HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part X: Is There Any Hope? Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

vCash: 500
Maybe the NHL is putting together another proposal

Old
01-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
When did I say he deserves to be bashed? Please, I'd like you to show me.

The only thing I don't get is how Lundqvist has been classy this entire time. It's clearly proven that he has not been. Maybe he's been one of the "more" classy players, but he has definitely not been classy during the ENTIRE lockout. I guess he has been classy during the entire lockout if it's considered classy to tweet someone's salary and mention how "If Bettman's getting paid X amount, the league can't be doing that bad." Very classy.
Well, it doesn't make him not classy. I'm with him. If you say the league's financial system needs to be tweeked and he's taking in $8 million and wants the players' salaries cut to help out, what about him?

Old
01-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I'm certain that many people here have vented on social media before when they felt wronged by something. It doesn't make them classless, it just shows a relative lack of tact and PR skills.

Old
01-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Well, it doesn't make him not classy. I'm with him. If you say the league's financial system needs to be tweeked and he's taking in $8 million and wants the players' salaries cut to help out, what about him?
My thoughts exactly....Bettman makes way to much for a guy who is very responsible for 3 lockouts during his tenure

Old
01-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I'm certain that many people here have vented on social media before when they felt wronged by something. It doesn't make them classless, it just shows a relative lack of tact and PR skills.
I'm not sure I would even go that far. As terrible as it is to say, the opinions of the media and of the fans have never even come into consideration for either side, except as negotiating tools and unsuccessful ones at that. The players have been totally unconcerned with how the negotiation is playing in the public. So have the owners. That's not a lack of tact or a lack of PR skills. It's a mutual realization that these things don't actually matter.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:19 PM
alkurtz

Isn't one of the things we love about Henrik as a goalie and team leader is that he wears his emotions on his sleeve? How can we expect him to be any different in "real life?" There is no artiface with him, he is real and authentic. Would you want him to start mouthing platitudes after games? Are not his post game comments always fascinating to listen to because he is so real? These are human beings here with all the strengths and weaknesses we all have. Give the guy a break.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
Isn't one of the things we love about Henrik as a goalie and team leader is that he wears his emotions on his sleeve? How can we expect him to be any different in "real life?" There is no artiface with him, he is real and authentic. Would you want him to start mouthing platitudes after games? Are not his post game comments always fascinating to listen to because he is so real? These are human beings here with all the strengths and weaknesses we all have. Give the guy a break.
Couldn't have said it better. This is why we love him.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:28 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Seriously, complaining about Henrik's emotions is ****ing asinine.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
While I haven't actually been involved with twitter (other than what I read here), I'm convinced that the medium makes people stupid. Being able to comment about any thing at any time is too tempting. People forget to think before they hit the send button.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
So then what makes a player unclassy? Because he said things just as stupid as other players, but apparently he has been "more classy" than others during the lockout.

And tweeting about Bettman's salary is ****ing stupid. I don't care who said it. Bettman gets paid $8MM to do his job, which unlike Lundqvist, he still has a job when there's a lockout.

01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Two sides are close on revenue-sharing. Previously thought to be on pensions as well, but some hiccups on that front now
Quote:
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay
CBA discussions this afternoon were on revenue sharing and pensions. NHL presenting response to union counter at moment.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:

And tweeting about Bettman's salary is ****ing stupid. I don't care who said it. Bettman gets paid $8MM to do his job, which unlike Lundqvist, he still has a job when there's a lockout.
8 million a year is an overpaid salary for a man who is mediocre at his job at best and is responsible for alot of the issues being addressed during this lockout at the moment. he is also partly responsible IMO for the last 2 lockouts

time for a new guy at the helm....but thats not gonna happen

Old
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

And there ya have it!

Quote:
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590
Meeting is over, Fehr says they got a comprehensive response from the NHL and hope to respond to them tomorrow.
Quote:
Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector
Tortorella-esque 43-second presser from Fehr. NHL countered yesterday's PA counter. Now union reviews. Likely talk again tomorrow.
Quote:
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Meeting is done. PA received comprehensive response from league. Taking time to review it tonight. Expect to meet tmrw
Actual bargaining!

Old
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Well that was fast

Jesse Spector‏@jessespector

Tortorella-esque 43-second presser from Fehr. NHL countered yesterday's PA counter. Now union reviews. Likely talk again tomorrow.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

Old
01-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
8 million a year is a overpaid salary for a man who is mediocre at his job at best and is responsible for alot of the issues this lockout is dealing with at the moment. he is also partly responsible IMO for the last 2 lockouts
Well the owners don't think he's overpaid, nor do they think he's responsible for the lockouts, because if he was directly responsible for them, he would have been fired.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Lundsanity30

What we could have hoped for really. More talks tomorrow

Old
01-01-2013, 08:56 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

It's an interesting point in the negotiations. They know no matter what it's 48 or 0. And both sides know that they can get a deal done as late as say... the 10th to get that done.

So, they can really take their "sweet ass time" from today until the 10th to get a deal done. I wouldn't expect a deal done before the 9th, but that's just me.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Lundsanity30

Thought they wanted camp to start around the 10th or so? Still need it in writing and notarized

Old
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
Well the owners don't think he's overpaid, nor do they think he's responsible for the lockouts, because if he was directly responsible for them, he would have been fired.
of course the owners are on his side...bettman is on their side and making alot of the owners money even with 3 lockouts

he only needs 8 owners on his side to keep him there...that's ridiculous

Old
01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Hey guys main board moves too fast, and I didn't get an answer, and you guys are pretty active on here.

Whatever happened with the January 4th thing? Didn't they need to settle out of court by then or something? I haven't heard anything about it since talks have started back up again.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...12763175878656

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...13412718383104

Quote:
Bettman: “In our response there were certain things that the players’ association asked for that we agreed to. There were some things we ...
Quote:
Bettman cont: "...moved in their direction and there were other things that we said, ‘No’, but that’s part of the process.”
Almost sounds like they are, you know, negotiating.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...14707911053313

Quote:
Revenue sharing is close to a done deal. The NHLPA move in the direction of the NHL by accepting a 10 year CBA with certain conditions.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Hey guys main board moves too fast, and I didn't get an answer, and you guys are pretty active on here.

Whatever happened with the January 4th thing? Didn't they need to settle out of court by then or something? I haven't heard anything about it since talks have started back up again.
It's not the 4th it's the 11th, to start on the 19th.

Starting on the 19th apparently allows a 48-game season (which is the minimum required amt of games the NHL wants).

In order to start on the 19th, a deal would have to be done by the 11th.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post

Right, I thought they had to decide whether to file for de-certification by Jan 2.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:09 PM
frankthefrowner

Nothing has to be settled by the 4th, they can put in motions to postpone any court hearings if need be. The judge in all likely hood doesnt want any part of this anyway. The disclaimer of interest can be revoted on if needed. The only way that happens is if the season gets cancelled.

Closed Thread