unless it is in the top 6. I do think he deserves a chance at some point though. Not sure if he will get one in our system.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
  #40
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
I dont really watch the games, but I have noticed Arcobello has had a lot of points. Is it just because he's playing with Hall/Eberle, or is he actually good (possible future NHLer)?
He's decent offensively but he's one of those guys who isn't quite skilled enough to make up for his lack of size in the NHL.

Playing with Hall and Eberle has boosted his stats big time. He's had two 4 point nights this month and many other multi-point games since being put with the kids. Gotta give him credit for slotting in and doing such a good job with Nuge at the WJC though.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:47 PM
  #41
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Nathan Deck just said "Schultz is going to be the next Lidstrom, he is that good." Wow bold statement.

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:47 PM
  #42
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
He's decent offensively but he's one of those guys who isn't quite skilled enough to make up for his lack of size in the NHL.

Playing with Hall and Eberle has boosted his stats big time. He's had two 4 point nights this month and many other multi-point games since being put with the kids. Gotta give him credit for slotting in and doing such a good job with Nuge at the WJC though.
Yeah I didn't mention that. He isn't the type of player who will make anyone on his wing better. He would need solid linemates in the NHL to produce. Hall and Eberle have without a doubt helped his point production.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
  #43
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Nathan Deck just said "Schultz is going to be the next Lidstrom, he is that good." Wow bold statement.
Nathan Deck is a good old Saskatchewan boy...he knows best

Schultz is so good though, not sure how good he will end up but he is a stud for sure (not saying he is the second coming of anyone).

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:51 PM
  #44
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
I actually think we will see NHL hockey. This is the first time I've felt that way in quite some time. But if the talks fall apart I think that with the return of the Nuge we might see some amazing things from these guys. They seem to be over their adjustment period in the AHL and are at times totally dominating in a way that I have not seen in a long time. Kind of reminds me of some nights back in the 80's when Gretz and the boys would go into beast mode.
Agreed. I think that the finish line is near and that we'll see a tentative agreement within a week after a few more ups and downs. They're too close to blow it all up now, that wouldn't benefit anybody.
The Oilers are going to have a real advantage if/when the lockout ends with Hall, Eberle and Schultz playing at a high level in a competitive North American league while most others are cast off in Europe or aren't playing at all. They seem fully ready for NHL action.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:52 PM
  #45
Ziostilon
Registered User
 
Ziostilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
You need guys like Arcobello if the cap is going to drop significantly... permanently

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
  #46
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Nathan Deck is a good old Saskatchewan boy...he knows best

Schultz is so good though, not sure how good he will end up but he is a stud for sure (not saying he is the second coming of anyone).
With as good as Schultz has been at every level in his career, he could end up being one of those guys that people say that someone is the second coming of him.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:54 PM
  #47
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
With as good as Schultz has been at every level in his career, he could end up being one of those guys that people say that someone is the second coming of him.
Its definitely a possibility

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:55 PM
  #48
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
1-1 PP goal Aeros

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:57 PM
  #49
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec
 
nofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewbies View Post
I think you may be misinterpreting what that guy is saying.
You mean, something other than blindingly optimistic?!

It's unlikely it'll amount to anything. Just thought it was relevant information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Its definitely a possibility
Dat Schultz... any points of note yet?

Speaking of defencemen speaking, Deck's looked pretty good in his limited look so far.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
  #50
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post

Speaking of defencemen speaking, Deck's looked pretty good in his limited look so far.
He plays smart. Never tries to go outside his game like Marincin likes to do. He's a good partner for Schultz because he knows if Schultz is up, he needs to stay back. That's why I am almost thinking that we need to pair Schultz with Smid when he comes up to the NHL.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.