HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Shayne Gostisbehere(USA) & Valeri Nichushkin(RUS) suspended 1 game each

Old
01-01-2013, 04:53 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Canada better keep their cool against these dirty opponents.
and maybe us Canadian fans can stop *****ing about the big meanies handing out dirty suspensions to only our guys.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
and maybe us Canadian fans can stop *****ing about the big meanies handing out dirty suspensions to only our guys.
Sorry. I can't see that happening.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:01 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Ghost getting suspended for that is just a joke. It was a dumb play....who cares. Not to mention the dude milked it...

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:05 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Watch the video, Wotherspoon looks at Nichushkin coming at him when he goes around the net, then he turn his back anyways and faces down at the puck close to the boards. It goes against everything you learn as a hockey player from a really young age, coaches drill that into you. Stupid play by the guy. Face down next to the boards and you risk breaking your neck if you get hit, and you will get hit a lot of the time. You're responsible for protecting yourself at all costs, yeah it's an illegal play if a guy checks you, but that doesn't mean much if you're in a wheelchair for the rest of your life.

Not saying it's not a penalty, but Nichuskin is a big man at 6 4" 200+ pounds, and if he had wanted to hurt Wotherspoon the hit would have been a hell of a lot harder.
I did watch the video. Would you care to watch the video and point out exactly what part you are coming up with this? Because I can't see it. What I see is Wotherspoon skating past the net (he does peak to see who's behind the net and probably does see Nichushkin coming), then skating into the corner to get the puck. Nichushkin actually moves to skate up BEHIND Wotherspoon so he could drill him in the numbers into the boards. Nichushkin could have probably hit him from the side had he continued skating along the boards, but instead he actually moved to position himself directly behind Nichushkin. He's lucky he didn't get suspended longer than 1 game, considering Boone Jenner got suspended for a less vicious hit (resulting injury was worse, but I don't think that should really matter all that much when you consider Wotherspoon may be tougher and better built than the guy that Jenner injured). Dirty dirty dirty hit.

01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
CrazyJoeDavola

Didn't see the Gostisbehere spear. Did he just take his stick and chop the other guy's nugget pouch in an upward motion?

CrazyJoeDavola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Ghost getting suspended for that is just a joke. It was a dumb play....who cares. Not to mention the dude milked it...
He was just making sure it was still operational...

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
Didn't see the Gostisbehere spear. Did he just take his stick and chop the other guy's nugget pouch in an upward motion?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgjFzt4Dd9A

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Nichushkin major + 2 games for Wotherspoons diving.

Either that or Canada let someone on their roster with terrible balance, the dive though is the obvious choice watched it happen and then was "injured" then came right back no problem.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post

Either that or Canada let someone on their roster with terrible balance, the dive though is the obvious choice watched it happen and then was "injured" then came right back no problem.
Would you like to volunteer to have your head smashed into the dasher to provide an independent test subject? Just to see if it really hurts or not.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Zybalto

Quote:

Yup, he was down for 7 seconds after getting creamed into the boards from behind and went to the dressing room to get repairs after it tore his face back open after taking the skate in the face earlier.

If he wanted to milk an injury, he did a pretty bad job.

Zybalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Zybalto

Quote:

What do you think about this one?

Zybalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 05:42 PM
x94Galchenyuk94x*

Quote:

Earlier in the game he had gotten a skate to the face that resulted in a big cut. He then came back and got hit from behind. I doubt he was actually hurt from the hit form behind, just his cut got opened up again.

Just because the guy wasn't hurt badly doesn't mean the hit was clean or justifiable.

Also to the person saying the hit was Wotherspoon's fault.. watch the hit again. He comes into the boards and checks his shoulder to see if someone is coming to hit him from the front/side. He sees nobody coming at him so he turns to shovel the puck on his backhand up the boards. Nichushkin then comes from behind the net and runs him face first into the boards. Blatant hit from behind and I'm sure he would have gotten ejected and suspended in the NHL.

x94Galchenyuk94x* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:11 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about? How is falling to the ice after getting your head smashed into the boards diving?

Also your comment about Wotherspoon coming right back no problem is flat out wrong. This isn't like Mikus who acted like he was dead after the Lipon hit only to come back a minute later and score a PP goal. Wotherspoon missed the rest of the first period (and a lot of the second if I'm not mistaken).

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
DamonDRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybalto View Post
What do you think about this one?

very similar to what MacKinnon did to one Russian guy later in yesteday's game. Remeber, he got 2 minutes only? The whole Canadian Internet warriors agreed that was a dive from Russian though.

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:15 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
very similar to what MacKinnon did to one Russian guy later in yesteday's game. Remeber, he got 2 minutes only? The whole Canadian Internet warriors agreed that was a dive from Russian though.
I pretty much disagree with everything you have said here.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Hollywood Burrows

"Gostisbehere" is one of the weirdest names I've ever heard. I got nothing else.

Hollywood Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:31 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

I think they are both fair. The hit from behind was bad and foolish and could have been even worse, but easily worth a game. Thought the spear was more stupid than harmful (Matis is a master of the fall down and be hurt), but it is a dumb and unecessary play deserving of supplemental discipline.

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Not cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I generally like the humor you bring around here, but honest question, what is funny about testicular cancer?

Swing and a big miss Kevy D.
You are both right. My bad. Sorry about that guys.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
NOt even close. Macs was bad and got what he deserved, but the Russian crosscheck was MUCH worse.

Leo Trollmarov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

What a joke.

Missed almost the entire game from the call during the game, and they're tacking on another one?

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
What a joke.

Missed almost the entire game from the call during the game, and they're tacking on another one?
Roo mad bro?

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:

Aren't you becoming tired of being wrong so often?

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Watch the video, Wotherspoon looks at Nichushkin coming at him when he goes around the net, then he turn his back anyways and faces down at the puck close to the boards. It goes against everything you learn as a hockey player from a really young age, coaches drill that into you. Stupid play by the guy. Face down next to the boards and you risk breaking your neck if you get hit, and you will get hit a lot of the time. You're responsible for protecting yourself at all costs, yeah it's an illegal play if a guy checks you, but that doesn't mean much if you're in a wheelchair for the rest of your life.

Not saying it's not a penalty, but Nichuskin is a big man at 6 4" 200+ pounds, and if he had wanted to hurt Wotherspoon the hit would have been a hell of a lot harder.

be that as it may, he still changed directions and looped around to hit him from behind, if Nischuskin didn't go out of his way to hit wotherspoon from behind he still hits him cleanly, but he went out of way to skate in a c shape to hit from behind, pure intent to hit from behind. should of been suspended more than 1 game

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 07:14 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Would you like to volunteer to have your head smashed into the dasher to provide an independent test subject? Just to see if it really hurts or not.

Aren't you gonna feel silly when you find out simply sensational works as a crash test dummy?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 10:03 PM
ed bruin

the Nichushkin could have been so much worse and he could have honestly killed Wotherspoon. Anybody saying Wotherspoon saw Nichushkin coming lol it was a high hit from behind 1 game is justifiable.

The Gostisbehere play was just so stupid and that wasn't a hockey play at all. If you are going to be tough guy do it face to face and not be a B about it like that. I hate that fake tough guy crap spearing players in the nuts heck I'm happy he got suspended

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote