Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Pothier

vCash: 500
Trades

Can be annouced tomorrow (June 1st).

Has anyone heard of any done deals?

I've heard Dahm to Sarnia and Fuller to Missy, and of course Bortuzzo to Kitchener.

I also heard something about Arron Alphonso to Saginaw. Has anyone else heard anything about this? It was mentioned on the NOOF.

Old
06-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battochio30
I've heard Dahm to Sarnia
Dahm to Sarnia would be incredably stupid, 3rd overall pick in the import draft and they have their 2 spots filled in a trade to get a goalie like that? wouldn't be a smooth move by Millar, unless they plan on moving Pospisil, which would also be a very stupid move about the only way i could see this happening is if they're sure to get something good for the 3rd overall import pick...

Old
06-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

I just spoke to Ted Baker (OHL Hockey Operations) about pending trades (awaiting today). He said that no trades have been approved yet, but that some will be formalized later today.

Old
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battochio30
I also heard something about Arron Alphonso to Saginaw. Has anyone else heard anything about this? It was mentioned on the NOOF.
Wow... that would be a nice pickup for Saginaw!

Old
06-01-2006, 11:12 AM
jwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
Dahm to Sarnia would be incredably stupid, 3rd overall pick in the import draft and they have their 2 spots filled in a trade to get a goalie like that? wouldn't be a smooth move by Millar, unless they plan on moving Pospisil, which would also be a very stupid move about the only way i could see this happening is if they're sure to get something good for the 3rd overall import pick...
I seethat the Sting dealt Musselman to the Shwa for Mifflen. I think that's a good trade - Musselman has got a ton of talent but he floats way too much.

Old
06-01-2006, 11:30 AM
CharlieGirl

According to the Windsor Star, Windsor is clearing out all of their OA's:

Quote:
Vice-president of hockey operations Warren Rychel sent overage prospects Mitch Maunu and Ryan Garlock to the Saginaw Spirit. In return, the Spitfires received 16-year-old forward Anthony Soboczynski and a conditional second-round pick in 2007 if both play at least one game in the OHL.

Windsor also traded overage prospect Peter Aston to the Oshawa Generals for another conditional second-round pick in 2008. That is also contingent on Aston playing at least one game for the Generals.
I'm not sure what Windsor is doing, but watch out for Saginaw in the West. They're going to be goooooood.

Old
06-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Default101

i think Musselman has hit a brick wall, bringing an 1988 born 6'3 defenceman like Mifflen sounds pretty good, heard about breaking his leg in 3 places, everyone likes to use Tront as an example but he looks like he's fully recovered and hopefully Mifflen does the same, fills an immediate need in the Sting, Musselman i think was very overrated by sarnia, we got Mashinter who seemed to have played awesome even got some decent 1st Line work in near the end of the season i think he'll more than cover Mussleman's role and then some

Old
06-01-2006, 07:27 PM
jwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
i think Musselman has hit a brick wall, bringing an 1988 born 6'3 defenceman like Mifflen sounds pretty good, heard about breaking his leg in 3 places, everyone likes to use Tront as an example but he looks like he's fully recovered and hopefully Mifflen does the same, fills an immediate need in the Sting, Musselman i think was very overrated by sarnia, we got Mashinter who seemed to have played awesome even got some decent 1st Line work in near the end of the season i think he'll more than cover Mussleman's role and then some
This trade is consistent with Millar's strategy of building from the net out. Looks like he's trying to load up on solid defencemen. In getting rid of Musselman- he's slowly weeding out the last of Doran's mistakes.Policelli should be next. I think he outfoxed Selwood on this one. (personally I don't think the Generals are going to do much until they get rid of Selwood -even with guys like Clutterbuck,and Tavares). There should be another trade announced imminently relating to the deal they did with Belleville during the draft. They should also get a good player with the # 3 pick in the import draft,and a couple of good OA's.

Old
06-01-2006, 07:27 PM
JrHockeyFan

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
According to the Windsor Star, Windsor is clearing out all of their OA's:

I'm not sure what Windsor is doing, but watch out for Saginaw in the West. They're going to be goooooood.
Good point. What is Windsor doing? Do they have better OA prospects?

Old
06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Good point. What is Windsor doing? Do they have better OA prospects?
I wouldn't think so, considering they had the best of the bunch prior to the trades.

My only guess is that they don't figure Garlock and Maunu will return - and they at least got something for them if they play even 1 OHL game with Saginaw.

Aston is a complete mystery to me - I don't beleive he's drafted, and he's a very good defenseman, so he's the perfect OA.

Old
06-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Camshaft77

Windsor has Cal O'reilley as an OA this year and he will be their top offensive player mostlikely, unless he ends up playing in the AHL which I would'nt expect.

Old
06-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

http://www.bellevillebulls.com/admin...jorsTrade.html

The Belleville Bulls and Toronto St. Michaelís Majors completed a two-player trade on Monday. Coming to Belleville is overage forward Tyler Donati in return for forward Scott Baker and a conditional second round pick in the 2007 OHL Priority Selection.

The trade completes a swap of second round draft picks made by the two teams just prior to the 2006 OHL Priority Selection held in May and was made official following the opening of the OHL trading period on June 1st.

Old
06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
CharlieGirl

Any guesses how long it's going to take the Bulls to get Justin?

Old
06-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Justin is really hoping to be drafted this summer. Look for HF's Q & A with him in the near future.

Old
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
SpItFiReZ

Windsor had 6 Overagers this year. Rychel is getting something in return for players who realistically wont be back. Garlock and Maunu will realistically be drafted again this summer and probably be in the AHL or ECHL. Chicago didn't have enough contracts for them to be signed.

Bickell, O'Rielly, Garlock, Maunu, Aston, Gaudagnolo, Davis were all overagers for this upcoming season.

Essentially, Windsor got a young player for free if Garlock and Maunu play anywhere other then the OHL.

Bickell and Davis have signed. Garlock and Maunu will be redrafted. There was talk of Aston playing in ECHL or AHL next year. Gaudagnolo could be back but had a very solid year and O'Reilly who knows....maybe he makes AHL, maybe he comes back.

Old
06-07-2006, 02:17 PM
STS44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ
Windsor had 6 Overagers this year. Rychel is getting something in return for players who realistically wont be back. Garlock and Maunu will realistically be drafted again this summer and probably be in the AHL or ECHL. Chicago didn't have enough contracts for them to be signed.

Bickell, O'Rielly, Garlock, Maunu, Aston, Gaudagnolo, Davis were all overagers for this upcoming season.

Essentially, Windsor got a young player for free if Garlock and Maunu play anywhere other then the OHL.

Bickell and Davis have signed. Garlock and Maunu will be redrafted. There was talk of Aston playing in ECHL or AHL next year. Gaudagnolo could be back but had a very solid year and O'Reilly who knows....maybe he makes AHL, maybe he comes back.

Aston was traded to Oshawa recently ....

Old
06-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Boomhower

O'Reilly, Guadagnolo and Davis are all very good over age players.... if they return.
I'm sure Windsor did their research with NJ and the Preds to make sure they will in fact be returning.

Old
06-07-2006, 11:22 PM
SpItFiReZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS44
Aston was traded to Oshawa recently ....
Yes, I know....there was talk of him going to the ECHL or possibly the AHL.

Davis, O'Reilly and Gaudagnolo are needed more than Aston is. Scoring will be a problem this year. The Defense is alright.

Old
06-08-2006, 09:35 AM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
For the first time in their history, Windsor is actually rebuilding properly, as opposed to "going for it" and failing spectacularly every year under Riolo.

Old
06-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Dizzy

Windsor's OAs as it stand look to be O'Reilly, Todd and Guadanoglo. I would assume now that Davis has signed he won't be back. I understand the need to re-build, but it's still hard to see some of the old guys traded. If Maunu ends up back in the OHL next season and we have Todd as our OA d-man instead, I will not be impressed.

Old
06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
SpItFiReZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Windsor's OAs as it stand look to be O'Reilly, Todd and Guadanoglo. I would assume now that Davis has signed he won't be back. I understand the need to re-build, but it's still hard to see some of the old guys traded. If Maunu ends up back in the OHL next season and we have Todd as our OA d-man instead, I will not be impressed.
Im going to have to agree to that. It always sucks seeing players leave. I think watching Ott, Gleason, Wellwood leave was the worst. We had such a solid team then.

I can see O'Reilly in the AHL next year. Windsor is going to be the youngest team next year.

Closed Thread